Help with Publisher 2003

I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to email
a two page newsletter.  I do not want it as an attachment but in the email.
Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current page.  Is there a way
around this?

Thanks

0
Mike

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Mike <@>...
> I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to
> email a two page newsletter.  I do not want it as an attachment but
> in the email. Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current
> page.  Is there a way around this?

Publisher only supports emailing the current page of a publication as the
body of an email.
If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire publication
(you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to link between the
pages, otherwise only the first page will be accessible)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/30/2003 8:41:29 PM
Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Publisher only supports emailing the current page of a publication
|| as the body of an email.
|| If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire
|| publication (you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to
|| link between the pages, otherwise only the first page will be
|| accessible)

Damn buggy *.mht.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
12/30/2003 8:53:33 PM
Will it be in the body of the email if I send it as a mht file?

Thanks

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Mike <@>...
> > I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to
> > email a two page newsletter.  I do not want it as an attachment but
> > in the email. Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current
> > page.  Is there a way around this?
>
> Publisher only supports emailing the current page of a publication as the
> body of an email.
> If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire publication
> (you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to link between the
> pages, otherwise only the first page will be accessible)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Mike
12/30/2003 8:57:12 PM
Everytime I read a post like this, I'm grateful for Acrobat. Those .pdf
files are such a god-send. No platform issues, no software availability
concerns, layout looks the same to everyone - Thank you Adobe.

"Mike" <@> wrote in message news:uPrgPRxzDHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to
email
> a two page newsletter.  I do not want it as an attachment but in the
email.
> Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current page.  Is there a
way
> around this?
>
> Thanks

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/30/2003 9:02:50 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Mike <@>...
> Will it be in the body of the email if I send it as a mht file?

No.
How exactly did you think you would get multiple pages in one email body
anyway, out of interest?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/30/2003 9:08:52 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from JL Amerson <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>...
> Everytime I read a post like this, I'm grateful for Acrobat. Those
> .pdf files are such a god-send. No platform issues, no software
> availability concerns, layout looks the same to everyone - Thank you
> Adobe.

IIRC, Adobe didn't invent PDF.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have loads of other
cheap PDF creators.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/30/2003 9:09:33 PM
Really? I thought they did. I'm going to have to look into this - my
curiosity is tweaked.  :-)

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from JL Amerson <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>...
> > Everytime I read a post like this, I'm grateful for Acrobat. Those
> > .pdf files are such a god-send. No platform issues, no software
> > availability concerns, layout looks the same to everyone - Thank you
> > Adobe.
>
> IIRC, Adobe didn't invent PDF.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have loads of other
> cheap PDF creators.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/30/2003 9:16:39 PM
I figured out a way around it.  I just made a custom page the size of two
pages and then copied my second page into the first page and it works great.
Now I have one more question.  Why doesn't Publisher 2003 work with Outlook
2002?  It will only let me send an email as an attachment!  However, if I
use Outlook Express 6 as my default email client then it lets me email the
page in the body of the email.  I would use something other than publisher
to create these emails however Marketing who creates these newsletters only
understands how to use publisher.

Thanks
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Mike <@>...
> > I currently have a trial version of Publisher 2003 and I am trying to
> > email a two page newsletter.  I do not want it as an attachment but
> > in the email. Currently, Publisher 2003 only allows to email current
> > page.  Is there a way around this?
>
> Publisher only supports emailing the current page of a publication as the
> body of an email.
> If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire publication
> (you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to link between the
> pages, otherwise only the first page will be accessible)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Mike
12/30/2003 9:24:54 PM
Ed,

Me thinks YDNRC (you do not recall correctly)!

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/pdf/specifications.jsp
or
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/pdfarchiving.pdf

Mike

Ed Bennett wrote:
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from JL Amerson <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>...
>
>>Everytime I read a post like this, I'm grateful for Acrobat. Those
>>.pdf files are such a god-send. No platform issues, no software
>>availability concerns, layout looks the same to everyone - Thank you
>>Adobe.
>

> IIRC, Adobe didn't invent PDF.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have loads of other
> cheap PDF creators.

0
wordwiz (948)
12/30/2003 10:42:04 PM
For an email newsletter, Publisher 2003 does not work very well.  When you
send it - the email is huge.  I took all of the images and pointed them to
our webserver so it is not the images files that is making the file huge.
Other than creating a HTML file what other programs are out there to create
an email newsletter?

Thanks

"Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
> in the Microsoft� newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || Publisher only supports emailing the current page of a publication
> || as the body of an email.
> || If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire
> || publication (you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to
> || link between the pages, otherwise only the first page will be
> || accessible)
>
> Damn buggy *.mht.
>

> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
> Official Publisher MVP Site:
> http://www.kvalheim.org

> confers no rights.

0
Sam
12/30/2003 11:42:12 PM
Ed Bennett wrote:
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from JL Amerson <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>...
>> Everytime I read a post like this, I'm grateful for Acrobat. Those
>> .pdf files are such a god-send. No platform issues, no software
>> availability concerns, layout looks the same to everyone - Thank you
>> Adobe.
>
> IIRC, Adobe didn't invent PDF.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have loads of
> other cheap PDF creators.

Err, Eddie, just think about the logic of that for a minute...IBM 'invented'
the first 'proper' PC, but do only they manufacture them? Ford built the
first commercial automobile - but my father drives a BMW. OK, so they may be
pretty poor analogies, but I hope you understand my meaning.

0
epona (80)
12/31/2003 12:26:17 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Mike Koewler <wordwiz@fuse.net>...
> Me thinks YDNRC (you do not recall correctly)!

Somehow I didn't think I would.  I just didn't think it was like Adobe to
release something like that so other people can make money from it, when
they could keep it proprietory and keep all the cash for themselves.
/me shrugs, and tries to work on his memory skills

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/31/2003 10:09:57 AM
MS assistance provides some insight here:
 http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010743381033&CTT=98
at the bottom of the article is a table of potential problems and their solutions.  The first one of these is “Text is converted into an image”.  I found this helpful.

     ----- Sam wrote: -----

     For an email newsletter, Publisher 2003 does not work very well.  When you
     send it - the email is huge.  I took all of the images and pointed them to
     our webserver so it is not the images files that is making the file huge.
     Other than creating a HTML file what other programs are out there to create
     an email newsletter?

     Thanks

     "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
     > Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org),
     > in the Microsoft® newsgroups
     > you posted:
     > || as the body of an email.
     > || If you email as a Web Archive (MHT), you can email the entire
     > || publication (you will need to ensure that you place hyperlinks to
     > || link between the pages, otherwise only the first page will be
     > || accessible)
     >> Damn buggy *.mht.
     >>> --
     > Brian Kvalheim
     > Microsoft Office Publisher MVP
     > Official Publisher MVP Site:
     > http://www.kvalheim.org
     >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
     > confers no rights.

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

Help with SQL (Access2007)
Hello. I am trying to integrate data from several sites into 1 (new) table. In order to distinguish the data from each site in the new table I have a field (InstID) which holds the Instution number of the site. The fields from the old site tables and the new table are identical except for the InstID. InstID and ClientID are Primary Keys. The path to the old table is asked, then the number for the InstID is asked and placed as a variable - varInstID. I have an append sql as follows: Private Sub UpdateDB_Click() ' populate the clients table strSql = "INSERT INTO tblClients ( In...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

unable to load help topic
Using Money 2004 deluxe. Asking for help I get "unable to load topic" try again. No help, same responce. I went to MS Knowledge base article 812755. Which says 'clear the cache' Which I did. No help, still 'unable to load topic' Tried asking a 'Microsoft pro', could not get a screen to ask my question. Any suggestions? I cleared both MS IE and my default browser, and tried again, still no help. Seems like I should be able to get 'HELP' I even reloaded the Money program, still no HELP. Thanks for any 'HELP" Walt In microsoft.public.money...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Massive Report: Have you ever done this? Help Please
Hi, I am compiling the results of a survey in ACC2003 as a paper appendix. I have about 60 report objects which are about 2 to 4 pages of text each. I have about 60 Pivot Charts and tables as separate form objects. I want to have one report which has the charts and tables and text in it since this would be easy to layout and the page numbering would flow right through. Is this the correct way to do it? I have made a start and the first few pages are fine with charts and tables. However, Access seems to have space restrictions on the height of a report group? When I increase the ...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

SMTP Help!!!
I have a customer with a new Exchange 2003 server Single AD domain on one server DNS server local and seems to be working correctly Cable internet through Comcast Had been receiving 2012 and 2013 app log events Increased the DNSErrorsBeforeFailover as suggested in a knowledgebase article 2012 & 2013 Errors have stop but replaced with 4006 events No mail flow inbound or outbound for past 2 days!! SMTP appears busted, cannot telnet in or out on Port 25 even though firewall has port forwarding on that port Switched firewalls with same result Noticed periodic Back Orifice attack attem...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...