Guides not visible over images in Publisher 2003

hi all,

i am using publisher 2003 under XP with SP2 and am having the following
problem:

i am creating a flyer. i want to have an image going across the entire
background. when i try to pull the layout guides out from the ruler, i don't
see them (yes, they are on, too). as soon as i delete the image, i see them
again. i would expect the guides to be on a meta level...above everything
else, since they aren't really objects meant for printing.

any ideas on how i can get them to show?

thanks!
0
doon (2)

thanks brian... don't know why i didn't think of this myself. instead, i let
myself be possessed by the idea of fixing this somehow (through an update or
patch).

cheers, doon

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> doon wrote:
> > i am using publisher 2003 under XP with SP2 and am having the
> > following problem:
> >
> > i am creating a flyer. i want to have an image going across the entire
> > background. when i try to pull the layout guides out from the ruler,
> > i don't see them (yes, they are on, too). as soon as i delete the
> > image, i see them again. i would expect the guides to be on a meta
> > level...above everything else, since they aren't really objects meant
> > for printing.
>
> This is not an option. The work around is to draw a colored line using the
> line tool on the object toolbar as your guide. Change the color to a
> brighter color such as yellow or red and reduce it's thickness. See
> attached.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights
0
doon (2)

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Exchange 2003
Hi, The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed under the default IIS website. I would like to setup the virtual directories in two newly created website in IIS. I want one website with the OWA vdirs and the other with the OMA vdirs. How can I achieve this. Is there a document/link to help me? Thanks in advance. "al" <al@al.com> wrote in message news:7127ff73ed8b8c8b68cd38161d5@news.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed > under the default IIS website. > I wo...

publisher installation error
Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times and re-booting my pc, but nothing works. "G" wrote: > Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it > won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that > I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be > shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times > and re-booting my pc, but no...

Outlook 2003 Rules Confusing
I have a series of rules, some dealing with spam filtering and others dealing with organizing mail to different accounts to go into different inboxes. I'm trying to figure out the ordering of rules because the following is happening. An email comes into account X - Rule says move it to Inbox X The same email contains some words identified as spam mail - Rule says move it to Junk Folder Problem: I end up with two copies of email - one in Junk Folder (correct action) and one in my Inbox X (wrong action). It doesn't seem to matter which rule I have first. I would have thought that...

Problem replicating public folders from 2000 -> 2003 after migration
Hi all We have almost finished migration of our existing Small Business Server 2000 - Exchange Server 2000 (Build 6249.4 SP3) to a new server running Windows Server 2003 (v5.2.3790) and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise (Build 7226.6 SP1). Migration of mail has completed successfully but we are having a major issue replicating public folders and system information (eg. Offline address book) to the new server. Replication is set up as per microsoft KB article Q307917 and now (several hours later) we are seeing the following under the replication status: Server Name Replication Sta...

Cannot change line/object color in Publisher 2002
Anyone who can help: I'm using an older version of Publisher (2002). I was working on a floor plan for a project when suddenly, all the lines and borders disappeared. I am now unable to make any selection to change the line color--the selection defaults to a blank option no matter what color I choose, creating essentially invisible objects and lines in my files, even new ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher twice to no effect--the problem persists. (Interestingly, the same files when opened in Publisher 2002 on another machine display fine.) Is there something else that co...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

Outlook 2003 Group View
Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up group by the week instead of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B8E80E2D9C6Ajonseynospamherecom@216.196.97.131... > Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up > group > by the week instead of the day. I don't think that's possible. The "Group By Date" filter will show you "Last Week", "Two Weeks Ago", "Three Weeks Ago", and "Last Month" as well as ...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

SBS 2003, MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Error: -1102 Warning
Hi all, I have event warning on the SBS 2003 - MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store. It is only warning but it will nice to have some explanation. Thank you, The log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 30/03/2005 Time: 3:36:35 p.m. User: N/A Computer: MYSERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MYSERVER)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 2-45000A) Retrying withou...

publisher 2003/color
I know this has been discussed before......... Problem: publisher does not show color while editing, does print the correct color and shows color in print preview. Several people suggested (other threads) that video driver was the problem, well I changed the video drivr, publisher still does not show color!~ Has anyone been able to correct this problem, seems to be fairly common. Any help would be appreciated! Charann Try using a different printer driver as your default. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

Publisher #65
Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older version of Publisher like 2.0a? -- Thanks, Stan Stan wrote: > Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older > version of Publisher like 2.0a? ================================== According to the following website...the earliest qualifying product is 2000. Scroll down to : Office Publisher 2007 2007 Microsoft Office system pricing and upgrade information http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx#1 -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

5.5 to 2003 Distribution Group ADC
Question: If Distribution Lists contain astrick's in the display name, alias name, directory name, ie: "* All Users", is there any problem with the ADC not being able to replicate to Active Directory/E2k3? I remember reading something a while back on this, but can't find any information on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance! Scott ...

Clipping of images when printing
Some of the smaller images on my leaflet have been clipped (ie partially cut off) when printing. Looking at them on the print preview the clipping is not evident on there. What do I need to do? Thanks, Sarah Are they near the edges of your paper? Are they overlapped by a text box or something like that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4146D2F-8395-4BCA-BD99-37A7EB328DDA@microsoft.com... > Some of the smaller images o...

building a website in publisher
Hi, I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote (in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they ...

money 2003 crashes frequently with Event 1000 and Event 1001
Hi, I have been using money 2003 deluxe edition for about 6 months now, and the program had worked fine till about last week. Then, all of a sudden, the program started crashing with Errors in event log, with Event ID 1000 and 1001 registered. It offers no further details. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing Money 2003. Seems like the problem persists. Please help. Shaikh. ...

Anchor an image in place
Is it possible to ANCHOR an image in Publisher so that it cannot be moved even if text is added above it or accidentally moved in the flow of the text. I know about EXACT and INLINE positioning Many thanks Ron Ron Hagley wrote: > Is it possible to ANCHOR an image in Publisher so that it cannot be > moved even if text is added above it or accidentally moved in the flow > of the text. I know about EXACT and INLINE positioning EXACT positioning sounds exactly what you want to do. The picture will not move if text is added above, below, or on top of it. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 Public Folders to 2003
I have a small network on NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 that we've decided to replace with Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. We want to use all new hardware so we'll be starting with a fresh 2003 server with no need to connect to the old NT 4.0 server except for transferring data files. I'd like to install a standalone Exchange 2003 and then move the mailboxes (there are only 10) via PST files manually and was hoping I could do the same with the public folders that we use. Although I can move these in PST files the custom forms do not seem to retained so that when I add them to the new 200...

Exchange 2003 and Conferencing?
Does Exchange 2003 have conferencing capabilities? I remember Exchange 5.5 had it with Netmeeting and Exchange 2000 also. But I cannot find anything for Exchange 2003. Please advise. Thanks. Exchange 5.5 did not have any native conferencing capabilities. Exchange 2000 had a component called Conferencing Server. It was removed in Exchange Server 2003. The LiveMeeting hosted service is intended to fill that gap. Exchange 2000 also had a barebones IM implementation - that was removed from Exchange Server 2003 and a separate product called Live Communications Server provides richer IM fu...

Publisher mailmerge error message, invalid office data source
I am trying to edit a mailmerge database I started in publisher, but I keep getting an error message, "This is not a valid office data source". But it was just fine earlier. Are you creating the list in Publisher? What version Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data Sources", is your data base there? Is there a number associated with your error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Obrother" <Obrother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31B77242-6579-4B64-9...

Outlook 2003 :: Views :: Automatic Formatting
Hello all. I have two questions about views. Hope you can help me. 1. How to higlight messages from the certain domain? In the dialog "Automatic Formatting" I can define condition to check From field (for example, "where From field contains @microsoft.com"). But the view checks only sender's name (not e-mail). However, I can filter by e-mail using From field in the rule (Rules and Alerts). What are the differences? Because of internal interfaces, I guess. Rule can access to "source data" but view can access to "prepared- to-view data" only. I could ...

Add sheets (Excel 2003)
Hello, Why does'nt it work ? : ..... Sheets("Sem00").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) ..... I have this error : La m�thode Copy de la classe Worksheet � �chou� (in english : The Copy method of the WorkSheeet Class fail) Normalement, je dois ainsi ajouter 53 feuilles (semaines de planning). (I have to add 53 sheets (weeks)) Sometimes, I can add 15 sheets, sometimes 30, but never the 53 sheets... If somebody can help, thank's in advance Sorry for my english ejc Possibly sheet Sem00 does not exist, therefore it cannot be copied. Sub CopyOrAddWs() Dim ws As Worksheet ...

You are unable to add a database to the Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group
Hi, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555307/en-us Is there any solution available for solving this problem ? Thanks Mario Did you try the one listed? RESOLUTION Right-Click the incorrectly formatted mailbox store name in the Exchange System Manager. Select "Rename" and add the appropriate leading or trailing parenthesis so that the mailbox store is in the expected format of MailboxStore (Server Name), or rename the store so that there are no mismatched parenthesis. In some cases, you may need to rename the mailbox store via Adsiedit. See "More Information". Bac...

Duplicate email on Outlook 2003 SP2
Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 I was getting email duplicates in Outlook on my laptop. So I went to my desktop computer (which does not have duplicate email), copied the Outlook.pst file (from directory below), and placed it on my laptop (replacing the original laptop Outlook.pst file with the desktop Outlook.pst file). C:\Documents and Settings\john\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst I fired up Outlook on the laptop. The laptop starts downloading email and creates duplicate email. The Outlook on both computers is set for Leave a copy of messages on th...