Help, photo won't print

I scanned a photo that is a weird shape, it's a rectangle with an inset
picture that is a square sitting on the top left.  It's from a magazine
article that I have permission to reprint in my newsletter.  Because of the
strange shape and I wanted text to wrap close to the inset picture on top, I
created a transparent area so that the text would wrap close to the picture.
Now, when we try to print that page, we get an X and a blank area where the
picture is supposed to be.  Is there any way for me to get this picture to
print?  It was scanned in Photoshop Elements and I saved it as a jpeg.

Thanks,
Kristie

0
kmcochran (1)

Kristie Cochran wrote:
> I scanned a photo that is a weird shape, it's a rectangle with an
> inset picture that is a square sitting on the top left.  It's from a
> magazine article that I have permission to reprint in my newsletter.
> Because of the strange shape and I wanted text to wrap close to the
> inset picture on top, I created a transparent area so that the text
> would wrap close to the picture. Now, when we try to print that page,
> we get an X and a blank area where the picture is supposed to be.  Is
> there any way for me to get this picture to print?  It was scanned in
> Photoshop Elements and I saved it as a jpeg.
>
> Thanks,
> Kristie

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher - suggest you check the
print settings in your printer driver...

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

0
perditax1 (68)

Help for ICT Gcse c/w
Hi Basically I am making a model for my ICT coursework (AQA), it's about dog training courses for a vets surgery. For part of it, we have to work out the minimum number of dogs needed for a course to run (has to be less than �50). I have made a table, which links to other worksheets.. No. of dogs: Cost per course: Cost per dog: Can course run? 1 �348.35 �348.35 No 2 �350.60 �175.30 No 3 �352.85 �117.62 No 4 �355.10 �88.78 No 5 �357.35 �71.47 No 6 �359.60 �59.93 No 7 �361.85 �51.69 No 8 �364.10 �45.51 Yes 9 �366.35 �40.71 Yes ...

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

Printing a spreadsheet contained in an Outlook message
Within my company, I have multiple locations that report daily counts. I set up an Excel spreadsheet that captures all of this information. The file is set up and saved using the "Send To -> Mail Recipient" feature so the locations only have to plug in their numbers and click "Send this Sheet" so that the message is sent in it's open status rather than as a document (this is definitely easier for those who use this). This works very well for reporting purposes, but when those receiving the message want to print the message, Outlook does not seem to recogn...

Divide by 0 Help
=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. Check your earlier post. On 05/17/2010 06:48, joey_boy wrote: > =(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > > Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 > Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. joey_boy wrote: >=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > >Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 >Error in any of the c...

I just got office 2007 help!
After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? Everything else went to 2007 "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6D0578-01E5-4E49-BCC1-A1B2B3A1AD69@microsoft.com... > After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each > utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? > Everything else went to 2007 You need to uninstall Outlook 2003 first...... Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install ...

Leading zero in zip code won't print
I just tried to print a Christmas list many of whom live in N.J. which has many zip codes that start with a zero. They don't print. This is with Office 2003. That has to be a fix for this. Any help please?? Thanks Are you using excel as your database and using mailmerge in MSWord? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne B...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

Hi all, I have a question regarding the loading speed of forms. I have about 6 forms in my database, each is loaded with lot of controls and VBA driven action that calls numerous queries. So as expected, they do take a while to load, 10 - 30 seconds. For some remote desktop users, it usually take even longer. These forms, however, do not have any onLoad. procedures. All the code are in click of buttons of afterUpdate of dropdown menu and others. The interesting thing is, these form load much much faster (3 secs) when one form opens the next, instead of manually open it from the database wind...

HELP!! Formula for calculating overtime
I'm hoping someone can help me. I can't seem to figure out a formula to calculate OT for my staff. Regular hours per day are 7.5. I'm looking to create a formula for banking time which will break out in two columns hours worked over the regular 7.5 hours per day up to 11 hours per day, and in the second column the hours worked over 11 hours per day. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much!! Something like this Hours Bank1 Bank2 6 0 0 7.5 0 0 8.5 1 0 9.5 2 0 10.5 3 0 11.5 3.5 0.5 12.5 3.5 1.5 13.5 3.5 2.5 14.5 3.5 3.5 15.5 3.5 4.5 assum...

HELP -- XP Address Book: No Microsoft Solution Listed
What is the plain and step-by-step simple solution for this very annoying error: "A new entry could not be added. You must have a personal address book (PAB) to create an entry. Add a PAB to your profile using the E-mail accounts command on the Tools Menu." It doesn't allow me to create one!!! Even when I do this: right click on my contacts folder, click on 'Properties', then 'Outlook address book' tab. The option 'show this folder as an email address book' is blanked out and not available for me to check or uncheck. HELP You first. What is it t...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

Help needed with Circular References
Hi, I am developing a Excel based solution and that requires circular reference in the formulas. However I am ok with setting the limit that each cell be calculated only once. My question is what the order of recalculating cells is. Is it row first starting from A1 or column first starting from A1 or is it the order of entering the cell formulas? Depending upon the order in which the cells are calculated results can change. For example, if the formulas in the cells A1 to A5 are as follows (value in the bracket indicates initial value when formula is entered): A1: A5+1 (1) A2: A1+1 ...

Countif help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help offered. I have a table with GPA's and need to calculate the different ranges. I have the function for 3.0 an above and less than 2.5. I am having trouble figuring out the formul to count how many students are in the range of 2.50-2.99. I thought I could do this: =countif(f2:f406, ">=2.5+<=2.99") I get "0" as a result. any help is appreciated : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You can use Sumproduct... =SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F406>=2.5),--(F2:F406<=2.99)) Hope this helps -- Message posted from h...

HELP! #18

Outlook photo attachments
When I receive a message with photo attachements, I am using ME and outlook 2000, I get the following message when I attempt to open the photos. The file C:/windows\temporary internet files\***\**.jPg (**being the file name and photo name) does not ahve a program associated with it for this action. To create an association double click MY Computer on your desktop. on the view menue, click options, and then click file types. When I open my computer I do not have an options in the view menue. when I attempt to ope file types in the tools under file folder I have several choices and I and...

RMS POS crashing just before receipt prints
I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0 SP3. they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the Database>Registers>Properties window. when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before the receipt prints. It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range. The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5] Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK. I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea...

printing duplex (both sides)
How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone have any ideas? Robinson wrote: > How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie > both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on > Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone > have any ideas? This is an issue with your printer driver. Your printer driver on the OS prior to XP supported duplexing. Now that you have Windows XP, the drivers have changed and your current driver do...

[ANN] Entourage Help Blog
For News, Views and Clues abut Entourage visit the Entourage Help Blog. We are a group of long-time Entourage users who enjoy sharing our expertise with anyone who wants to make better use of Entourage. We�ve started by doing some reminiscing about Claris Emailer and the revolt on the Emailer Talk. If you have any memories to share, please add your comments. If you are wondering what the heck has Claris Emailer got to do with Entourage, then read about how Entourage got it�s start. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.en...

Duplex Printing collation incorrect
I'm running Office2010 64-bit on Windows7 64-bit. My printer is a HP OfficeJet L7780 connected wirelessly. When I print duplex using the settings on the File (backstage) tab the collation comes out incorrect. For example a 8 page document comes out 2/1, 4/3, 6/5, 8/7. This means that I've got to go through the document and turn over each page. If, on the File tab, I click on the Printer Properties link and set it up for duplex printing the pages come out correctly 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. ...

help 08-15-10
HELLO I NEED HELP EVERY TIME I SEND AN EMAIL appears ERROR pop3 Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. I can't see it from here. And please lose the CAPS. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "adriana" <adrianariverah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e9fFflBPLHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > HELLO I NEED HELP EVERY TIME I SEND AN EMAIL appears ERROR pop3 ...

Please Help (Urgent)
I'm using windows XP with Microsoft Excel 97. The problem happened when i lo gin as a guest account. When i add new buttons in the toolbar in excel, it w ill dissappeared after i reboot my pc or close the Excel. But everything is fine when i login as an administrator. What changes i should make to overcom e this problem in the guest accout?Thank you. -- jyang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jyang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26017 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Help with Excel 2007 Interface programming
I need to do 2 things... 1) Capture data input into a cell prior to hitting Enter. 2) Create a box under the cursor (like when you start typing a formula into a cell and Excel displays the resulting possibilities). If you can opoint me in the right direction, I can figure it out from there. THANKS! Sounds like you are after a WorkSheet_Change event for the first question? This will fire after data was entered but can tell you what was entered. For the second question, depending what you want to show, you may be able to use a Data Validation input message or a popup menu. But...

Need help with locking columns
I am trying to lock columns A, F, and H on Sheet1 so that when a user opens the workbook, these 3 columns are locked for any editing, however, I want the user to be able to edit any thing else on the sheet. I need help with the code. thanks Al Al, Try this. Select all cells by clicking the box above the 1 of row 1. Right click anywhere on the sheet Format Cells - Protection Tab and un-check 'Locked' - OK Select your 3 columns by holding down CTRL and clicking on the column header of each column Right click in one of the selected columns and repeat the formatti...

New to formula's HELP #2
Column 1 DR Experience (5) Column 2 Suspensions (1) Column 3 @ fault loss (2) Seperate grid legend says you start @ step 0 which is 100 % of a tota $ premium if end on 0. You can go up 15 steps with each charging mor than 100 % of total $ premium. OR you can go down 15 steps with eac charging less than 100%. Going down is in multiples of 5 % and up i multiples of 10 %. IE. as above I started on 0...I went down 5 fo Dr experience which is a (-5 step =75% of a total premium of 1800.00) Then I go up 1 step for a suspension which is (-4 step=80% of tota 1800.00) then I go up 10 steps for ...