How can I create a template equivalent to the Avery CD label one in Publisher 2007?

Hi,

In Publisher 2007 the Avery CV label template has a circle marked out that I
cannot interact with in any way.
What is that circle and how can I create my own for my own templates?
Similarly the jewel case insert template has rectangles that I can't
interact with.

Thanks

Jim

0
Yaytay

Arrange, Layout Guides, Left & Right 1.938" Top and Bottom .688"
Grid Guides, 2 rows, .375" spacing.

Create two circles --- 4.625"
Create two intercircles ---1.625"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Yaytay" <PleaseReply@Newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Publisher 2007 the Avery CV label template has a circle marked out that I
> cannot interact with in any way.
> What is that circle and how can I create my own for my own templates?
> Similarly the jewel case insert template has rectangles that I can't interact
> with.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/10/2008 8:58:13 PM
That's not the same.

The point is that the supplied template has a circle that cannot be
interacted with.
If I make a template with a circle it's just a circle, and I can change it.

Is there some way to lock the shape so that it cannot be modified?

Thanks

Jim

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Arrange, Layout Guides, Left & Right 1.938" Top and Bottom .688"
> Grid Guides, 2 rows, .375" spacing.
>
> Create two circles --- 4.625"
> Create two intercircles ---1.625"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Yaytay" <PleaseReply@Newsgroup> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Publisher 2007 the Avery CV label template has a circle marked out
>> that I cannot interact with in any way.
>> What is that circle and how can I create my own for my own templates?
>> Similarly the jewel case insert template has rectangles that I can't
>> interact with.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim

0
Yaytay
4/11/2008 4:36:02 PM
Put it on the Master page.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> That's not the same.
>
> The point is that the supplied template has a circle that cannot be interacted
> with.
> If I make a template with a circle it's just a circle, and I can change it.
>
> Is there some way to lock the shape so that it cannot be modified?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Arrange, Layout Guides, Left & Right 1.938" Top and Bottom .688"
>> Grid Guides, 2 rows, .375" spacing.
>>
>> Create two circles --- 4.625"
>> Create two intercircles ---1.625"
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Yaytay" <PleaseReply@Newsgroup> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In Publisher 2007 the Avery CV label template has a circle marked out that I
>>> cannot interact with in any way.
>>> What is that circle and how can I create my own for my own templates?
>>> Similarly the jewel case insert template has rectangles that I can't
>>> interact with.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jim

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/11/2008 5:02:29 PM
That's still not the same.
If I put the shape on the master page I can go to the master page (from the
document based on the template) and edit it.
But the master page for documents based on the shipping labels template is
blank - there is no editable circle there.

I'm not trying to work out how I can produce a template that will work, I'm
trying to work out exactly how they've got that shape to be completely
non-editable.

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Yaytay" <PleaseReply@Newsgroup> wrote in message

0
Yaytay
4/11/2008 7:19:18 PM
Hello Yaytay, It is hard coded.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> That's still not the same.
> If I put the shape on the master page I can go to the master page (from the
> document based on the template) and edit it.
> But the master page for documents based on the shipping labels template is
> blank - there is no editable circle there.
>
> I'm not trying to work out how I can produce a template that will work, I'm
> trying to work out exactly how they've got that shape to be completely
> non-editable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Put it on the Master page.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Yaytay" <PleaseReply@Newsgroup> wrote in message
>>> That's not the same.
>>>
>>> The point is that the supplied template has a circle that cannot be
>>> interacted with.
>>> If I make a template with a circle it's just a circle, and I can change it.
>>>
>>> Is there some way to lock the shape so that it cannot be modified?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

can't customize toolbar

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

adding name /creating field/query?

Creating new attributes

Grammar check not working

Can anyone help ?

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Exchange 2007 across account search

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...