Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling

I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and
the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it
prints out
eht. HELP!!
0
Colorado (8)

Might try an updated printer driver.

What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows?
Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98

How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub
PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198259&Product=pub
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Nappy in Colorado" <Nappy in Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and
> the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it
> prints out
> eht. HELP!!

0
gsauer (5093)

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Adjust Row Height for Text
I am working on a worksheet, and I have a row that contains text that I want to restrain in length so the text automatically wraps around and starts a new line within the row. I've tried "help" in Encel, but I can't figure how to do this. I want a wrap around in the row, because I don't want the text to exceed the limits of the paper when the worksheet is printed out. Any help would be appreciated. Pedro -- To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above. Alt click on the cell you want...

How do I change the case of my text to proper?
My entire spreadsheet is in all caps but I need it to be proper. Example: This is how it looks now: KERRY THOMAS 123 ANY STREET ANYTOWN, GA 12344 I need it to be: Kerry Thomas 123 Any Street Anytown, GA 12344 The syntax is =proper(Cell_Number) Hope this helps you. rayshonf Wrote: > My entire spreadsheet is in all caps but I need it to be proper > Example: > > This is how it looks now: > > KERRY THOMAS > 123 ANY STREET > ANYTOWN, GA 12344 > > I need it to be: > > Kerry Thomas > 123 Any Street > Anytown, GA 1234 -- BenjieLo --------------...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage #2
MS Excel 2002 Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Text Field is Now Combo Box
I have an input form in which the user can select a job title from a combo box list to be applied to a field in the query the form is based on. The query uses data from the Candidate table and the Job Title table. The combo box gets its choices from the JobTitle table, to be applied to the Job Title field in the Candidate table. The JobTitle table is a list of job titles and a couple of other columns not relevant to the form. But now, I see that the text field in the Candidate table is somehow also a combo box. And it doesn't work. It oddly has some of the same problems ...

publish to a new site or url http ?
How do I publish to a new url or http site, My publisher 2003 does not ask me for the site information any longer. I hit publish to the web and it does not queary the standard questions, like url or password. Please repost your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US When you repost tell us the website URL, the operating system you are using and which web browser and what versio...

Can't see images in Publisher, can see thumbs in image manager
I can't see images in publisher docu,ments but can see the thumbs in the image manager. On Mon, 15 May 2006 15:06:02 +0100, tevans04 wrote (in article <47606D71-5E65-41F1-9ACF-39A4C00429C7@microsoft.com>): > I can't see images in publisher docu,ments but can see the thumbs in the > image manager. What has this to do with Publisher? You have less to do with anything than the psot. "Margolotta" <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> wrote in message news:0001HW.C08EAA80003C0803F0386530@news.ngroups.net... > On Mon, 15 May 2006 15:06:02 +0100, t...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

Display contents of cell in another cell as part of text string?
How can I display the contents of a cell in another as part of a text string. Such as... "The answer is "B4"" where B4 is the contents of cell B4? Thanks Try this: ="The answer is "&B4 Note <space> after "is". -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== <mschmidt@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:1152383541.185407.241490@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... How can I display the content...

GP Internal Process Document
I am interested in an overview of the internal processes of GP. I have found a diagram which tells us how AP,AR,POP,SOP,B.Recon, and Inventory interact with each aother and GL. What I want to know is the internal processes of these series. I am more intersted in visual presentations or even videos? Anyone? If you asking about what happens under the hood, there are no videos showing GP's "internal processes", at least to my knowledge. There are a few sources you can use to find out about these internal processes: 1. The Microsoft Dynamics GP SDK. The SDK can be found a...

Trying to open Publisher document and having trouble
I am trying to open a Publisher document from a data cd and I keep getting an error message saying "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." My Publisher is up to date version 2000 SR-1. The version of the document I am trying to open is 2000 version 6. What can I do to be able to open this document? Are you running Norton antivirus? Try disabling "script blocking" if you have Norton and Office Plug-ins in Norton options and try again. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "matjo" <matjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Using Postal Bar Codes in Publisher
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have yet to discover a way to include zip plus 9 postal bar codes in a Publisher mail merge. I can easily do this with Word, just not in Publisher. Any tips, suggestions, tricks? Right now I create the newsletter in PUblisher, then go print labels in work from my date sources, then hand apply the labels to the newsletter for mass mailing. There has to be an easier way Thanks for any tips you can provice. When typing out the bar code use PostNett font. If you need the font, send me an email. -- Don ------- My real e-mail address is: dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom...

Pasted text splits into separate text boxes.
Recently upgraded my Publisher program. When using a text box from a template, and I try to paste text, it breaks the text, line by line into separate boxes within the text box. I never had this problem with my previous Publisher program. What's up with this? A JackBird <A JackBird@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Recently upgraded my Publisher program. When using a text box from a > template, and I try to paste text, it breaks the text, line by line > into separate boxes within the text box. I never had this problem > with my previo...

Text to Number?
When I copy data from a webpage into a spreadsheet, I often have an obvious currency value (�36.40) but cannot operate on it with arithmetic functions (say divide it by 2). I've tried using the VALUE() function without success. Is there an answer? Thanks, Steve Try this Copy a empty cell Select the cells with (�36.40)) Right click on the selection choose Paste Special Check Add Ok -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Steve Almond" <steveal@nildram.co.useless> wrote in message news:%23sa4Q4ClDHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

TabCtrl's text in BOLD
Hello, I have a customized TabCtrl. My requirement is that that the text displayed in each tab page's caption should appear in BOLD. Selecting the BOLD font into the Device Context gives me the desired result but using this approach a considerably long text gets truncated. I then tried to set the font explicitly for the control using SetFont() method. In this case, Windows internally calculates the appropriate width required for the caption with Bold font and though I achieve what I want I have started to encounter some painting issues such as; the controls placed within the tab control ...

change text to date
I have read Allen Bowne's method (and others reponses here) to modify a table to change a field from text to date type. Create new field - update old into new type - change name back to old name. My table stores credit card expiry dates as text, MM/YY. I want to change to date type, with the new date being MM/31/YY, or some other day. I wish to do this to facilitate MS KB210534 credit card expiration date method. That is, all new entries, while entered as MM/YY would be - for expiration test purposes - considered as expiring on the last day of the month. My dilemma is the syntax...

What is databinding at outlook start up and why?
Every time I start Outlook I have to wait for the databinding items to finish before I can do anything else. Does anybody know what is databinding and why? Is it needed, and if not how is it diasabled? "Mikkos" <Mikkos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0A7811E-B2BE-42AB-935F-6F313E26631A@microsoft.com... > Every time I start Outlook I have to wait for the databinding items to > finish > before I can do anything else. Does anybody know what is databinding and > why? > Is it needed, and if not how is it diasabled? Tools -> Options -> O...

How do i set one of the static text controls in the dialog to be bold?
Hi, I have an MFC dialog that has two static controls on it with text. I need to set one of the strings to be bold, basically have one control with bold text and second one with plain. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance. > I have an MFC dialog that has two static controls on it with text. I > need to set one of the strings to be bold, basically have one control > with bold text and second one with plain. I can't seem to figure out > how to do that. > > Any help on this is appreciated. Change the f...

Can see the text but can not print
I got a worksheet from someone. One of the line with text in it. It shows in the print preview. But shows blank on the print out. How can I print this line? TIA. Developers can't distinguish between printing and previewing. If it shows up in the preview, but not the paper, then I'd look at the printer/printer driver as the problem. Maybe it's time to get a new printer driver from the manufacturer's site--or even just test it on another printer. Gordon wrote: > > I got a worksheet from someone. > One of the line with text in it. It shows in the print preview....

mail merge & publisher
I'm using 2 identical mail merge boxes in a publisher doc (copied because have 1/2 pg doc and need it twice on one page for printing purposes) and I need say box #1 to have the #1 address and the #2 box to have address #2 and so on as it prints off 900 pages. Anyone know how this is possible? I'm new to mail merge Are both halves of the publication the same? You need to setup up your page this way. Page setup, custom, width 8.5, height 5.5. This will print two identical publications per sheet. The merge will work correctly if you setup your page in this manner. Simply copy/pas...

Problem loading Publisher 2000
I have a mirrored raid system running windows 2000 and am having trouble loading publisher 2000. All seems to go well until you open publisher and exit the catalog, then an error message is generated to the effect that MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will be closed, etc. and that ends with publisher closing and I suppose an error log being written someplace. I have downloaded the updates from MS, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing??? >-----Original Message----- >I have a mirrored raid system running windows 2000 and am >having trouble loading publisher 2000. Al...

How to display a cell value as a text entry in another cell?
What does one call this? I can't find anything because I don't know how to describe what I'm trying to do <g>. In a financial spreadsheet I'm overhauling, I found something that can be finetuned to make life less difficult. Currently in a cell, cell E23, they have this text description for 'mileage': @ 0.45/km Yet they have a cell for the English display of that information that a subsequent formula in I23 draws its information from, cell E62, which shows as $0.45, and is out of the print area. That's the cell you upate for the formulas to be current. R...

open publisher document in word
I have several publisher documents with graphics which I would like to send to someone who only has Word. How can I save the file with the graphics so that it can be opened completely in Word? Thanks The unfortunate answer is that it can't be done. The best you could do is to save it as a .pdf. that would allow the recipient to view the file but not edit it. Not great but better than text only and no formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sue" <apstinso@smsd.org> wrote in message news:525101c480b0$89e174b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have several...

Cannot start program in Windows7
Dear all, I have compile and distributed a simple C# using VS2008. The VS2008 is having .net framework 3.5 sp 1 installed. And I install it to windows 7. The windows 7 is having .net framework 3.5 intstalled. I have turn on the .net framework 3.5.1 in optional features in windows 7. But when I click the program, no program is started. I can run it smoothly in Windows XP with .net framework 3.5 installed. What is the problem? Thanks. Or maybe the window is just hidden in some location ? Please help. Thanks I have tried to install the .net frameworks sdk and .net framewo...