Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and

I am creating a recital program book.  It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with
pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color.  Over the years
others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for
print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the
pub for print pages were good).  Since I will be working on it, I want it to
be great!

I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already
set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it.  I need
something that I can create similar to a yearbook or recital program book.
Something that has multi-pages where I can create the ad's on these pages and
when done, move on to the next page.  I also need to be able to create
multiple sizes on one page.  For example, we have full page, 1/2 page, 1/4
page and 1/8 page available.  Therefore, I will end up with having multiple
requests for 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 page student good luck ad's.  So I wonder is
there any way I can pre-set up these sizes on one page as needed.  Like one
page w/two 1/2 sizes and one page with one 1/2 size and two 1/4 size, etc.  I
would also like to be a little creative on some of the pages instead of using
all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books that
have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you can see
the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once I get
the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the originals
that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that each
page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in proper
order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.

So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Publisher should be able to do the job.  You do have a printer that will
handle 11" x 17"?  You mentioned 11 x 14; or, are you planning to use 8�x14?

Select the page setup for a booklet and Publisher will add pages 4 at a time
when wanting to increase the number of pages.

A couple of tools you'll need are, a long arm stapler and a paper cutter.
When you fold multiple sheets of paper to create the booklet, the center
pages will extend farther out than the outer pages; the need for the paper
cutter.

As for the several ad sizes, just create your text boxes and image sizes to
the sizes wanted.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"okstout4" <okstout4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a recital program book.  It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with
> pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color.  Over the years
> others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications
> for
> print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the
> pub for print pages were good).  Since I will be working on it, I want it
> be great!
>
> I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already
> set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it.  I
> need
> something that I can create similar to a yearbook or recital program book.
> Something that has multi-pages where I can create the ad's on these pages
> and
> when done, move on to the next page.  I also need to be able to create
> multiple sizes on one page.  For example, we have full page, 1/2 page, 1/4
> page and 1/8 page available.  Therefore, I will end up with having
> multiple
> requests for 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 page student good luck ad's.  So I wonder is
> there any way I can pre-set up these sizes on one page as needed.  Like
> one
> page w/two 1/2 sizes and one page with one 1/2 size and two 1/4 size, etc.
> would also like to be a little creative on some of the pages instead of
> using
> all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books
> that
> have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you can
> see
> the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once I
> get
> the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the
> originals
> that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that
> each
> page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in
> proper
> order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.
>
> So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

0
Don
5/29/2010 9:41:00 PM
Don,  Thanks.  Sounds simple enough and I will try it.  I guess Im also
assuming that the program would also help me in placing stuff in the correct
spots.  I.e. in the center of the book would be a recital order listing.
Over the years its been two pages and its in the center of the book.  But in
any case, I will work w/this and see how it works out. I'm also assuming that
it will allow me to rearrange pages if needed?

As far as the ad sizes, guess I could do that but Im wondering if that is
really going to give me the correct size I need.  In the past when Ive made
things I just put whatever on a pre-created 1/2 page birthday card or 1/4
page multi-folded card.  I will try anything though!

To answer you question, no I dont have a printer that will support 11 x 17
paper (I thought it did and I could possibly get a feeder for it?).  That's
why when I do my final printouts I need them to be in the correct order so
that they can be handed directly to the printer to be put onto 11x17 paper.
They will probably do all they stapling, but I will tell the studio owner to
have them (or I can) cut the edges because they haven't been doing that.  I
think if these are going to be handed out they need to look good. :)

Any other suggestions for ad design I'd really appreciate from anyone.

Tina

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> [...]
> > would also like to be a little creative on some of the pages instead of
> > using
> > all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books
> > that
> > have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you can
> > see
> > the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once I
> > get
> > the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the
> > originals
> > that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that
> > each
> > page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in
> > proper
> > order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.
> >
> > So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

I also forgot to mention I have Publisher 2003.

"okstout4" wrote:

> [...]
> > > would also like to be a little creative on some of the pages instead of
> > > using
> > > all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books
> > > that
> > > have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you can
> > > see
> > > the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once I
> > > get
> > > the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the
> > > originals
> > > that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that
> > > each
> > > page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in
> > > proper
> > > order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.
> > >
> > > So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

You'll probably be handing the printer a .pdf not a bunch of paper.

There's a lot more to doing what you want to then you think but Publisher
can do it...I've done at least 20 theater programs in the past few years
with Publisher and have had them printed professionally and they came out
great. You'll need a friendly/helpful printer that doesn't mind helping a
noobie :-)...this is key.

One of the many things you will learn is that hardly anyone will provide you
with finished artwork ("camera ready art") they'll be giving you mostly a
bunch of junk and expect you to work miracles, so you will need an image
editor software like Photoshop or some other program similar...you won't be
able to do everything in Publisher.

Good luck!

hth

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> I also forgot to mention I have Publisher 2003.
>
> "okstout4" wrote:
>
>> Don,  Thanks.  Sounds simple enough and I will try it.  I guess Im also
>> assuming that the program would also help me in placing stuff in the
>> correct
>> spots.  I.e. in the center of the book would be a recital order listing.
>> Over the years its been two pages and its in the center of the book.  But
>> in
>> any case, I will work w/this and see how it works out. I'm also assuming
>> that
>> it will allow me to rearrange pages if needed?
>>
>> As far as the ad sizes, guess I could do that but Im wondering if that is
>> really going to give me the correct size I need.  In the past when Ive
>> made
>> things I just put whatever on a pre-created 1/2 page birthday card or 1/4
>> page multi-folded card.  I will try anything though!
>>
>> To answer you question, no I dont have a printer that will support 11 x
>> 17
>> paper (I thought it did and I could possibly get a feeder for it?).
>> That's
>> why when I do my final printouts I need them to be in the correct order
>> so
>> that they can be handed directly to the printer to be put onto 11x17
>> paper.
>> They will probably do all they stapling, but I will tell the studio owner
>> have them (or I can) cut the edges because they haven't been doing that.
>> think if these are going to be handed out they need to look good. :)
>>
>> Any other suggestions for ad design I'd really appreciate from anyone.
>>
>> Tina
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>>
>> > Publisher should be able to do the job.  You do have a printer that
>> > will
>> > handle 11" x 17"?  You mentioned 11 x 14; or, are you planning to use
>> > 8�x14?
>> >
>> > Select the page setup for a booklet and Publisher will add pages 4 at a
>> > time
>> > when wanting to increase the number of pages.
>> >
>> > A couple of tools you'll need are, a long arm stapler and a paper
>> > cutter.
>> > When you fold multiple sheets of paper to create the booklet, the
>> > center
>> > pages will extend farther out than the outer pages; the need for the
>> > paper
>> > cutter.
>> >
>> > As for the several ad sizes, just create your text boxes and image
>> > sizes to
>> > the sizes wanted.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "okstout4" <okstout4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Rob
5/30/2010 1:41:24 AM
Thanks Rob!  I did create a booklet like I was told  earlier and its working
out pretty good so far.  At this time I've only got one 1/2 page parent ad,
one 1/2 page business ad, one 1/4 page parent ad and one 1/4 page business
ad.  I probably wont have more till Tuesday, so I can at least work on these
and get  some experience before I start doing more.  I will also get the real
photo's on Tuesday as well (Im using the same one right now for all ad's).

Now, I am wanting to create a line to separate the ad sizes.  For example, I
used the line draw tool to draw a line at 5 1/2 " across my page to separate
the top and bottom part of a 1/2 page ad.  I am going to want to do this
horizontally as well in the middle of my page for 1/4 ad's.  When I first did
this on page 4 it worked out beautifully, but when I tried to do it on page 5
it would not stop on the 5 1/2" mark.  It was either top or bottom of it.  So
I started all over and drew the line thru both pages, but now its still not
set at 5 1/2" across.   Im going to want to do this to all pages that are not
a full page.  So first, is there a way to do this do get it perfectly at 5
1/2" and second is there anyway not to have to draw the line each time I do a
page.  Not only does this help me in setting each ad in its proper spot, but
it makes the page look really good.

I noticed that the pages are set at a default of 1" all around.  What would
be a good number to set the page up for a book so that it can be stapled in
the middle of the book and not cut off the ad's?  I did set it at 0.5", but I
am not sure in reality if that's going to work.  I also want to be sure I get
as much ad space for each ad that I can get.  I dont want my 1/4 spot to look
like its less than 1/4 and I want any picture there to look good.

I am also wanting to add watermarks, background stuff, boarders, or clip art
to some ad's to bring them to life.  Is there a way I can do that?  I
searched and searched and just could not find it.  The business ad I got has
a black lace background w/some blue frame boarders around photo's and a solid
black bar w/white writing.  It to too cute and I want to be able to do
something like that on some.

As far as "camera ready artwork", I've only gotten parents who wrote down
what they want and I'm creating it.  I will be getting original photo's on
Tuesday and I will scan those into my computer.  I do have one business who
created their own ad and its simply beautiful.  She is sending it to me via
email in .jpg format for me to add to Publisher.  You think that will work?
It looks good as far as print view goes.  All I did is save it to my desktop
from Facebook, but shes going to email it to me anyways.  I do have an older
version of Photoshop, but its not installed on any of my computers.
Hopefully, I wont need it. :)

Thanks for all the help, its greatly appreciated!

Tina

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You'll probably be handing the printer a .pdf not a bunch of paper.
>
> There's a lot more to doing what you want to then you think but Publisher
> can do it...I've done at least 20 theater programs in the past few years
> with Publisher and have had them printed professionally and they came out
> great. You'll need a friendly/helpful printer that doesn't mind helping a
> noobie :-)...this is key.
>
> One of the many things you will learn is that hardly anyone will provide you
> with finished artwork ("camera ready art") they'll be giving you mostly a
> bunch of junk and expect you to work miracles, so you will need an image
> editor software like Photoshop or some other program similar...you won't be
> able to do everything in Publisher.
>
> Good luck!
>
> hth
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "okstout4" <okstout4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I also forgot to mention I have Publisher 2003.
> >
> > "okstout4" wrote:
> >
> >> Don,  Thanks.  Sounds simple enough and I will try it.  I guess Im also
> >> assuming that the program would also help me in placing stuff in the
> >> correct
> >> spots.  I.e. in the center of the book would be a recital order listing.
> >> Over the years its been two pages and its in the center of the book.  But
> >> in
> >> any case, I will work w/this and see how it works out. I'm also assuming
> >> that
> >> it will allow me to rearrange pages if needed?
> >>
> >> As far as the ad sizes, guess I could do that but Im wondering if that is
> >> really going to give me the correct size I need.  In the past when Ive
> >> made
> >> things I just put whatever on a pre-created 1/2 page birthday card or 1/4
> >> page multi-folded card.  I will try anything though!
> >>
> >> To answer you question, no I dont have a printer that will support 11 x
> >> 17
> >> paper (I thought it did and I could possibly get a feeder for it?).
> >> That's
> >> why when I do my final printouts I need them to be in the correct order
> >> so
> >> that they can be handed directly to the printer to be put onto 11x17
> >> paper.
> >> They will probably do all they stapling, but I will tell the studio owner
> >> have them (or I can) cut the edges because they haven't been doing that.
> >> think if these are going to be handed out they need to look good. :)
> >>
> >> Any other suggestions for ad design I'd really appreciate from anyone.
> >>
> >> Tina

It doesn't really matter if your printer supports 11x17, as long as the
print shop can and has Publisher or if you have a way to convert to PDF
first. Either way, just set up the publication for 11x17.

You won't be able to print the booklet correctly, the print house can.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

> [...]
>> > using
>> > all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books
>> > that
>> > have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you
>> > can
>> > see
>> > the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once
>> > get
>> > the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the
>> > originals
>> > that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that
>> > each
>> > page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in
>> > proper
>> > order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.
>> >
>> > So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

0
Jaime
5/30/2010 2:18:37 PM
ok. So I need to set up to print on 11x17 paper now or set up the page for
11x17? Convert it all to PDF when finished?  What program do I need to do
that?

What if the studio is going to want me to print this all out and give the
copies to her?  I think this is what she initially told me, because she asked
if i can print in color.  I have no clue who she is using to do this.  Im
guessing she will be taking the stuff to Kinko's.

What about my prev question about drawing the lines around the ad sizes and
setting margins for  this book.

Looking forward to anyone's help.

Tina

"Jaime" wrote:

> It doesn't really matter if your printer supports 11x17, as long as the
> print shop can and has Publisher or if you have a way to convert to PDF
> first. Either way, just set up the publication for 11x17.
>
> You won't be able to print the booklet correctly, the print house can.
> --
> James
> Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."
> Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like
> hippies!"
You certainly can put borders around each ad. If you want unique borders, create
your own in BorderArt (lines, more lines). I have put together many programs
with lots of ads and lots of pages. Never used a template.

There are free PDF converters around. If you want your recital book to be 11 x
8.5 and you don't have a printer that can print tabloid, then convert it to PDF.
Most printers will print legal stock. 8.5 x 14.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> [...]
>> > would also like to be a little creative on some of the pages instead of
>> > using
>> > all templates or pub for print.  I've seen ad's in other program books
>> > that
>> > have a border around each picture as well as the ad side, so that you can
>> > see
>> > the size on each page.  I think in all this as well I am assuming once I
>> > get
>> > the booklet set up w/multi-pages that once I am ready to print the
>> > originals
>> > that we will use to take to the printer it will print out in a way that
>> > each
>> > page will print out correctly so that they will be front and back in
>> > proper
>> > order to be put on 11 x 14 paper to create the final book.
>> >
>> > So any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

0
Mary
5/30/2010 7:35:46 PM
You can shrink it proportionately when printing to or from .pdf for proofs.

Publisher (newer versions) have .pdf creator feature...earlier version
don't.

If you're printing 4 over 4, Kinko's is going to be incredibly
expensive...of course it's going to depend on how big the run is but
still...they're $$$.

Create empty image boxes with visible borders for your ads. Then use
Alignment to get them spaced correctly...single lines will drive you up the
wall.

You *will* need your image editor to fix images people will give you for

hth...and remember this nntp newsgroup will be gone tomorrow so you'll need
to get back to this information via MS's Answers Forum.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> ok. So I need to set up to print on 11x17 paper now or set up the page for
> 11x17? Convert it all to PDF when finished?  What program do I need to do
> that?
>
> What if the studio is going to want me to print this all out and give the
> copies to her?  I think this is what she initially told me, because she
> asked
> if i can print in color.  I have no clue who she is using to do this.  Im
> guessing she will be taking the stuff to Kinko's.
>
> What about my prev question about drawing the lines around the ad sizes
> and
> setting margins for  this book.
>
> Looking forward to anyone's help.
>
> Tina
>

> "Jaime" wrote:
>
>> It doesn't really matter if your printer supports 11x17, as long as the
>> print shop can and has Publisher or if you have a way to convert to PDF
>> first. Either way, just set up the publication for 11x17.
>>
>> You won't be able to print the booklet correctly, the print house can.
>> --
>> James
>> Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."
>> Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked
>> like
>> hippies!"

0
Rob

Vlookup Help #6
Hi, please help me out: i have two excel files: First File contains few numbers in A column: eg: 5106134 5123866 773832 Now, i have another file which conatins some codes for these numbers but please note that the this file may conatain thie same number mor than 1 time as well, and all the times the code may be same or may not eg: Second File: 5106134 SRST 5123866 ACSS 5106134 RPRG 773832 CHFO 5123866 SRST 5106134 CUED 5123866 ACSS 5123866 CUED NOW, I AM APPLYING THE FORMULA IN FIRST FILe (VLOOKUP), AND I M GETTIN THE RESULT AS: 5106134 SRST 5123866 ...

Need Help w/ Weighted Averaging
I now want to utilize Weighted Averaging. Please find some example data below: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1 0.067 2 0.133 3 0.200 4 0.267 5 0.333 ----------- 15 1.000 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& The result of A6 = Sum of A1:A5 (or 15) The results of B1 to B5 are: B1 = A1/A6 (or 0.067); B2 = A2/A6 (or 0.133); B3 = A3/A6 (or 0.200), etc. The result of B6 = Sum of B1:B6 (or 1.000) Now, here's what I'm trying to achieve: - Alt...

concatenate help
Hello, I am having issues with the CONCATENATE function. I am entering it correctly, and it is equaling the correct values. However, when I try to drag the cell down, it is just copying the same cell over and over as opposed to putting the correct value in the cell. Am I being clear? Please help. I have a list due tomorrow that will take a whole lot more time to finish if I can't get this function to work. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

SMS 2003 report help
I have no idea how to do this, but hopefully someone out there can help. Running SMS 2003 and I have the two reports below that I would like to combine with a change. I would like to be able to see the username and time of day usage for each user hit, not just the last usage along with everything in that first report. I would also like to just pull all the data for all games and all dates instead of having to specify. We aren't that big that I need to cut this list down. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for any help! Mark "Users that have run a specific metered s...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

Page skipping
In a txt file I would like to insert a character to force a page skip, char 12 doesn't work, any suggestion? Many thanks. Zach "Zach" <xx.xx@xx> wrote in message news:4b910ee1$0$28152$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl... > In a txt file I would like to insert a character to force a page skip, > char 12 doesn't work, any suggestion? That depends on the peripheral that interprets that file. If you are pumping the file directly into a printer that supports character 12 as "form feed", then it should work. If it doesn't, then either the pri...

Need Help with Report
I have a main from and subform. Main form looks up a doctor and the subform lists the doctor's patients. On the main form there are command buttons to print specific report for these patients. However, when I click on report the report comes up with only 4 out of the 5 paitients. It does not pick up the first patient. Everything else works fine except that one. This is my code for the report. I do have requery in my main form. Even after I requery, it will no show all 5 patients. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with this. Thank you. Private Sub ADOLVC_Click...

Create List or Dictionary
Hello, I need to create a List or a Dictionary with only to items: Id = 1, Key = "Subscribe" Id = 2, Key = "Unsubscribe" Is it possible to create such a list or dictionary with only one code line? Thank You, Miguel Dictionary<string, int> toto = new Dictionary<int, string> { { "Subscribe" , 1}, { "Unsubscribe", 2 } }; Vanderghast, Access MVP "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a31b4a74-f280-490b-a608-a5a2dfc357cb@r34g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I ...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...

Quick Links on Home Page
If you set up a couple of custom quick links on your home page, is it being stored in a central location so that if you log in from a different computer (or in our case get connected to one of several GP app servers in our Citrix farm), you get the same home page? I am busy testing GP 2010 so this is new to me (we are in v9 currently). Also, is it possible to “copy” a home page to different users if you want to assign the same set of quick links to all of them? Thanks -- Pieter ...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

Winmail.Dat Being Created On Plain Text Emails
I am running Outlook 2003 with all the updates and I am having a winmail.dat file created on every email that I send even the ones in Plain Text. Are there other settings that I need to make in Outlook to stop this from happening? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com Try turning off Word as your e-mail editor to see if it stops. (See Tool > Options > Mail Format tab) If Word is off, go to Tools > Options > Mail Format tab > Internet Options. Make sure the dropdown in the middle of the dialog is not set to Outlook Rich Text. Check the e-mail address...

Dumb question... how to create a Enterprise Formula Custom Field
Guys, I'm writing because I've tried and search but can't get it ... From PWA I created a Project Custom Field "MyField" of type Text with the formula "Hello World", I tried with " and '. When I open a project the field returns #ERROR. I published to see if magic happens, but nothing. I did the same with type number and formula 10, same result. So In the end, I can't get any formula to work. What am I doing wrong ... I googled with no success. Perhaps try opening the project and hitting the F9 button to refresh calculations? Does ...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

Start up page in outlook
The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today but still no joy. Any ideas please Regards Tony Tony Pagett, you wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:52:29 GMT: > The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all > the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today > but still no joy. Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in Tools | Options | More | More Options -- Best Regards Christian Goeller I do not have a |...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

How to re-create an MFC app
Hello I am using Visual C++ v6 and have an MFC sample but without the dsw/dsp files. So I have the .rc file etc. What is the easiest make to re-create the project. I think it was created in an earlier version of Visual C++. There is a makefile but if I run nmake - it doesn't create any project files. Angus In VC6, you should be able to open the make file in IDE. File::Open Workspace should do it. Once you open it, see if you can save it as ..dsp or it may prompt you to create it when you open it. --- Ajay to recreate the project open MFC and create new WIN32 empty project, F...

Help identifying virus
I get an email. Almost instantly another email "arrives" with the same subject but containing the following text: --- begin quote Hello How are you doing recently? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew. Their website is www.ebakm.com They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need,like Laptops ,GPS ,TV LCD,Cell Phones,PS3,MP3/4,Watch etc........ Please take some time to have a check ,there must be something you 'd like to purchase . Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company ! Best Regar...

Hide page on tab control
Hello, Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user selects from a drop down box? Thanks in advance Martin You can use the following syntax to hide a page... Me.TabControl.Pages(0).Visible = False The index (0) of the pages starts at 0, you will need to enter the correct number for the position of the tab. Put that inside an If/Then condition that checks the status of your dropdown in it's AfterUpdate event. You will want to include this in the Forms Current even as well so it's toggled if the record changes. hth -- Jack...

Email file does not retain same page content
The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page 2 . Page 2 picks up at end of the overflow and so on... Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f6fc20ab-5c6a-4f04-8a0b-bba39e4bbcf0/biztalk-incorporating-co.aspx <Jetty donaldson> wrote in message news:2010416115618jetreal@cox.net... > The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page > 2 . Page 2 picks up > at end of t...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Help Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :-(
hello im new, my names Gary an im from coventry in england :-) im doing A(s)-Level ICT and currently working on a spreadsheet desig for a business including order forms customer database etc. the classi a-level ict project basically. I have a catalogue page with the products and the cutomer chooses th size of the product and how many they want etc. i want to create button that the uer clicks that then inserrts this data they hav chosen into the next available space on the order form worksheet, ho would i do this? i probably sound really stupid :confused: but i would really help me if you c...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...