The file is saved in Publisher 2000 v6 and I am trying to open it with
Publisher 2000 v9.  can this be done?

Hi LaTrice (LaTrice @discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| The file is saved in Publisher 2000 v6 and I am trying to open it
|| with Publisher 2000 v9.  can this be done?

No. There is no such thing as Publisher 2000 v9, nor is there a version 9 of
Publisher, yet.

Verify the version of Publisher that you have, and also verify the version
of Publisher that you received the file from then post back.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
12/1/2004 4:22:02 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com>.
On it is written:
> No. There is no such thing as Publisher 2000 v9, nor is there a
> version 9 of Publisher, yet.

Publisher 2003 was Publisher 11, according to Microsoft
This means that, working backwards, Publisher 2000 was, like the rest of
Office 2000, version 9.  Or so you'd think.
IIRC, Publisher 2000 claimed in the Help > About dialogs to be v9.  However,
it was only the 6th version of Publisher to be released. (1, 2, 3 for 95,
97, 98, 2000)

Anyway, LaTrice, how do you know the documents were created in Publisher
2000?  Did you just look at File > Properties, or within the file, or did
the person who sent you the file tell you the version they used?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/1/2004 11:15:14 PM
Ed Bennett wrote:
> While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
> message from Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com>.
> On it is written:
>> No. There is no such thing as Publisher 2000 v9, nor is there a
>> version 9 of Publisher, yet.
>
> Publisher 2003 was Publisher 11, according to Microsoft
> This means that, working backwards, Publisher 2000 was, like the rest
> of Office 2000, version 9.  Or so you'd think.
> IIRC, Publisher 2000 claimed in the Help > About dialogs to be v9.
> However, it was only the 6th version of Publisher to be released. (1,
> 2, 3 for 95, 97, 98, 2000)
>
> Anyway, LaTrice, how do you know the documents were created in
> Publisher 2000?  Did you just look at File > Properties, or within
> the file, or did the person who sent you the file tell you the
> version they used?

Publisher 11 is the INTERNAL and Marketing name and is listed on the About
dialog, but it is not the version number as you know. They only changed the
version numbers to put the entire office versions inline. Publisher 2003 is
really version 8, Publisher 2002 is version 7 and Publisher 2000 is version
6.

Publisher 2000 doesn't say v9 in the help. It doesn't have the version
numbering at all in fact. But during the beta, it was called version 6. They
refered to Pub6.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
ic (207)
12/1/2004 11:30:43 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <ic@ntellu.com>. On it is
written:
> Publisher 11 is the INTERNAL and Marketing name and is listed on the
> About dialog, but it is not the version number as you know. They only
> changed the version numbers to put the entire office versions inline.
> Publisher 2003 is really version 8, Publisher 2002 is version 7 and
> Publisher 2000 is version 6.

I would tend to believe that seeing as it's Microsoft's product, we accept
whatever version number Microsoft throws at us :-)
If you look at the properties of the EXE file, it is version 11.0 - although
it is the 8th version of Publisher released, it is Version 11 :-D

> Publisher 2000 doesn't say v9 in the help. It doesn't have the version
> numbering at all in fact. But during the beta, it was called version
> 6. They refered to Pub6.

I wasn't on the Pub2000 beta, so I wouldn't know this.  Out of interest,
what is the number on the EXE file?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

MS Money 95 data files

Crash on 'Send"

Planned Open Market Days

"Save" preferences getting lost