How do I access auto text in Publisher

I am creating a newsletter and the temp;late includes text fields that show
the volume, issue and date.  How do I access and change this data?
0
Joes (9)

Click on the text box?
Are you having problems doing this? If you want to insert the date, click the date
text box, on the toolbar, insert, date and time. The volume and issue you will have
to do manually.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Joes" <Joes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a newsletter and the temp;late includes text fields that show
> the volume, issue and date.  How do I access and change this data?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/15/2005 5:56:49 PM
If you open a newsletter template, there are text boxes containing the words
"volume", "Issue" and "Date" these words are not editable. Pointing at them
appears to select the entire word.  Are the characters of this word text
field?  I have also noticed that the name of the newsletter acts like a field
and when edited on the first page, changes in the heading of subsequent
newsletter pages.  How is this type of auto-text generated, accessed and
edited?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Click on the text box?
> Are you having problems doing this? If you want to insert the date, click the date
> text box, on the toolbar, insert, date and time. The volume and issue you will have
> to do manually.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Joes" <Joes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am creating a newsletter and the temp;late includes text fields that show
> > the volume, issue and date.  How do I access and change this data?

0
Joes (9)

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

converting text to a formula
is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? I have built a series of cells using CONCATENATE to produce a text string for a vlookup formula - is there a way to now use this text as a working VLOOKUP formula? Thanks. West. -- West ------------------------------------------------------------------------ West's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277050 West Wrote: > is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? > > I have built a series of cells u...

if cell is text move left one column

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

no access to send internet email

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Publisher can not save file

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003