how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes
0
scott7693 (519)

I suppose you could create your text as an image and insert the image into
your publisher file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Calvin Scott" <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

Calvin Scott <Calvin Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

You don't.

Text in Publisher has to either go in a text box or a WordArt frame.  This
is the basis of the program, as Publisher is a layout program, not a word
processor.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
9/12/2005 8:24:07 PM
Calvin Scott wrote:
> how do you add text to publisher without using text boxes

Or you could use WordArt, which doesn't use "text boxes" per se. Or you
could use the autoshapes and contruct text out of autoshapes.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
9/12/2005 8:29:32 PM
Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Or you could use the autoshapes and contruct text out of autoshapes.

LOL! :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Converting a publisher file to adobe, with editable text
I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group. I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable. Is there a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program? Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE418097-D3AA-4B25-80E7-4B625EAF54D9@microsoft.com... >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send ...

DDP (Drop down Box)
i have a front sheet that has data input onto it, this then feeds into sheets Monday thru Sunday, I would like to print data on occassions and have decided to creat a form for this option, what i dont want to do is allow users access to the data on the pages then print, am looking for a safe way to do this and decided a form, drop down box, selecting the day of the week to be printed and this would print the required data, Any idea of the code for example, Selecting Monday in the Drop down box, would then print the Sheet "Mon" Tuesday in DDB would then print "Tue" and s...

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

Using ISNULL()
I've got a left join query that I need a 0 to be included in the a specific column that would normally be <NULL> in the left join. I'm trying to write the query using SELECT ..., ISNULL(<COLUMN>, 0), but I get a "Wrong number of arguments used with function in query expression 'ISNULL(<COLUMN>, 0)'" Is the ISNULL function defined for access 2003? And if so, what arguments should I be passing to it. All docs that I've discover say to use the two arg function. Thanks for the help in advance, Andy IsNull is the wrong function to use, it si...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Using Ghost as OS Backup
I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. Has anyone done this or had any problems? Thanks, Fred On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:26:28 -0600, "Fred T" <fredt2@mail.com> wrote: >I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used >Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during >the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. ...

using beforeprint
I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but doesn't seem t execute the sub. What's wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post your existing code :-) Also check that you have put this code in your workbook module ('ThisWorkbook') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet > printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but > doesn't seem to execute the sub. What's wrong?...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

Is it possible to highlight text?
I'd like to highlight just some of the text in a cell - not the entire thing. Thanks Select the cell and in the edit bar you can then select (highlight) some of the text with the mouse and format how you wish, eg bold, different colour, different background colour, different font/font size etc. Hope this helps. Pete This will NOT work in a formula. Works only if all text. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:1139215455.134469.285660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Select the cell ...

DPM sometimes uses too many tapes
Hi, i have problem with DPM long term backups on tape. I have collocation enabled so that is not a problem. Sometimes DPM uses too many tapes for same protection group, sometimes it uses 1, and then sometimes 2 - 4. Amount of data is always same. Can anybody help me please, what could be the problem? Hi Tornado, Can you explain protection group configurations as well as tape usage in detail, so that we can analyze on what is happening? Thanks, Jyothsna[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tornado" <Torn...

Using different form strings to filter
Hello. Is there a way to code a query to have it use a filter string if a form is open, or ignore it if the filter is not open? Example: Query Name: Query1 Form: Form1 and Form2 Query fields: Field1 and Field2 I have a string in field 1 and 2 Forms!Form1!Field1 in the first field of the query, and Forms!Form1! Field2 in the second field. Can I also have Forms!Form2!Field1 in the query as well? I have tried this, but a box pops up and asks for the information from form 2 when it is not open. Thank you. hi, nybaseball22@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. Is there a way to code a query to...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons?
Hi Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as Next, Previous and New record? Stapes Probably. Trap what and when? "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7fe0fd6b-0da1-495e-a369-29bc72ca3af9@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as > Next, Previous and New record? > > Stapes On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:14:20 -0800 (PST), Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: No. And there shouldn't be a reason for that. There are plenty of events in...

Cannot stop using online services with First Tech Credit Union
My bank, First Tech Credit Union, recently upgraded their online banking services. This upgrade also included a change to the user name and password used for online banking in Money 2006. Their upgrade instructions (http://www.firsttechcu.com/help/help_guide_money.html) say to disable online services for your Money file as the third step to upgrading to the new services. The problem is that when I click on Stop Using Online Services in Money nothing happens. I click on OK and Money hangs for a bit then comes back with no change, clicking on OK again has the same effect, clicking on ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Using paste in macro but with variable references.
Hi all, I am trying to use the paste function in a macro but it needs to be variable. I have split a list of data (team workloads) into the seperate teams and by days of the week. I now need the macro to compile one book with all the data in order. The headings for each team are already set on a worksheet so the data needs to be entered under each heading For example: Team A Day 1 under the heading "Team A Day 1", Team B Day 1 under the next heading on the same sheet "Team B Day 1". I hit problems as the workload ammount will alter from week to week. So of course asking...

graph add ins for dials or dashboard reports?
I am trying to create some dashboard reporting at my company and cannot find any addins for this purpose. Can anyone help ??? I've heard from a few people that like Charley Kidd's dashboards. I haven't tried them: http://exceluser.com/dash/index.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ BhewesPSU91 wrote: > I am trying to create some dashboard reporting at my company and cannot find > any addins for this purpose. Can anyone help ??? ...