Graphic converters

I am trying to insert some clipart into a Publisher documetn and I am getting
an error message saying "the appropriate graphic converter is not available.
How do I get these converters?  I have reinstalled MS Office ans installed
the Service pack 1.  Please help.
--
Sarah
0

You cannot preview or insert images correctly when you use Web Collections to search
the Internet for clip art thumbnails in Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822518

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to insert some clipart into a Publisher documetn and I am getting
> an error message saying "the appropriate graphic converter is not available.
> How do I get these converters?  I have reinstalled MS Office ans installed
> the Service pack 1.  Please help.
> --
> Sarah

0
gsauer (5093)

Why can't I convert quatro pro .wb3 file in Excel #2
I have trid everything suggested in Excel and on-line but can't convert my *.wb3 file in Excel 2003. Downloaded the Office converter file and ran it, still nothing appropriate in add-ins. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom ...

convert seconds to timecode format
Hi there, In C1 through to C800 i have values which represent seconds. (time) HOw can i convert that into 00:00:00:000 hours: mins: secs: fraction of secs so 3622.411 (secs) would equal 01:00:22:411 (3600 secs in an hour) thank you for any help or suggestions. John Try this. "G7"=3622.411 =INT(G7/3600) & ":" & INT(MOD(G7,3600)/60) & ":" &INT(MOD(G7,36))..... "JP" > Hi there, > > In C1 through to C800 i have values which represent seconds. (time) > > HOw can i convert that into > 00:00:00:000 &g...

Converting .ost from ANSI to UNICODE during mailbox moves
One of the majore benefits of E2k3 sp2 that we are looking forward to as a result of our migration are the improvements in OAB downloads for cached mode users. The reading I've done says you must be running in Unicode mode in order to take advantage of these new features. Currently, all our mailboxes are on 5.5 servers, thus their cached mode .ost/.oab files are ANSI. When a mailbox is moved, they remain ANSI. MS KB article and ORK suggest that the solution is to use the Outlook Group Policy setting Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore OST setting. I've been experimenting with th...

Cells get automatically converted
I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferred via .NET application to Excel. But it considers it a date and so converts 9/15 to 15-Sep, 10/15 to 15-Oct. I even searched for options to disable this, but could not find it. Please help switching this off. In message 1190896904.756552.247560@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com, RP <rpk.general@gmail.com> Proclaimed from the tallest tower: > I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, > 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferre...

Converting multi line flat file records to XML
Similar to my earlier post I have a different flat file that has mutiple lines that make up different entitties of a single record and I need to convert this to XML. For example, line 1 is Customer billing information, line 2 is Customer shipping information, line 3 is Order information (#, date, totals etc...) and line 4...n is Order line items (item#, qty, unit price, line total). At line n+1 the second customer billing information repeats... What is the best way to convert this to XML? I came across some products/ libraries in the java world for similar stuff - XFlat from Unidex ...

Convert Lead only if picklist on the Lead form is 'Yes'
Hi Team, We are using CRM 4.0 Professional. I'm just wondering if its possible to set a condition to only convert the lead when a qualifying question on Lead form is selected Yes. If the value is not selected it should alert the User. Appreciate any ideas sharas I'd recommend hiding the "Convert Lead" button until that Field = "Yes". You'd need to search through the HTML of the Lead to find the Button name which you will later reference in your code. To get to the Lead's HTML code: 1.) Open up any lead in CRM and hit the F11 button twice. This'll ex...

Converting Phone Numbers
How do you convert a phone number in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx to a string of 10 numbers XXXXXXXXXX? I've tried format, cells, custom, xxxxxxxxxx but it didn't work. HELP! Hi try =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") in a helper column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Motabb" <Motabb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F98F558-35F0-40C7-8FD8-93FF49B73F46@microsoft.com... > How do you convert a phone number in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx to a string of > 10 numbers XXXXXXXXXX? I've tried format, cells, custom, xxxxxxxxxx b...

Convert Quickbooks data to Great Plains
My client has recently implemented Great Plains. They would like to convert all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into Great Plains. Any recommendations on tools to use? Thanks. C Integration Manager works but depending on what data they had in QB you most likely will have to modify some of the data and maybe export it to excel and add a couple more columns so that it will integrate sucessfully. I've done a few QB to GP conversions that way. "Clay Stapp" <Clay Stapp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6622EA51-6D73-42D0-B...

Converting text to dates
Hi I have inherited an Access 97 database which has the dates in text format eg '20040425'. Changing the data type in design view deletes all the records. Anyone know how I can convert these dates from text to date without data loss. Thanks GLS You can add a new field (of Date type) to your table and then do an Update query to fill it with the date value from your text field. Here is the SQL for an Update query using the DateValue() function to convert the text to a true date: UPDATE [MyTable] SET [MyTable].NewDateField = DateValue(Left([TextField],4) & "/" &...

asks for a password in a database converted from access 97 to access XP
I have converted access 97 database to access XP database and I have an application whose frontend is visual basic 6 and backend is access XP and I have a crystal report when ever i try to print or view using crystal report it asks me for a password for the database.The database doesnt have a password though.I donno why it asks for a password and .I will be grateful to you guyz if you give me some solution to get rid of this problem. Thanks and regards Prakash ...

Converting from 2003 to 2000 and ending with web publication #2
A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have Pub. 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first save it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she receives it it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the print publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own computer, it is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and I don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to her it was i...

converting minus quantities to plus
I download my bank statements and store them in Excel. the bank has the annoying habit of displaying debit items as minus quantities with a minus sign attached. this makes it awkward for manipulating the figures afterwards. I've tried displaying them in red but they are still shown with a minus in the bar at the top.is there a way of mass converting this row of minus figures into ones without the minus sign? I know there is probably a simple way of doing this but I can't figure it out.i have Windows XP Home Edition. thanks Paul did you try formatting the row highlight your...

Suppress Access 2003 Convert/Open dialog
Is there any way to suppress the convert/open dialog when opening an Access 97 database in Access 2003? ...

how do I convert an Access 2000 file format .mdb file to
How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer? Is there Access for the macintosh? thank you! Craig www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/Office2004andAccess.doc Here is your answer. Sorry you should return your mac and get a good PC. "Craig" wrote: > How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and > Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer? > Is there Access for the macintosh? > > thank you! &...

convert range of numbers in one record into range of single-number records
I have a table of product registrations. All entries have a product number. Some entries have a single serial number, and some have a range of serial numbers. I would like to remove all records containing a range and replace them with multiple records, one per number in the range. For example, say I have four records: Product Serial First Last F21 1 F21 2 10 F11 1 10 F11 11 I would like to wave my magic query-wand and end up with my table looking like this: Product Serial First Last ...

Repost:Converting Zip Codes
Hello, I have a program that export data to a csv file, then I save it as an Excel file. The leading zeroes are truncated. I have formatted them as zip codes in Excel and they look fine. Here's the problem: When I import them into Access (even though they look great in Excel), the leading zeroes are truncated. How do I go about getting the zip codes to import into Access correctly? I have tried (concatenate("00",a1), but I don't always need zeroes, as in a zip code such as 34567. Then I tried to determine the length and have it append the proper amount of z...

convert vertical copy table into horizontal table
I'm trying to convert a table of information that I copied off a web page into a horizontal format in Excel. Is that possible without manually cutting and pasting? Thank you, Please reply to javahop @ hotmail.com Hi Java 1) Copy the cells 2) Right click in the cell where you want to paste and choose Paste Special 3) Choose Transpose 4) OK -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Java Hop" <javahop@delete.this.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:024501c3cc0c$c6baa360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to convert a table of inf...

help needed converting data
Hi, I have a CSV file containing names, addresses, dates etc. Unfortunately the dates have been entered in different formats eg. 10/11/2005, 25th may 2005 and 10.12.05. Is there a way of automatically changing them to dd/mm/yyyy? The majority are in the format dd.mm.yy and at the very least I would like to be able to change them to dd/mm/yyyy. There are about 4000 records so doing it manually is not an option. Many thanks. For your 10.12.05 guys, using a temporary helper column enter: =DATE("20"&RIGHT(A6,2),LEFT(A6,FIND(".",A6)-1),MID(A6,FIND(".&...

error converting SBF to GP using Migration Wizard
Running the Migration Wizard to convert SBF to GP. Got error: Conversion failed converting varchar value 'stn42150' to data type smallint. This was during the BCP DU000010 Started step. What does this mean? What do I need to do? Thanks! ...

Graphic Files
Is there a way to have Publisher NOT rename my graphic files when saving as a web page? If I insert a photo named "MyDog,jpg" into my layout, Publisher renames that files to "img1.jpg". No. I urge you to visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm and review the articles I have regarding images and publisher web design. That said you will find one article that explains a different technique which you use your original (and self named) image files. Please use our web design forum in the future for these topics - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik -...

how to convert msg files
Hi, Firstly I hope this is the right forum for my question. The problem is I downloaded E-mails and my address book at work onto CD but now when I try to open them on my new home PC I see they are al msg files. I had taken some of the E-mails and put them into persona files at work (pst files ?) as the Inbox was full and from ther exported them to the CD; the E-mails in my Inbox and the address boo (in V card format) I just exported direct to the CD. Is there anyway to convert them back to their original format or a least to something i can open? I don't have MS Outlook or Word if tha ...

Converting measurements in a document
Does anyone know of a program to automatically convert measurements in a document from, for example, US to metric systems? I'm looking for something like this, even if it's not perfect. Ideally what I want to do is pull all the measurements out of a document, and convert them there, but maybe that's a little harder to find. Any ideas at all, I'd love to hear them and I haven't found a thing yet. Thanks! Meg Try this link: <http://www.diydata.com/information/metricimpconversions/calculator/calculator.php> OR <http://convert.french-property....

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics.
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

Graphics disappearing when printing
Not sure if this is W2K or Pub97 prob or both... When printing a publication, if I save said publication first, any graphics on the page disappear. If I don't save it, they sometimes stay, sometimes disappear... Very frustrating!! Any ideas? There is no such known issue in any version of Publisher. This will be an issue with your video driver. Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and download and install the latest version of the video drivers. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being hel...