Help, No pictures in Pub 2003

I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my document.
Does anyone know how I can fix that?

Thanks

0
lnerbonne (7)

Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written:
> I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my
> document. Does anyone know how I can fix that?

View > Pictures...?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/17/2004 2:07:46 PM
when I open a Pub made file from another computer on my computer the
pictures in the publication do no display on my computer. You can see the
picture box ( blank ) and if I print it .. the pictures print. But it just
won't display the pictures. What can I try and do to solve this problem?

> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
> a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written:
>> I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my
>> document. Does anyone know how I can fix that?
>
> View > Pictures...?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
lnerbonne (7)
10/17/2004 3:34:13 PM
Did you check the setting as Ed suggested?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> when I open a Pub made file from another computer on my computer the
> pictures in the publication do no display on my computer. You can see the
> picture box ( blank ) and if I print it .. the pictures print. But it just
> won't display the pictures. What can I try and do to solve this problem?
>
> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
>> a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written:
>>> I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my
>>> document. Does anyone know how I can fix that?
>>
>> View > Pictures...?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/17/2004 3:39:17 PM
Yes I did..no luck

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you check the setting as Ed suggested?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> when I open a Pub made file from another computer on my computer the
>> pictures in the publication do no display on my computer. You can see the
>> picture box ( blank ) and if I print it .. the pictures print. But it
>> just won't display the pictures. What can I try and do to solve this
>> problem?
>>
>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
>>> a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written:
>>>
>>> View > Pictures...?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>>> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>>> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm
>>>

> ---

lnerbonne (7)
10/17/2004 3:41:47 PM
Although I have my doubts about this it's worth a shot - try clearing your
cache. In IE, Tools|Internet Options, select Delete files.

--

> Yes I did..no luck
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you check the setting as Ed suggested?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>> when I open a Pub made file from another computer on my computer the
>>> pictures in the publication do no display on my computer. You can see
>>> the picture box ( blank ) and if I print it .. the pictures print. But
>>> it just won't display the pictures. What can I try and do to solve this
>>> problem?
>>>
>>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message

>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/17/2004 3:50:19 PM
Maybe you didn't exactly follow Ed's suggestion. View > pictures > detailed display

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Yes I did..no luck
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you check the setting as Ed suggested?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>> when I open a Pub made file from another computer on my computer the pictures in
>>> the publication do no display on my computer. You can see the picture box (
>>> blank ) and if I print it .. the pictures print. But it just won't display the
>>> pictures. What can I try and do to solve this problem?
>>>
>>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message

>> ---

gsauer (5093)
10/17/2004 6:37:40 PM
Exactly the same problem here. Pictures don't display no matter what the
View > Pictures setting is on (some will show the outlines in the "Hide
Pictures" choice).

Also affects drawing objects, so outlines on drawn shapes aren't visible on
screen, but strangely fills in them are shown!

Computer has been re-installed today to attempt to clear this, all updates
etc. applied. Looked like it was sorted to begin with, but after opening a
file from someone else the pictures have vanished again. Printing still seems
OK though.

Already tried advice about clearing IE cache, but no use.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Maybe you didn't exactly follow Ed's suggestion. View > pictures > detailed display
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> > Yes I did..no luck
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Did you check the setting as Ed suggested?
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

> >> ---

Hooper (5)
10/17/2004 8:25:04 PM
Could this be a video driver issue? I had a problem about two years ago with
lines not showing up but they would print. I downloaded new drivers for my
graphics card and that fixed it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Adrian Hooper" <Adrian Hooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Exactly the same problem here. Pictures don't display no matter what the
> View > Pictures setting is on (some will show the outlines in the "Hide
> Pictures" choice).
>
> Also affects drawing objects, so outlines on drawn shapes aren't visible
> on
> screen, but strangely fills in them are shown!
>
> Computer has been re-installed today to attempt to clear this, all updates
> etc. applied. Looked like it was sorted to begin with, but after opening a
> file from someone else the pictures have vanished again. Printing still
> seems
> OK though.
>
> Already tried advice about clearing IE cache, but no use.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Maybe you didn't exactly follow Ed's suggestion. View > pictures >
>> detailed display
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> > Yes I did..no luck
>> >
>> > "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/17/2004 8:33:35 PM
No cause my video card is brand new and all up to date

>>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>>> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

> ---

lnerbonne (7)
10/17/2004 11:06:34 PM
(You'll have to excuse my chuckling over that one.) Just because a computer
is brand new does not mean that all of the drivers are up to date.

--

> No cause my video card is brand new and all up to date
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Could this be a video driver issue? I had a problem about two years ago
>> with lines not showing up but they would print. I downloaded new drivers
>> for my graphics card and that fixed it.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Adrian Hooper" <Adrian Hooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:259CAC70-D71F-4691-8BD5-6EEBCF340BA5@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>> Exactly the same problem here. Pictures don't display no matter what the
>>> View > Pictures setting is on (some will show the outlines in the "Hide
>>> Pictures" choice).
>>>
>>> Also affects drawing objects, so outlines on drawn shapes aren't visible
>>> on
>>> screen, but strangely fills in them are shown!
>>>
>>> Computer has been re-installed today to attempt to clear this, all
>>> updates
>>> etc. applied. Looked like it was sorted to begin with, but after opening
>>> file from someone else the pictures have vanished again. Printing still
>>> seems
>>> OK though.
>>>
>>> Already tried advice about clearing IE cache, but no use.

>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/18/2004 12:14:00 AM
Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written:
> No cause my video card is brand new and all up to date

Video drivers are not the same things as video cards.

Did you download the latest video drivers for your card from the website of
your video card manufacturer, or did you install the drivers from the CD-ROM
that came with your card?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/18/2004 6:08:49 AM
Hi Xeroid (lnerbonne@cogeco.ca),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| No cause my video card is brand new and all up to date

If you restart Windows in SAFE mode, do the pictures display properly in
Publisher?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/18/2004 5:42:21 PM
"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Could this be a video driver issue? I had a problem about two years ago with
> lines not showing up but they would print. I downloaded new drivers for my
> graphics card and that fixed it.

Now that's interesting - I was using the latest drivers, so I've removed
them, and now it works again! Looks like not having the manufacturers drivers
and software installed is the solution to this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Adrian
I have a similar problem. I install clip art and if I print the document
before saving they disappear. Sometimes when I pull up the document the next
day the clips are gone as well. The original that another person created
keeps all the clips in the right places. Anyone know how I can get the clips
to stay in the document?

>I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my document.
>Does anyone know how I can fix that?
>
> Thanks

0
stmarksec (2)
10/20/2004 5:11:44 PM
Have you tried updating/changing *your* graphics drivers? It worked for the
OP. There were also several other suggestions to try.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"stmarksec" <stmarksec@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I have a similar problem. I install clip art and if I print the document
>before saving they disappear. Sometimes when I pull up the document the
>next day the clips are gone as well. The original that another person
>created keeps all the clips in the right places. Anyone know how I can get
>the clips to stay in the document?
>

> "Xeroid" <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my document.
>>Does anyone know how I can fix that?
>>
>> Thanks

---

jl_amerson (3088)

Restoring Exchange 2003 Cluster to single server ????
We are testing Exchange 2003 in a disaser recovery test. Our live system runs 2 node Exchange 2003 cluster. We are planning a recovery to a single Exchange 2003 server with same name as the Exchange 2003 cluster in a test environment from tape backup. Has anybody every tried this befoe or can this be done ?? Help on this is much appreciated Hello, This is perfectly possible, since you're only restoring the database files. Just make sure that the name of the organization, name of the administrative group, logical names of the storage group and stores are identical to the ones used in y...

Using exchange server 2003 as an smtp server outside of the domain
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to setup exchange server as an smtp server so that I can use it to send mail from outside of its domain environment. basically i want to be able to send email from any computer not on the domain by using mail.mydomain.com . I'm not sure if the issue is actually related to something on exchange server 2003, or if it's DNS related issue. we do use OWA so wthat when we type in a web browser mail.mydomain.com it takes us to OWA. Right now if I try setting up a POP3 Account in Outlook and use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and SMTP servers it err...

Publisher 2003 Stlyes and Formatting
why does a selected Style revert to a default font after I close and then reopen my document? No, if you answer Yes that you want to save the changes. "janep" <janep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9242DFAB-5D9C-40C5-A8C1-8D339FCB2786@microsoft.com... > why does a selected Style revert to a default font after I close and then > reopen my document? > ...

Refresh Form
I have an interesting problem (maybe its not so interesting to the gurus who frequent this board :) ). Here is the back ground information: I have a form that contains tab controls and several sub forms. The main form contains a control that dictates what data is displayed on one of my sub forms via parameters in the query (data source). So, I have added some code to the "after update" event that looks like this: --------------------- me.form.refresh me.form.requery --------------------- I have also tried: --------------------- Me.[sub_form_control_name].Requery -----------...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

please help.. highly important...
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. somthing like : if (the cell's text is not an valid email address) { delete the cell ; } to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from scratch like how to put the function in the file and that.. thank you all very much.. Also posted in public.excel.misc "yakir" <yakir@discussions.microsof...

"ch" in XP Word 2003?
Using Word 2003 in XP Pro Sp3. Formatting paragraphs includes setting of line starts and separations (vertical). All page settings are in mm, but in Formatting, they read in values which likely seems to be in inches, followed by "ch"! My question is: What does this "ch" mean? And secondly, how can I get changes written in mm to remain in mm? They seem to always change back into an inchlike measure followed by "ch". gasman See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Al...

a little help with finding and associating cells
ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another column...... is that even remotely possible??? any help would be greatly appreciated.... -- rcarrollct ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rcarrollct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384671 It's called VLOOKUP. http://www.offi...

money 2003 will not open
I am trying to install money 2003 on a dell 933 desktop. I can get every other program in the works programs to work, (encarta, word etc but not money - it keeps getting that error report message and then if I try to start it it still gives me the error report-i have unloaded and reloaded several times-I have run regclean, regvac system mechanic etc to no avail. pleas help gary the error signature is AppVer 11.0.0.716 ModName:kernel32.dll ModVer 5.1.2600.2180 Offset:0001eb33 I found the answer to my question - it was a registry problem that required me to run : regsvr32 c:\wind...

I can not see all contents in one cell. Help me pls!
Please help me! By default when I write some text in cell and the text is longer then cell's width, I can not see his contents in next cells. But in one excel file when I sellect all cells in worksheet and then draging them it can no longer seen all contents in one cell. What I should to do? Thank you in advance! If you have wraptext turned on (format|cells|alignment tab), then the cell will expand its rowheight to show you all the data. (unless you use merged cells or have adjusted the rowheight manually). If you have wraptext turned off, then the text will overflow to the cell to ...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Includes April Rollup Fixes?
Can I assume this is the case? ...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Backup help
I'm planning to make a backup routine for an application. My idea is as follows: 1. Make a backup of the whole application once a day. 2. Keep those backups saved for 3 months. 3. When the fourth month starts, delete all backups from the first month, except the one from the first day of that month. 4. When the fourth year starts, delete all backups from the first year. Is that a good strategy? Thanks in advance, John That is good except that you are not really keeping three months/years of backups because on the first day of the fourth month/year, you are deleting the first m...

publisher add picture show
Hello, does anyone know how to add a slide show or movie to a publisher document? why? - ink cannot move. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "cosmo" <cosmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EF7638A-FC6C-437E-99E8-BFD272C4F1DA@microsoft.com... | Hello, does anyone know how to add a slide show or movie to a publisher | document? ...

Money 2003 #43
I have installed Money 2003 after having used Money 99 for three years. I use Money to print my checks each month. Now with 2003, I get no highlighted "print checks" icon, so, printing is impossible. I've tried reinstalling Money 2003, but it still doesn't work, and I can't get 2003 off my computer. What to do? John See if http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91 helps. "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5c01c48e9c$6966e590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Money 2003 after having used Money 99 > for three y...

Exchange design
Please help with following scenario Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office. Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so th...

Subject Line in Outlook 2003
In my OL2003 the middle pane of the main view shows my Inbox where all messages are listed. It shows the sender, the time when the message was received and the file size. How can I customize this to include the subject line as well? Thanks Sitara If you use right click on Arranged By, what do you show as the active view? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Outlook 2003 #141
I am using outlook 2003 at home to access my Pop3 mail account with Southwestern Bell. The issue I am having is that whenever I hit the send and receive button it continually pops with a logon information box. I can click ok past this and watch the send and receive progress in the lower left corner. It will go a few more % then the box pops up again and again until it finally finishes the send/receive. It will then have an error that my username and password maybe wrong. I have confirmed with SBC that everything on my end is correct. I can log onto there website and retrieve my...

UK -> CANADA / Money 2001 -> 2003
Hi, I am running the UK version of Money 2001 small business on my pc and would like to keep maintainnig my UK business and private records in this. I have recently moved to Canada and would like to start using Money for my Canadian affairs, this ofcourse is not possible in the UK version so I will need to aquire a Canadian version of Money 2003 for this purpose. Question : Can the Money 2001 UK version co-exist with the Money 2003 Canadian version, without creating conflicts with files etc. ?? Thanks Richard ...

Updating a Bank of America Account Help
This is my first time using MS Money 2005 Premium, and I need asisstance on how to update my Bank of America account. When I went through the wizard for setting up the bank account I entered everything it requested everything set up right I can see both my savings and checking account, but the problem is updating. When I try to update it, it doesn't do anything. Does MS Money even support automatic update from Bank of America? Please Help Thanks in Advance I think it depends on how Bank of America works their updates. I bank with Wells Fargo and the auto update does not work either. I...