Help me please - Converting file formats for Publisher

Hi
All my Publisher files created using Publisher under ME have converted
themselves to .php extension files now that I'm running XP.  I don't know
how this has happened or whether it has anything to do with the change in
operating system but does anyone know how I can convert them back so that
Publisher can read them??  Any help or suggestions gratefully received as I
need these documents urgently.
Thanks
Miranda

0
miranda1 (3)

Hi
Thanks for replying to my plea for help.  It could be that my Publisher
files have been opened by Picture It because it is on my computer, although
not used (by me).  I have 5 kids who have access and one of them may have
opened a Publisher file with Picture It :(
If this is the case, what do I do now??  I still need to open & edit the
documents with Publisher.
Any further suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks
Miranda
"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> .php extensions are from Picture It. Are you certain you are not asking
about Home
> Publisher?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://dgl.microsoft.com/
> http://mvps.org/msauer/
> "Miranda Chaloner" <miranda@miranda.vispa.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > All my Publisher files created using Publisher under ME have converted
> > themselves to .php extension files now that I'm running XP.  I don't
know
> > how this has happened or whether it has anything to do with the change
in
> > operating system but does anyone know how I can convert them back so
that
> > Publisher can read them??  Any help or suggestions gratefully received
as I
> > need these documents urgently.
> > Thanks
> > Miranda

0
miranda1 (3)
7/31/2003 4:35:03 PM
If they are truly Publisher files, you can rename them with the pub extension or try
this, right-click one of the documents, properties, opens with... change. I have had
every Windows since 3.0, never have I had the OS change a Publisher document
extension.

--
> Hi
> Thanks for replying to my plea for help.  It could be that my Publisher
> files have been opened by Picture It because it is on my computer, although
> not used (by me).  I have 5 kids who have access and one of them may have
> opened a Publisher file with Picture It :(
> If this is the case, what do I do now??  I still need to open & edit the
> documents with Publisher.
> Any further suggestions gratefully received.
> Thanks
> Miranda
> "Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> > .php extensions are from Picture It. Are you certain you are not asking
> about Home
> > Publisher?
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://dgl.microsoft.com/
> > http://mvps.org/msauer/
> > "Miranda Chaloner" <miranda@miranda.vispa.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > All my Publisher files created using Publisher under ME have converted
> > > themselves to .php extension files now that I'm running XP.  I don't
> know
> > > how this has happened or whether it has anything to do with the change
> in
> > > operating system but does anyone know how I can convert them back so
> that
> > > Publisher can read them??  Any help or suggestions gratefully received
> as I
> > > need these documents urgently.
> > > Thanks
> > > Miranda

0
laserdog (1122)
7/31/2003 6:00:06 PM
About the only other suggestion I can offer is to recover the text from the documents
in Word. I cannot even guarantee you can do this if the files are images. Did one of
the children open the Publisher Document and convert it to an image? Can you open the
files in Picture It?

In Word, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file"

--
> Hi Brian
> Thanks for replying.  I have tried to change the extensions by renaming them
> but Publisher still cannot open them.  In fact if I rename a file with the
> *.pub extension and then try to Open With....Publisher it just says that it
> can't locate the file. (I have attached a screen shot so you can see
> exactly) Which seems pretty strange when I right clicked it in the first
> place.
> If you have a moment please read the reply I sent to Mary Sauer and if you
> have any ideas please let me know.
> Thanks for your time and interest
> Miranda
>
> "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Read my reply to you.

0
laserdog (1122)
7/31/2003 10:34:53 PM
Thanks Mary,  I'll give it a try.  At least I actually have the printed
documents and the pictures and graphics available.  So I can at least
re-create it all.  Loads of work though!  I just wish I could understand
what had happened to cause it.  Anyhow next time I will definitely keep a
back-up!!
Regards

> About the only other suggestion I can offer is to recover the text from
the documents
> in Word. I cannot even guarantee you can do this if the files are images.
Did one of
> the children open the Publisher Document and convert it to an image? Can
you open the
> files in Picture It?
>
> In Word, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://dgl.microsoft.com/
> http://mvps.org/msauer/
> "Miranda Chaloner" <miranda@miranda.vispa.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Brian
> > Thanks for replying.  I have tried to change the extensions by renaming
them
> > but Publisher still cannot open them.  In fact if I rename a file with
the
> > *.pub extension and then try to Open With....Publisher it just says that
it
> > can't locate the file. (I have attached a screen shot so you can see
> > exactly) Which seems pretty strange when I right clicked it in the first
> > place.
> > If you have a moment please read the reply I sent to Mary Sauer and if
you
> > have any ideas please let me know.
> > Thanks for your time and interest
> > Miranda
> >
> > "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Read my reply to you.

0
miranda1 (3)
7/31/2003 10:47:04 PM
I reckon you had MS WORKS? Included in that is HOME PUBLISHING? Home
publishing files have a .php extension.
Home publishing & Publisher are two different programs.
Similar name from same company......... just enough to fool every one.
Get a copy of works & just install the HOME publisher bit. They can & do
work on the same computer together without problems.
BruceM..

"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> About the only other suggestion I can offer is to recover the text from
the documents
> in Word. I cannot even guarantee you can do this if the files are images.
Did one of
> the children open the Publisher Document and convert it to an image? Can
you open the
> files in Picture It?
>
> In Word, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://dgl.microsoft.com/
> http://mvps.org/msauer/
> "Miranda Chaloner" <miranda@miranda.vispa.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Brian
> > Thanks for replying.  I have tried to change the extensions by renaming
them
> > but Publisher still cannot open them.  In fact if I rename a file with
the
> > *.pub extension and then try to Open With....Publisher it just says that
it
> > can't locate the file. (I have attached a screen shot so you can see
> > exactly) Which seems pretty strange when I right clicked it in the first
> > place.
> > If you have a moment please read the reply I sent to Mary Sauer and if
you
> > have any ideas please let me know.
> > Thanks for your time and interest
> > Miranda
> >
> > "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Read my reply to you.

0
bruce9950 (3)
8/1/2003 9:40:50 AM
Was it Home Publisher Miranda?? Please advise??
BruceM

"BruceM" <bruce9950@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I reckon you had MS WORKS? Included in that is HOME PUBLISHING? Home
> publishing files have a .php extension.
> Home publishing & Publisher are two different programs.
> Similar name from same company......... just enough to fool every one.
> Get a copy of works & just install the HOME publisher bit. They can & do
> work on the same computer together without problems.
> BruceM..
>

> "Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> > About the only other suggestion I can offer is to recover the text from
> the documents
> > in Word. I cannot even guarantee you can do this if the files are
images.
> Did one of
> > the children open the Publisher Document and convert it to an image? Can
> you open the
> > files in Picture It?
> >
> > In Word, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any
file"

> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://dgl.microsoft.com/
> > http://mvps.org/msauer/
> > "Miranda Chaloner" <miranda@miranda.vispa.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Brian
> > > Thanks for replying.  I have tried to change the extensions by
renaming
> them
> > > but Publisher still cannot open them.  In fact if I rename a file with
> the
> > > *.pub extension and then try to Open With....Publisher it just says
that
> it
> > > can't locate the file. (I have attached a screen shot so you can see
> > > exactly) Which seems pretty strange when I right clicked it in the
first
> > > place.
> > > If you have a moment please read the reply I sent to Mary Sauer and if
> you
> > > have any ideas please let me know.
> > > Thanks for your time and interest
> > > Miranda
> > >
> > > "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
bruce9950 (3)

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

Looking for Excel Help

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

File size #11

find action on log file

conditional formatting sort

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Please help #8

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

Help with importing data