Home Publishing 2000 #3

After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also recently installing MS Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL (partial installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a complete installation).  It gives me this message:  D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mm

Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program.  Any ideas about how I can get this program to reinstall completely?  Please e-mail me:  JB20852@wmconnect.com
0
JB20852 (1)

Looks like a Clip Gallery error. .mmc is the clipart catalog. Publisher uses the
Organizer.
Perhaps there is a conflict.

Homepub 2K: How to Install Programs Manually
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246578&Product=gshp
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JB" <JB20852@wmconnect.com> wrote in message
> After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also recently installing MS
Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL (partial
installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a complete installation).  It
gives me this message:  D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mmc

> Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program.  Any ideas about how I can get this
program to reinstall completely?  Please e-mail me:  JB20852@wmconnect.com

0
laserdog (1122)
5/24/2004 4:53:44 PM
Mary has already pointed you in the right direction. I'm going to add a
suggestion that if you have any other Home Publishing question, you check
out the Home Publishing newsgroup.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JB" <JB20852@wmconnect.com> wrote in message
> After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also recently installing
MS Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL
(partial installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a complete
installation).  It gives me this message:
D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mmc

> Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program.  Any ideas about how I can
get this program to reinstall completely?  Please e-mail me:
JB20852@wmconnect.com

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/24/2004 8:01:32 PM
JB wrote:
> After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also
> recently installing MS Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing
> 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL (partial
> installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a
> complete installation).  It gives me this message:
> D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mmc
>
> Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program.  Any
> ideas about how I can get this program to reinstall
> completely?  Please e-mail me:  JB20852@wmconnect.com
The error you report may indicate a dirty
or damaged install disk.

How To: Clean Your CD
http://tinyurl.com/6oan

The following is from a readme file on
HP2000 disk one:
#15. Installing onto a network or installing
everything to your hard disk

Home Publishing can easily be installed on
a network. To install it, copy the contents of
all three CDs to the same network folder,
starting with the third Home Publishing disc,
then the second Home Publishing disc, and
then the first Home Publishing disc, in that
order. Do NOT put the contents of the three
CDs into three separate folders; keep them
in the same folder. Some files are duplicated
on all three CDs. When you are asked to over-
write these files, click Yes. Home Publishing
should be installed onto computers using
Setup.exe on this network share, not from
the CDs.

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

How do I reload an upgrade version of Publisher 2002
Please explain! The Subject is for the subject. The message box is for your message - the details please. "Tim Bridgman" <Tim Bridgman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4919EC1-99A7-4BCA-B430-6AC21643DCA2@microsoft.com... > ...

Question #3
Hi I have some data that I graph. Column A has a date [has data in 12 rows] Column B has a data entry (number) [has data in 1st 6 rows] Column C has a data entry (number) [has data in 1 st 6 rows] Column D has a formula that calculates a % on column B & C [formulas in 12 rows] The graph range I have covers the whole 12 rows but it seems to read the formulas in col D and plots every row Is there something I can add to my formula that stops the graph from plotting it unless there has been an answer returned in it? Formula I have is : =IF(B5+C5<1,"",(B5-C5)/B5) Thanks ...

Defrag question #3
I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Exchange 2000 also installed and running on the same box. I was wondering what is the best way if I want to run defrag and scandisk on the disk drive? I guess I'm asking because exchange is running on the box and I don't know if I run defrag and scandisk will I run into problems or cause the database problems. Thanks for your help. John In article <4D7A888F-B293-400C-A77C-DC379DDF4BDF@microsoft.com>, John@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Ex...

Pivot Table Help #3
I have a lot of data that I am trying to analyze with a pivot table and am not sure how to go about it. Columns are (1) District (2) Store # (3) 2003 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") (4) 2004 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") For each district, I am trying to find out 3 things: (1) % of stores incomplete (2) Average score for 2003 & 2004 - I've got this one working properly (3) % change between 2003 & 2004 I can successfully analyze the data in a spreadsheet but there is too much to go through and thought a pivot table was the way to ...

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

item look up #3
a customer is having an issue. he scans an item in the pos screen and all details show up. but when he tries to look for it later he cant find it. hes tried it in manager too. he would usse name, or barcode, or anything and still nothing. do we know what the problem is? Thanks If the item is set as inactive (in the item properties) it will not show up in the Find screen, but will scan in at the POS. You can turn off the find option, but I think it is easier to use one of the SOM reports to find the item, such as the price report. The item will show up in any report that includes it as...

Emailing from Publisher #3
A friend has OFFICE 2003. Outlook and Publisher are both 2003. BEFORE I cleaned up temp files, she was able to "Send Page As Message" in Publisher. Now, she gets "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing..." All I did was delete temp files ("C:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp" and "C:\windows\temp"), and run "ccleaner". I've put off the "reinstall your mail program" suggestion from the error message as I don't know if she can find the install CD... Is there any ...

eft for payables #3
Can I use a current vendor and make them an eft vendor? I tried testing this and it did not work. I went back into my test company and the reason the current vendor was not working was because I did not generate a pre-note first. "LauraS" wrote: > Can I use a current vendor and make them an eft vendor? I tried testing this > and it did not work. You should be able to do this as long as you use the EFT for Payables Vendor set up to set up the banking information for the vendor. Setup -> Purchasing -> EFT Payables Setup -> EFT Vendor Cards "LauraS" ...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

countif? #3
hi, i'm stuck with a formula. I need to count the number of cells in the whole of column K tha contain the numbers 6,7 and 8. I can't seem to find a way to do this, Any help would be greatfully recieved Regards Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this. You cannot use A:A here. =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10={6,7,8})*1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pete JM >" <<Pete.JM.16713e@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Pete.JM.16713e@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, i'm stuck with a formula. > > I need to count...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000
Hi I am aware that there are no Primary Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000 but I would like to aim for the lowest common denominator for maximum compatibility. I can not use late binding as I am using With Events. I am also slightly tied from creating outlook 2000 assemblies myself as I am at Outlook 2007 and would find it difficult to find outlook 2000 on a pc with VS2005/2008 side by side. I would like to know if there are any standard enough Outlook 200 assemblies out there that can be used fairly reliably that I could use. Many Thanks Regards Due to how Outlook handles versio...

xy Scatter chart #3
I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge: I have a spreadsheet with some information that is set up like this: Example Risk Impact Probability Director Trls Med 3 1 Wrong Trips High 4 3 Upgrade JAX Low 1 1 These numbers are generated from a series of questions that determine wether the risk is a high, med, or low factor. So there is really no way of knowing what numbers determines a Low, Med, or High Risk The numbers will never go higher than a 4 and lower th...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

Exchange 2000 problems
Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup. The PDC, W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it. I have reloaded W2k with SP's and installed Exchange 2000. None of my virtural stores Protocols are running and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are grayed out. The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down. When I try to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service or both." ID c1041724 Help...I'm...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...