Help printing with Publisher

Hi

I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
voucher to the top of the page?

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/30/2011 6:39:06 PM
Hi Don

Thanks for the reply but I'm a real noob here.

I have the voucher on screen ready to print so select File/Print. I see a
representation of the page with the voucher in the centre (why it can't be
dragged to the top of the page is a mystery). I then select Printer
Properties (Dell 1320C) and select A5 instead of A4 and the voucher gets
split between two pages (Doh) so I have to change it to Landscape. You say
to then create a paper size in the 'Page Setup' but where is Page Setup? I
can see 'Settings' with Print All Pages, One Page Per Sheet, the A5 I just
selected in my Printer Properties etc., but I can find no way to change
anything that would move the voucher to the top of the page or anything
relevant to printing at the top of the page.

I must be missing something here but I can't see myself buying software
that's so unintuitive

"Don Schmidt"  wrote in message

Create a paper size (to the size of the voucher) in the Printer Setup.
Now create a paper size in the Page Setup.

With A4 paper in the printer, print the voucher.

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Virgin Media" <nospam@ta.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just installed the trial of Publisher 2010 and I'm trying to print a
> voucher template to an A4 sheet of paper. I can only print it with the
> voucher showing in the middle of the page, how do I get it to move the
> voucher to the top of the page?

Ah, I think I'm getting there, under Settings/Pages I changed it from One
page per sheet to Multiple copies per sheet and the coupon moved further up
the page.

Help for ICT Gcse c/w
Hi Basically I am making a model for my ICT coursework (AQA), it's about dog training courses for a vets surgery. For part of it, we have to work out the minimum number of dogs needed for a course to run (has to be less than �50). I have made a table, which links to other worksheets.. No. of dogs: Cost per course: Cost per dog: Can course run? 1 �348.35 �348.35 No 2 �350.60 �175.30 No 3 �352.85 �117.62 No 4 �355.10 �88.78 No 5 �357.35 �71.47 No 6 �359.60 �59.93 No 7 �361.85 �51.69 No 8 �364.10 �45.51 Yes 9 �366.35 �40.71 Yes ...

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

publisher won't comunicate with my printer
Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. What error message do you get? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > bilarchie <bilarchie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard > to utter: > > Ican print word docs but publisher won't communicate w/ printer. > > What error message do you get? > > -- > Ed Bennett - MVP M...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

Printing a spreadsheet contained in an Outlook message
Within my company, I have multiple locations that report daily counts. I set up an Excel spreadsheet that captures all of this information. The file is set up and saved using the "Send To -> Mail Recipient" feature so the locations only have to plug in their numbers and click "Send this Sheet" so that the message is sent in it's open status rather than as a document (this is definitely easier for those who use this). This works very well for reporting purposes, but when those receiving the message want to print the message, Outlook does not seem to recogn...

Divide by 0 Help
=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. Check your earlier post. On 05/17/2010 06:48, joey_boy wrote: > =(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > > Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 > Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. joey_boy wrote: >=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > >Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 >Error in any of the c...

Problems publishing my website
Up until the last few days I have been unable to publish my website. I am getting the following error message after approx 30 seconds of trying Publisher could not save your file to the web Please check your URL or network connection and try again So far I have tried: Three different interenet connections Taken the firewall down briefly to see if that would help Made sure all the pictures are compressed (Total size of site 3.95MB) I can log into to FTP ok and locate the same web folder I have been saving in My host has run a test page their end and logged in using my FTP password Loaded Wi...

I just got office 2007 help!
After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? Everything else went to 2007 "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6D0578-01E5-4E49-BCC1-A1B2B3A1AD69@microsoft.com... > After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each > utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? > Everything else went to 2007 You need to uninstall Outlook 2003 first...... Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install ...

Leading zero in zip code won't print
I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J. which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this. Any help please?? Thanks Are you using excel as your database and using mailmerge in MSWord? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne B...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

Publisher 97 Startup Error
When I start up Publisher 97 recently, I have been getting a undialog.cpp error. How do I stop this happening? The only reference we can find to this error is in conjunction with ZoomText and how it handles clipart. Undialog.cpp Error Message When inserting clipart into a Microsoft Office application with ZoomText running, the Office app would display an "Undialog.cpp" error. This problem has been fixed in version 7.01. http://www.aisquared.com/Support/Index.htm My recommendation would be to re-install Publisher in safe mode. It is a programming error. Compact your Gallery, righ...

Unable to re-install Publisher 2000 from Student CDs
Having had to re-install all my Office programmes from 2000 - 2003 I am unable to reinstall Publisher from the 2000 disc 2. I managed to install Access 2000 from disc 1 and the clip art for disc 2 Ok. I have always had the programme, ever since purchasing the student edition when at college. Now what appears is a Red X against the Publisher programme. Checking Add/Remove I note that I downloaded an auto update of Publisher 2000 (KB950682):MSPUB after reisnalling the updates of Office 2000, Office XP (2002), and Office 2003 basic programmes. I'd like my Publisher back. Any suggestio...

Hi all, I have a question regarding the loading speed of forms. I have about 6 forms in my database, each is loaded with lot of controls and VBA driven action that calls numerous queries. So as expected, they do take a while to load, 10 - 30 seconds. For some remote desktop users, it usually take even longer. These forms, however, do not have any onLoad. procedures. All the code are in click of buttons of afterUpdate of dropdown menu and others. The interesting thing is, these form load much much faster (3 secs) when one form opens the next, instead of manually open it from the database wind...

HELP!! Formula for calculating overtime
I'm hoping someone can help me. I can't seem to figure out a formula to calculate OT for my staff. Regular hours per day are 7.5. I'm looking to create a formula for banking time which will break out in two columns hours worked over the regular 7.5 hours per day up to 11 hours per day, and in the second column the hours worked over 11 hours per day. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much!! Something like this Hours Bank1 Bank2 6 0 0 7.5 0 0 8.5 1 0 9.5 2 0 10.5 3 0 11.5 3.5 0.5 12.5 3.5 1.5 13.5 3.5 2.5 14.5 3.5 3.5 15.5 3.5 4.5 assum...

Publish multiple OWA servers on single ISA
Hi, I have my setup as follows : Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <-> OWA1 server and OWA2 server ISA server has 1 ip address NAT'ed & OWA1 and OWA2 servers has one IP address each. I am under an impression that ISA can publish only one SSL enabled website. IS that correct ? How do i publish multiple SSL enabled websites on 443 ? Thanks in advance, On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:00:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have my setup as follows : > >Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <->...

error code "publisher cannot load files from a different version"
yes a popular error i know. but no i do not have norton basically the computer crashed, i had to reinstall everything, now previously made pub's on office 2k will no longer load on publisher 2k. or on another version of publisher 2k. i looked into the files and they do say publisher 3 embedded in the codes. i am at a loss as to what to do, i have hundreds of files , i havent checked them all of course Do an installer cleanup, Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

HELP -- XP Address Book: No Microsoft Solution Listed
What is the plain and step-by-step simple solution for this very annoying error: "A new entry could not be added. You must have a personal address book (PAB) to create an entry. Add a PAB to your profile using the E-mail accounts command on the Tools Menu." It doesn't allow me to create one!!! Even when I do this: right click on my contacts folder, click on 'Properties', then 'Outlook address book' tab. The option 'show this folder as an email address book' is blanked out and not available for me to check or uncheck. HELP You first. What is it t...

How do I get my website created with publisher to show properly
Can you help, please I'm desperate: i created my website in publisher 2003, it seems to work great in IE, i'v gotten it to work in Opera, Mozilla etc., but I'm having problems with the bottom nav buttons, they won't work, the nav on the left side does. Is there a way of me importing my website into another program so I can make changes and update in an easy manner? Thanks any help would be much appreciated. I presume that the bottom navbar works when viewed with IE, but doesn't when you use another browser. One workaround I know about is to replace the bottom navb...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

Help needed with Circular References
Hi, I am developing a Excel based solution and that requires circular reference in the formulas. However I am ok with setting the limit that each cell be calculated only once. My question is what the order of recalculating cells is. Is it row first starting from A1 or column first starting from A1 or is it the order of entering the cell formulas? Depending upon the order in which the cells are calculated results can change. For example, if the formulas in the cells A1 to A5 are as follows (value in the bracket indicates initial value when formula is entered): A1: A5+1 (1) A2: A1+1 ...

Countif help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help offered. I have a table with GPA's and need to calculate the different ranges. I have the function for 3.0 an above and less than 2.5. I am having trouble figuring out the formul to count how many students are in the range of 2.50-2.99. I thought I could do this: =countif(f2:f406, ">=2.5+<=2.99") I get "0" as a result. any help is appreciated : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You can use Sumproduct... =SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F406>=2.5),--(F2:F406<=2.99)) Hope this helps -- Message posted from h...

HELP! #18

printing duplex (both sides)
How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone have any ideas? Robinson wrote: > How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie > both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on > Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone > have any ideas? This is an issue with your printer driver. Your printer driver on the OS prior to XP supported duplexing. Now that you have Windows XP, the drivers have changed and your current driver do...

RMS POS crashing just before receipt prints
I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0 SP3. they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the Database>Registers>Properties window. when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before the receipt prints. It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range. The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5] Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK. I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea...

IE 8 and MS Publisher
Hello My website created using publisher and viewing with IE6 looked fantastic, but since I upgraded to IE 8 all the menu buttons have disappeared. The navagatability of my website is now moot. How can I fix this? Thanks ! -- Phyllis The only compatibility issues with Publisher 2003 and 2007 webs and IE8 RTW reported thus far are problems associated with 'grouping'. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both ...