Help with Margins

I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined
everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will be
4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know why.
It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on
the screen. Any ideas?
0
Rachel (30)

Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and center
your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make it
easier for you to work with.
Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitation of
your printer margin. Refer to this article, it will help
Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined
> everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will be
> 4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know why.
> It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on
> the screen. Any ideas?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/9/2008 8:45:40 PM
I am having the same problem, but I have a borderless printer.....it prints
to the edge but my centre border is thicker than my right hand side border

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and center
> your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make it
> easier for you to work with.
> Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitation of
> your printer margin. Refer to this article, it will help
> Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined
> > everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will be
> > 4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know why.
> > It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on
> > the screen. Any ideas?

0
PabS (3)
8/25/2008 9:41:15 PM
Your printer is causing the thinner border line on the right. It is quitting the
print a bit early. You might be able to keep this from happening by moving the
border in a little. Most printers will have a larger border limitation on the
right when printing landscape.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"pabs" <pabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem, but I have a borderless printer.....it prints
> to the edge but my centre border is thicker than my right hand side border
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and
>> center
>> your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make
>> it
>> easier for you to work with.
>> Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitation of
>> your printer margin. Refer to this article, it will help
>> Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined
>> > everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will
>> > be
>> > 4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know
>> > why.
>> > It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on
>> > the screen. Any ideas?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/26/2008 9:24:12 AM
Hi there

I have an Epson Stylus 1400 it is set to print Borderless.

I am sooo frustruated

I have my 4 postcards arranged using the page set up feature - they are laid
out as portrait - the middle black bar is the size that it is meant to be -
but the one on the right is like missing .25 or so....the weird thing is  -
it is printed to the edge there is no white showing ?? so its like it is
cutting off the printing on the inside edge not the outside edge of the black
bar.....

The other strange thing  is the text in the left quadrants is being bumped
to the left - it is not printing as it looks on the screen at all - it will
also not print as a PDF as it looks on the screen ???

HELP im so annoyed !

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Your printer is causing the thinner border line on the right. It is quitting the
> print a bit early. You might be able to keep this from happening by moving the
> border in a little. Most printers will have a larger border limitation on the
> right when printing landscape.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pabs" <pabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem, but I have a borderless printer.....it prints
> > to the edge but my centre border is thicker than my right hand side border
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and
> >> center
> >> your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make
> >> it
> >> easier for you to work with.
> >> Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitation of
> >> your printer margin. Refer to this article, it will help
> >> Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area
> >> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
PabS (3)
8/27/2008 5:35:01 AM
pabs wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have an Epson Stylus 1400 it is set to print Borderless.
>
> I am sooo frustruated
>
> I have my 4 postcards arranged using the page set up feature - they
> are laid out as portrait - the middle black bar is the size that it
> is meant to be - but the one on the right is like missing .25 or
> so....the weird thing is  - it is printed to the edge there is no
> white showing ?? so its like it is cutting off the printing on the
> inside edge not the outside edge of the black bar.....
>
> The other strange thing  is the text in the left quadrants is being
> bumped to the left - it is not printing as it looks on the screen at
> all - it will also not print as a PDF as it looks on the screen ???
>
> HELP im so annoyed !
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Your printer is causing the thinner border line on the right. It is
>> quitting the print a bit early. You might be able to keep this from
>> happening by moving the border in a little. Most printers will have
>> a larger border limitation on the right when printing landscape.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pabs" <pabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am having the same problem, but I have a borderless
>>> printer.....it prints to the edge but my centre border is thicker
>>> than my right hand side border

Probably a dam stupid question, you haven't by any change selected a
metric page size in your printer while your document is imperial?

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

Publisher will have problems with some borderless printers. A workaround is to
save your publication as a picture and use your printer software for the print.

--

> Hi there
>
> I have an Epson Stylus 1400 it is set to print Borderless.
>
> I am sooo frustruated
>
> I have my 4 postcards arranged using the page set up feature - they are laid
> out as portrait - the middle black bar is the size that it is meant to be -
> but the one on the right is like missing .25 or so....the weird thing is  -
> it is printed to the edge there is no white showing ?? so its like it is
> cutting off the printing on the inside edge not the outside edge of the black
> bar.....
>
> The other strange thing  is the text in the left quadrants is being bumped
> to the left - it is not printing as it looks on the screen at all - it will
> also not print as a PDF as it looks on the screen ???
>
> HELP im so annoyed !
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Your printer is causing the thinner border line on the right. It is quitting
>> the
>> print a bit early. You might be able to keep this from happening by moving
>> the
>> border in a little. Most printers will have a larger border limitation on the
>> right when printing landscape.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pabs" <pabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having the same problem, but I have a borderless printer.....it prints
>> > to the edge but my centre border is thicker than my right hand side border

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Pop Up Calendar Help
I am very new to Excel, working with 2003. I have followed the directions her http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.ht I think I am very close, but when I try to test the code I get run time erro Method'Value' of object 'Icalendar' failed When I select the debug it takes me t the line frm.Calendar.Sho Any help is greatly apprectiead Andrea Andrea, Did you rename the userform to frmCalendar? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrea" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Formula for a fill color help
I can't figure out how to make a formula that will recognize a color a a value. More specifically; If b1 is made to be green (color index 4) would like c1 to insert the letter Y. I am I'm looking for an I statement so I can use it throughout the whole workbook. The formula if I understand it should kind of look like (in C1): =If(b1=colorindex4,"Y","") I'm looking to put a "Y" in c1 if b1 is colored in green. I would really like to also know how to insert a fill color in an formula! Thank you for any of your help and time, Brya -- Bryan J Yo...

Need help with using command button
I am needing some help with getting a command button to run a query through msquery onto a worksheet. i have a work book with 33 worksheets. the first 31 worksheets are setup to be 1 sheet for 1 day's data, worksheets are labeled as 1,2,3,...30,31. the last two of the 33 sheets are just for summary graphs. each sheet has the date split up into three cells, such as April 15 2005. i have 3 workbooks setup this way, 1 for each of three shifts. on each sheet in each workbook, i also have a cell listing what shift that worksheet is for, as well as a cell that lists what plant it is...

Help with OpenArg
This has been driving me nuts for about a week now so I thought someone more experienced might have the answer as although it's complex for me, the newbie, it really is realtively simple. Q: I am using Access 2000. I have a client database. I am making a search form. The form is in dataview. It gets it's info. from a query that sorts the info from the client table. The info consists of the contactfirstname, contactlastname, ClientID, nextactiondate, and case status. When the user double clicks on a particular client's info. I would like for the "Clients" form to o...

Pie Chart Help #3
I am trying to create a pie chart and having trouble with selecting slices within the chart and grouping them together. I I want it to look like a scattered chart but want to select which pieces will group together. Please help. Thanks. ...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...

Need help with excel autofill VBA style
Hi everyone, I need help with autofill. The situation is that I have an excel spreadsheet that contain 2 worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. The sheet1 basically contains just raw data; while sheet2 contains a number formula that are used for calculation. <Sheet1> <Sheet2> A B A B 1 2 1 1 Sum AVG 2 3 9 2 =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) 3 7 1 3 4 8 2 4 The question is that I want to write a VBA script that will autofill the formula in colum...

some one help with the function (OR)
some one help with the function (OR) I dont know how to use this function thankyou for al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you check the help file? What part of the explanation didn't you understand? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>, nader <<nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>> says... > some one help with the function (OR) > I dont know how to use this function > > thankyou for all...

Wanna write every data in new line through CFile but no idea! Plz help
Hi All, I want to write(append) word(data) into a file(CFile). I'm using CFile to do the same.. CFile::SeekToEnd() is called before every CFile::Write() But i need to write every data in a new line of text file. In CFile how could i achieve this? NOTE: I appended '\n' char into the end of my word(data). My cursor is moving into next line...but i don't know how to continue writing from cursor's current position in MFC CFile.. Thanks in Advance, Raa On 28 Dec 2006 02:28:36 -0800, "RajanM" <Rajan.Munuswamy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I w...

Re: Count "hours", as 1 each? Example attached....Please Help!
I am totally stumped... I would like if possible to count how many hours each employee worked, from a pivot table. I have already captured how many scans each employee did, just need to get a count of total number of hours each worker worked. ( Productivity report ) Example: a b c d e f g H 1 employee 8 AM 9AM 10AM 11AM 12PM 1PM TOTAL 2 3 BOB 40 49 50 55 80 274 4 NANCY 50 60 50 100 30 290 5 SUE 25 20 20 20 85 blank cells are when the worker scanned ...

I need complete idiot proof excel setup database help. please
I need to learn all about Excel and how to make a database.. I have read and read and done practise tutorials but I just cannot grasp the concept, it completely goes over my head everytime. I am quick to learn when I am being shown or told exactly what to do, can anyone help me learn all about Excel.. ? The first thing you need to know is that Excel is not a database application, and while it is commonly used for databases, it doesn't do them well. Expecting a database developed in XL to be "complete idiot proof" is setting yourself up for disaster. Without knowing any...

Help with If or Case
Hello, I have a report that list all orders for the year. The orders report includes a Status column and an order could have one of six possible status. Quote Held Invoiced Invoiced/Cancelled Deleted Deleted/Cancelled The users have asked to get a form with six option buttons they can toggle to choose which status conditions they want to include or exclude on the report. I have created the form with the six option buttons with “Default Value” property set to 1 and a Next button to run the report. I’m blanking out tryiing to build the nested If statement. Any examples ...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

help: convert ms access from FAT format to NT format
I need help on converting Microsoft access from win98 FAT format to WinXP home NT access format. I recently bought an off-lease IBM for $299, loaded with winXP home and office 2000. I activated it and thought I could easily convert my win98 office 2000 access files. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. It kept telling me it couldn't convert the old files I copied form win98 HD. Please help. As Joseph explained elsewhere, this makes absolutely no sense. What version of Access was used to produce the old files. What did you do to get them onto your new machine? How are you ...

Entourage Attachment Help
I am using Entourage for POP access to my Gmail account. However, a lot of my gmail attachments are very big to download, and the whole process could take some time. So, does anyone know how to download my emails without the attachment? TIA Pikkie Knippers Hi Pikkie, Tools | Accounts, double click on the account in question. Click on options. Check the box for "partially receive messages over____", and fill in a number that you feel okay with. Then attachments will not download, or only partially download. The message will show up in your inbox with a link that you can click ...

Please help!
Hello to all! I recently installed CRM 3.0 professional edition on Windows 2003 server standard edition. Now my manager wants to have sample database Adventure Works on the same server. How can I install Adventure works on already installed CRM 3.0 ? Or I have to reinstall whole CRM ? If yes, how can I specify during the installation that I need sample database to be installed ? This is really urgent question, and any help will be highly appreciated! thank you!!! Ozz, The AdventureWorks sample db isn't so much "installed" as it's run. It's an ..exe which you run...

Help #4
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is yes 0 if value is no in next column yes no yes yes no no yes yes Hi kiran In B1 use this formula and copy down =IF(A1="yes",1,0) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kiran" <kiran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3785964-28CB-4D7B-843B-6F684C00370B@microsoft.com... >I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is > yes 0 if value is no in next column > yes > no > yes > yes > no > no > yes > yes > ...

Need Help Enabling Flags in OWA for Public Folder
Hello-- I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for access to only a limited group via OWA. Everything is working great except no one, including the Domain Administrator can "flag" a post. The Flag Column header is grayed out and when you click on it, it merely depresses. Any advice on how to enable the flags would be appreciated. Many thanks, sd On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:45:02 -0700, razor <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello-- > >I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for >access to ...

Help needed on date matching and cell reference.
Hi, I need a formula to return the value of a cell from a nearby column, based on a matching of the months and years within a range of dates to the months and years within a given date. Here is the setup: Cell BA58 contains the given date. Column AP, starting in Cell AP59 and going down to AP2000 contains the array of dates that need to be evaluated to find which date matches the given date in Cell BA58 Column AR, starting in Cell AR59 and going down to AR2000 contains the array of numbers from which the result must be displayed. If a match is found between the given date in...

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...

Need help with macros and protections
I want to protect a sertain range of titles and leave the remainin worksheet open for data entry. Everytime I try to do this protection i requires the entire sheet to be protected and a password to b activated for the effected range. I want the unprotected range withou a password entry. Secondly I have created two buttons to list data in assending an decending order. I got them working but now they give me erro messages. Also the assending macro places all 0 enteries on the top need the macro to read greater that 0 Any suggestions would be appreciated. Macros: Sub Macro6() ' ' Macr...

Help #48
How do I stop the automatic download of messages in Outlook In OL2003, tools>send/receive>send/receive settings>disable scheduled send/receive. Other versions, not sure. I think it's in options. HTH Mark -----Original Message----- From: Andrea [mailto:Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com] Posted At: 30 September 2005 08:36 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Help Subject: Help How do I stop the automatic download of messages in Outlook -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.8/114 - Release...

HELP!!! #4
Created database of more than 300 names, addresses, etc. Saved. Highlighted company names in first column, performed sort to alphabetize, forgot to include rest of info in sort, then saved. No backup file. Closed file yesterday. Any way day later to revert to file as saved prior to performing sort? hi, unless you are on a network that can restore from a backup, I'm afraid that your past versions of the file are gone. sorry FSt1 "smitty1259" wrote: > Created database of more than 300 names, addresses, etc. Saved. > > Highlighted company names in first column,...