Highlight Cells with different values

Hi,

I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the
F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with
Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in
Column A:A, then it is highlighted...

Any help appreciated

Fuad
0
Fuad (3)

Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is
for Publisher.

"Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the
| F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it
with
| Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values
in
| Column A:A, then it is highlighted...
|
| Any help appreciated
|
| Fuad

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Having info in a certain cell EXACTLY same as in cell on anotherpa
SIMPLY... I want in my summary tab to have the data from A1-P30 to ALWAYS be the data showing on my first page tab that is in position A1-P30.. Once a week I move the data in my first page by moving rows up and down depending on the performance of a certain golfer and what place he now is in overall. This is driving me nuts! I know all about =page1$C$8 but that doesn't seem to work... "Max" wrote: > In your summary tab, > place this in any starting cell, say in B2: > =IF(ISBLANK(OFFSET(INDIRECT("'page1'!A1"),ROWS($1:1)-1,C...

Value of x axis
I want to create a chart where the X axis displays a letter instead of a number. The repesentation will be constant (e.g. A=5, B=4, C=3). Is there anyway to do this? Thank you, Kate - I answered the same question just this past week: http://www.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=%23jDCZiMsEHA.832@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Kate wrote: > I want to create a chart where the X axis displays a letter instead of > a number. The repesentation will be constant (...

Problem reading with Percentage values
Hi, I am using OleDB provider to read excel file. I am facing the problem when reading percentage values from some excel sheets (very rarely). Suppose a cell has 42.3%, when reading the value it comes like 0.423... but while reading other Workbook's excel sheets (for those actual value is 24.7%), it reads properly like 24.7.... When i checked excel sheet cell Format for both Workbooks, it is same with Percentage with 1 decimal. Connection String i am using to read excel sheet is Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source='" + strFilePath.R...

Lookup Value in Workflow Template
I was trying to get lookup value in my workflow template (Email), but i could not the value appearing null (empty), while Picklist or text its appearing in my worfklow email template. why i am not getting any lookup value. Example : Owner (its not appearing). Time Create : Created on (Its appearing). early response will be much appriciated. Thanks, Syed. ...

How to share documents between different versions of Publisher.
My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this impass? Do a "Save as" in the format of the oldest format of the Publisher versions that will be opening the file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jcslks" <jcslks @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7C8C59-9F0C-4AFD-A582-EE968E68B350@microsoft.com... > My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the > office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this ...

command to move to different sheet
I would like to create a button to bring me to a different sheet within the same work book Hi, create a button and apply the code as follow if the sheet is hidden Sub Bring sheet() ' ' Bring sheet Macro ' ' Sheets("your name").Visible = True Sheets("your name").Select End Sub if sheet is not hidden use Sub Bring sheet() ' ' Bring sheet Macro ' Sheets("your name").Select End Sub "hberg" wrote: > I would like to create a button to bring me to a different sheet within the >...

Sorting Area with Merged Cells
In the area A23:G30, each row contains merged cells of column B, C, D, E and F apart from each other row in the area. I get a "This operation requires that merged cells to be identically sized" error when running this macro. Even using the Data/Sort from the File menu gives me this error. How would I sort an area containing rows with merged cells? Also, the cells must remain (or return to being) merged after this operation. I appreciate the previous help concerning clearing the contents from merged cells using ActiveCell relative references. Unfortunately, my email/newsgroup ...

Linking two cells in two books
Hi, I have two workbooks. In Book1, I want A2 to be exactly the same as B1 in Book2. The problem is that every night, I run a program which updates Book2, inserting a new row 1, so the value in B1 is now pushed down to be the value in B2 and a new value is inserted into in B1. I want this new value in B1 to be reflected in A2 (Book1). That is, for A2 (Book1) to always be the same value as B1 (Book2), even when B1 becomes a new row with a new value. I thought I would be okay if I used dollar signs, so for A2 in Book1, I have: ='[Book2.xls]AA'!$B$1 But it doesn'...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

Sum of cell which use if array function
Hi, I have many cells using if function which result is number. I'd like to sum all of those cells, unfortunatelly i cant do that, the result is none. How can i solve this one? Thank you If your IF formulas contain quotes around numbers, REMOVE THEM. Wrong: =IF(A1="x","10","0") Right: =IF(A1="x",10,0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Pran" <Pran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F9DB21C-4DF6-45A5-AA22-D3F8CDA45F31@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have many cells using if funct...

Difference between Teams and Business Units
Hi, We are trying to implement CRM 3.0.Our sales teams are divided in to four groups and we would like to restrict their record access groupwise . Each team consists of a Manager and few executives. Even though I have created teams and added the corresponding members, every one can see all the records. Do I have to create a business unit to solve this? Regards, George If you wish to restrict the view of data, creating seperate Business Units is the best way forward, you can share out records to teams. "Pradeep George" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to implemen...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

Can you automatically add a comment to a cell
Hi all Is it possible to automatically add a comment to a cell once it has been selected. The cells currently have data validation to only allow you to enter certain letters and conditional formating to change the colours once these letters have been selected. I would like it to add the current date and time when any of the letters have been selected using the drop down box through data validation. Thanks Mally Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.ClearComments Target.AddComment ("Date and Time Last modified " & Now()) End Sub "Mall...

Calculate difference between 2 date and times with average
I have used the formula: Start time End time 6/9/2007 10:35 AM 6/9/2007 3:30 PM 4:55 Formula Description (Result) =Text(b1-a1,"d:h:) But when I use the text function, I cannot calculate an average. Also, if you know a way to calculate the difference and exclude weekends... As for excluding weekends, investigate the NETWORKDAYS formula in Help. But if your workday is not 24 hours long, and you have holidays to contend with in addition to weekends, the problem is fairly complex. Here are the steps: 1. If StartDate and EndDate are on the same date, hours worked = number of hou...

How to return a blank cell if sum = 0
How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, if the formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? =If(myformula=0,"",myformula), say, +if(sum(A3:g3)=0,"",Sum(a3:g3)) Peter "waybomb" wrote: > How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, if the > formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? > How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, > if the formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? Another option... if you want zero values to not show **anywhere** on your worksh...

Running a mcro based on value of a cell
I have a spreadsheet that performs End Of Day calculations on Financia Market instruments. I have a large macro that runs at the end of every day,part way throug the macro i need to collect data from a column in a worksheet based o the text that appears in cell T1. In the YEARLY sheet i have columns of data that have the end of yea prices of various Financial instruments. In row 1 across the worksheet are the names,e.g Vodafone,Do Jones,Nasdaq,GBP/USD etc.Below each name is a column of 20 year data,i.e A2:A21,B2:B21,C2:C21 etc. The macro needs to look at the text in T1 and then find the a...

Calendar-how do I keep a different background colour 4 each month
In process of doing a calendar for 2006. I want a different background color for each month, but everytime I change a color, it changes the background for every month. This is the first time I've used Publisher, but I simply can't find how to stabilise the page. Any tips would be great. Ungroup the objects, manually re-fill rather than using the color schemes. Time consuming but it works. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "frankie" <frankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Cell update delay
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value. However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now, and what it was a second ago. Any advice? Thanks Take a look at this: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/OnTime.aspx If you do it once per second, it will (probably) take over control of your system. Good luck!! -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Bob_hc" wrote: ...

Conditional copy cells from one excel file into current
Hello All, Does a macro (or function or ??) exist to conditionally copy value from a stored spreadsheet into the current (open) spreadsheet? Here's the scenario: Stored spreadsheet is two columnsof text (~200 rows) : Think explici question in column one, then the correct answer in column two of th same row. Then my current (open) spreadsheet has SOME of the same questions i column one. I would like to invoke a [macro?] that, in pseudo code, does somethin similar to the following: for each row (question in column 1) of the current spreadsheet Search in column 1 of *stored* spreadshee...

extract covert dollar value in text cell to just dollar value
cell value/contents: 10 for $1,700.00 to just $1,700.00 for Cell A1 use =MID(C29,FIND("$",A1),72) this will extract everything to the right of (and including) the $ sign -- Alex Delamain ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275359 On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:08:06 -0800, "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >cell value/contents: 10 for $1,700.00 to ...

Get property values from object.
Hello. I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, please. Thanks :) Am 19.06.2010 15:08, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, > please. I assume that you don't know the type of the object at design time, is that right? Then you're looking for reflection: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cxz4wk15(VS.90).aspx See sub topic "Viewing Type Information", section "MemberInfo, MethodInfo, FieldInfo, and PropertyInfo" -- Armin Indeed, I am usin...

Distribution of a Value
Need some direction... I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value over a number of periods. Example: 500 widgets across 62 days, how to determine the number of widgets on day 32 or 36, etc? Thanks Download a sample file from here: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/mc/NormalDistribution-Excel.html HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "AK" wrote: > Need some direction... > > I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value ov...

how to activate a cell if it contains data
I've created a Pvt Table which contains 6 fixed columns and it will show data depends on how many columns I wanted to see. In addition, I've created another set of columns to copy data shown on the pvt table. So here is my question, is there a way to activate cells with data on the Pvt Table? Here is an example: If I wanted to see 4 columns of data on the Pvt Table: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F Row1 $27 $30 $49 Total My other Set of columns should appear like this: Colum...