group polciy not updating through active directory

Hi

i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up
the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting
some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but
now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also
other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to
internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to
install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in
this i am getting frustrated here...
0
Raj (124)

You need to ask this in a Windows group.
How To Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307882/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up
> the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting
> some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but
> now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also
> other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to
> internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to
> install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in
> this i am getting frustrated here...

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

Activity subject
Instead of a free-form subject on activity forms, we want the subject to be a lookup to the subject entity. But Activities don't allow new relationships to be added. Any other way we can look up subjects from activities? Hi Jenny, You might need to do an onChange or onLoad event for the activity. I don't know how familiar that you with JavaScript. 1. Build a .Net page and then in that .net page, you use the SDK to retrieve the value that you want and return it as XML. 2. Using JavaScript XMLHTTP to execute the .net page, then retrieve the value. 3. Assign back to the activity su...

OE Activating "My Online Status"
How do I activate "My Online Status" in Outlook Express? It's greyed out in the Tools menu. "Vivian Hisey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847801c3e8dc$a3a4edd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I activate "My Online Status" in Outlook Express? > It's greyed out in the Tools menu. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsof...

Activate Purchase Button in Asset General Information window
Hi there, Does anyone know how to make the purchase button from the Asset General Information window appear (Cards >> Fixed Assets >> General) What I'm trying to do is get the link enabled between the Transaction entry window and the Asset General information window. I've create an entry and posted it, by the purchase does not appear. Thanks for your help. Hi Ian You should re-visit your Fixed Assets Company setup window as that is where you tell the system that you want the link between the purchase transaction and the Fixed Assets module. Hope that helps Sheila ...

Change Directory Creation/Modification Date/Time programatically
Hi, Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification date/time through C++/MFC code? Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Thanks in advance. Vignesh. In article <98EDAE87-3F31-4F06-AE8C-378CF91A6F3A@microsoft.com>, Vignesh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification > date/time through C++/MFC code? SetFileTime. > Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Yes. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. "Je...

oPTION Group Coding
I have a macro, which will print all reports. I have a button in a option group assigned to this macro, which will print 10 reports. ( The other buttons, in the option group will print individual reports). I want to restrict user , because, sometimes, he may click it , when he does not want to print all reports. I want to know, how to give a message box, in an option group, a yes or no message box to restrict from printing. If he clicks yes, it should run the macro, if he click no, it should not print and come out. Please help.. In macro design view, show the Conditions column (if ...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Managers cannot modify group members
I am running windows 2k server with Exchange 2k. I setup a global distribution group. add members to it and send a test email to make sure it works. then I assign that department's manager as the manager of the distribution group. problem is then the manager opens the group from within outlook 2k. then clicks on MODIFY MEMBERS. adds members to the group and when they click OK it comes back with: "Changes to the Distribution list could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." any ideas?? thanks in advance, Buddy I ...

Editing the Activity View
Bill Bither below posted a way to edit the Associated Activity view which works very nicely. However, editing this veiw does not change the main Act view (the ones that show in workplace in the web client and the activities folder in SFO) Im wondering if a direct link to the proper form will also allow editing of that view as well? and if so what the proper guid is to access that view? Thanks in advance and thanks Bill for the nice tip. Robert not seen a link to this one. "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42e101c42b8f$585bdeb0$a4...

Grouping Form Fields on Continuous Form
Hi, I have a table which looks somewhat like this: --------------------------- | Type | Name | Value | --------------------------- | A | Ball | 1.00 | | A | Cup | 2.00 | | B | Fly | 0.50 | (...and so on) I want these displayed on a form, however, grouped by Type (similar to a report), for example Type: A Ball [Textbox] Cup [Textbox] Type: B Fly [Textbox] Is such a thing possible? The closest I can get is with multiple labels and conditional formatting. Code seems to be of little us...

Custom Entities and Activities
We use CRM to track Projects which have musical productions under them and each production has multiple activities to move through the production process. My question is if we want to make a production inactive, can I automatically disable any pending related tasks? Also is there a way for inactive productions to show up in the associated view for projects. I read about the registry entry that is supposed to fix this, but it didn't work. Any other ideas? Hi, Is this CRM 3.0 or CRM 4.0. If it's CRM 4.0, you might able to using a plug-in to intecept the view and add more condition ...

FW: Try corrective update
--lkdjfwcphrqtozfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ygblvpmg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ygblvpmg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lcxxrzqr" --lcxxrzqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security of yo...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...