Help, can't shrink to fit so art prints on 1 page!

Working on a large banner, and want to share it with my team for review.
Original file is 15mg, too large to send, and making a .pdf results in 45
pages of tiled images.  Other desktop publishing software allows you to
select a "fit to one page" or "scale" option so your image is reduced to one
legal or letter sized sheet of paper.  I can't even print this out to walk
around and show my co-workers for comment.

So - making a .pdf doesn't work, selecting Reduce then Fit to Paper Size
won't work, asking to scale this to 20% won't work, printing to Office
Document Image Writer doesn't get me anywhere.

Help!  Confounded in Cleveland
0
KBlazek (1)

When you select PDF, properties, settings tab, create a new page size, type the
page size as the banner size. You should be able to see the entire banner in the
resulting PDF. It will be slow to create depending on the content, gradients
will be very slow.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KBlazek" <KBlazek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Working on a large banner, and want to share it with my team for review.
> Original file is 15mg, too large to send, and making a .pdf results in 45
> pages of tiled images.  Other desktop publishing software allows you to
> select a "fit to one page" or "scale" option so your image is reduced to one
> legal or letter sized sheet of paper.  I can't even print this out to walk
> around and show my co-workers for comment.
>
> So - making a .pdf doesn't work, selecting Reduce then Fit to Paper Size
> won't work, asking to scale this to 20% won't work, printing to Office
> Document Image Writer doesn't get me anywhere.
>
> Help!  Confounded in Cleveland

0
mary-sauer (6480)

My category heirarchy got messed up
I just noticed today that my category database seems to be messed up. I'm using Money2003 Deluxe. I started to describe this using generic names, but it was too confusing. So, I'll try it with actual names: The problem: I used to have an Expense category called Personal Care with two subcategories, Fitness and Haircuts. Today, I noticed that these two categories seem to have disappeared from my Money file. They do not show up under Personal Care on the "Set up your Categories" screen. Transactions which formerly had these categories assigned are now mostly showin...

Printing bumper sticker...
I have some OfficeMax bumper stickers that I'm trying to print for our club. The paper code (as far as I can tell is OM98058 I was hoping that there would be something in Publisher 2007 that would allow me to find this paper size and help me set up the dimensions. Has anyone worked with this before???? The paper size, not the program..... Thanks OfficeMax doesn't seem to carry bumper stickers anymore. There is a page setup bumper sticker for Office Depot. Select *other labels*. This template has two up. What are the dimensions of your stickers. Seem to remember OfficeMax had...

Need a little help setting fonts...
Hello, I need to change the fonts on my applications so that they can use the Registered and Trademark symbols. The Trademark symbol doesn't appear to be in the MS Sans Serif font. MS Word with that font does show it though. Anyway, I've noticed that W2K and XP now use a differnt font. I've forgotten the name of it at the moment. Anyway, I've discovered a minor problem with the way Windows and fonts work and could use some help determining the correct resolution. I've tried changing the fonts in all my windows to the new font. This works pretty much okay. Ho...

Getting the bottom half of a picture to print
I have pasted a photo (that was emailed to me) into a custom sized document (appox. 5x7). I positioned it near the bottom of the document, but well within the non-printable area (.125" from all edges.) Under Arrange, the margins are all set at .013" I have 2 rows selected (page divided in half). The bottom portion (a little less than 1/2 inch) of the picture is cut off when I print, even tho' Print Preview shows the entire picture. I have to move it up that 1/2 inch or more in order to get the whole picture to print. I can print the whole picture in Word, even tho' i...

Help with reading attributes
Hi, I have this xml structure <listitems xmlns:s="uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:rs="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z="#RowsetSchema" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/"> <rs:data ItemCount="1"> <z:row ows_AZNamnUppdragsansvarig="Peter" ows_AZTypAvUtbetalning="Arvode till privatperson" ows_AZPersonnummer="196202081276" ows_AZPlusgiro="5456436534" ows_MetaInfo="1;#"...

data page readonly
Looking to update from A97 to A03 - mainly for the data access page feature only. I produced a simple data page, works fine. Problem, I have one field that I want as read only. The field readonly property is set to true. When the page is first opened, the field is read only. However, if I enter/edit data in another field, for some reason this field now becomes editable. This is scary. I want the field available to sort by (not disabled). but it needs to be locked. This is the first issue I've seen so far (within 2 days) of using 2003. Any ideas? ...

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages
How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages. Mike What do you mean by one page? As in one worksheet, or as in print layout? "Mike Defillo" wrote: > How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only > want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages. > Mike Just as you would with MS Word it may go to a second page if the first one is full but why does Excel show other pages to the right of the page I am working? When I scroll to the right the page keeps going a...

NETWORKDAYS
How do I use the "networkdays" formula to determine when a produc should ship by? I have a PO issue date and a shipment due date, I need to calculate "Should ship by date". I know that it takes 30 days on the water, an I can't include weekends. Help -- ajpower ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajpowers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27564 On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:42:32 -0600, ajpowers <ajpowers.1f991b@exce...

HELP: Search a formula inside of a Cell
I am trying to compare some old spreadsheets and upgrade to the new and have a case in try to determine if a value was added to a formula inside a cell. So I would like to do a search/find on the contents of the FORMULA in the cell. Example: Cell A1 Contains a formula +F12+F34+F67 Is there a function that can search the formula? Example: FIND "F34" in cell A1. Everything I can see so far you can only search the results, not the formula. Thank you in advance for your help!!! Mike formula are strings. Usually I use the FIND in the worksheet menu to locate the form...

How to align the bottom lines of 2-column pages?
I have compiled a bi-lingual dictionary (left to right and right to left) using Word 2007; with the result that the bottom lines of a 2-column page cannot be aligned; understandably so. Now, I want to import the documents to Microsoft Publisher 2007, where I know that aligning those bottom lines together can be done - but how? Any help offered will be much appreciated! How are you planning to export the text from Word? How many columns per page? Will your dictionary be in booklet form? Are your definitions in two different Word files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.or...

Urgent Help with CheckSignature method of SignedXml
Hey Friends, I have a Signed XML that looks like the below I also have the public certificate for this but i am not able to pass the public key of the X509Certificate2 to the CheckSignature method any idea or help? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <B:Envelope xmlns:B="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:A="http://www.routeone.com/namespace.messaging.diag#" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP:Header xmlns:SOAP-SEC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/security/2000-12" xmlns:S...

Customer Sync error....HELP!!!
I was updating a customer in HQ, their billing info. I closed out the client list, then went back into it 5 minutes later and every one of our 10,000 customers now all have the same billing information and extra phone numbers in each customer account. The purchase history is intact as are all the tracking numbers per customer. On top of that, HQ had already sync'd to my other stores and now every store has 10,000 of the same customer. I need help and need it badly and as fast as possible. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Help creating a cost range
I need help creating a cost range for the following scenario. If the value of cell A1 falls between 0-300 I need the following cell A2 to say $0-$300 or if A1 was 389 I would need A2 to say $300-$600 and so on. In need it broke down in $300 increments to $6000. Thank You Try a VLOOKUP. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "tysonstone" <tysonstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F45699F-5C22-4E4F-98E5-BE246543CCD4@microsoft.com... >I need help creating a cost r...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 04-04-06
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! Somebody else must have a similar error! ......... Bob H Hi Bob, We had this with a customer. We ended up un-installing MS CRM 1.2 and running MS CRM 3 install by simply connecting to the 1.2 db's. However, we ran a series of scripts against the CRM db's (before 3 se...

Need Help (i'm at the end of my rope) WMP wont work Missing DRM
Hello, i konw i'm new here but i'm really at the end of my rope. i had to upgrade my motherboard and processer not long ago, and when i did i seemed to lost my drm folder in windows. i have tried everything i can find online, including upgrading windows vista to windows 7 (no good) show all hidden files to delete all files in drm folder. (no drm folder) went to that upgrade drm thing microsoft has and i cant because the button is greyd out or i get a error in internet explorer. running a reg cleaner for missing dll's. i'm losing it. i need major help. please ...

an error has occurred in the script of this page
I am using Microsoft Office 2003 - Windows XP When trying to enter Micosoft Help and Online, I get the following Menu: an error has occured in the script of this page http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/hfws.aspx? AssetID=HP051998351033&CTT=1&Origin=EC010229861033 &QueryID=KKI81QJK20&respos=7&r=2 Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? When I select 'yes', nothing happens If anyone has come across this, I'd appreciate your help! Thank you ...

PDF printing
Hi! I'm looking for solving problem, which seems to be simple ;))). I want to print PDF files (about 400 one after another). I tried to use ShellExecute function, but it gave me no control when one file was printed (or spooled), so I didn't know, when to call ShellExecute for another file. Does somebody know of some free tool, that I can use from C/C++ level to print PDF files??? Thanx Have you tried the SDK for PDF files? "Daniel Patriak" <Daniel.Patriak@bielbit.com.pl> wrote in message news:biferp$d78$2@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi! > > I'm looking ...

Why does a pasted object in Excel sometimes print upside down?
I have a small pasted image in a spreadsheet. Every person/pc that uses this sheets views the pasted image right-side-up, no exceptions. Almost every person that prints the sheet have no problems, however, a few people print the sheet and just the pasted image prints up-side-down.......?????? Has anyone experienced this and found how to remedy? Thanks, Mel I would look at differences between hardware and software. Are they all using the same version of Excel? Same PC? Do they by chance happen to be using a different printer than everyone else? We have software that will not react well ...

two page numbers per "page."
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size. <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. Hi, it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely tedious, as you woul...

help me
how can I open multi files in VC++! thanks ...

How do i insert a hard page break in publisher
I am just learning Publisher 2003. I am making a 25 page brochure, and I want to make sure the page breaks come in the right places. I know you can do this in Word, but I can't seem to find the right menus to do this in Publisher. Thank you, Jenny Open help, input "break" or "section." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wine Diva" <Wine Diva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F06DFA8-2415-44E1-9DB9-DECCC9F71840@microsoft.com... >I am just learning Publisher 2...

Tax reports won't print ?
Money 2005 tax reports won't print.I click on the link,get the hourglass for 2 seconds,then nothing.I've uninstalled,reinstalled,repaired,even did a format disk (for another reason) still no report.Other rports work fine. Any ideas ?? Thanks Alan In microsoft.public.money, Apothecon wrote: >Money 2005 tax reports won't print.I click on the link,get the hourglass for >2 seconds,then nothing.I've uninstalled,reinstalled,repaired,even did a >format disk (for another reason) still no report.Other rports work fine. Any >ideas ?? Thanks Alan I would try Custo...

1 computer, 2 users, 1 Outlook???
My wife and I have just bought our first home computer. HP Pavillion with Windows XP and MS Office Basic. We both use MS Outlook at work and have for the last 5 + years. Because we both have VERY different likes and dislikes as to how our desktop looks, mouse operates, programs appear, etc. I have set up two users on the system. Is it possible for Outlook to synchronize all of it's information between the two users? For example, currently whoever is the logged on user receives the email in their version of Outlook and then when a new user logs on that information is not available. W...

Sync new WinMobile 6.1 unit fails
All, I had to switch to a refurb unit of my WinMobile 6.1 phone so again set up my OneNote. However I ended up with a new "name" for the phone. I thought the first sync would set up a new section for the arriving or sending OneNote files/pages. I get errors, however, only labeled "OneNote: Attention required." There is a notebook on my laptop called "OneNote Mobile" it has the old section in it. All other programs sync just fine. I have searched the Help files in OneNote and the ActiveSynce user group run by Microsoft. No luck. Surprisingly the...

Embeded Images will not print as well as any formatting