How can I set a cookbook using publisher?

I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help
0
churchlady (12)

churchlady wrote:
> I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can
> anyone help
================================
File / Page Setup / Booklet / Landscape / OK.

Automatically insert Pages? Yes.

For additional pages...go to...Insert / Page....
or type...Ctrl+Shift+N

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
3/12/2006 5:07:11 PM
Specifically what kind of help do you need? Have you decided on what you
wanted the end product to look like? The size, how it's going to be
assembled, etc.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/12/2006 5:11:24 PM
Here's recipe for you:

Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe

Italian Dessert

Ingredients:

1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs

1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks

2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar

1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract

Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast lightly.

Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly overlapping

layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.

Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.

Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until mixture

ribbon.

Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain

mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.

Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with

halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven

before serving.

Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
California.

Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97

Ciao, mia amico.

Donato

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
Don
3/12/2006 5:34:24 PM
Oh my! That sounds sooooooooooooooo good! I think my hips grew just reading
it!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> Here's recipe for you:
>
> Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe
>
> Italian Dessert
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs
>
> 1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks
>
> 2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar
>
> 1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract
>
> Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast
> lightly.
>
> Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly
> overlapping
>
> layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.
>
> Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.
>
> Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until mixture
>
> ribbon.
>
> Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain
>
> mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.
>
> Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with
>
> halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
>
> before serving.
>
> Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
> California.
>
> Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
>

> Ciao, mia amico.
>
> Donato
>

> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/12/2006 5:48:25 PM
From Arbuckle's Ariosa Coffee trading card circa 1886

Ingredients

  a.. 2 Rabbits
  b.. � lb. bacon
  c.. 1 tsp. ocean salt (heaping)
  d.. 7 cloves
  e.. 7 all-spice
  f.. 7 black peppers
  g.. 2 bay leaves
  h.. 1 c. red wine
  i.. 1 c. browned flour
Directions

Skin a pair of rabbits, and cut in small pieces, keeping the blood that is
found inside. Take a good-sized pot, cut the bacon in 1/2� squares and place
in the pot; let it brown nicely, and then put in the rabbit, add the salt,
cloves, all-spice, peppers and bay leaves. Let it boil for half an hour,
stirring often. Then add two cups of boiling water, one cup of red wine and
the blood from rabbit. Let it boil one and one-half hours more. Before
serving, add browned flour enough to thicken the sauce. Serves six.

"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> Here's recipe for you:
>
> Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe
>
> Italian Dessert
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs
>
> 1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks
>
> 2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar
>
> 1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract
>
> Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast
> lightly.
>
> Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly
> overlapping
>
> layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.
>
> Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.
>
> Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until mixture
>
> ribbon.
>
> Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain
>
> mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.
>
> Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with
>
> halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
>
> before serving.
>
> Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
> California.
>
> Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
>

> Ciao, mia amico.
>
> Donato
>

> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
Chuck
3/12/2006 6:01:26 PM
With apologies to the famous Mrs Beeton, you should first catch your
rabbits!

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
: From Arbuckle's Ariosa Coffee trading card circa 1886
:
: Ingredients
:
:  a.. 2 Rabbits
:  b.. � lb. bacon
:  c.. 1 tsp. ocean salt (heaping)
:  d.. 7 cloves
:  e.. 7 all-spice
:  f.. 7 black peppers
:  g.. 2 bay leaves
:  h.. 1 c. red wine
:  i.. 1 c. browned flour
: Directions
:
: Skin a pair of rabbits, and cut in small pieces, keeping the blood that is
: found inside. Take a good-sized pot, cut the bacon in 1/2" squares and
place
: in the pot; let it brown nicely, and then put in the rabbit, add the salt,
: cloves, all-spice, peppers and bay leaves. Let it boil for half an hour,
: stirring often. Then add two cups of boiling water, one cup of red wine
and
: the blood from rabbit. Let it boil one and one-half hours more. Before
: serving, add browned flour enough to thicken the sauce. Serves six.
:
:
:
: "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
: news:1218msp6m70ik87@corp.supernews.com...
: > Here's recipe for you:
: >
[...]

After determining what size you want your finished product to be, you need to
determine how you are going to bind your cookbook.  There are several options
out there and determining which one is best will depend on how many pages you
will end up with.  Most cookbooks I've printed for our local churches are 5.5
x 8.5 with a spiral binding.   If this what you wanting then after starting
publisher, go to page setup, select "booklet", put your size in and Publisher
will add 4 pages at a time when you choose the "add page" option as you are
entering your information.  Be sure to check with whoever will be publishing
your cookbook for their printing requirements.  Meaning if you are wanting
the printer to print from your file, you will need to find out if 1.) he has
your version of publisher , 2.) what fonts, etc. he has or will he need you
to bring your fonts.  There is a lot to do if you are planning on making
cookbooks to use say in a fund raiser for your church.  To be on the smart
side of planning...talk to a local printer before you go to alot of trouble
then find out you can't get your project printed.

--
I thought I was a bad girl, then I met Katrina...now that is one very bad
girl!

"churchlady" wrote:

> I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help
0
Suzee (6)
3/12/2006 9:15:02 PM
If everyone in our community would catch 2 rabbits a month. The coyotes once
kept the population under control, but they have moved on and the rabbit
population has exploded. 7:30 a.m. and there are at least 50 gathered around
the 14th hole.
"Oziebill" <oziebillREMXXXXXXXXXOVE@XXXXXYYYyahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> : > halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
> : >
> : > before serving.
> : >
> : > Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
> : > California.
> : >
> : > Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
> : >
> : >
> : > Ciao, mia amico.
> : >
> : > Donato
> : >
> : >
> : > "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : > news:9C42330E-D0A5-4AAF-AF90-61E33FDB2FDF@microsoft.com...
> : >>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
Chuck
3/12/2006 9:15:55 PM
The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher, choose
booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were upside down, some
were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose to be?

"Suzee" wrote:

> After determining what size you want your finished product to be, you need to
> determine how you are going to bind your cookbook.  There are several options
> out there and determining which one is best will depend on how many pages you
> will end up with.  Most cookbooks I've printed for our local churches are 5.5
> x 8.5 with a spiral binding.   If this what you wanting then after starting
> publisher, go to page setup, select "booklet", put your size in and Publisher
> will add 4 pages at a time when you choose the "add page" option as you are
> entering your information.  Be sure to check with whoever will be publishing
> your cookbook for their printing requirements.  Meaning if you are wanting
> the printer to print from your file, you will need to find out if 1.) he has
> your version of publisher , 2.) what fonts, etc. he has or will he need you
> to bring your fonts.  There is a lot to do if you are planning on making
> cookbooks to use say in a fund raiser for your church.  To be on the smart
> side of planning...talk to a local printer before you go to alot of trouble
> then find out you can't get your project printed.
>
> --
> I thought I was a bad girl, then I met Katrina...now that is one very bad
> girl!
>

> "churchlady" wrote:
>
> > I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help
0
churchlady (12)
3/12/2006 11:27:28 PM
churchlady <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher,
> choose booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were
> upside down, some were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose
> to be?

Nope.  If you reinsert the paper into your printer for printing the back
side properly, then they should all be the right way up.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
3/12/2006 11:33:48 PM
Something else to consider - talk to your printer and ask him how he'd like
it laid out. And, of course, if he accepts Publisher files. (Some won't.)

--

> The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher,
> choose
> booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were upside down,
> some
> were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose to be?
>
> "Suzee" wrote:
>
>> After determining what size you want your finished product to be, you
>> need to
>> determine how you are going to bind your cookbook.  There are several
>> options
>> out there and determining which one is best will depend on how many pages
>> you
>> will end up with.  Most cookbooks I've printed for our local churches are
>> 5.5
>> x 8.5 with a spiral binding.   If this what you wanting then after
>> starting
>> publisher, go to page setup, select "booklet", put your size in and
>> Publisher
>> will add 4 pages at a time when you choose the "add page" option as you
>> are
>> entering your information.  Be sure to check with whoever will be
>> publishing
>> your cookbook for their printing requirements.  Meaning if you are
>> wanting
>> the printer to print from your file, you will need to find out if 1.) he
>> has
>> your version of publisher , 2.) what fonts, etc. he has or will he need
>> you
>> to bring your fonts.  There is a lot to do if you are planning on making
>> cookbooks to use say in a fund raiser for your church.  To be on the
>> smart
>> side of planning...talk to a local printer before you go to alot of
>> trouble
>> then find out you can't get your project printed.
>>
>> --
>> I thought I was a bad girl, then I met Katrina...now that is one very bad
>> girl!
>>

>> "churchlady" wrote:
>>
>> > I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/12/2006 11:37:15 PM
El Robo's Secret PBS Sammich:

2 slices white bread
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of Mayo (preferably Miracle Whip)
1 slice of aged Swiss Cheese.

Assemble like any other sammich.

Best accompanied by glass of OJ.

:-)

"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
| Here's recipe for you:
|
| Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe
|
| Italian Dessert
|
| Ingredients:
|
| 1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs
|
| 1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks
|
| 2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar
|
| 1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract
|
| Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast
lightly.

| Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly
overlapping

| layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.
|
| Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.
|
| Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until mixture
|
| ribbon.
|
| Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain
|
| mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.
|
| Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with
|
| halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
|
| before serving.
|
| Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
| California.
|
| Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
|

| Ciao, mia amico.
|
| Donato
|

| "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/12/2006 11:49:44 PM
Pesky wabbits! Same here, except the coyotes are still around, but are
getting lazy by eatin' poodles and pekinese.

> [...]
| > : > halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
| > : >
| > : > before serving.
| > : >
| > : > Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
| > : > California.
| > : >
| > : > Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
| > : >
| > : >
| > : > Ciao, mia amico.
| > : >
| > : > Donato
| > : >
| > : >
| > : > "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > : > news:9C42330E-D0A5-4AAF-AF90-61E33FDB2FDF@microsoft.com...
| > : >>I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/12/2006 11:51:12 PM
i ran a copy off of the computer then put it in the copier 1:2 sided

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> churchlady <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher,
> > choose booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were
> > upside down, some were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose
> > to be?
>
> Nope.  If you reinsert the paper into your printer for printing the back
> side properly, then they should all be the right way up.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
churchlady (12)
3/12/2006 11:59:27 PM
The printing will be done free at a local bussiness. I have to bring in hard
copies.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Something else to consider - talk to your printer and ask him how he'd like
> it laid out. And, of course, if he accepts Publisher files. (Some won't.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher,
> > choose
> > booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were upside down,
> > some
> > were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose to be?
> >
> > "Suzee" wrote:
> >
> >> After determining what size you want your finished product to be, you
> >> need to
> >> determine how you are going to bind your cookbook.  There are several
> >> options
> >> out there and determining which one is best will depend on how many pages
> >> you
> >> will end up with.  Most cookbooks I've printed for our local churches are
> >> 5.5
> >> x 8.5 with a spiral binding.   If this what you wanting then after
> >> starting
> >> publisher, go to page setup, select "booklet", put your size in and
> >> Publisher
> >> will add 4 pages at a time when you choose the "add page" option as you
> >> are
> >> entering your information.  Be sure to check with whoever will be
> >> publishing
> >> your cookbook for their printing requirements.  Meaning if you are
> >> wanting
> >> the printer to print from your file, you will need to find out if 1.) he
> >> has
> >> your version of publisher , 2.) what fonts, etc. he has or will he need
> >> you
> >> to bring your fonts.  There is a lot to do if you are planning on making
> >> cookbooks to use say in a fund raiser for your church.  To be on the
> >> smart
> >> side of planning...talk to a local printer before you go to alot of
> >> trouble
> >> then find out you can't get your project printed.
> >>
> >> --
> >> I thought I was a bad girl, then I met Katrina...now that is one very bad
> >> girl!

0
churchlady (12)
3/13/2006 12:00:27 AM
What I would do is to create it as 8�" x 11" and let the printer shrink it
down 50%. Don't worry about booklet format - KISS it. Keep it simple, Silly.
:-)

--

> The printing will be done free at a local bussiness. I have to bring in
> hard
> copies.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Something else to consider - talk to your printer and ask him how he'd
>> like
>> it laid out. And, of course, if he accepts Publisher files. (Some won't.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The cookbook with be 5.5 x 8.5 with spiral binding. I used publisher,
>> > choose
>> > booklet two pages per page ran a test "run" some pages were upside
>> > down,
>> > some
>> > were right side up. Is that the way it is suppose to be?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/13/2006 12:13:49 AM
churchlady <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> i ran a copy off of the computer then put it in the copier 1:2 sided

In that case you need to check the options you're using on the copier.

I've found that if you rotate the inserted sheets through 90� and then set
the copier to duplex (onto landscape rather than portrait paper), then it
will sort the issue.  Alternatively, explore the menus of your copier
looking for tablet/booklet options for the duplexing.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
3/13/2006 12:15:11 AM
That's what I do...output to pdf and give the printer the CD...let  him
worry about pagination (which always drove me nuts anyway).

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| What I would do is to create it as 8�" x 11" and let the printer shrink it
| down 50%. Don't worry about booklet format - KISS it. Keep it simple,
Silly.
| :-)
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > The printing will be done free at a local bussiness. I have to bring in
| > hard
| > copies.
| >
| > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
| >
| >> Something else to consider - talk to your printer and ask him how he'd
| >> like
| >> it laid out. And, of course, if he accepts Publisher files. (Some
won't.)

| >> --
| >>
| >> JoAnn Paules
| >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| >>

| >> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/13/2006 4:35:37 AM
Rob, if you want the ultimate in peanut butter - check out this site
http://www.pbloco.com/
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> El Robo's Secret PBS Sammich:
>
> 2 slices white bread
> 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
> 1 tablespoon of Mayo (preferably Miracle Whip)
> 1 slice of aged Swiss Cheese.
>
> Assemble like any other sammich.
>
> Best accompanied by glass of OJ.
>
> :-)
>

> "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> | Here's recipe for you:
> |
> | Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe
> |
> | Italian Dessert
> |
> | Ingredients:
> |
> | 1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs
> |
> | 1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks
> |
> | 2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar
> |
> | 1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract
> |
> | Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast
> lightly.
> |
> | Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly
> overlapping
> |
> | layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.
> |
> | Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.
> |
> | Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until
> mixture
> |
> | ribbon.
> |
> | Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain
> |
> | mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.
> |
> | Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with
> |
> | halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
> |
> | before serving.
> |
> | Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
> | California.
> |
> | Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
> |

> | Ciao, mia amico.
> |
> | Donato
> |

> | "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | >I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

Wow..great site..thanks!

"Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com> wrote in message
| Rob, if you want the ultimate in peanut butter - check out this site
| http://www.pbloco.com/
| --
| Donna in Idaho
| Website: www.LinusIdaho.org
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
| > El Robo's Secret PBS Sammich:
| >
| > 2 slices white bread
| > 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
| > 1 tablespoon of Mayo (preferably Miracle Whip)
| > 1 slice of aged Swiss Cheese.
| >
| > Assemble like any other sammich.
| >
| > Best accompanied by glass of OJ.
| >
| > :-)
| >

| > "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
| > | Here's recipe for you:
| > |
| > | Drago's Italian Bread Pudding Recipe
| > |
| > | Italian Dessert
| > |
| > | Ingredients:
| > |
| > | 1 pk (1 lb) Italian pannattone bread 4 Eggs
| > |
| > | 1 c Nutella chocolate-hazelnut cream 3 Egg yolks
| > |
| > | 2 c Whipping cream 3/4 c Sugar
| > |
| > | 1 c Milk 4 ts Vanilla extract
| > |
| > | Directions: Cut panettone into 16 (1/3-inch-thick) slices and toast
| > lightly.
| > |
| > | Spread Nutella on toasted panettone. Arrange slices in slightly
| > overlapping
| > |
| > | layer in greased 13x9-inch ceramic baking dish.
| > |
| > | Bring whipping cream and milk to boil in saucepan.
| > |
| > | Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until
| > mixture
| > |
| > | ribbon.
| > |
| > | Remove milk mixture from heat and add to egg mixture. Mix well. Strain
| > |
| > | mixture and pour over bread slices in baking pan to cover.
| > |
| > | Bake bread pudding in water bath (place baking pan in larger pan with
| > |
| > | halfway up sides) at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven
| > |
| > | before serving.
| > |
| > | Source: Chef Celestino Drago of Drago's restaurant in Santa Monica,
| > | California.
| > |
| > | Found in the Culinary SOS column of the Los Angeles Times, 1/9/97
| > |
| > |
| > | Ciao, mia amico.
| > |
| > | Donato
| > |
| > |
| > | "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/13/2006 2:38:04 PM
Exactly  :-) I pay a $15 charge for them to read for the disk so I want my
money's worth.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> That's what I do...output to pdf and give the printer the CD...let  him
> worry about pagination (which always drove me nuts anyway).
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | What I would do is to create it as 8�" x 11" and let the printer shrink
> it
> | down 50%. Don't worry about booklet format - KISS it. Keep it simple,
> Silly.
> | :-)
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> |

> | "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > The printing will be done free at a local bussiness. I have to bring
> in
> | > hard
> | > copies.

> he'd
> won't.)

> publisher,

> you
> several
> many
> churches
> and
> as
> 1.)
> the
> of

> very

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/13/2006 9:24:38 PM
15 bucks? how come?

| Exactly  :-) I pay a $15 charge for them to read for the disk so I want my
| money's worth.
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
| > That's what I do...output to pdf and give the printer the CD...let  him
| > worry about pagination (which always drove me nuts anyway).
| >

| > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > | What I would do is to create it as 8�" x 11" and let the printer
shrink
| > it
| > | down 50%. Don't worry about booklet format - KISS it. Keep it simple,
| > Silly.
| > | :-)
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | JoAnn Paules
| > | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > in

| > he'd
| > won't.)

| > publisher,

| > you
| > several
| > many
| > churches
| > and
| > as
| > 1.)
| > the
| > of

| > very

| > |
| > |

0
webmaster911 (1600)
3/13/2006 11:33:55 PM
It's either $5 or $15. That's the fee they charge for reading from a disk
rather than a paper copy. The region was paying for it so I'm not too upset
about it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> 15 bucks? how come?
>

> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Exactly  :-) I pay a $15 charge for them to read for the disk so I want
> my
> | money's worth.
> |
> | --
> |
> | JoAnn Paules
> | MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> |

> | "Rob Giordano (Crash)" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
> message
> | > That's what I do...output to pdf and give the printer the CD...let
> him
> | > worry about pagination (which always drove me nuts anyway).
> | >

> | > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> shrink
> | > it
> simple,
> | > Silly.
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> bring
> | > in

> | > he'd
> | > won't.)

> message
> | > publisher,
> upside

> be,
> | > you
> | > several
> | > many
> | > churches
> after
> in
> | > and
> option
> | > as
> be
> are
> if
> | > 1.)
> will
> he
> on
> on
> | > the
> alot
> | > of

> one
> | > very

> help
> | > | >>

> | > |
> | > |

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/14/2006 1:05:33 AM
JoAnn,

One place charged me $20 to open a file and $1.50 to print it. That was
the last job he did for me. Not to mention I mention to everyone how he
rips people off.

$20 per click - that sounds like some e-mail get-rich-scam.

Mike

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> It's either $5 or $15. That's the fee they charge for reading from a disk
> rather than a paper copy. The region was paying for it so I'm not too upset
> about it.

0
wordwiz (948)
3/14/2006 2:15:36 AM
My printer does great work, does it quickly, and the final cost is
reasonable. I'm not going to argue if he build a little extra in for
himself. I had one job that was changed after the budget was set. We would
have been about $3000 over budget. He worked with me and we came up with a
do-able option that cost us about $400 more than budgeted. I'm not going to
fuss over $15.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> JoAnn,
>
> One place charged me $20 to open a file and $1.50 to print it. That was
> the last job he did for me. Not to mention I mention to everyone how he
> rips people off.
>
> $20 per click - that sounds like some e-mail get-rich-scam.
>
> Mike
>
> JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
>> It's either $5 or $15. That's the fee they charge for reading from a disk
>> rather than a paper copy. The region was paying for it so I'm not too
>> upset about it.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/14/2006 2:44:21 AM
JoAnn,

You missed the point. I work with several printers and they do a great
job, charge a fair amount for their work and do their best to cover me
when I make a stupid mistake. But I don't count charging $20 to open a
file in any of the above, especially since it was a pdf file. It would
have been far more palatable to have a charge of $20 to print the file
(an 11x17 inch poster) plus a service charge of $2.50 rather than a
$2.50 charge to print the poster and a $20 service charge to open the file.

That was six years ago. I have never asked him for another quote nor
suggested him to anyone.

Mike

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> My printer does great work, does it quickly, and the final cost is
> reasonable. I'm not going to argue if he build a little extra in for
> himself. I had one job that was changed after the budget was set. We would
> have been about $3000 over budget. He worked with me and we came up with a
> do-able option that cost us about $400 more than budgeted. I'm not going to
> fuss over $15.

0
wordwiz (948)
3/14/2006 3:10:35 AM
I created two family cookbooks in publisher. I used the whole page and
designed the layout myself. Then saved it and kept inserting blank pages as I
went in adding the recipes. I used the whole page as I adding family pictures
and stories. You might just have to play in drawing out the page as you want
in text boxes, allowing for the amount of edging around it you want. Search
online for cookbook printing services and get ideas of how you want your page
to look. It took me quite awhile to design my cover and recipe pages as how I
wanted the final look to be. After that it was easy. Always save a backup
copy as you go. And divide your book into groups as the files can sometimes
become very large (if your using graphics) and make it hard to open if you
don't have a lot of memory. Hope this helped. I'd be happy to email you a
page from mine to show you if you'd like.
Jeanne

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Specifically what kind of help do you need? Have you decided on what you
> wanted the end product to look like? The size, how it's going to be
> assembled, etc.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
Jeanne (35)
4/21/2006 4:17:03 PM
Translation: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!"     ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created two family cookbooks in publisher. I used the whole page and
> designed the layout myself. Then saved it and kept inserting blank pages
> as I
> went in adding the recipes. I used the whole page as I adding family
> pictures
> and stories. You might just have to play in drawing out the page as you
> want
> in text boxes, allowing for the amount of edging around it you want.
> online for cookbook printing services and get ideas of how you want your
> page
> to look. It took me quite awhile to design my cover and recipe pages as
> how I
> wanted the final look to be. After that it was easy. Always save a backup
> copy as you go. And divide your book into groups as the files can
> sometimes
> become very large (if your using graphics) and make it hard to open if you
> don't have a lot of memory. Hope this helped. I'd be happy to email you a
> page from mine to show you if you'd like.
> Jeanne
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Specifically what kind of help do you need? Have you decided on what you
>> wanted the end product to look like? The size, how it's going to be
>> assembled, etc.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I need help setting up a cookbook for my church can anyone help

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

using office mac on 2nd computer product codes #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi-I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (Home & Student Edition). It came with 3 product codes. I installed the 1st product code on a mac lap top and then installed the software on a 2nd lap top, which did not ask for product code. Now, I can't use the 1 computer if the other software is in use on the 2nd or vice versa. I tried to delete the software on 1st computer and reload hoping it would ask for new product code which it did not. How can i reload software and have it ask for different product code? ...

Using a 'string inside a string' test inside a formula
Hi, all. Thank you in advance for your help with this problem that has bugged me know for weeks. My problem is this: my company sells only four basic categories of items but, within each category, there can be as many as 15 variations. The product description codes in our database are cryptic and only a single digit in that long code identifies the basic category of each item. So, I have a spreadsheet with a list purchases that looks like this: Units Product Customer 5 XYZ_1_verA ABC Ltd. 3 XYZ_1_verB XYZ Inc. 19 ABC_2_verA LMN C...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Publisher 2000 will not import JPEG picture
I have several JPEG photos that I can import into Publisher 98 but refuse to import into Publisher 2000 (SP3) any ideas? I have tried converting the pictures to other formats but get the same results. Could be your filter(s) is/are corrupt. Look on your hard for a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt Rename the JPEGIM32.FLT to something else such as jpegim32.old, from your Publisher CD drag a new instance of this file into the same folder. If you think more than one filter is bad, remove all the filters and replace them from the CD. -- Mary Sa...

Creating hyperlinks between two publisher documents
Hi, I know that you can make hyperlinks to different sections within one publisher document, but does anyone know how to hyperlink to specific sections in one publisher document that would be accessed by clicking on the links from an additional publisher document? I know I can link from one document to another in general but I want to be able to link directly to specific sections within the target document. Is this possible? Using the insert html code fragment tool, insert an anchor on the target web page: <A NAME="READHERE"></A> Then write an absolute link or...

Primission / resticted access to files using the MS server
I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to my own files.., I think you can tell what I think about this product. Hello Ron Ron wrote: > I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to > paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been > using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to > my own fi...

I can not see add task in scheduled task in win server 2003
Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. I tried wth schtask and th result is this: It has prevented the user to create new tasks. I verified the permisions with cacls and all are rigth. Help! Thanks Fernando "Fernando Martinez" <FernandoMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE65D03C-E925-4FE6-9D02-DF0D3ECB0714@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. > I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. >...

getting message interface error and can't send or receive emails
If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook." I have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times. Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either. While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back. Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well. -- Kathleen...

Setting default zoom
Can I set up Word 2007 so that every document automatically opens with 100% zoom, or at least the same zoom the document had when last saved? For some reason, Word documents always open with reduced zoom, too small to read for an old bloke like me. If I could get the documents to open at 100% zoom it would save the need to change the zoom setting every time I open a document. -- Alan Neilsen Change the zoom setting - http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm or You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will set it to 100% zoom regardl...

how can i make furmulas for converting gram to microliter,thanks
please help me to find how i can convert gram to microliter What kind of Liquid are we dealing with !? Micky "aedrion" wrote: > please help me to find how i can convert gram to microliter Hi aedrion, There is no direct conversion - grams are units of mass (weight); microlitres are units of volume. If, of course, you know how many microlitres of a substance weighs 1 gram, then you can do the conversion for that substance. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "aedrion" <aedrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE712...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

Setting an integer to null
I have a check box on a form that shows YES or NO when displayed as a column in that forms view(s). I'd like it to show YES, but in the case of NO I'd like it to be null. I've tried using the OnChange event for that field and the OnSave event for the form to test if it is not 1 and if so set the DataValue = null. When I go back to the view it still says No. Any advice how to make this work? Hi Bob, Try the following script: if(crmForm.all.new_bittest.DataValue==false) { crmForm.all.new_bittest.DataValue=null; crmForm.all.new_bittest.ForceSubmit=true; } Replace new_bitte...

can't find registration library
Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money 2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library (dll). anyone aware of this problem? any fix to this problem? In microsoft.public.money, ljmalka wrote: >Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money >2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), >when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library >(dll). anyone awar...

How do I set zoom to default at 100%?
Do you see the big white space underneath the little white space where you typed your question? This is used to type in a longer message containing more details. The message appears in a space like the one you see this one in. I would suggest telling us what version of Publisher you are using, so we can help you further. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How can I apply rules on read email only?
I have an extenive list of mail sorts, but I would like them to run only after I have read my mail. I also have screening tools for deletes, and junk mail and presorts for mail that I don't reglarly read. In order to sort the read mail now, I have to manuallly got into rules and turn on the rules for one pass on the mail at the end ot the day to pick up the mail that I have read. It would be nice to be able to "turn on all rules now" or to have them automaically screen the read mail when I start up Outlook. Any workarounds for this? I am just a few months into using Outlo...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

Installing MS Publisher from Office XP Professional
How can I install MS Publisher. I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to find it anywhere on the setup CD. Thanks a lot in advance, Pete. StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I install MS Publisher. > I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to > find it anywhere on the setup CD. Whoever told you that told you wrong. Only a very select few copies of Office XP Pro came with Publisher, and it probably wasn't yours. Office Professional 2003 *does *come with Publisher...

How do I set up daily reminder with tasks?
I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone. I tried using tasks and it's rather cumbersome. I set it up to remind every day and then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box then it won't regenerate the next days task. Simply clicking DISMISS isn't enough. Is there a better way to do this? And once you check the task is complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time you end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDIC...

Publisher 2003 vs 2000
Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. -- Thanks for your help. Leonard wrote: || Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides || perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. || -- || Thanks for your help. Try downloading the new PCL driver just released 2 weeks ago for the hp1200 dtn: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=411181&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=411179&submit...

Can a user update his own information
I've played around with the permissions but cannot seem to give a user permission to update his own phone numbers, email, etc. in CRM. This doesn't seem like an IT function at all but we keep having to update this information for our CRM users. Please help. ...

set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?
how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Manually I don't think it's possible to set more than one sheet's print area at a time. Of course a macro can make this a lot quicker. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote in message news:BF8D4BDF-1787-4633-B5D0-AA6F2E4732AF@microsoft.com... | how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option without using VBA. Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on groupe...

Useful website
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01C37D48.8D545F20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable just have a look on my website. http://earnmoneytoday.0catch.com Thank you ------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01C37D48.8D545F20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859...

Average using Sumproduct or ....
I have 12 tabs (same worksheet) that I need to average a number in cell b6. The issue is sometimes there is a zero in b6 and I do not want to count it in the average. example: tab 1, b6=145, tab 2=276, tab 3=0, tab 4= 123, tab 5=0, and so on... What is a good formula? Try =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:12"))&"'!B6"),"<>0")) /SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("1:12"))&"'!B6"),"<>0 -- HTH Bob "heater" <...

Sort Problem using a button
I have several worksheets, that I need to sort. My idea was to put a button on what I call my 'input page' and sort each of these pages. But I get the error: "Run-Time Error 1004: The sort reference is not valid. Make sure that it's within the data you want to sort, and the first Sort by Box isn't the same or blank." Now on sheet 1 is where the button is. Information that is to be sorted is on sheet2, sheet3 sheet 4 and etc. Sort code is: Private Sub Sort1() ActiveSheet.Range("A2:D14").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2&quo...

Correlation
I have a table of data as below. There are more Customers, and more dates' worth of data, but they won't fit in this window. For a number of our customers, we change delivery routes during the week in order to optimize our shipping capacity. Basically, I am trying to see for each delivery route, on a given day, how many of the same customers are on the same route. In other words, when one customer changes from one route to another over a date range, do other customers switch to the same routes on the same days? Cust # Rt# 8/27/2005 8/29/2005 8/30/2005 8/31/2005 a 1069 ...