How can I stop each line of text from capitalizing the first word

When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the
first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence.  I know there some
place to turn it off, but I can't find it.
0
jp (62)

JP,

Not sure about Pub but in lots of programs, if you hit enter to start a
new line, the first word is capitalized. Is this what you are doing?

Mike

JP wrote:
> When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the
> first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence.  I know there some
> place to turn it off, but I can't find it.
0
wordwiz (948)
10/9/2006 12:48:53 AM
Tools, AutoCorrect Options, AutoCorrect tab.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> JP,
>
> Not sure about Pub but in lots of programs, if you hit enter to start a new
> line, the first word is capitalized. Is this what you are doing?
>
> Mike
>
> JP wrote:
>> When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the
>> first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence.  I know there some
>> place to turn it off, but I can't find it.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/9/2006 7:27:57 AM
JP wrote:
> When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the
> first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence.  I know there some
> place to turn it off, but I can't find it.

Sounds like you're inserting a paragraph mark (pressing Enter) at the
end of each line. Don't do this. Let text wrapping create the line break
for you (just keep typing and Publisher will move the text that doesn't
fit to the next line). If you need to create a new line mid-paragraph
(to adjust the flow of the text or something), use Shift+Enter instead.
This creates a line break instead of a paragraph break, and so does not
make Publisher think you have started a new sentence. Hence no
capitalisation.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Can Excel 2007 link with Outlook 2007
I have a list of companies names that I need to add the addresses to. I don't want them to be on the same worksheet. I will need to add compaines to the list from time to time. Also Is it possible to link these addresses with outlook? Thanks, Dan ...

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

Can individual words in a sentence be animated in powerpoint?
I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. On 6/4/10 1:08 PM, consultkjb wrote: > I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like > to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. I think you can only do that if they are in a separate text box. --David -- David M. Marcovitz Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_ http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/ ...

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Can I stop formatting changes from appearing in "track changes"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Under track changes preferences, I have &quot;none&quot; selected, yet formatting changes still show up when I chose to display the changes in balloons. I can accept most of the formatting changes in order to eliminate the balloons, but sometimes I click to &quot;accept&quot; 10 or 20 times, but the balloon won't go away. <br><br>I realize that this is only a problem with balloons, but my pagination gets messed up if I don't use balloons. Yes: Turn off "Keep track of f...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

can i recover documents not recently saved after a crash?
computer just restarted itselt in the middle of doing a visio drawing. after restart it's not recovered anything! is it possible to get back? ...

Word 2007-Pinning documents to most recent list
I've pinned several documents to my most recent documents list but they don't always show. For example, I have about 5 documents that I have pinned and I'm showing 20 new documents when I click the Office button in Word. If I have worked recently with 25 or 30 documents, but not one of the 5 that are pinned, then the most recent 20 show, and that list doesn't always include the 5 that are pinned. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Or is this a known issue? Thanks! If you are showing 20 documents in the list and you have worked with 20 documents other ...

is there a faster way to get text
Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Box, is there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without having to click on the Text Box over and over again? Denise, If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolbar. From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will. To stop just press escape or double click the icon again. If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the textbox icon to lock the button. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Denise" wrote: > ...

text wrapping #6
How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? The same way as any wrapping. What problem are you having? Select the object, Arrange, Order, bring to the front (alt+F6). If you have a border around your publication, send it to the back first. (alt+shift+F6). -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rita alford" <rita alford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08694CB-BB1C-43E5-B9F7-250D8ECF6448@microsoft.com... > How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? ...

Rich Text
Hi, One of my clients wants to record job position description in CRM. However, lack of rich text functionality in CRM makes it harder for them to use CRM. Is there any way I can provide rich text within CRM - whether by configuration, .NET customization or a third party add on? Please advise. Thanks, Shikhar have you tried using the data type (ntext) and format "text area" ? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, How do you format the "text area" to give a rich text functionality? Thanks for taking time to respond. Shikhar "A...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Can not get MS Money Premium to connect to internet after KB searc
I can not log into the Windows Live ID because Money will not connect to the internet. I am running Win XP SP2 on Tablet(Pro version) with IE 7 and have upgraded and reset ie7. I have gone through KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/ and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899935/ from Cal Learner's previous posts. However, these have not worked and I cannot get to use Windows Live ID since it will not connect. I also reinstalled Money again, but not available. Anyone have any ideas? I know this has been a running problem, but I want to use the Live ID process so my bank info wi...

Vanishing text boxes
I'm trying to copy, as pictures, a considerable number of charts from different sheets onto a consolidated sheet that I can then distribute without the large quantity of underlying data and calculations. All the charts were generated by the same VBA routine and each includes three text boxes. These are unavoidable. When I copy the charts as pictures one at a time by hand I've not met any problems. However, doing the copying within a VBA loop results in some of the copied charts appearing without their text boxes. Whenever this happens all three text boxes are missing, even though ...

Remove the word 'total' from subtotals
Hi I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as the field being subtotal How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal there Thanks Have you tried F2 and edit the cell contents to remove what you don't want? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:40:02 -0500, yahoo <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi > >I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function > >After excel subtotals it inserts the word '...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

can't receive email
I've been receiving email without a problem. Suddenly, when logging on, outlook shows that it's trying to receive the email, but after awhile I receive the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I can, however, retrieve the email from cox's webmail. Anyone got a clue? OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x8...

Where can download latest CRM 3 Outlook CD
Hi. May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. this link it is the latest one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en thank you Yes, the link you does point to the latest CRM 3 Outlook. Don't forgot to also install the Update Rollup 2 afterwards. You can find that by browsing to www.microsoft.com/downloads and entering "crm update rollup 2" in the box next to search all downloads. "Ng" wrote: > Hi. > > May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. &g...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...

Time Card Reports - Looking for an Improved One
can someone please share with me an improved Time Card Report? cfo@virtualmagic.net.nospam (please remove the NO spam) Thanks a lot J I forwarded this to John M. He made one that works better -- Elizabeth M. "ParkRanger" <bfgpaintball.com> wrote in message news:eNEc$aomEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > can someone please share with me an improved Time Card Report? > > cfo@virtualmagic.net.nospam (please remove the NO spam) > > Thanks a lot > > J > > Still waiting :( "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...