how can i get thumbnails?

i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like text
at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to make up
of items i have in stock.

thanks in advance

My first thought was "Visit a manicurist."  :-)

I assume you are talking about a website. I'd suggest posting your question
in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I'd like to be able to answer your
question but I use FrontPage and I created my thumbnails in another program.
Sorry.

Just remember that Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can save a
file as a website. It is not a full-fledged web design program.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"calais_power" <calais_power@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like
>text
> at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to make
> up
> of items i have in stock.
>
> thanks in advance

0
jl_amerson (3088)
2/23/2005 3:46:33 AM
no its not for a website, i want to be able to print it and distribute it.

thanks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> My first thought was "Visit a manicurist."  :-)
>
> I assume you are talking about a website. I'd suggest posting your question
> in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I'd like to be able to answer your
> question but I use FrontPage and I created my thumbnails in another program.
> Sorry.
>
> Just remember that Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can save a
> file as a website. It is not a full-fledged web design program.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "calais_power" <calais_power@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like
> >text
> > at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to make
> > up
> > of items i have in stock.
> >
> > thanks in advance

calais_power <calais_power@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would
> like text at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i
> want to make up of items i have in stock.

Do you want text to go with the thumbnails?

If you set the layout guides so that they mark out the area you want the
pictures in, then add your text above and below the top and bottom layout
guides respectively, then the Catalog Merge will fill the space you mark out
rather than the entire page.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/23/2005 7:55:13 AM
Then all you really need are small photos? Use your favorite photo editing
program.

--

> no its not for a website, i want to be able to print it and distribute it.
>
> thanks
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> My first thought was "Visit a manicurist."  :-)
>>
>> I assume you are talking about a website. I'd suggest posting your
>> question
>> in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I'd like to be able to answer
>> your
>> question but I use FrontPage and I created my thumbnails in another
>> program.
>> Sorry.
>>
>> Just remember that Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can
>> save a
>> file as a website. It is not a full-fledged web design program.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "calais_power" <calais_power@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like
>> >text
>> > at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to
>> > make
>> > up
>> > of items i have in stock.
>> >
>> > thanks in advance

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Getting Solid Black Boxes with Boarders on Text Boxes
Help! We just installed Publisher 2002, running on XP. When I pulled up a document that printed fine prior to the new version of Publisher being installed, the text box that I have with a border line around it looks fine until I print it out...then the box totally fills in with black. Is this a Publisher problem or a printer problem? How do I remedy this? Any suggestions?? Thanks Strange. This will be caused by a printer driver issue. Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and download and install the latest version printer driver for your model. -- The US should free al...

can not receive mail from outlook
My outlook suddenly did not receive mail form exchange server. I receive mails from outside but the outlook can get it. I can send mail normally. I think the problem in my inbox which does not synchronize with the exchange server. Please what can i do ...

Can't see cash flow. Asks for a spending account.
And I can't find what is a spending account. I have savings, cheque, credit and cash account but no one seems to be the one required. What is a spending account? ...

doing save as and get message that it cant find file
I create a spreadsheet in Office 2007 and want to save it to a server on the network. I do Save As and point to server location and error message comes back saying "The file cannot be found". Only option is OK and then message pops up saing that Document was not saved. I am able to do the same operation using Office 2003. ...

Outlook 2002
One of my remote location users is experiencing a problem with Outlook 2002. While he's our most pc illiterate user - he's also the boss:) He is reporting that he can not send emails in Outlook, I had him do a Test Account Settings and he received the following error: Sending mail: "Specified server found but no response from the server" Any suggestions, help or tips? Thanks! Same problem here with Outlook 2003 and my ISP is Yahoo been waiting since 6/28 for them to reply to my query. Good luck!. >-----Original Message----- >One of my remote location users is...

How can music clips be put in a cell?
Im doing a project on excel and i dont know how to put music clips in to a certian cel so i can use it for my project. please help if you can!!!! insert / object / create from file ...

why i can't see menu bar?
Thank you why I can't see menu bar in office 2007 specially (Access 2007) Because there isn't one? Office 2007 uses a ribbon rather than menus. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e1KbIk0LIHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Thank you > why I can't see menu bar in office 2007 specially (Access 2007) > > ...

Can't see inline image with Microsoft Outlook.
Hi, I am sending html message having embedded image in it, When I receive it using Outlook Express it shows me message properly with image, but if I use MS Outlook then I can't see image :( I am adding image as Inline in message. Here is my header for same: Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=ms_logo.gif Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; filename=ms_logo.gif Content-ID: ms_logo.gif Am I doing anything wrong? I have tried by removing Content-Disposition header. But no use :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shilpa ...

How can I keep my bar charts formatting when data is refreshed?
Hi all, I am running Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet with a database query from a Navision database. From the data I have created a bar chart on a seperate sheet and whenever the data refreshes the chart loses it's formatting. Any ideas of how I can retain the formatting? Many thanks in advance for your help. Have you tried using an intermediate data set that references your input data and plot the intermediate data set? "Richard Thorneycroft (Husky Products)" wrote: > Hi all, > > I am running Excel 2002. > > I have a spreadsheet with a database query...

2 FONT Color menu boxes that can display 2 different colors independently
Hi I need help with a code that can allow 2 FONT Color menu boxes in the toolbar that can allow me to display 2 different colors at one time independently. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements AFAIK, you can't have independent font colour buttons. You could record the steps as you apply font colour to a cell, then assi...

Can't Paste
I want to insert some pages from a book in a PowerPoint presentation. Because the contain graphics, tables, charts, and images, 'regular paste' does not work. Usually, I 'paste special' and paste grouped objects as an enhanced metafile and it works like a charm. However, my clipboard is giving me trouble this morning and I keep getting 'busy' messages which is a problem in itself... Anyway, I'm trying to use the handy 'save as picture' feature in Pub2003. I am trying to save a group of objects as a picture in Publisher 2003. I can save them as a JPEG...

How can I insert a period into exsisting cells?
Hello, Is it possible to insert a period into the middle of a string of numbers? I have 800 numbers I need to change in A1 to A801. Can I do this without having to retype the entire column? Here's an example: I need to change 26150G to 26.150G Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You JM What's the rule where to insert it, will it always be inserted after the 2 character like in 23.150G or what would the rule be? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2F50AE-CA95-4C24-A191-CAF7D...

Can't open certain emails
Hi, Help. I am a computer illiterate and ma having problems opening only certain attachments to emails. The error message comes us saying "OE has removed this unsafe attachment". I know this means that it is protecting me from a virus. Does it mean that the virus is in the attachment or the system from which it came? In other words, is it attachment specific or system specific? It's odd because I seem to get all the junk, but word documents such as meeting minutes and agendas from a city meeting won't open. Is there a way to remove this option? Or am I stuck with ...

Can't open MS Office Outlook 2007
Please help, when I try to open my email I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window." Another message stated "Cannot open your default email folders the file C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be opened ...

lost a Publisher 2002 file! How can I restore?
Not sure how it happened, but I got an error message when opening my Publisher document. NOW, although it's visible on my desktop, I can't open it. I'm still getting the same error message -yikes! How do I restore? Error message continues to say..."Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Linda what happens if you try and open another Publisher file? What version of Windows are you using? What is the full error message. Normally you can click on details and copy and paste the details into a message h...

in rules how can i copy info to another rule?
i want to copy info that i trped to a different rule with the same info You can make a copy of the rule and edit copy. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/rules.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? http://forums...

My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it. Later when I attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the desktop. Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before. What kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!! -- David See the "How to obtain help" section of htt...

Buy 2 get 1 50%?
Hello everyone Just a quick question: I am trying to set up discounts in RMS... I would like to use the Mix and Match feature, but I need to do a percentage discount on the item as opposed to a fixed cost discount(last I tried RMS did not allow the % character in it's string value). I need to have items automatically get discounted as they are added to the line, so don't want to Shift-F3 if I can avoid it. Thanks. The only way to do this would to use a custom discout addon. Below is one of the ones that are available. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/Mix&M...

Get rid of horizontal scrollbar in listbox
Hi all. Does anyone know how to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in a listbox. I tried changing the width and it didnt work. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Make it wider? I changed the columnwidths property to blank and it got rid of the horizontal scrollbar in my userform example. (I could play around and make the columnwidths property a little less than the width, too. (Is this on a userform?) Marcie wrote: > > Hi all. Doe...

I get a "Disk full" message,what disk?
I am not using a disk but an excel program created by someone else and given to me by e-mail. "Deputydog" <Deputydog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DEFAA-0B68-46ED-9D9B-6A5A71302633@microsoft.com... >I am not using a disk Well you must be, unless you are using Excel on a mobile phone.... >but an excel program created by someone else and given > to me by e-mail. You mean an Excel WORKBOOK, not a "program". So what are you doing when this message comes up? Yes, It is a workbook. I had entered all the info, alt 4 , save, and the ...

I cant open a link in a e mail keep getting a message restrictins
Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in place please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps comming up with that message Gordon "Gorgie boy" <Gorgie boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBBC044D-D5B0-436E-96AC-C8D0ABAD4319@microsoft.com... > Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in > place > please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps > comming > up with that message See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_rest...

Combo box and can it feed two separate control sources
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields, description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e.description and price to two feilds on my form so when it puts the description into (lets call it field one) I want the price to go into a second field (lets call it field two) simultaneously. I appologise if some of you have seen this question already I did receive an e mail telling me I had a reply, on following the link on the mail though it just came up with a blank page a...

Can someone give me a shortcut to download publisher 2003 as im n.
new at this and i want to make up some business cards, or what is the best download for this. cheers blondie74 wrote: > new at this and i want to make up some business cards, or what is the best > download for this. cheers Microsoft doesn't offer a Microsoft Publisher 2003 download (unless you are an MSDN Subscriber or similar). You can buy Publisher 2003 at the following link, or visit your local Best Buy/Comp USA. http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=5771d748-0aa7-4955-88e9-7ac0fec940df&type=ovr -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP ...

How can I reactive the Hide option on the Format menu??
The Hide/Unhide option on the Format menu is unactive, I need to reactive it. Thanks Hi, Maybe the worksheet is protected, try Tools|Protection - Unprotect sheet You may be prompted for a password -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Kharas" wrote: > The Hide/Unhide option on the Format menu is unactive, I need to reactive it. > Thanks ...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots? #2
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time a company TV commercial is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls (we run several different spots per day). I assume I will see clusters of calls around specific commercials. I am entering the times in this format: "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks. -J See your other post on this subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, P...