Graphic and text resizing

I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.

I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
whole. Help!
--
Norma
0

Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
> But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
> shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
> graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
>
> I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
> whole. Help!
> --
> Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/7/2006 9:51:04 PM
Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
--
Norma

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
> > But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
> > shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
> > graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
> >
> > I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
> > whole. Help!
> > --
> > Norma

0
normaj (3)
6/8/2006 3:49:02 PM
Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
> solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
> --
> Norma
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm making a log and have a graphic from MS and I've added text next to it.
>> > But when I group and then try to resize by the corner handle (and use the
>> > shift key) it doesn't resize right. Part of the text isn't showing. The
>> > graphic is smaller but the text starts disappearing as it gets smaller.
>> >
>> > I thought resizing by grouping would resize the whole object/text as a
>> > whole. Help!
>> > --
>> > Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/8/2006 5:05:06 PM
Hello Mary,

I came across this earlier post since I had the same problems, however the
fixes are not working for me....I also had to tell publisher both ways
(right-click on textbox, change text, autofit) and (format textbox, textbox,
text autofitting) to 'shrink to fit' since it did not carryover to both
areas, but the text is still disappearing.

Do you have any other suggestions? I would be happy to send you the file if
you think there is something I might not be seeing.

You help would be much appreciated!

Yvonne

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
> processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
> > solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
> > --
> > Norma
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Select the text box, format, autofit text, check "shrink text on overflow."
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Breukers (1)
12/29/2006 12:42:01 AM
Sure, you can send the file to me.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

There is a lot of help on the Microsoft Publisher web page.
Working with text
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524571033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Yvonne Breukers" <Yvonne Breukers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Mary,
>
> I came across this earlier post since I had the same problems, however the
> fixes are not working for me....I also had to tell publisher both ways
> (right-click on textbox, change text, autofit) and (format textbox, textbox,
> text autofitting) to 'shrink to fit' since it did not carryover to both
> areas, but the text is still disappearing.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions? I would be happy to send you the file if
> you think there is something I might not be seeing.
>
> You help would be much appreciated!
>
> Yvonne
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Hi Norma, I haven't any idea, but I would guess yes. Word has powerful word
>> processing tools. I expect help would have the answer.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Norma J" <normaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks so much Mary. I don't use Publisher a lot so I had no idea how to
>> > solve this problem. Can these same steps be done in Word too?
>> > --
>> > Norma

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Resizing dialog #2
Hi, I have a dialog and it contains some controls like a listbox. The list box borders should have about 20 pixles space from the dialog borders. It is ok when the dialog is not resized, but when I resize the dialog the, the list box stays in its position and the space on the right size increases. How can I make my listbox strech when the dialog is resized. Thanks in advance. "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175436751.701375.302130@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have a dialog and it contains some controls like a listbox. The list &g...

graphics and IE
I just purchased a new computer and after having opened the internet the pages are plain, w/ boxes around everything and has a white background. It seems as though it will not display the pages with graphics or maybe it is in in high resolution. Can you help me fix it? - running the new Windows XP & IE 8. Hi, The high contrast feature may be activated. Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast is not checked. If you want to disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast, click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. ...

EXCEL to TEXT file
I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? Thanx in advance Hi just save it as 'Text' file. see the options in the SaveAs dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve wrote: > I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you > get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? > Thanx in advance "Steve" <sjeffery@unch.unc.edu> wrote > I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you > get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? In addition to what Frank ...

OUTLOOK 2007
I am using Window Vista Home and Office 2007. In Outlook 2007, In Plain Text message, language appear as Arabic Saudi Arabia, where as in HTML and Rich Text language appeared as English USA I have made English USA ONLY as Default Language in Office langauge setting plus in Window Vista Langauge setting. Keyboard as US. Pls consider helping me to remove language Arabic Saudi Arabia from Plain Text msges. Tks and regards "IBRAHIM" <IBRAHIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885C8AB7-CD11-4E18-BAF7-520878AC8B19@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2007, In P...

Formula to return numerical, text result?
I need to create a formula that based upon three possible factors, wil return one of two calculations or a text message. If cell B="Good", the formula in cell C returns "Text" If cell B="Better", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.3 If cell B="Best", the formula in cell C returns cell A*.5 Thanks in advance for any tips -- burgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- burgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2023 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Publisher 2000: Not enough memory for graphics and embedded objec.
I just put in a new hard drive and reloaded Publisher 2000. Since then even when I open a previous publication, I get the message that there is not enough memory to load graphics embedded objects. I have turned off all the items listed in Office Assistant, but still cannot get it to load my entire publication. Any ideas? You receive a "Not enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects" error message when you open a Publisher 2000 publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262855 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Report Writer
I am modifying the POP Purchase Order Blank Form within report writer. I have a many lines of text I need to add in the report footer. The only way I know how to enter this is one line per text box. This is a very painful way to do it and it doesn’t allow me to enter that many characters per text box. Any ideas? Thanks! Craig Craig, I think you can check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/30/how-to-get-large-amounts-of-text-to-look-good-on-a-report.aspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Craig" wrote: >...

Printing white text on a black background
I am having an issue with printing. I have a rectangle filled with black as the background of one part of my publication. Then I have text boxes that have white text (no fill) in them on top of the black. It looks great on print preview, but when I print, I can't see the white text at all. On another page, I have a gradient that goes from black to white. It shows the black on one side of the page and nothing (as it should) on the other side, but no colors inbetween. If anyone can help me with this, I need it ASAP! Thanks. What version Publisher are you using? Is your printer...

My pp presentation has groups of overlapping text???
I have small groups (words) of text that the letters are overlapping and I can't figure how to correct this. Sound like you have a question about PowerPoint, this group is for Publisher, so reposting there might yield more/better help. We (or they) would need more info to help. Are the words all in the same text box? PowerPoint doesn't have a lot of formatting options for text (compared to Word or Publisher), but depending on the version, you could check the font formatting to make sure the font is set to Regular with no features ticked. Have you tried changing fo...

cannot read text message from incoming mail
I cannot read the incoming mail's text message. I only can read it when I press "reply", then i can read all my messages. ...

Text einlesen ohne Zeilenumbruch-Zeichen
Hallo NG Ich m�chte aus einer Textdatei reg.txt vier Zeilen Daten einlesen und in vier Input-Felder meiner dialogbasierten Anwendung schreiben. Folgender Quelltext (ich wei�, er ist noch etwas umst�ndlich, aber f�r Feintuning war noch keine Zeit) macht dies auch. Das Problem: Die Zeilenumbr�che werden dargestellt, d.h. am Ende jeder Zeile steht so ein Zeichen: | Hat jemand einen Tipp, wie ich das wegkriege? if(FILE * f = fopen("c:\\reg.txt", "r+t")) { char acTmp[500]; for (int x=1;!feof(f);x++) { fgets(acTmp,500,f); if(x==1){m_strName=acTmp;} if(x==2){m_strAnschr...

For maintenance reasons, it would be good if some of the static text placed in dialog boxes was centralized in the string table. Is there a way that static text can be initialized from the string table entries? Thanks. You can use SetWindowText() and get the strings using CString::LoadString() or CString::FormatMessage(). You will have to assign a value to the static that is not the default (-1). You can also make a control variable for the static once it has another ID. Tom "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B28AC33A-DF0C-4B3F-A55E-623273D...

Scatter Chart Axis as text C#
Hi, I'm creating a scatter chart in C#, and I need its X axis values to be dates or strings that represent dates... the data source where I get the data from is a DataTable with 2 columns... X,Y, which X are dates and Y floats, can Anyone help me display the dates in the X axis...? Pablo -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com A XY Scatter chart can have dates on the x-axis without any additional work. Just make sure you have the dates set up as XL understands them (which I believe is how all MS Office apps understand them). The whole number part is the number of days since ...

Text File Comparison
Hello: I have 2 separate text file each containing a bunch of IP addresses. The first text file (TextIP-1.txt) contains 100 IP addresses; list 1 below the other. The second text file (TextIP-2.txt) contains 56 IP addresses; listed 1 below the other. I am looking to compare the content of these 2 text files & identify those overlapping IP addresses that exist in BOTH of these text files. Maybe the results can be printed to a third text file. Any help appreciated. * Is there a simple Excel function that can achieve this objective ? Thanks in advance. Jo. <JoJo> w...

Setting up "wrap text" as an email default
How can I set a default for wrap text for all e-mails? We don't know since you did not mention your version of Outlook and what message editor you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, shadow asked: | How can I set a default for wrap text for all e-mails? ...

Rich text messaging for mail recipient Outlook 2003
I'm using MOS 03 with Outlook 03. If I use the rich text message format, I know Outlook users can read it. I know web based html email accounts like Yahoo, Hotmail won't see it. 1) Can all versions of Outlook see rich text message format from Outlook 2003? (Tools>Options>Mail Format tab>Compose in this message format>Rich text messaging) 2) Are there any other email clients out there besides Outlook that can see rich text messaging (I'm distingishing it from html)? 3) Why is it that in *Outlook Express* on the message toolbar Format menu, one choice is are Ri...

how do I make more then one line of pasted text not move to one cell?
Hello. How do I make one block of text I pasted not go in to 2 cells and if I want to merge those 2 cells together in to one cell let's say merge 5d in to 4d, is that possible? Thanks. Oh, I'm visually impaired so is this possible with the keyboard? Thanks. If you click on the cell but paste into the formula bar at the top The whole text will go into the cell Steve On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:57:49 +0100, marrie <sa@mailanator.com> wrote: > Hello. How do I make one block of text I pasted not go in to 2 cells = = > and if > I want to merge those 2 cells together i...

Remove characters from a text string using a formula
I need a formula where I can remove characters such as . - space or _. These characters can show up anywhere in the text string. i.e., 123-abc should be 123abc 123 abc should be 123abc any help would be greatly appreciated, Regards, Robert Hi! Try this to remove periods(or decimal points), dashes(-), spaces, and underscores( _ ) =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",""),"-","")," ",""),"_","") Biff "duncrbrt" <duncrbrt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CAF...

=Text(b2-A2,"h") hours between 2 times, what do I do for 10 times
I am trying to do a work schedule for work. I am using an excel worksheet and typing the starting time ex. 8:00 am in Cell A2 and ending time 5:00 pm in Cell B2. I need to add the total hours worked for two full weeks. I have the formula =TEXT(B2-A2,"h"), which adds the hours for the first day. What formula do I use to add the following days to this formula to get a total for two full weeks. Thanks, You can simply add up your result. Another way is to find a simple difference first =B2-A2 and format the cell as custom h:mm or simply h, and then add up the entire total and ...

saving file as text(tab delimited)...
Hi, I use Excel 2003. For example I write test;test1 in A1 and save as the file text(tab delimited)(*.txt). I open the saved file, it write "test;test1". If a cell contains semicolon between text, after saving file as text(tab delimited)(*.txt), it places quotation marks. Why it puts quotation marks? And how can I configure excel not put quotation marks? Note: Replacing quotation marks in saved text file is not a solution for me. Thanks and best regards. Sevgi. See one guess at your first response. Sevgi wrote: > > Hi, > > I use Excel 2003. For example I write ...

max text characters in pivottable cell
I have made a pivottable out of a list which contains answers to survey. The comments making up some answers are more than 25 characters long. I have discovered that these answers are truncate when they appear in my pivottable. Is there a way to get round this so that all of my text will appear or is this the maximum amount of text allowable in a pivottable cel and I am going to lose some information. Hope someone can help Thankyou:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The character limit in a pivot table cell is 255, and as far as I know, this setting can't be ch...

Sorting when some numbers have a text suffix
I have about 1350 5 and 6 digit numbers starting in column B2 that I would like to be sorted. About 200 of the numbers have "A" at the end along with a coulpe that have "B", "C", "D", and "E" . All the numbers with a letter are six digits long if that helps i.e. 123456A. Now when I sort the numbers sort fine but all the numbers with a letter attached are at the bottom of the list, presumably as text. How can get the numbers and text"numbers" to sort together? One way would be to break off the letters using data > Text-to-co...

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Graph while ignoring text but not changing text to #NA
I have read how to trick excel into ignoring text within a series range by using =NA(). Is there a way to ignore the text in a xy scatter chart (i.e. does not plot as 0) but still keeps the text visible. For example on certain days a well is not sampled and so is left with "NM". I still want the "NM" to show so i can use that data in a report but would like to graph it as well. I realize that I could copy the data to a new location and get rid of the text there..however, my data is dynamically produced and I would rather not have to manual update my graph in that...

Capital Text
Dear All, if i write something in cell, how to make automatically become capital/upper text. i.e. in A1...if i write family...i want automatically become FAMILY in that cell... hoping one of you can help me thanks regards, reza Hi reza. Turn you CAPS LOCK on on your keyboard. On my keyboard, on the left hand side, there is a key called CAPS LOCK to the left of the letter A. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "reza" wrote: > Dear All, > > if i write something in cell, how to make automatically become capital/upper ...