how can i print certain booklet pages as seen on my screen?

I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to
correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT
as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is
different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good
for me.)

Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape,
copy/paste.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to
> correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT
> as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is
> different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good
> for me.)

0
gsauer (5093)
8/3/2005 10:12:20 PM
I have found the following freebie to be quite
useful for acquiring quick screen shots.

I have it set so all I have to do is:

1) Press...Print Screen...
2) Drag a box around the content I wish to save...
3) Press enter...
The screen shot is immediately saved as a .jpg
in a folder of my choice.

Gadwin PrintScreen
http://www.gadwin.com/download/

Then you could simply open the screenshot
in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and print it.

--

John Inzer

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as
> landscape, copy/paste.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0253EAFC-9AE9-4227-AC45-FE0B2B817203@microsoft.com...
>>I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet'
>> correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and
>> NOT
>> as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which
>> is
>> different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no
>> good
>> for me.)

0
oobie (2069)
8/4/2005 6:20:30 AM
I'm betting you already know this but
just in case....

When you go to...Print...you can choose
any single page or series of pages by
simply changing the "Pages" field.

If you want pages 4 and 5 for example...
just enter...from: 4 to: 5...

--

John Inzer

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>I have found the following freebie to be quite
> useful for acquiring quick screen shots.
>
> I have it set so all I have to do is:
>
> 1) Press...Print Screen...
> 2) Drag a box around the content I wish to save...
> 3) Press enter...
> The screen shot is immediately saved as a .jpg
> in a folder of my choice.
>
> Gadwin PrintScreen
> http://www.gadwin.com/download/
>
> Then you could simply open the screenshot
> in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and print it.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as
>> landscape, copy/paste.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:0253EAFC-9AE9-4227-AC45-FE0B2B817203@microsoft.com...
>>>I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet'
>>> correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen;
>>> and NOT
>>> as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which
>>> is
>>> different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no
>>> good
>>> for me.)

0
oobie (2069)
8/4/2005 6:26:28 AM
That doesn't work with a booklet if it is more than four pages. If you have, say, a
36 page booklet, page 24 is attached to page 13. You can print side by side if you
say "yes" but the pages will be opposite of what is on the screen.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)
8/4/2005 7:25:44 AM
Couldn't the OP just copy/rename the file and then change the page setup to
letter from booklet? That would eliminate the pagination.
--
Ron

> That doesn't work with a booklet if it is more than four pages. If you
> have, say, a 36 page booklet, page 24 is attached to page 13. You can
> print side by side if you say "yes" but the pages will be opposite of what
> is on the screen.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> I'm betting you already know this but
>> just in case....
>>
>> When you go to...Print...you can choose
>> any single page or series of pages by
>> simply changing the "Pages" field.
>>
>> If you want pages 4 and 5 for example...
>> just enter...from: 4 to: 5...
>>

>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>>

>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>>>I have found the following freebie to be quite
>>> useful for acquiring quick screen shots.
>>>
>>> I have it set so all I have to do is:
>>>
>>> 1) Press...Print Screen...
>>> 2) Drag a box around the content I wish to save...
>>> 3) Press enter...
>>> The screen shot is immediately saved as a .jpg
>>> in a folder of my choice.
>>>
>>> Gadwin PrintScreen
>>> http://www.gadwin.com/download/
>>>
>>> Then you could simply open the screenshot
>>> in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and print it.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> John Inzer
>>>

>>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
drc023
8/4/2005 8:00:18 AM
You could do that, but what happens you have 36 pages instead of 9 or whatever the
page count is divided by four. I would personally do it that way, especially for
proofing, you have all that lovely space for written comments. Snagit is good too, or
print screen.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> Couldn't the OP just copy/rename the file and then change the page setup to letter
> from booklet? That would eliminate the pagination.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> That doesn't work with a booklet if it is more than four pages. If you have, say,
>> a 36 page booklet, page 24 is attached to page 13. You can print side by side if
>> you say "yes" but the pages will be opposite of what is on the screen.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>>> I'm betting you already know this but
>>> just in case....
>>>
>>> When you go to...Print...you can choose
>>> any single page or series of pages by
>>> simply changing the "Pages" field.
>>>
>>> If you want pages 4 and 5 for example...
>>> just enter...from: 4 to: 5...
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> John Inzer
>>>

>>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)
8/4/2005 9:13:19 AM
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Very grateful - you have made my day!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape,
> copy/paste.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to
> > correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT
> > as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is
> > different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good
> > for me.)

Hey, you are welcome, thanks for posting back. It is appreciated...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Very grateful - you have made my day!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape,
>> copy/paste.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to
>> > correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT
>> > as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is
>> > different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good
>> > for me.)

0
gsauer (5093)
8/4/2005 3:24:04 PM
"Mary Sauer" wrote:
> That doesn't work with a booklet if it is more than four pages.
Ooops! Sorry about that  :o)

--

John Inzer
0

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

Re-print SVC RTV Packing Slips
Please add to the Reports Menu the ability to Reprint a RTV packing slip. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=107decaa-6e0a-4bc...

outlook can't receive exe files

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Exclude Certain Recipients from Read Receipt
Windows XP Office XP I have a read receipt requested automatically to every email message I send on my business email. I have several contacts from whom I do not want to request a read receipt. Is there a VBA code or something that will request a read receipt to every email message except those addresses which I specify. You can use rules to request receipts and exceptions to the rule for those that don't need them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other S...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...