Header/footer/page number problem

Hello!

Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page,
but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should actually
start on Page 4.

I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout
View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the
third page of the booklet.  I inserted a section then entered the page
numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers.

When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other
page, despite trying the two page option on the Master Page procedure. When I
try to select single page/two page, as per the instructions, I get a message
stating that my document is going to be changed to a single page document.

Also, when I try to follow these instructions: "In the Edit Master Pages
task pane, click the arrow next to the single master page where you want to
create facing headers and footers, and then click Edit," I'm at a loss. There
is no arrow and no edit, unless they mean "edit" on the toolbar at the top of
the page.

After following all of Publisher's instructions, I find that the page
numbering stays the same, but I get headers on every page, even on those I
want to be blank.

Any help will be appreciated.

0
Toody (13)

Publisher doesn't support headers in the same way as Word. All headers are on
the Master page, if you put anything on the Master page it will be on all pages.

You can have any number of Master pages and assign them to any publication page.

The best explanation on how to use Master pages is here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=master&sc=9&av=ZPB110
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page,
> but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should actually
> start on Page 4.
>
> I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout
> View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the
> third page of the booklet.  I inserted a section then entered the page
> numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers.
>
> When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other
> page, despite trying the two page option on the Master Page procedure. When I
> try to select single page/two page, as per the instructions, I get a message
> stating that my document is going to be changed to a single page document.
>
> Also, when I try to follow these instructions: "In the Edit Master Pages
> task pane, click the arrow next to the single master page where you want to
> create facing headers and footers, and then click Edit," I'm at a loss. There
> is no arrow and no edit, unless they mean "edit" on the toolbar at the top of
> the page.
>
> After following all of Publisher's instructions, I find that the page
> numbering stays the same, but I get headers on every page, even on those I
> want to be blank.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/5/2008 9:35:04 AM
Thank you. :) I'll see if I can tweak a page or two to get what I want. By
the way, I still cannot find Edit off of the Master Pages pane or the arrow.
Do you have a link showing where those items can be found and what they look
like? I'm stymied.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Publisher doesn't support headers in the same way as Word. All headers are on
> the Master page, if you put anything on the Master page it will be on all pages.
>
> You can have any number of Master pages and assign them to any publication page.
>
> The best explanation on how to use Master pages is here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=master&sc=9&av=ZPB110
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page,
> > but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should actually
> > start on Page 4.
> >
> > I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout
> > View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the
> > third page of the booklet.  I inserted a section then entered the page
> > numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers.
> >
> > When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other
> > page, despite trying the two page option on the Master Page procedure. When I
> > try to select single page/two page, as per the instructions, I get a message
> > stating that my document is going to be changed to a single page document.
> >
> > Also, when I try to follow these instructions: "In the Edit Master Pages
> > task pane, click the arrow next to the single master page where you want to
> > create facing headers and footers, and then click Edit," I'm at a loss. There
> > is no arrow and no edit, unless they mean "edit" on the toolbar at the top of
> > the page.
> >
> > After following all of Publisher's instructions, I find that the page
> > numbering stays the same, but I get headers on every page, even on those I
> > want to be blank.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.

0
Toody (13)
5/5/2008 4:08:05 PM
I have no arrow, maybe it is the chevron. The edit is in the drop down on the
Master page task bar next to Master A... In the Master page you can edit the
margins manually.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thank you. :) I'll see if I can tweak a page or two to get what I want. By
> the way, I still cannot find Edit off of the Master Pages pane or the arrow.
> Do you have a link showing where those items can be found and what they look
> like? I'm stymied.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Publisher doesn't support headers in the same way as Word. All headers are on
>> the Master page, if you put anything on the Master page it will be on all
>> pages.
>>
>> You can have any number of Master pages and assign them to any publication
>> page.
>>
>> The best explanation on how to use Master pages is here:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=master&sc=9&av=ZPB110
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > Could someone please help me to add headers and page numbers to every page,
>> > but the first three pages of a booklet. Page 1 and the header should
>> > actually
>> > start on Page 4.
>> >
>> > I'm creating a business directory in booklet format, selected under Layout
>> > View, in Publisher 2003. I added page numbers, starting with Page 1 on the
>> > third page of the booklet.  I inserted a section then entered the page
>> > numbers. Everything looks fine -- until I decided to add headers.
>> >
>> > When I decided to add headers I can only get them to show on every other
>> > page, despite trying the two page option on the Master Page procedure. When
>> > try to select single page/two page, as per the instructions, I get a
>> > message
>> > stating that my document is going to be changed to a single page document.
>> >
>> > Also, when I try to follow these instructions: "In the Edit Master Pages
>> > task pane, click the arrow next to the single master page where you want to
>> > create facing headers and footers, and then click Edit," I'm at a loss.
>> > There
>> > is no arrow and no edit, unless they mean "edit" on the toolbar at the top
>> > of
>> > the page.
>> >
>> > After following all of Publisher's instructions, I find that the page
>> > numbering stays the same, but I get headers on every page, even on those I
>> > want to be blank.
>> >
>> > Any help will be appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Convert number into words #2
Hi, Can any one help me to convert numeric into words (without Currency USD, EURO, just words), e. g., 15,015.27 Fifteen thousand fifteen and twenty seven only Rgds Blackwar Blackwar, have a look here for how to do it, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Blackwar" <Blackwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81ED27F-49A4-40A6-91E5-5ED1A9...

XP Visual Style rendering problem
I am having a nasty problem with the "automatic" rendering of XP visual styles - I have an MFC-based app (a dialog-style "app" derived from CPropertySheet) to which I have added an XP manifest.. Almost everything paints just fine (but differently, of course), EXCEPT for when I "maximize" my app (my screen is running at 1152x864) - then, the bottom 10-15% of all my property page backgrounds is rendered with an almost white (*slight* blue tinge) versus the rest of the property page background, which is the "usual" XP Luna *slightly* yellow-brown dialog gr...

Update Page During Hyperlink
Is there a way to update a page while doing a hyperlink? I have a page that depending on what the value is on page one (with the hyperlink) page two either hides or shows certain rows. If I switch pages choosing sheet tabs it works perfect. When I use a hyperlink the page does not update. Thanks to anyone who can help. Dave --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Not exactly sure this is what you're after but this code will fire if you click on a hyperlink in Sheet1 (go to sheet2). rightclick on tab of sheet1 and goto view code - paste. jeff Private Sub Worksheet_...

Weird Calendering Problem
All, I've seen a lot of similar posts but have been having trouble regardless. We have Office XP on our Windows XP box, my wife and I each have our own XP login and our own .PST file for Outlook. If I send her a meeting request for an all day appointment, when it shows up in her calendar it shows up for 7pm->7pm the next day. In my calendar it's just all day, in hers it shows up starting at 7pm and spanning two days. The thing is, both of our time zones are set to Central Time GMT -6, and both of our daylight savings checkboxes are checked, and they are the same both in Outlook a...

Pivot table chart problem
Hello! Can somebody help me to solve one insignificant problem related to pivot table charts. I want to have grand totals displayed in the chart, which was created using a pivot table. I tried many different ways, but couldn't succeed. Is it impossible? If so, are there any other ways to display the totals in the chart. I really apreciate your help. Thank you in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jo...

Unwanted "Calendar on behalf of" problem
To All, We're using Outlook 2007 and Exch 03 ENT. It's very common we all have some other users' shared calendars in the Outlook. However, some times by mistakes, users send out the invitations on behalf of one the "shared calendar's users" in Outlook instead of himself. After investigation, I found out if I click on one of the shared calendars, says John Doe's, then click on the "Calendar" bar in the navigation bar (left pane in Outlook), then I'm in John Doe's calendar instead of me. I can see the Outlook title has changed from "Cal...

Problem w. RUS in one subdomain
Hi, I have a problem with RUS. I have a forest with 5 domains. Root domain and four subdomains. Let's call them: top.tld a.top.tld b.top.tld c.top.tld d.top.tld Exchange 2003 server is installed in top.tld (exchange org consists of one server). RUS is created for each subdomain and domainprep has been run on each respective infrastructure master. a, b, and c domain users have exchange mailboxes and everything works well. However, "d" subdomain is having problems. Since RUS was created for that domain (today), I see two 8270 messages coming up on Exchange server and users ...

HELP: problems using old version of Outlook....
Does anyone still use Outlook 97? I am having problems trying to setup an email account that uses POP/SMTP and also SPA for authentication for SMTP. POP/SMTP doesn't seem to be one of the available options in Outlook 97. The only email account types are MS Exchange, MS Mail, and something else but no SMTP or POP. Do I have to install some addon or plugins? It has to be brought up-to-date to be useful. Be sure you installed SR1 and SR2 and Internet E-mail Enhancement Patch (IMEP) for Outlook 97, then use the setup instructions for Outlook 98 found here: OL98: (CW) Configuring the ...

Look up for Manufacturers part number.
Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to lookup a manufacturers part number? I have a smart list, but it is only pulling the one marked as primary. I would like to be able to search for a manufacturers part number before creating a new item to make sure I don't duplicate. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! You will have to do something custom because there is no lookup on the manufacturer's part number. SmartList Builder would probably be the cheapest and easiest way to go. You could build a SmartList on the mfg part number and create a Go To that will open the item maintenance wi...

Having problems running powerpoint slide show!!!
Hi all, Could someone please assist me in regards to a problem i am having trouble running a power point slide presentation. The file is a large file approx 390mb i am running a fully up to date system XP intel pentium D 820 - 2GB memory - 512mb graphics - asus mother board. My PC is SP3. I running Microsoft Office 2003 but the file i am trying to run was done with 2007 so i installed the MS compatability pack. I know the file works and with sound as i viewed it on school computer with lower specs than mine. When i try run it takes from disc or HDD it takes approx 10 minutes...

Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'
I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager. Admin and POS both open and operate fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or filename in one of those fields. If you are using files shared on the network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------...

Problem with outlook/windows
My computer has all of a sudden started running itself in safe mode and I get error messages whatever I try and do, all referring to a file called kbdg.dll. I can't find any reference to this file on the internet. Here is an example of a message I get when loading windows: OSA9 caused an invalid page fault in module KBDG.DLL at 015f:61c05319. Registers: EAX=0062eca4 CS=015f EIP=61c05319 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0062ec48 EBP=0062ec68 ECX=00000004 DS=0167 ESI=00000078 FS=2307 EDX=00000001 ES=0167 EDI=ffffffff GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 66 83 39 00 8d 41 02 74 0a 66 8b 10 40 40 ...

Subform-Query Problems
I have read thru many other threads to try and find a solution to my problem but to no avail. My issue: I have two tables that I am trying to link so that my 2d table data can be used as a subform on the main form for which all the data on the 1st table is stored. What I am trying to do with the subform is to have a datasheet that shows the date of visit..type of 8823 issued..etc but to correspond to the PROJECT for which the visit is for in the Main Form. I get the message below.. I have tried to change my query and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have Project Name as my Primar...

How do I use Excel for an eigenvalue/vector problem?
Use the Poptools add in from http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/ -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "mr-ideahamster" <mr-ideahamster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9213B-1AAB-41E2-8AB7-B7B3E93BDDB8@microsoft.com... > ...

XP & Outlook/Calendar Problem/New Virus-Not W.32 Blaster
I recently bought a new computer w/ XP. When I loaded Outlook 2002 and my records from another computer I found that the date on many of my all day free time appointments blended over to two days or more. The time zone shows the appointments are from 3PM to 3PM which causes this. New entries do not have this problem. When I try to remove the Outlook 2002 program and reinstall it the data base reappears like I never removed it. (This is without reloading the data base!) I have Norton's System Works software and have removed the the W32.Blaster Worm. According to this software I have...

Question Re: Slide Numbers
I created a template but a slide number doesn’t always get inserted when I add slides. It’s there when I look at the Slide Master, so I'm wondering what I've done incorrectly. Thanks in advance. On the slide, if you insert (or draw) an object that is "above" the slide number place, you won't see the slide number "Kathy" <maykola@me.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 6E724E56-2859-41B3-AEB7-E664F3A6A4A8@microsoft.com... >I created a template but a slide number doesn't always get inserted when I > add slides. It's there when ...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

virginmedia do not support outlook, have port numbers but no luck
I have moved to virginmedia, they now tell me that they do not support outlook only express, as I have always used outlook I do not want to change, they gave me to pop3 and smtp address and port numbers but they do not appear to work, still getting emails comming in but cannot send, can anyone help? The outlook settings are the same as those used for Outlook Express, you dont need to modify port # If you run the test accounts option it should generate a err msg if there is a problem. "bob1948" <bob1948@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30CE77EA-...

Problem with entering data in Pocket PC version of Money 2004
Dear all, When I synchronize my Pocket PC with my PC, all the data I had entered on the Pocket PC version of the Money 2004 disappeared on both PC and Pocket PC. Can anybody tell me what 's that problem and how to avoid. Thank you very much. -Kien Bui ...

Problems with Exchange in a clustered configuration
We have Exchange configured in an active-passive configuration. We have problems failing over the resources to the passive node. I'll move the resources in clusadmin and it appears that the resources moved fine. About 10 minutes later, it'll try to move the resources back and half the resource group will be on one node, while the group with be on another. The only thing That seems to prevent the failover is that the "Exchange HTTP Virtual Server Instance" and some point fails. At least this is the only thing reported in the System log. Event ID 1069. Anyone see...

Generate new account numbers?
I have a spreadsheet with 900 ish account names. I want to know if there is a way to have Excel auto generate a unique account number for each one. I will then input this number in my contact manager database for identifying unique accounts, VLOOKUP's, etc........ Thanks! Alan you could use autofilling type the 1st acc no - 10123 and the 2nd - 10124 select both cells and replicate down as ness "Alan" <alan@alan.com> wrote in message news:#aGKIEeyFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet with 900 ish account names. I want to know if...

Coding for header
Hi There:Thanks in advance. I am writing a text header at the center of my excel sheet. The tex will be in 2 lines. I am writing code like: .CenterHeader = "Monthly Report" & vbCrLf & "For Survey". But its giving a big gap between the 2 lines. Like: Monthly Report . . For Survey How can I delete this gap and can have a header that will look. Monthly Report For Survey -Appreciate VBA help. --Thanks in advanc -- jesmi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Problem with transactionnal replication
Hi I have a problem with replication on SQLServer 2000 SP4. This server is publisher and distributor. I have 2 publications: One merge One transactionnal They both are anonymous susbscriptions I have left the default SQLServer parameters : - For distributor : 72 hours for keeping the transations - For publications 15 days validation A snaphot for both publications is generated every night The connection and the replication is made on client through a VB6 application and the microsoft ActiveX for replication My problem is : For transactionnal replication 72 hours is to...

sorting number in ascending order
Hi, I have a query result, and one of those fields are some ID numbers. It came as ="number" format when I exported to excel. When I tried sorting this field in ascending order, however, it didnt' sort right. For example, the order before sort is: 100422 100422 100459 100459 1184 1187 1189 1190 1192 1193 But apparently, I want the sorting to result like below: 1184 1187 1189 1190 1192 1193 100422 100422 100459 100459 But it didn't happen with sort. I then copied the whole column and past specile > values to get rid of ="number" format, and then resorted, a...

Outlook 2003 outbox problem #3
I'm using OL2003 for POP mail to my ISP. If I have mail items sitting in my outbox waiting to be sent, and I click on Outbox in the folder list to view the items, then the font the Outlook uses to display the items' recipient and subject changes from italic to plain, the date shown changes to "None", and the items don't get sent when I do a send/receive. The only way to get them to be sent is to drag them to the Drafts folder, open each mail as if to edit it, click on the send button so that it goes to the Outbox, and then do a send/receive *without* looking at the Outbox...