Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling

I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and
the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it
prints out
eht. HELP!!
0
Colorado (8)

Might try an updated printer driver.

What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows?
Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98

How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub
PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198259&Product=pub
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Nappy in Colorado" <Nappy in Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and
> the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it
> prints out
> eht. HELP!!

0
gsauer (5093)

Merging into Word document
I'm having 2 merging problems. One is even though I format a cell as "zip + 4" on the spreadsheet (81202-3470), Word merges it as without the "dash". And when I inputted a "dash", it merged it as a zero even when I changed the format to general, text, etc. The other problem is when a cell is formatted as a phone number, the merged document shows a zero, when I want it to be blank. And it doesn't print as (303) 860-0122, it prints as 3038600122. HELP! I've saved a couple responses from Deb Dalgleish. She's recommended this to other pe...

training for Publisher in the Georgia, Atlanta, area?
Would like to get some advanced training for Publisher. I live in Athens, GA, about 60 miles from Atlanta. There are training courses on line. They are very good. And free... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx Many, many assistance articles http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/default.aspx Lots of help on the Publisher's MVP site as well. http://www.publishermvps.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:0kec71t05d2...

Exchange Management Service Won't Start
Exchange 2000 SP3 After rebooting I now can't start the Exchange Management Service. I get the following error; "The Microsoft Exchange Management service encountered an error (0xThe specified module could not be found.) - Event ID: 6" It appears that it may have something to do with WMI because I'm also getting this error; "Failed to CoGetClassObject for provider "ExchangeMessageTrackingProvider". Error code 0x80080005 was returned." The WMI service and the RPC services are both running so I'm not sure what else to look at. Anyone got any ideas...

rms internet integration documentation
we're using the new west standard integrator to download orders from our storefront database. it looks like the data is getting captured ok, but i can't process any test orders with Ctrl-shift-F10. the item status is a red x.... I can't begin to troubleshoot because I have no documentation. what's my best resource? I had the same issue, and am almost done fixing it. Send me an email to discuss: johnnym59@(removethis)fastbreaksports.net JVM "cdunn52" wrote: > we're using the new west standard integrator to download orders from our > storefront d...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Option in SOP setup to not allow users to override document #
There should be an option in SOP setup to lock down the document # field so users cannot override the document number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0f465a...

Adding tables from MS Word document
I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a table. The article is done in MS Word. How can I easily add the document and keep the table looking the same as it does in the MS Word doc?? Did you try copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTfwiw8SIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a >table. The article is done i...

How to format text and numbers as custom
How do you format a drivers license number? For example: Hxxx-xxx-xx-xxx-x, where x represents any number, but "H" represents any text? Do you have to use a macro? If so, does anyone have the code for this sequence? If always H then custom format of "H"&000-etc should do it or format as text and type in the - - - - or a worksheet change event to convert based on any entered letter and numbers entered witout - - - -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Julian Ganoudis" <Julian Ganoudis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:198...

Can't get text to repeat on monthly pages in Publisher calendar
I have text in the January 2010 page of a Publisher calendar but the remaining months do not show the text I have entered on the January page. How do I get the text to repeat in the text boxes on remaining months? You will have to enter the information manually for every month. It will be easier if you create a text box for your events, you then can copy/paste the text box month to month. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "allen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:ur4pblSeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have text in the January 2010 page of a...

publisher not alined?
Hi, I made business cards in publisher. When I print them on avery labels (8871- 10 on a page) the top 2 are perfect but as the page goes down, the printing on the cards go up about 1/16 of a inch. By the time I get to the bottom 2 cards the printing is at the top and there is too much room on the bottom. I hope this makes sense. Spoke to avery, they think its a publisher problem. Thanks. It is neither an Avery or Publisher problem. It is the way your printer is picking up the stock. Do you have a lever on you printer that will allow heavier stock to feed easier? Or a setting th...

Attaching documents without saving them as an OLE file first.
It would be helpful to be able to attach documents (scanned) via a "ONE" step process vs. saving the scanned document to a file and then attaching that file as an OLE document in the "Note" field. Basically, place the item to be scanned in the scanner, press START and the image is immediately scanned to the "Note" field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Publisher 2003 #10
Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! No, it does not. "Sam Kellogg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB8498F-D84B-4C6B-A2AE-C41D7B478396@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! Let me add to that. You CAN create a thumbnail but it's not an autothumbnail feature. This is from the Help file. I'm going to assume you do not have Pub 2003 otherwise you've have done your own research, right? 1.. On your ...

Images Inline like Word so they move with text
Hi, I just started using Publisher and I'm trying to replicate something I can do easily in Word. I want to insert a picture within a numbered list, say after step 3. I don't want any text to the left or right of the image. However, if step 3 changes and the text gets longer, I want the picture to know to move itself down and still follow its place in line -- right after step 3. This is what I can't figure out how to do -- the picture just stays put and I have to move it manually. The Inline feature in the Format Object window doesn't seem to do quite the same thing as ...

Text Wrap, Cell Height Does NOT Automatically Adjust
When I adjust a column width the heights of my cells don't adjust so all the wrapped text is shown. Should this happen automatically? Is there some type of refresh or auto format process I can go through so all the wrapped text lines show when I make an adjustment to the column widths? Try this: <Format> <Row> <Autofit> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in mes...

Excel 2003 Slow Start Up
I am running Excel 2003 (11 & SP2), Office Standard Edition 2003,on Windows XP. When I launch Excel the start up is very slow compared to the other MS apps, i.e., Word 2003, Outlook 2003, PowerPoint 2003, Access 2000 or Visio 2002 Professional. Why might this be? What can I do to speed up the launch? Thanks in advance. Check to see if you have extra files opening. Items selected under Tools, Add-in. Also any workbooks in your XLSTART folders. -- Jim "SysAdmMAX411" <SysAdmMAX411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98857B2C-9308-4CBC-B1AE-B1D10E3329...

Publisher should be able to send personalized e-mail in bulk
In Publisher 2003 it is possible to mail-merge with items from a database. It is however not possible to fill the sent to "e-mail adress". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d0936a6...

Removing Text but Not Numbers in a Column
Hello I have a spreadsheet the has columns for phone numbers in it. The Phone numbers have been entered manually and have all differen formats such as (555)123-1234 or 555-123-1234 I need to delete all of the text so that just the numbers are left s it looks like 5551231234, so I can upload the column into my cel phone. Would there be an easy way of doing this with out manuall changing each entry I have over 2500 phone numbers I have to do thi to. I try the Format Painter, and Formatting the Cells but it didn't wor for me. I am running Microsoft Office For OS X, and any help would ...

WLM always starts Maximized....why?
I've tried everything read here to fix this, but no joy. I have 3 machines with WLM installed on, but only one always starts in the Maximized mode. Properties is set as "Normal Window". I've Restored the window, closed WLM and restarted...nope. Also, after Restore, closed WLM while holding the "ctrl" key....nope. Why 2 computers OK but one not? Any Ideas? Thanks Much, -- Chris Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to the size you want. Close all other windo...

User-Specific document-type stuff
Seems like every week I'm back with a new question. I'm beginning to think I should have just posted a detailed account of what I want and let you guys get on with it. Anyway, I think I have good cause to be stuck now. :) I have a main workbook ("Main") which the whole office can access, and it operates on being userform driven - there's no actual spreadsheet onscreen at any time. What I want to do is include a button on the userform which opens a specific worksheet, dependant on the user's name. Everyone had a single-sheet workbook with their name as the workbook ...

convert word document to excel spreadsheet
I have many word documents (looks like a resume cover letter) and wish to convert it into excel/accesss db for easy retrieval? I probably have to rename the filename of these documents into job ref no. or personal id number. I have tried importing to excel but it look abit mess up , becos it has paragraphs, indentation. I wish to have a database system that allow me to retreive Personal id and view their cover letter? karen Hi Karen, Perhaps you only want to add a link to the Word document in a cell in your worksheet? Go to an empty cell and use the key combination {ctrl}{K} to display t...

Outlook2003
Is it possible to configure Outlook 2003 so that it starts with the Favorite Folders/All Mail Folders View displayed? TIA ...

Pasted Text Truncated?
I'm trying to copy/paste some text from a Word document into a single Excel cell in worksheet that was created by someone else. The text has about 250 words/about 600 characters or so. There are about 5 major points, each point has about 4 bullet points underneath it. There's about 25 lines of text. I've formatted the cell to wrap text, but the last 20 words or only display if I expand the width of the entire column - which makes the other cells in that column much too wide - and the page won't print as it should (a single page). When I increase the length of the row...

Multiple views Single Document MDI
Hi Folks, I have a situation where I need 4 views in my application. All the 4 views should co exist and shall be updated independently/ simultaneously. I searched the forum and all I got was how to create multiple views for a SDI and for MDI creating multiple document templates and make them refer to a single document . I dont know whether creating multiple document templates is a good solution as I read somewhere it is not an optimal solution. Is there any simple/optimal method by which I can go on adding a view for the document? If possible please paste a link to the sample application....

Format for text field
Hi- I have a text field, the format of this field is ##.## (ex: 09.10) How can I check this field if it have a value then it must be in a format like above? (null is OK) Thank for any replpy. >>How can I check this field if it have a value then it must be in a format like above? (null is OK) Null is not a value. Are you wanting to check for a numerical value or that the text is formated? -- Build a little, test a little. "MN" wrote: > Hi- I have a text field, the format of this field is ##.## (ex: 09.10) > How can I check this field if it have a va...

Adding a text label to a line.
Is it possible to add a text label to one of the lines on my line line chart so that when the line moves with changes in data it is still attached to the line? Hi, Can you not use the datalabel? Using Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler would make things easier if you want to use custom text. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Neil wrote: > Is it possible to add a text label to one of the lines on my line line chart > so that when the line moves with changes in data it is still attached to the > line? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www...