How can I change the default paper size of a blank publication?

Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and measurements
at setup.  This allowed for European A4 to be the paper for the basic blank
publication as opposed to US Letter.  Is it possible to make this selection
with PUblisher 2003.  If so how?
0
Paramount (1)

Do you have these settings available through your printer? If so set it up first,
Publisher will follow along. You can change the page measurements to centimeters in
Options, found under tools.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Paramount" <Paramount@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and measurements
> at setup.  This allowed for European A4 to be the paper for the basic blank
> publication as opposed to US Letter.  Is it possible to make this selection
> with PUblisher 2003.  If so how?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/15/2004 10:56:01 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Paramount <Paramount@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is
written:
> Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and
> measurements at setup.  This allowed for European A4 to be the paper
> for the basic blank publication as opposed to US Letter.  Is it
> possible to make this selection with PUblisher 2003.  If so how?

Publisher pulls this information from your printer driver.  Select your
default printer in Start > Printers and Faxes, go to Properties, and change
the default paper size to International Standard A4.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Can't find where to change view!
I have Outlook 2002 all fully patched both on my Desktop and on my Laptop. When I view a particular message on my desktop version, it views in HTML. When I view the SAME message in Outlook on the laptop, it's just plain text. I can't for the life of me, find the option in Outlook on the laptop to change that! (It's probably SO obvious I just haven't seen it!) Thanks -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Do you have the Slovak Attachment Options add-in installed on the laptop? If so, check to see if the "Re...

Dashboard Reporting
Hi, I recently tried to create a 'dashboard' style report by using the camera tool to take pictures of my graphs on different worksheets, and presenting them together on the first worksheet. You can see samples of this type of report at www.exceluser.com Everything looks good until I try to print preview, at which point graphic elements on the chart, and the plot area, totally resize. This makes the chart unreadable. Both the camera picture of the chart (on sheet 1) and the original chart (on sheet 3) are affected. Does anybody know why this happens, or how to prevent it happenin...

Unsolvable cell naming question: Can anyone beat this one?
I am trying to copy and paste named cells from one workbook to another without having the first workbook file name attach to the named cells. For example, I am copying a cell named XYZ from file One.xls to file Two.xls. I need to have cell XYZ NOT say One.xls!XYZ when it is entered into Two.xls. Also, how can I get that message that asks if I want to use the cell names to not pop up? I think I understand what you're running into here. If the cell you are MOVING refers to a named range in it's source workbook that doesn't exist in the destination workbook, Excel will not ide...

Font Changes in Emails
All my email settings are set to Arial 10pt black so all emails I create and respond to show the Arial font on screen. However, since the beginning of this year, when I get a response to an email I have sent or forwarded, my original text in the email has converted to Times New Roman. I am working through a network but no-one else has this problem and my network administrator cannot explain why it is happening. Any ideas? Hello Josie, I too have had this happen to me in my own e-mail account form the organisation I work for. It appears that in certain circumstances the sett...

Dynamically changing filename referenced by day
This is actually a friends problem but i will try and translate what he said to me as i can. He has said to me that he references a certain spreadsheet which changes everyday. Everyday he has to manually select the referenced file and asks how he can automate the task. This is what he said to me: "Basically the file name is called Highboard and its a collection of 12 panels on one screen each panel with different information. Now the files I want to link it with are in the FB network drive, New Folders and Pecs. Now each day a new sheet is created but the format is the same and so what...

Why do windows go blank?
I am using WinXP SP3 and Excel 2003 SP3 with VBA 6.5. I have a long-running macro that is CPU-intensive. However, about every 1 sec, I log some information and sleep for 20 msec. After "a while" (it varies), one or more open windows go blank. That is, there is nothing but white inside the window frame. Moreover, my VBA window is no longer the active window -- none is. When I log to the Immediate Window, that window goes blank very soon, often as soon as one page is filled (i.e. the window scrolls). But this also happens when I log to a file -- and this time, ...

Changes not showing up until 5 minutes later
We are on a NT4 network. The file is 7.5mb and we are using Excel 97. One user makes changes and closes the file. Another opens the file and the changes do not display . They close the file and reopen it 5 minutes later and ALL IS WELL. What is happening and how can we fix this? Thanks! Ken Big workbooks can take a long time to calculate. Doing things to Excel in the meantime can stop the process. Try leaving Excel alone for a bit and see what happens. Regards BrianB ============================================= "Ken L" <kenkasf@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:...

Can I insert a box on excel that can be checked and un-checked?
I would like to insert a box that can be checked or unchecked, like a check list showing what is done and what is not done. I was just wondering where I can find that. Thanks Right click on your toolbar, on the drop down pick Forms, should be there Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494386 ...

Change the numeric value of a dropdown to text value
I'm trying to email the values of form fields that I have created in a form. So basically what I want to do is in the Subject I want to take the "value" of the dropdown called dropdown1 and put it in the subject. It is working but it is putting the numeric value instead of the text value. How do I convert it. Thanks much! Use the .Result, not the .Value -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wo...

Public Folder replication #36
I appear to be seeing a problem with my Public Folders that is causing my Public Store to take an age to backup. With the help of the good people in this group, I have been able to establish some earlier problems with my replication and it now seems to be working reasonably well but the backup is still taking an age. Of all the folders that I have, I am seeing an anomoly that may be causing the backup to go and get the remote replica details across the WAN for certain folders. Some of my folders are listed as being on the remote server and "Local Modified" with the local ser...

Dynamic Charts and Blanks
Dear All. I have produced a chart dynamically, using the technique outlined on the Peliter website. In general this works fine, in terms of when the list of data grows. However, when my data list shrinks it causes a problem. The data is the result of an Offset function, which leaves a blank cell where there is no data. However, Excel charts a zero value - which I dont want to have (I would rather it treat the cells as though they were blank). Does anyone know how to do this??? Thanks. You need to change your formula so it results in NA() instead of "" (which isn't bl...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

Access to public folders from exchange system manager
Hi When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502. Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no access via OWA. Does anyone have any ideas Hey, Check the public folder settings in the IIS. It can be a security error. Razza "designled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6DBE83-692D-4242-9923-C48410460DCE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the follo...

can not download explorer 8
When I go to download explorer 8 and go to run it this comes up and wont let me download the procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll. How can I be able to download explorer 8? There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your...

How do I find which forms have a particular field which is blank?
I have created a database using Access 2007 but it really confuses me. I used to have Access 2000 and it was really easy to create a query which found all the forms which had the "Date Completed" field blank, so i could find which records were still ongoing. It even made a little list for me in a seperate sheet. I have no idea how to do this in Access 2007 and the help forums don't make much sense to me. Can anyone help? many thanks, Bunximo. Open up the database. Go to the Create tab. Next go to Other box. Select Query Design. Pick out the table that has...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

RE: Can't connect to OWA
Lee Derbyshire [MVP] wrote: > 404 means 'page not found'. Have a look in IIS Manager on the OWA > server, and make sure that it still has a Virtual Directory named > 'Exchange'. > > Lee. > > Yes, IIS has still a Virtual Directory named "Exchange". When I try to connect via IE to the OWA from the OWA Server I see the logon form, but after having provided any username and password (or domain\username and password) I receive the HTTP 404 error. ...

Changing to new dates
Hi everyone I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to 2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years e.g 01/01/0 02/01/03 this goes up to 31/12/0 and i want it to be changed to 2004 year plz help me im going crazy!!! Just put the first date in the first cell assume it is A1, in A2 put =A1+1 then just copy down the formula -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B773478-C8A1-4F88-AE9D-CD3DD5B8878...

How can I copy address book from MSN to MS Outlook?

OWA
I have full permissions to other users' mailboxes, and can access them in Outlook, but when I try in OWA I receive the error "You are not authorized to view this page." The way I try to access the another user's mailbox is by appending /[email alias]/inbox. (I've also tried multiple combinations of substituting email alias with user logon name and keeping/dropping "inbox.") This worked at one time, but I haven't tried it in a while. So either some updates I have applied to my server (sbs 2003 premium - running Exhange 2003) or some other configuration ch...

How can I enumerate directory content in MFC?
Hello, I have a program that has to auto save some data automatically. I want to list autosave directory content and find the file with biggest serial number e.g. AutoSave_1, AutoSave_2, AutoSave_3,... and then create a file that its name is one greater than biggest value. I have to list directory content and then look for names. Problem is I couldn't find any info on MSDN on how I cando this in MFC. the only enumeration method I could find was under .Net How should I do this in MFC? thanks a lot. >Hello, I have a program that has to auto save some data automatically. I want >...

Enabling change password on second virtual OWA
Is there a way to enable Password change other thatn in the default web site that holds the Default OWA? I created a second HTTP virtual OWA, with a different SSL Certificate and domain name on the same Server. Everything works will, except that the Change password does not work, even after setting-up the iisadmpwd and adjusting the metadata base to have PasswordChangeFlags set to ). Any help here will be appreciative Manny ...

Occasional blank messages in Outlook 2007
I have Norton Internet Security on my laptop with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Only on that laptop do I find that every third or every other newer email message suddenly comes up blank when I start outlook. What may be causing this and how can it be fixed? Thanks! -- Craig Salt Lake City A lot of modern Antivirus products will scan your e-mail for you as it's received (and sometimes sent too). On the surface of it this seems like a good idea but in practice it often causes problems with Outlook such as blank messages, missing attachments, stalls and hangs and other ...

CTreeCtrl Question, Adding the '+' by default.
Hi, I have a large tree control, and to save loading time I only load the root items and I only load the child when the user select one of the nodes. The problem is that because the Node has no child the tree control does not draw the "+" to show that there are child nodes. So how can I get the control to display the "+" to expand the node without actually adding child. Many thanks Simon. When creating the TVITEM, set the cChildren member to I_CHILDRENCALLBACK. You will then need to handle the TVN_GETDISPINFO notification. "Simon" <spambucket@myo...

Copy Public Folders #2
I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a single public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks PFmigrate, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also need PVADMIN, http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...