HELP #2

I recently cleaned my hard drive to the bone and reinstalled everything on
my Windows 98SE computer.

Now when I run Publisher 2000, after about 15 seconds up pops a window that
says,

"There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try
reinstalling it?"

I have the stand alone version of Publisher 2000.

I've tried the "Repair" option without success.

Isn't the Ofc Asst the paper clip in Word?
I have Word 97.

Anyone know the fix?

--
Don
--------

0
Engineer1 (288)

OFF2000: "Problem Starting the Office Assistant" Error Running Office Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221354&Product=Off2kset

Don't know if the above will help, however it maybe give you a clue on how to go
about fixing your problem.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Don Schmidt" <Retired Engineer@PNB.usa> wrote in message
> I recently cleaned my hard drive to the bone and reinstalled everything on
> my Windows 98SE computer.
>
> Now when I run Publisher 2000, after about 15 seconds up pops a window that
> says,
>
> "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try
> reinstalling it?"
>
> I have the stand alone version of Publisher 2000.
>
> I've tried the "Repair" option without success.
>
> Isn't the Ofc Asst the paper clip in Word?
> I have Word 97.
>
> Anyone know the fix?
>
> --
> Don
> --------
> Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in
> America!

0
laserdog (1122)
11/17/2003 12:30:58 PM
Hi Don Schmidt (Retired Engineer@PNB.usa),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Anyone know the fix?

Well first of all Don, you need to make the switch to Windows XP so that you
can order Publisher 2003 :-)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

IF FORMULAS #2
Looking for help...... In column A1:A16, I have names. In B1:B16 I will assign random numbers to those names from 1-16. In another part of the sheet I have 16 columns lets say D:S, (D) being column 1 and (S) being column 16. when I assign a number in column B, I want the name to the left to appear above the appropiate column. EX, If B1 is 16 then the name in A1 will appear above column S. I am using Excel 2007 Windows Vista. I find this site to be the place for answers,everyone is great. Thanks in advance. D1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$16,MATCH(COLUMN()-3,$B$1:$B$16,0)) Fill to S1. "JOHN...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

HELP!!!!!!!
Hello! I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help! Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows. - 1: Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only? - 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell? - 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of excel? - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see......

Shared Workbooks #2
I have 1 book being shared by 2 users. The book has approx 30 worksheets. The sheets have a min of 10 rows to a max of 11,000 rows and 26 columns of data. User 1 and user 2 open the workbook and work on different sheets of the book at the same time. User 1 changes the format of cells, saves the changes and exits Excel. User 2 has the file open, continues to work on the worksheet, user 1 reopens the book, makes changes, saves, and exits. When user 2 saves and exits the book and user 1 reopens the book, the formatting is lost. The file is also 24+mb, does this have a factor...

Missing row #2
A user has deleted a row that had an amount in it. Her rows are now number, 23, 24, 25, 27 (so row 26 is missing). Whenever she tries to total columns or rows, the number that is in that missing row is calculated in. How do I retrieve that row, or clear out the number? TIA. Kim Select rows 24 and 26, the whole rows and goto Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37603B87-33DA-4EB0-AC54-68F919F4A8B8@microsoft.com... > A user has deleted a row that ha...

help
how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 A single card? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "notoes" <notoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09072BB4-4BB5-45E1-973A-32D0538D4999@microsoft.com... > how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 must have a big wallet to keep them in -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote i...

CRM1.2 and Contract Template
Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New Contract Template".. Can I customize this form ? I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list... Is this possible and if so how....? Hi Ulrich, Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created, you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This field...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Import of Data into RMS 2.0?
We will be converting to RMS soon. Is there anyway we can import our old sales history(Monthly) into RMS 2.0? Hi newbie. I am not aware of a free utility that will import all data, including sales transaction history to your RMS system. Retail Realm has an Import Tool that will do this if your current system is Microsoft Point of Sale, possibly POS 2009, but it is licensed (meaning you need to pay for it). Otherwise, I believe you are limited to importing items, customers, suppliers, and UPCs as Aliases, no history. HTH..... "newbierms user" wrote: >...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Help with referencing multiple sheets in formulas
Greetings Xcellers I have a workbook with 32 sheets, The first sheet is a month summary and the other 31 sheets are for each day of the month. The sheets are names month,1,2,3..31 I need to copy information from the daily sheets to create a summary on the month sheet like follows A B 1 Day Turnover ..... 2 1 ='1'!E7 3 2 ='2'!E7 4 3 ... 5 5 ='5'!E7 Is there a way to substitute the sheet name from the column Day instead of manually having to enter each formula. There will be a number of columns and I have a number of similar workbooks to make. IE for B2 a formula l...

eseutil /p #2
I had to run eseutil /p since /r was not working, and my exchange 2003 priv and pub were not coming up. i ran it on pub1.ebd ran ok and i was able to mont the public folder. eseutil on priv is currently running and is at a point were it seems that nothing is happening, is says deleting unicode fixup table .? how long will this take. is it normal ..?? Thanks. Do you have a backup that you can restore from (if necessary)? How big is your priv? How long has eseutil been running? Might be time to get PSS on the phone. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Alfred" <Alfred@...

Need help with excel sorting/comparing funcations
HI all, the list I am working on consist of phone number, date, conversation start time, conversation end time. and there around 3476 records in one file and 2477 records in another... and they are not in the same format... so what I did was to sort out all the relative infomation in one file by its phone number, and did the same for the other one then I copy and pasted both lists in a new file.. and did the above comparesion.. nothing showed up or just gives me errors.. I am doing some analysis for our datebase records...... the sample I took out is only the small part.. the real f...

VBA Macro help
Hi Friends, I have taken a project using Excel. Now wt i need is that if i click a command button in excel the macro coding must open a excel file from one location and do a some formating (bold the header, sorting by client / stcd / TOS etc in ascending / decending delete columns last action, pat type etc change PN Assign column to Currency insert SIF cloumn before TYPE SRVS .and page formating as landscap, header (XXXXXXXX), page number at the center bottom and save the file name with password (12345) with the filename continuing the current date for example "N0123(curren...

mail merge- 2 things
Help! I have folks on my mailing list, same address but different last names. When I merge that way, it shows them correct but the others either.....sam smith and judy smith or The Smith family. In a perfict world I would like it to merge...... jen doe & sarah miller and sam & judy smith. What can I do? Next, when I save the mail merge to a cd to take to Kinkos to print they say "you need to load up this file prep tool & save it that way first, oh but you have XP so this won't work, you need to buy a distiller". Well I just looked at what I think is ...