graphic displayed as black box in Publisher 2K

When inserting a tiff graphic into a publisher doc the
result is a black box.  The interesting thing is there is
no problem when printing this out.  Black box on the
screen, correct graphic when printed out.

I've tried to find a format or color correction item in the
menus, but, haven't been successful.  I'm not sure what
other formats have this problem, although it doesn't happen
with all formats.  Just noticed it with the tiff files.  Is
there a way to display the graphic correctly in the doc?
Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.
0
rmeinecke (3)

Try view, pictures, detailed display. You may have it set to fast resize and zoom.
Tif's come in all different flavors.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"Rob Meinecke" <rmeinecke@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> When inserting a tiff graphic into a publisher doc the
> result is a black box.  The interesting thing is there is
> no problem when printing this out.  Black box on the
> screen, correct graphic when printed out.
>
> I've tried to find a format or color correction item in the
> menus, but, haven't been successful.  I'm not sure what
> other formats have this problem, although it doesn't happen
> with all formats.  Just noticed it with the tiff files.  Is
> there a way to display the graphic correctly in the doc?
> Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

0
laserdog (1122)

Carriage Return in General Text Box?
Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new paragraph, all in one cell. Use Alt+Enter -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eJmtR4kAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a > carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new > paragraph, all in one cell. > > ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

CButton derived class unable to take away the heavy black border(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) from another button(CButton)
I have 4 buttons on a dialog insert, delete, ok, cancel. The ok button is the default button. Three of the buttons(delete,ok,cancel) are normal CButton and the remaining one(insert) is DerCButton which is a derived class from CButton. When tabbing from one button to another i notice that when the focus moves to insert button the heavy black border (BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON style) is set on the ok button (default button). When the delete button gets focus the ok button is no more highlighted. How can i ensure that the ok button is not highlighted when insert button gets focus?. The insert button class ...

How do I display html code within a cell?
I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like <b> Hello World</>. Thanks - John You need to use Insert>Function and then select Hyperlink from the Lookup & Reference category. Randall Arnold "John-Raritan" wrote: > I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like > to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like > <b> Hello World</>. > > Thanks - John I think I...

Text boxes and lines, rectangles etc
Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. No outlines. What must I configure? Actually I think we have the same problem. Greg "Baudinot" wrote: > Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, > circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. > No outlines. What must I configure? It's driving me mad, Greg. Whats the answer? "Greg Bowers" wrote: > Actually I think we have the same problem. > ...

Publisher 2000 #33
I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? didge What version of Windows are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "didge" <didge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70BAA685-7C19-4EA9-A2A7-0BDE96CEFB2F@microsoft.com... >I have publisher 2000, can I upgrade to the latest publisher program? > didge Windows XP "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > What version of Windows are you using? > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > > > "didge" ...

View Publisher 2003 File
Is there a way to view a Pub 2003 file if the program is not installed on your computer? I need to see if I can open the file to save it as a PDF and send it to someone. Is this possible? Thanks! No... You can download the trial version of Publisher 2007. It will open Publisher 2003 files. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx If you send me the file I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KenPez" <KenPez@discussions.microso...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

Convert Publisher 2000 to 2002
I need a utility that will convert about 2,000 publications from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2002 file format. I searched the web and Microsoft's site but didn't find anything. Does anyone know where to find something like this or if it even exists? Thanks! Just open and save them. I know - you wanted something that would do it in a batch but that's not gonna' happen. Sorry. Better get started now - you have a lot of work ahead of you. (By the way, why do it all at once? Pub 2002 will open them so what's the rush?) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] &quo...

Display names in Outlook 2003 address book
Moved from Office XP Pro to Office 2003. Mail sent from my computer will show the following in Sent to:, CC:, and BCC: FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname ie..there are no spaces between the first and last name. This was not a problem with the same address book in Office XP Pro (Outlook). Can someone explain why and what's the fix ? Mike E. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Moved from Office XP Pro to Office 2003. How? What exact steps did you use? > Mail sent from > my computer will show the following in Sent to:, CC:, and > BCC:...

Office Publisher 2003 Printing w/Designjet 110plus
Publisher will print to other printer w/o problems, will print to 110+ if it is only one page, but if I try to print a sign or 4 pgs. on 24" X 36" paper it won't even try. The test pg. prints, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver, I've talked to manufacturer, now what? My technique for that would be to create a special size pdf and "print" to that. Then print the pdf. Usually works. Thanks some printer! "gypfuz" <gypfuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5491A7-3687-4E03-9115-6E960ACCE366@microsoft.com... > Publi...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Check box contols move!
I have a spreadsheet with numerous check boxes. Everything looks great when I do a "print preview", but after I close the preview and return to the spreadsheet, a bunch of the check boxes have moved! Have I got a property improperly set, or is it something more sinister? I've looked all over, and can't find an explanation of what the various property settings mean... Bill Hi Bill, See: Controls move to the left of the worksheetin Microsoft Excel 2002http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 --- Regards, Norman "William M. Bickley" &l...

Pivot Tables
When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index ar left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can thes index values be automatically duplicated? Thanks ANdrew Middleto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, Send me your email address and I'll PM you a small add-in I put together to do this.. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index are >left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can these >index values be automatically duplicated?...

Bills Displayed
I currently use Money 2002. One thing I hate about it is the way it only shows once instance of the same bill on the bills and tranfers page. It won't show the next instance of the bill till the previous one is entered. I can select forcast account to see all instances, but that also shows anything in my budget, which I would prefer to just see scheduled bills and deposits. I was wondering if this was changed in Money 2004. Thanks for any responses. No that feature is still there! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default....

publishing a video clip
I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? jjjj wrote: > I want to put a video file on my web site. Can I just > insert it as an 'object' on the page? Will it then get > uploaded from my computer when I upload my site? ======================================== Try asking your question in the following group: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer Including external files in a Publisher web: http://msmvps.com/blo...

Amana Black Over the Range Microwave AMV1160VAB
List Price:$213.68 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001FXJBOC Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001FXJBOC Delivering Style and Innovation to the Homes of Today... and Tomorrow! Enhance every home you build with stylish, innovative appliances that home buyers demand. Home buyers expect appliances that meet the needs of their everyday lives, are easy to use and reflect the style of their individual tastes. But, to provide appliances you will truly appreciate and will use for years to come, requires a higher level of commitment. Their commitment to...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

Why does the text in a text box disappear after a mail merge?
I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text in most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas why? Could it be behind something? A border perhaps? Will the text print even tho you can't see it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pepperjeanb" <pepperjeanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C540A69A-66BC-4817-ACA3-D919888DEF7D@microsoft.com... >I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text >in > most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas ...

how do I get the result of a numeric field to display in alphabet.
alphabetically instead of numbers such as 1,000 (one thousand) where you would state the field code twice but apply a switch to change the number to the alphabetical number. -- Deborah Corff Use the \*Cardtext switch in the field code. For information about its use, read the "Number formats" section of http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:57:25 -0700, Daysur...

Publisher #78
My computer video driver went down so i swapped the hard drive into another machine to carry on. However, publisher won't open because it doesn't recognize the computer and says it isn't valid for that unit. How do i beat it into submission so it will run on the temporary computer? -- RSD Did you reinstall Publisher on the new hard drive? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ron D" <RonD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F65576-11FF-48E6-BDA8-FF87CED58E3A@microsoft.c...

Unlimited text in text boxes
Please could someone help? I have created a database using access 2003. The database lists local groups and has various types of respone. One of the responses requires them to write a paragraph about the group, however when I try to tyoe that in to the text box on the form, the box will only let me type in a limited amount of text, (approximately 10 words). How do I change the text box so that it has no limit on the amount of text that can been typed in to it? Thanks Sarah Thanks for that Jeff, I'm probably being very thikc here, but how do I check the size, I looked in propertie...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

Publisher artwork CD?
I seem to remember there was a CD#2 with Publisher that contained graphics and art stuff. Does Publisher 2003 not have this? I can't seem to locate it with our corporate version of Office 2003. Is the retail version any different? Microsoft decided in your interests you no longer needed or wanted the extra CD with clipart on. I don't know who you people think you are questioning the decisions Microsoft make on your behalf and in your interests. -- "Never give your mind or heart away" Office 2003 came with very little clipart, if you upgraded from XP you can use the...

I like it and I don't, Publisher 2003
I am a little bit frustrated with Pub 2003. In the past I used Word for Brochures and Calendar, and I needed a program which is more appropriate. I have to find out that MS put less knowledge into this program than they could have. • Not being able to save my calendar format and change just the dates is a monthly aggravation. ( I already posted this problem and I haven’t got the answer yet.) • I cannot change case with just one button, • I cannot format bullets, • Cannot change the default letter type. • I cannot select more then one picture for inserting into my doc, etc. If somebo...