How can I put text in a circle using Publisher ?

Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ?  :  How can I put text in a
circle while using Publisher ?

If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with words, I often need
to have text in a circular or oval shape ........ surely this can be done
with Publisher.

Thanks for any expertise.
0
DixieWins (7)

DixieWins wrote:
> Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ?  :  How
> can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ?
>
> If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with
> words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval
> shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher.
>
> Thanks for any expertise.
=========================
What version of Publisher?

Try experimenting with WordArt.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
1/26/2005 12:06:09 AM
Publisher 2002

"John Inzer" wrote:

> DixieWins wrote:
> > Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ?  :  How
> > can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ?
> >
> > If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with
> > words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval
> > shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher.
> >
> > Thanks for any expertise.
> =========================
> What version of Publisher?
>
> Try experimenting with WordArt.
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> return e-mail disabled

0
DixieWins (7)
1/26/2005 7:39:03 AM
DixieWins wrote:
> Publisher 2002
=============================
OK...did you experiment with WordArt?
The "Insert WordArt" button is in your
left pane.

After selecting a style, you can choose
a circle from the "WordArt Shape" option
on the WordArt toolbar. (it has ABC on it)
Drag the handles to define the shape/size
of the circle.

Adjusting font style, font size and word
count should help you achieve the look
you require.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
1/26/2005 8:40:09 AM
WordArt could be used. WordArt 3.2 is more adaptable. The download is here, you use
it by insert, object, Microsoft WordArt 3.2.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
This is best done in any event in a drawing program. Expressions 3 is a free download
from Microsoft, it is a drawing program.
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher 2002
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> DixieWins wrote:
>> > Have looked everywhere for an answer to this ?  :  How
>> > can I put text in a circle while using Publisher ?
>> >
>> > If I want to surround a shape or piece of clipart with
>> > words, I often need to have text in a circular or oval
>> > shape ........ surely this can be done with Publisher.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any expertise.
>> =========================
>> What version of Publisher?
>>
>> Try experimenting with WordArt.
>>

>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>> return e-mail disabled

0
gsauer (5093)
1/26/2005 9:24:36 AM
Mary,

Is there any benefit for us Publisher 2000 users for this update?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> WordArt could be used. WordArt 3.2 is more adaptable. The download is
here, you use
> it by insert, object, Microsoft WordArt 3.2.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
> This is best done in any event in a drawing program. Expressions 3 is a
free download
> from Microsoft, it is a drawing program.
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Publisher 2002

> >> =========================
> >> What version of Publisher?
> >>
> >> Try experimenting with WordArt.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> John Inzer
> >> return e-mail disabled

The WordArt? It is the one you are using. It simply is not compatible with 2002 and
03, opening a 2000 document with WordArt was ugly.
Expressions is a good drawing program with a large learning curve. It is fun to work
with, it has a lot of nifty tools. The text fitting a curve is so easy, much easier
than Corel.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> Mary,
>
> Is there any benefit for us Publisher 2000 users for this update?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> WordArt could be used. WordArt 3.2 is more adaptable. The download is
> here, you use
>> it by insert, object, Microsoft WordArt 3.2.
>>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
>> This is best done in any event in a drawing program. Expressions 3 is a
> free download
>> from Microsoft, it is a drawing program.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Publisher 2002

0
gsauer (5093)
1/26/2005 7:38:53 PM
You sold me. I'll get it.

Thanks,

Don

> The WordArt? It is the one you are using. It simply is not compatible with
2002 and
> 03, opening a 2000 document with WordArt was ugly.
> Expressions is a good drawing program with a large learning curve. It is
fun to work
> with, it has a lot of nifty tools. The text fitting a curve is so easy,
much easier
> than Corel.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> >
> > Is there any benefit for us Publisher 2000 users for this update?
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> WordArt could be used. WordArt 3.2 is more adaptable. The download is
> > here, you use
> >> it by insert, object, Microsoft WordArt 3.2.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
> >> This is best done in any event in a drawing program. Expressions 3 is a
> > free download
> >> from Microsoft, it is a drawing program.
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

This is a great site, Don, for tutorials. Easy to follow.
http://www.studioe3.com/lessons/lesson1.htm

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> You sold me. I'll get it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> The WordArt? It is the one you are using. It simply is not compatible with
> 2002 and
>> 03, opening a 2000 document with WordArt was ugly.
>> Expressions is a good drawing program with a large learning curve. It is
> fun to work
>> with, it has a lot of nifty tools. The text fitting a curve is so easy,
> much easier
>> than Corel.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> >
>> > Is there any benefit for us Publisher 2000 users for this update?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > here, you use
>> >>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
>> > free download

0
gsauer (5093)
1/27/2005 10:44:14 AM
I take it that Studioe3 is a program?

BTW, I added the WordArt plugin(?) but all looks the same.  Does it work
behind the scenes?

--

> This is a great site, Don, for tutorials. Easy to follow.
> http://www.studioe3.com/lessons/lesson1.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> > You sold me. I'll get it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Don
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> The WordArt? It is the one you are using. It simply is not compatible
with
> > 2002 and
> >> 03, opening a 2000 document with WordArt was ugly.
> >> Expressions is a good drawing program with a large learning curve. It
is
> > fun to work
> >> with, it has a lot of nifty tools. The text fitting a curve is so easy,
> > much easier
> >> than Corel.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en

Actually it is Expression 3 and it is a program. A big download...57 megabytes. You
need a Passport password. Take a look at the gallery, click About Expression.
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
You already had WordArt 3.2, it is the standard WordArt that was included with
Publisher from the beginning. The Powers to be decided it needed updating when Office
XP came around.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I take it that Studioe3 is a program?
>
> BTW, I added the WordArt plugin(?) but all looks the same.  Does it work
> behind the scenes?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> This is a great site, Don, for tutorials. Easy to follow.
>> http://www.studioe3.com/lessons/lesson1.htm
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> > You sold me. I'll get it.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Don
>> >

>> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> with
>> > 2002 and
> is
>> > fun to work
>> > much easier

> is
>> >> >>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
> is a

0
gsauer (5093)
1/27/2005 5:50:31 PM
Do I need the WordArt pluggin if I am using Publisher 2002 ?  How does it
differ from the WordArt I currently use ?  Features ?

Many thanks

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Actually it is Expression 3 and it is a program. A big download...57 megabytes. You
> need a Passport password. Take a look at the gallery, click About Expression.
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
> You already had WordArt 3.2, it is the standard WordArt that was included with
> Publisher from the beginning. The Powers to be decided it needed updating when Office
> XP came around.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> >I take it that Studioe3 is a program?
> >
> > BTW, I added the WordArt plugin(?) but all looks the same.  Does it work
> > behind the scenes?
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> This is a great site, Don, for tutorials. Easy to follow.
> >> http://www.studioe3.com/lessons/lesson1.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message

> > with
> > is

> > is
> >> >> >>

> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
> > is a

0
DixieWins (7)
1/28/2005 1:27:02 AM
You don't need it, it is helpful to have if you have upgraded from earlier versions
of Publisher and open old publications.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Do I need the WordArt pluggin if I am using Publisher 2002 ?  How does it
> differ from the WordArt I currently use ?  Features ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Actually it is Expression 3 and it is a program. A big download...57 megabytes.
>> You
>> need a Passport password. Take a look at the gallery, click About Expression.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
>> You already had WordArt 3.2, it is the standard WordArt that was included with
>> Publisher from the beginning. The Powers to be decided it needed updating when
>> Office
>> XP came around.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> >I take it that Studioe3 is a program?
>> >
>> > BTW, I added the WordArt plugin(?) but all looks the same.  Does it work
>> > behind the scenes?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

>> > with
>> > is

>> > is
>> >> >> >>

>> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=wordart&productID=&DisplayLang=en
>> > is a

0
gsauer (5093)

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

outlook can't receive exe files

Create static text from cell reference

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...