HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.

hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the
newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11".  When i set the paper
size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22"....
which consists of two A3 size papers....  how can i correct this so that
each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle?

also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer
setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of
the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it looks like the
layout is magnified which some words in the rightmost and leftmost are
cropped out.

also, in the middle of the newsletter (as a centerfold), il be printing a
map that consists of two pages = 1 A3 size. how can i do this that when i
print it, it will not be cut short in the middle.

pls help! btw, the printer has A3 compatibility. M going to use a "DEVELOP
INEO 250, a konica minolta family" PRINTER. my BROTHER DCP-155C can print A3
but it will drain my ink too much.

i hope the solution doesn't entitles me to set the paper size to A3
landscape and rearrange the layout again because the newsletter has 20 pages.
 It will be hard for me to print it in back-to-back or duplex printing<?>.

Thanks........

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1123-1.aspx
0
you (1)

franco ramillano wrote:
> hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the
> newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11".

11" x 17" isn't A3 sized, it's US Tabloid sized.

A3 size is 297mm x 420mm.

 > When i set the paper
 > size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to
 > h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers....  how can i correct
 > this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined
 > in the middle?

You fail to mention your version of Publisher... In Publisher 2003 and
2002, go to File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Set the paper size to
the size you are using (either Tabloid or A3). Then go to the Layout
tab, and select Booklet.

In Publisher 2007, you have to go to File > Print Setup and set the
paper size to the size you are using (Tabloid or A3). Then go to File >
Page Setup, and set the layout to either A4 booklet or Letter booklet
(these sizes refer to the finished page size rather than the printed
paper size).

> also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders?

Publisher only prints what your printer can print. You don't "set
Publisher up" to print borderless, you set your printer up...

> in my printer
> setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of
> the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it looks like the
> layout is magnified which some words in the rightmost and leftmost are
> cropped out.

You could try resizing your document slightly so that the enlargement
brings the edge of the document to the edge of the paper. Or see if
there's an option to adjust the amount of overspray.

> also, in the middle of the newsletter (as a centerfold), il be printing a
> map that consists of two pages = 1 A3 size. how can i do this that when i
> print it, it will not be cut short in the middle.

Simply place the map onto the booklet page.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

vlookup help #11
I have a worksheet with over 30K records. I am using a Vlookup in Sheet A , for 4 columns and then dragging it down. (totallly 120K apprx) It looks something like this in the Macro : "=VLOOKUP(C[-2],acc!C[-5]:C[7],3,FALSE)" however, It slows the application a lot. Is there an alternative? You may find it easier to add a column to be used for the index into that column. For instance (your ranges will vary): =match(a2,acc!a:e,0) (say in C2) This will return the matching row. Then use that in the next 4 columns: In D2: =index(acc!b:b,c2) In E2: =index(acc!c:c,c2) in F2: =ind...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

please help #12
Hi, If somebody knew, please let me know, is it possible to su automaticaly numbers from different sheets in an workbook? For exampl if you have 30 sheets and want to sum the numbers which are i square(i'm not sure for this word) wtih address H31 but in differen sheets - how you may do this? Thank you in advance. Regards, Cveti Soryy for my bad english : -- tzvet ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tzveti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3256 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

Printing from binder
Does any one know why I have been unsuccessful in printing from my binder? The contents of the binder are shown as spooling to the printer. No documents in the binder are in edit mode. Documents print ok outside the binder. At present I am using Office 2000. Many Thanks, Geo ...

help with crazy problem
Hi, I'm building an application using MFC in Visual Studio 2003 on an XP machine. I am building the executable to use MFC as a static library. I use API calls somewhat liberally in the app. When I copy the app over to a Win98SE test system and attempt to run it, a call to CreateFile fails with the error code 87 (ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER). I have tried every combination of flags that I can think of, and it still fails. I put Visual C++ 6.0 on the 98SE test system (wouldn't let me put VS2003 on there), and created a test app and I'm hard pressed to find a combination of flag...

help! dimension members how to not be selected by default
for a dimension in pivot table,imagining only several of its members are what I am interested to concern;if some new members are added into this dimension when refreash the pivot table,I find these new members are selected automatically, this is an annoyance since I just want to see specific members not new ones. Is this an Excel config option to pre-select new members? Can this option be turned off? thanks ...

Interactive Web Frame Size
Does anyone know of a way to increase the size of the Excel spreadsheet that is displayed in the web page when a file is saved as a web html and interactive is selected? I would like to be able to see more of the Excel spreadsheet without scrolling within the Excel window. Any ideas? Thanks, Christi ...

Can't print web documents
If I open a document from, say, http://www.domain.com/document.xls, using the address field in Outlook's Web toolbar, print is not available. Open the same document in Internet Explorer and print is a viable option. This happens with any Office document. However, print feature works fine with any other type of documents - .pdf files work with no problems. Any suggestions? ...

Font Size in Outlook 2003 Too Large
When I open Outlook to compose an email, the font size that is displayed while I'm typing is large, probably at an 18 font size (I am using Word as my editor). When I send the message and then look at it in the sent folder, the font is not enlarged. In the sent folder the font size corresponds to the setting that is shown on the toolbar while I am typing. It seems that the only place that the font is out of whack is on the display. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? Thanks for your help. You're probably zoomed in. Hold down the CTRL key and roll the wheel o...

Please, need help with multiple "if" conditions
This spreadsheet has 5 columns. In Column B, "District," you input the number of a school district. There are 20 districts, so these will between 1 and 20, inclusive. Each district will appear many times in the column (there are over 1,500 rows). Now: Dave is assigned to districts 1,3,4,6,9,17 and 18. Bill is assigned to districts 2,5,11,12,14,15 and 20 Mary is assigned to districts 7,8,10,13,16 and 19. (I'm guessing at these assignments - the actual assignments may be slightly different) What I need to do is configure this spreadsheet so that when the district number is ent...

HELP: Trying to Automate Documention Content
Greetings--new user; first post! I have a rather sophisticated feature I'm trying to do in Word, but don't know how to accomplish. I'm a technical writer and produce the user manuals for our company. One product has sixteen different variations of the same manual, 95% of which is the same with subtle differences peppered throughout the document. I have a new manager who has asked me to automate the structure of the document so we have one manual that can be constructed as any one of the sixteen variants on the fly. I don't know how to do this in Word. The ...

TILE can help you to edit RMS or POS 2009 items in seconds
TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. With TILE, you will simply open your RMS records in a grid-like view (as we have in MS-Excel), quickly apply one or more filters, use your mouse to select the records, right-click, enter the desired value and update. All 100 records will be updated in a flash! For details, visit: http://www.24sevencart.com/tile.htm On Apr 22, 4:55=A0pm, Mark Antonio <antonio.mark...@gmail.com> wrote: > TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. > With TILE, you will simply open your RMS recor...

Slow Printing
Printing from Publisher to a Lanier (Ricoh) LD024c takes over a minute for a page with color pictures. Printing from Word takes 2 or 3 seconds. I've tried changing some settings but haven't been able to figure out why only Publisher documents are a problem. Can anyone suggest some things to try? Thanks. Publisher is more graphic intensive than a Word document. A minute isn't all that long if you have many images in your publication. Go to the Ricoh web site, there might be a newer driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Report
When I print a report I don't want the page footer to print at the end of the report I only want the report footer to print The page header must print on each page. The report is for a donation report. Grouped off donation Id, can have any number of items on each report 1 to xxx,xxx,x though the maxiumum so far is 25 items. which rolls the report to 2 pages. The report footer contains a signature block and also the same line as the page footer. Page footer (="Print Date: "&Now() ="page" & [Page]&" of "&[Pages] Dwa...

Fitting drawing onto printed page.
Only the bottom half of the drawing is being printed. I have searched and tried several options without success. How do I fit the drawing onto the printable page? the usual responses are a.) make sure you have the latest visio fixes applied b.) make sure you have the latest printer drivers c.) menu file => page setup => page size (either same as printer or size to fit...) al "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A123CF-7141-468B-A3C0-686057449C6B@microsoft.com... > Only the bottom half of the drawing is being printed. I have se...

Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing c #2
Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing cycle Is there a way to print a customer statement or similar report before closing billing cycle? None of the reports available would show/print a statement. Anyideas or suggestions? Thanks In Manager go to journal menu and choose Close Billing cycle. On the screen that pops up select Reprint Customer Statement in the Option box at the top. This will allow you to print a statement by date range without closing the cycle. It will warn you that you are closing the cycle but it really isn't when you just reprint so you c...

need set up help kinda quickly
I am using gmail anf yahoo. i understand that Windows mail will not work with yahoo unless its a premium account. Is this true? Please help me set this up in as much detail as possible. Do i need a windows mail account? New to this and tried making it work on my own but i keep getting error message upon sending. So i prefer to just set up from scratch. Thanks Windows Mail is just a program. It doesn't offer accounts. You get the = mail accounts (which can be used in Windows Mail) elsewhere, typically from your ISP or a free mail provider like Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, or Yaho...

Dynamic chart, OFFSET, #N/A Help
I have a dynamic line chart with 12 data series that each contains weekly data for 52 weeks, and set up as a combo box chart. Currently I have data for only 16 weeks, while the rest of the year is howing zero values. I changed the zero to #N/A to avoid plotting that on the graph, which worked fine, but the issue is the X axis. I have tried 2 options but neither produced what I needed. * I have used a formula to show the weeks as N/A if no data available on the next column. ** I used the OFFSET formula to creat a range, but both options plotted the #N/A on the X axis. How can I incorport...

Attachments do not show on the printed e-mail header??
There must be a way to configure my outlook e-mail settings so that when I receive or send an attachment it shows in the printed document. In the old outlook express an attachment would be shown clearly, and no matter what programs or settings a sender had. Don't tell me with the new Outlook this is not possible?!? I am really not giving up here! -- Anyone knows this on`? Ursula A. Ursula, Sorry to break your Heart http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277793 Wrecks "Ursula A." <UrsulaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CAEC9C6-...

FREE Help Desk software with Access source code
Am looking for FREE help desk software built in Access that comeswith the source code? I have found many free help desk softwareproduces and a couple built in Access but none with source code. Sofar the one I like best is called SomeHelp.Bob...

Catolog Merge not printing multiple records per page
I've set up a catalog merge in Publisher 2003 where the merge area is 1/4 the size of the page. The auto text above the box says "Area will repeat 2 down by 2 across," so I assumed that meant it should put 4 records on a page. Yet it doesn't do that. When I print, it just prints one record per page. I'm trying to capture research notes in a database app, and then merge to publisher so I can print them, cut them apart, and organize how I'd like to. Have you tried creating a new publication in step 5? How much data is in the fields? Are you mergin...

help with formula #10
hi, I want to calculated travelling cost depending on the days of travel. I have following data. (0-7)hrs-0$, (8-13)hrs-5$, (14-23)hrs-10$, 24hr-20$. Now suppose I started the travel on 12.05.08 at 16.38hrs and my journey ends on 16.05.08 at 11.30hrs, how can i calculate the money i am entitled to. I did it this way. *I used 24hrs time format in cell and subtracted 16.38hrs from it to get the no. of hrs of travel on first day. *Than i used the formula to calculate the (number of days between two dates)-1 to get the no.of days between the dates excluding first and second day. *Then I used...

How can I print specific pages in publisher in sequence like in W.
I want to be able to print specific pages in sequence (specifically so I can do back to back printing). This option is available in Word yet seems to be absent from Publisher. It is offered in Word as the 3rd print option whereas in Publisher it is not offered. Any help would be appreciated. When you select File, Print the Print window should allow you to choose from and to pages. -- Don Vancouver USA "Hair Traders" <Hair Traders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39CAAEF-2575-45C9-BCB2-DECA0AD02C5F@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to print speci...

help #2
When i try to create class for dialog boxes, property pages etc, the class wizard creates header files and implementation file (CPP) without any implementation coding. I use Visual Studio .NET 2002. Although i can code manually it is bit cumbersome. and variable addition to the class is also diabled. what may be the cause. ...