Help printing with Publisher

Hi

I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
voucher to the top of the page?

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/30/2011 6:39:06 PM
Hi Don

Thanks for the reply but I'm a real noob here.

I have the voucher on screen ready to print so select File/Print. I see a
representation of the page with the voucher in the centre (why it can't be
dragged to the top of the page is a mystery). I then select Printer
Properties (Dell 1320C) and select A5 instead of A4 and the voucher gets
split between two pages (Doh) so I have to change it to Landscape. You say
to then create a paper size in the 'Page Setup' but where is Page Setup? I
can see 'Settings' with Print All Pages, One Page Per Sheet, the A5 I just
selected in my Printer Properties etc., but I can find no way to change
anything that would move the voucher to the top of the page or anything
relevant to printing at the top of the page.

I must be missing something here but I can't see myself buying software
that's so unintuitive

"Don Schmidt"  wrote in message

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

Ah, I think I'm getting there, under Settings/Pages I changed it from One
page per sheet to Multiple copies per sheet and the coupon moved further up
the page.

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

need help entering trendline formula
I need help to enter the following formula into a cell: y=21.155e ^-0.006x This is the formula of a trendline from a graph of only 5 points, and I would like to enter this formula into a column of cells for the purpose of predicting future values of y. The value of x has a range of 0 to 165, and is located in a colum starting at A4 R squared = .9928 in this case I usually can figure out this sort of thing in Excel, even if it takes a while, but this one has me stumped. In this case Excel does not want to accept this formula Thanks Jim > y=21.155e ^-0.006x Hi. Excel can not do i...

I need some help with a Marco
Good Afternoon, I need some help regarding a marco. I created a marco for a process at my job that I need to add something too. I'm just not sure how to add what I need to add. Here's the problem: At my job we D/L pricing files for contracts. The files can be from 5 lines to 10,000 lines. I made a Marco to format the price list to look a certain way from a SAP download (see first attachment). Everything was working fine until a line appeared after all the formatted was done with no material number (it starting appearing after a SAP enchancement). This line always appears at ...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

printing blank worksheet
I can't print a blank worksheet that I need for field work. The message comes back that "Microsoft Excel Sees Nothing to Print". I tried to highlight the area but that does not work. Isn't a blank worksheet a blank sheet of paper? Try putting just borders or even a space in a cell will make Excel "see" data. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "bjq" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cfd001c3ee70$bd700990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't print a blank worksheet that I need ...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I tested as a user. I searched and found http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing. Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros?? Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning a toolbar button. See http://www.g...

[HELP] Windows Event log File read???
Hello, I am having a bit a problem in getting information out of the windows system event log file. I know how to get information out of the backup file of the event file. //------------------------------------------------------ OpenBackupEventLog Opens a handle to a backup event log. OpenEventLog Opens a handle to an event log. ------------------------------------------------------// But I do not know how to get informaiton out of the original event file. (C:\WINNT\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt) I ha...

Help: pivot chart data in secured Access database wont show fields
Hello Is there a way for me to crate a pivot chart in Excel where the data is in a secured access database. By default (ie using system.mdw) the Access security allows a user view permissions on the tables. When connecting to the database the tables are visible, but the next step where the fields get shown doesnt happen, no fields can be selected. Is this a security issue? Is there a way around this? Thanks A ...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...

Help? My formula is displaying in my cell
Hi there - For some reason I have one cell (in a workbook where everything else i working) that when I type in the formula in the formula bar . . . th stupid formula is showing up in the cell. My formula is simply this: =Info!B13 Because I am taking text from a sheet labeled Info in cell B13. I'v done this for about a million cells in this workbook so far an everything else has worked. This one stupid cell is just showing m the formula. Can anyone give me some suggestions to fix that? Much appreciated! Thanks! Jennife -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jennifer,...

Need some Sharerpoint help. Running SBS 2003
I've gotten so much help in this group I figured I'd ask and you'd all point me in the right direction. We are a small construction company running SBS 2003. I (as a project manager) am getting buried under a mountain of paper. But, I'm tech savy and built and support our SBS environment including exchange BES, DR etc. I use data in or sorts of ways, we generate lots of docs, xls's, pdf's, fax's, Scanned material, pictures, internet content etc. We need access to this data locally in the office and on our BB's and via remote access. I like kee...

How do you turn off tooltip help?
I have been searching through the help files of Windows XP using and cannot find out how to turn off the pop up tool tip help that appears when the cursor hovers over things. Can anyone help Please? It's driving me nuts. Robin robin.pain@tesco.net (robin.pain@tesco.net) wrote in message news:<bd24a397.0403050101.5cbf6c4b@posting.google.com>... > I cannot find out how to turn off the pop up tool tip help. I found the swine. It's under folder options i.e. My Computer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items Robin ...

Can not import Outlook 2003 PST into Outlook XP
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error message: 'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator.' Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Gary. You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook20...

Formula Help #10
I've another question, I've made up another sheet which shows the 1 qualifiers, these are listed down column B, There is 8 heats, in th first heat, the highest qualifier goes head to head against the lowes qualifier in a knockout, after two runs the driver with the highes score goes through to the final 8. I've put in columns for each run an I've totaled them across so their total scores are shown, what I want t do is put a box in the next page where the winner of heat 1's car numbe (column B) is shown. Am I making sense? Regards Kieran -- kiki Think I lost my way somewh...

MS Publisher calendar
Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? mcm wrote: > Is there a way to export a calendar created in MS Publisher into MS Outlook? No. None whatsoever. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Please help me on RMS work order
Hi, I work order one voucher item. But am not able to invoice this work order and its showing an error called "Invalid Quantity". Can any one guide me how to work order a voucher item and later invoicing it ???.. Please help as its very urgent -- Anujith Anujith, You cannot put a voucher item on a layaway, a work order or a quote. Only a sale. -- * "Anujith" <Anujith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C2895D6-0FD2-4639-A6FF-82AB02EB7BC6@microsoft.com... Hi, I work order one voucher item. But am not able to invoice this work order and its s...

HELP!need help to create a leaflet..
need to create an 8 page leaflet/booklet, or 2 books of 4 pages. cant find the template to do this! please help! File, page setup, booklet. Earlier versions of Publisher will say "special fold" -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft Newsgroups http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp "annaeb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:791D00CF-6548-48FF-98F9-63C9CEF43A11@microsoft.com... > need to create an 8 page leaflet/bo...

How Do I Print All of a Spreadsheet?
I just received a file and when I clicked on it, it turned out to be an Excel spreadsheet. So I want to print it, but it only prints the left edge of the page and when I use print preview and go to the bottom, it never continues with the right side. Documentation says to change the scale to fit width to 1 page, but that doesn't change anything. C-B Use the mouse to select the region to be printed Use the menu command File | Print Area and Set Now everything should print best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email &quo...

Printing historical P&L
Is it possible to print monthly P&Ls from prior years? I am using Dynamics v6.00g5 and don't seem to be able to do it. I did manage to figure out how to print historical balance sheets but not income statements. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Print Parameters
Is there a way to copy print parameters between sheets in a workbook? -- Thanks, Brian Some of them... You can select the "sending" worksheet and then ctrl-click on the others that should share the print settings. This groups the sheets. Then use File|page setup and make the changes that are allowed. Then when you're done, ungroup the sheets by right clicking on any of the selected sheets and choosing Ungroup Sheets. If you forget to do this, then you may ruin your worksheets. Almost any change you make to a sheet in a group gets made in the other sheets i...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...

Publish form to users' Personal Forms Library via script or GPO?
I've got a client who will be migrating from internally hosted Exchange 2000 (yes, you read that correctly) to externally hosted Exchange 2007 with OL2007 clients. They are also looking to use Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) for their shared contacts & calendar, which are currently in E2000 public folders - the hosting company isn't providing PFs. Normally this would be no big deal, but they've got a nice little custom form for their public contacts, which they want to keep. It's currently published to the PF itself on their existing E2k server. As we won't have access to ...

Help..
We have created an activex Ctrl using MFC. It has serialize method in its COleControl derived class. Now myActiveX control is inserted in a powerpoint presentation. Whenever power point slideshow ends, then the serialize method is getting called. How to avoid serialize method is getting called at the end of slide show mode or slide changes? I am trying by setting SetModifiedFlag(false) but no result. Note: I want use serialize method for other scene like saving PPT file. I dont want to get serailze only at the end of slide show or slide changes. Also I dont want to try this way, bcos this wi...