How do I add <next record> field in a mail merge?

0
Phil1 (164)

(1) Please use the large white space to ask your question.

(2) What is it you're trying to do?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/5/2005 2:56:02 AM
Publisher does not support Next Record or other mail merge fields like this.

You can use the Catalog Merge in Publisher 2003, or you can get Publisher to
tile multiple records on one page (e.g. for business cards) by setting the
page size to less than half the paper size in either direction.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/5/2005 4:11:28 PM
They are trying to use the <next record> feature similar to Word, however
Publisher doesn't have the <next record> feature.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> (1) Please use the large white space to ask your question.
>
> (2) What is it you're trying to do?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Add-on for Pet Shop
Hi, Is there an Add-On For RMS designed for Pet Shops??? Thanks, Sacha Sacha, I have talked to DRS(Digital Retail Solutions)about that very same thing. They have responded to me by asking what I would like in a pet store bundle(they currently have a bundle for bicycle shops), basically a wish list. I haven't had the time to think about it a whole lot, so I haven't got back to them yet. I was also concerned about the cost if I was the only one interested in such a module. Contact me at craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com and maybe we could come up with a wish list for such a ...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

HELP Error: Trying to populate userform fields from access databas
Hi All, I have been struggling with this since long, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with getting this done. Basically I want to pull information from access database and populate my excel userform fields. For eg: If I input a Student Id field I want to populate the Name and Phone number for that student from access database, Here is the code that I have so far, But it gives me errors.. Please guide me through this Private Sub StudentId_AfterUpdate() Dim cnt As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Name, Phone FROM...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

New Views are not displaying Customized calculated fields value
I created a new view based on some native fields along with some custom fields. None of the custom field values are calculating and showing up in the view: The custom fields do not seem to be complicated. here they are Earned Work hours = INT([Work]/60)*([Physical % Complete]/100) Productivity = IIf([Actual Work]=0,0,([Earned Work Hours]/([Actual Work]/60))*100) WorkHours Forecast = IIf([Actual Work]=0,([Work]/60),([Work]/60)/([Productivity]/100)) The view is set at the Security Category of "My Projects" Thanks, I am assuming that you have this problem in P...

mail que not sending
the exchange 2003 server has messages banking up in its out going queues. E-mails to external addresses are not sending. they are just sitting in the wue and constantly retrying. Ee-mails sent to internal e-mail adresses are working fine. what would be causing this? how do i get the messages to send again as they should? Hi Bill, How does your system send outbound email to the internet? Could be one of a few things, have you checked DNS, Internet Connectivity? Can you telnet to port 25 on the email systems which outbound messages are destin for? Are there any NDR's and what do the...

Cannot send mail using either port 25 or 587
I don't understand why this has only recently been happening but I cannot send mail using smtp in ol 2003. I am trying to send using my Yahoo account but the send receive says that it is sending messages that are not actually in the outbox, e.g (bottom rh corner of screen sending 2 of 3 messages when there are no messages there to send) then after a short while it says error send receive. My ISP is BT and apparently they block port 25 so I changed the port settings (as recommended by Yahoo) to port 587 but I still cannot send from within outlook. I have configured my e mail accou...

how do i verify my e-mail address?
PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? And by verify you mean? "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to yourself? If it leaves your outbox and later on arrives in your inbox, everthing should be OK? Hope that answers your question. "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Start a...

Additional fields in the Activity Table / Case Timer
I have a client who needs accurate billing from the the Activities performed towards the resolution of a case. The ideal solution would be a timer on the Activity Form. However, this is not possible in v1.2 However, in the ActivityBase table there are fields called ActualStart, ActualEnd and ActualDuration. I am planning on writing a report which uses these fields. I would like to know how the application uses these fields, as it would seem to be counterintuitive. I say counterintutitive because when I created a calculated field and subtracted the ActualStart from the Actualend I ...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Broke mail
Whats causing this ? only thing in the event viewer is Event Type: Warning Event Source: Marc3Host Event Category: None Event ID: 6204 Date: 21/02/2007 Time: 17:54:30 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Plugin DSScheduler reports exception. Data Sources: Builder failed. Additional info: Could not resolve url For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. been trying to remove a 2007 server but its infected everything it seems Marc3Host? What's that? You've probably got something else installed on the Exchange server....

Trying to display records that are 6 months old
I have a database which lists employee details including there start dates. I'm trying to produce a report/query which return employees that have been with us for more than 6 months. The database has a StartDate field where we have entered the date they started with the company & this is the field i need to query. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Bash In the Criteria row of your query, uner the StartDate field, try: <= DateAdd("m", -6, Date()) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/t...

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

how to select top 100 distinct records
Hi, I need to select only to top 10 distinct job_names from my table. I can do a select distinct or a select top(10), but can not combine them both into one statement... Is there a way to do this ?? select top(10) distinct(job_name) from tbl_pick where created < DATEADD(minute,1,getdate()) select DISTINCT TOP(10) job_name from tbl_pick where created < DATEADD(minute,1,getdate()) ....will do the trick. "Aussie Rules" <ausse@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OBZTbKKeKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to select only...

Activities View & Regarding Field
Is it possible to see the Regarding name in the activities view? I know it is possible to exit the activity view throught the view editor e.g. http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} for all activities though this only allows addition of a few fields. if I look in the SavedQueryBase, the view {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} gives a FetchXml string with the activity fields. the display text for the regarding field is available in the Activity view as the ObjectName field Can one simply add the ObjectName field to this to provide the rega...

How do I make sure an e-mail is deleted from my computer?
vickbrk509 <vickbrk509@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Always provide a description of your configuration, including Outlook version, when posting. If you want to delete a message, select it and click or prfess Delete. Then empty the Deleted Items folder. Was that really too hard to figure out?>\ -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

delete all dulplicate rows leaving no record of the duplicates
I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I want to be able to delete ALL duplicates. e.g. bob bob scott john would delete all record of bob leaving just the following: scott john How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly apprenciated. Many thanks -- nozzaworld One way to do it would be to add a 'helper' column. Assuming the names are in column A on the sheet and begin in row 2, put this formula into an available cell in row 2: =COUNTIF(A:A,A2) Fill the formula down to the end of your names list. Use Data --&g...

merge email outlook 2003
Help, I am trying to complete an email merge. Everything goes great until sending - I can only 25 about 25 messages then Outlook 'freezes' and send me an error message: "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?S2 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed.'" My Internet Server says they are not the problem in fact I have a 'business account' and should have a fairly large message limit (certainly extremely larger than my currant project). ...

Mail server name
I have to migrate from Exchange 2000 (on windows 2000 server) to Exchange 2003 (windows 2003 server). The new server has a differente name from the older. The problem is that I have to change, in each client, the mail server name on Outlook. Is there a way to update the Otlook client with the new server name ? Thanks! Hi Rod, There's a tool available from MS, you can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56F45AC3-448F-4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=en hope it helps! Solko "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message ...