How can I format phone numbers in Publisher?

My data was entered in Access using an input mask.  When merged in Publisher,
the mask is not preserved.  (___)___-____ is the mask. The data comes out
like: 0000000000
0
xrayjohn (1)

From article :

"xrayjohn" <xrayjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My data was entered in Access using an input mask.  When merged in
> Publisher,
> the mask is not preserved.  (___)___-____ is the mask. The data comes out
> like: 0000000000

0
debbiery (2)
1/11/2005 7:30:31 PM
From article 212702 PUB2000: Date and Number Formats Change During Mail
Merge
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=212702:

Most programs that create databases and spreadsheets have a feature
to save as a delimited text file. If you export a database or
spreadsheet as a text file, the text file contains the result of the
input masks, not the raw data.

"xrayjohn" <xrayjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My data was entered in Access using an input mask.  When merged in
> Publisher,
> the mask is not preserved.  (___)___-____ is the mask. The data comes out
> like: 0000000000

0
debbiery (2)

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Conditional Formatting for a certain month
Having a bit of an issue at the moment, ive got the Cell for instance A1 Which contains 04-Jan-06 Basically Im after some conditional formatting to say if the month is January, then make the cell blue. Which will then lead to me making the other cells different colours depending on their month, but again, it has to be in this format (DD-MM-YY) Thanks for any help, muchly apreciated Assuming a properly formatted date, formula is =if(month(a1)=1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Advo" <max_mischief@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1158151582....

Rich Text control formatted as bold??
I have a control field on my form that is setup as textformat = rich text. In the memo field on the form I need specific parts of the text to show up as bold. Upon form load I am populating the field with string data such as: Me.MyTextBox = "This is a test string generation." I need to set bold only one or two words of this string. The way I understood it was that if I was using Rich Text format it would convert the formatting to HTML style. But I don't see and havent found examples HTML formatting like [b] [/b] working in VBA. What is the correct way I can do t...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

Auto-generate number
Hi, Has anyone tried creating a auto-incrementing number field in Contact? Should this field be stored in a separate database from the CRM database? Is this actually possible? To link a field in Contact to a external database. cheers. CW When would you want it to increment? "CW" <chuanwee72@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1e29201c454ec$52ba90b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Has anyone tried creating a auto-incrementing number > field in Contact? > > Should this field be stored in a separate database from > the CRM database? > Is this actually p...

Summing sets of numbers but with special conditions
Hi - I need a formula to do the following. I have 2 columns of six numbers - for example: A B 1 75 70 2 83 69 3 80 72 4 84 67 5 95 83 6 93 80 The formula needs to do the following: 1. Find the lowest number in column A (75 in row 1 in the above example) 2. Discard the number in corresponding cell in column B (70 in cell B1) 3. From the remaining numbers in column B, discard the highest (83 in cell B5) 4. Add together the remaining 4 numbers in column B (69, 72, 67, 80) and add this result to the number found in step 1 (75) to give a total (363) Any ideas/pointers most w...

Sorting numbers with multiple decimal points?
Hi - I'm sure this is covered in some docs somewhere, but it's hard to know what to search for. I have a spreadsheet (using Excel 2003 SP1) in which I have a number of rows that have an "ID" field taking the format "X.X.X.X" where X is a number from 0 to 100. Like this: 1.1.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.4 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.0.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.2 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.3 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.5 blah blah rest of ...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage and just Save as Webpage and then upload to my server. Now that I have XP and Publisher 2003 I don't see the Save as Webpage, only Publish to Web. Have tried this and it doesn't open after it has been uploaded the way it did before and it takes longer to upload than 2000 did. Probably doing something wrong and just wanted to see if someone else has had this problem or what I'm doing wrong. Have a good day. Jim Jim wrote: > I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage > a...

What is the basic format of a Access VBA module
Hello, I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question is asked before. Anyway, I came across somewhere that I have read before that before I exit an Access VBA module, I am supposed to clear the database or do something to free the database is it? May I know how it is done and why should I be doing that? Thanks! <azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177681396.512608.194140@b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question > is asked before. > Anyway, I came across somewhere...

Sorting rows out of order after all rows are numbered in sequence
Data is in 4 columns with Headers described below: Col A - Line# (rows are numbered in original order in worksheet) Col B - Acct# (property number) Col C - Category (code for the type of information in the rows ie: E, V, X, T) Col D - Label (description of the data or values in the row) There is one row of Expenses (all begin with "LOE - ") that is numbered out of sequence from the other "LOE -" items. I need to Move it up with the other "LOE -" items and if possible Re-sort all the "LOE -" items BUT only the "LOE -" rows within e...

Question about Web Publishing Wizard
I'd like to ask about an old program called "Web Publishing Wizard". It works great when uploading website material to my server, with newer versions of my files overwriting the older ones. I want to know if there is a way to use WPW to delete all of the files previously uploaded, so that my space on the server is empty. Anyone know? ...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

Publishing 06-14-04
Dear, I have a problem with MS CRM 1.2 1) I can not publish nor export my customization. When I click publish or export in the Schema Manager, the software seems not to respond. 2) I am receiving an exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException in Microsoft.CRM.Tools.WorflowManager.exe. It is important to note that I am using a virtual image where VS 2003 and MS CRM 1.2 is installed. Thanks for the help. ...

Where is the strikethrough in Publisher 2000, 2003, 2007???
I have tried several versions of Publisher and none have strikethrough as an available style of font. I hate to say it but my end users are not savvy enough to want or are able to draw a line down the middle of every sentence of a paragraph. Why has this been an oversight in publisher for so long? Microsoft PLEASE give me strikethrough in publisher! Is it there and just hidden? On a side note, anyone know of any strikethrough fonts that I could use in publisher? Know how to make one? There is no strikethrough option in Publisher. We just draw a line where we want it and group it ...

Does Microsoft provide a reader/viewer for Publisher?
I am using Publisher 2003. I have created business cards for some of my sales representatives. I would like to email them a copy for them to view. I would also like for them to be able to print the cards from the viewer. Is there a viewer and if so, can one print from a viewer? "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF92A0BF-6227-4E4F-927C-D789E9030C43@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2003. I have created business cards for some of my >sales > representatives. I would like to email them a copy for them to view. I > would > a...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

Clear Format problem
I am trying to write a macro to clear ALL format in a range of cell. However, I run into a problem. I am using the Selection.ClearFormats command and it works in most cases, but fails when multiple format are applied to the cell. For example if a cell only contains "Hello wonderful world" all in bold than ClearFormats will remove the bold formatting. But if the cell contains "Hello wonderful world" where only "wonderful" is in bold, than ClearFormats does not work and the word "wonderful" remains in bold. Does anyone know how to clea...

Formatting doesn't follow data sort
I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason? -- kanimalhouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kanimalhouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Product Key Publisher 2000
Hi Can anybody help? I have been using Microsoft Publisher 2000 sucessfully for several years, purchased legitimately. Unfortunately, due to a silly error I made I had to do a "restore" of my hard drive, losing several programs as a result. I have been able to recover all these lost programs except Publisher. I have my original disk but have lost the Product Key which is a 25 digit combination of letters/numbers.I have tried Microsoft but they are unable to help. The letters "SR-1 are printed on the disk. Any help would be much appreciated. john eastley Unfortunately the tools...

Blocked features in Publisher '07 Free Trial?
I am trying to begin a booklet project with the free trial, but it appears certain functionalities are "grayed out" and unavailable to me in the menus. Can anyone direct me to a list of what features are unavailable in the trial version? Thanks in advance. -- -Ali There shouldn't be any features unavailable. Try setting up the booklet through the advanced page setup. File, Page setup, Advanced on the right. What features are unavailable to you? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ali" <ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...