gradient fill effect has bars

Hi,

I created a file a couple of weeks ago on my old computer and my text boxes
with the gradient fill effect looked fine (version 2003).  Since opening the
file on my new pc the gradient is no longer smooth looking and now has
distinct bars showing the colour variation.  The only difference is that I
was using xp and now using vista.  Any suggestions on how to get the smooth
look back?

Thanks,
Nancy
0
Nancy (67)

Publisher has always had issues with gradients and transparency. The best
workaround is to create a rectangle the size of your text box with your
preferred gradient, right-click, save as picture, select .png extension, there
are resolution options. Insert back into your publication.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I created a file a couple of weeks ago on my old computer and my text boxes
> with the gradient fill effect looked fine (version 2003).  Since opening the
> file on my new pc the gradient is no longer smooth looking and now has
> distinct bars showing the colour variation.  The only difference is that I
> was using xp and now using vista.  Any suggestions on how to get the smooth
> look back?
>
> Thanks,
> Nancy

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Bar width on existing chart changes when changing source data
I have a spreadsheet with a bar chart already in it (it's showing the number of quotes sent monthly w/ trendlines). In column A, I have a month-year and in column B, I have the number of quotes sent in that month. I changed the source data to display a different set of months, and the bar widths narrowed down to the width of a line. I undid the change and the bar widths went back. I then tried to edit the chart formula one cell at a time and found that when I reached a particular month forward in time, that that's when the change occurred (row 40). I thought maybe it was ...

what does "calculate" mean in status bar?
In a single file, when it is opened, the word "calculate" appears on the status bar on the left next to the word ready. Can anyone tell me what this means and why it only appears in a particular file. On Nov 16, 12:30=A0pm, eman <e...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In a single file, when it is opened, the word "calculate" appears on the > status bar on the left next to the word ready. =A0Can anyone tell me what= this > means and why it only appears in a particular file. Check under "Tools>Options>Calculation" to see whether...

Running Access 2003 in Access 2007
Hi gurus To quote another subscribers comments:- "Custom Menu & Command bar created in earlier versions of access will only appear as part of the "add-in" button and not appear continously. As access 2007 is so new haven't been able to find information on how this works. Is there a way to have them present always (as in previous custom databases) or is this not possible. Not sure I like the new version. I'm losing control of parts of current databases for clients and would not recommend they upgrade. I can't prevent them accessing areas they couldn't befor...

Can' get rid of scroll bars in a CView derived class !
Hi there Altough I changed window styles in CMainFrame, CChildFrame and in CMyView directly derived from CView, by modifying the CREATESTRUCT in PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs ) with : cs.style &= ~WS_VSCROLL; cs.style &= ~WS_HSCROLL; both scroll bars always appear ! My understanding was that this is sufficient to get rid of scrollbars. Wat's wrong ? thanks hi, I dunno how much this would help, but if you dont want scrollbars then why dont use a CView instead of a CScrollView ? gangadhar npk Alain Redlinger wrote: > Hi there > Altough I changed window s...

retreiving Status bar values
hi to all i am beginner to MFC but not C++, i am writing small programs to learn MFC better but currently i am stuck up in a place where i need to access the staus bar values of a window I have 2 applications running, one is mine and from my program i am not able to access the other application's window's status bar values i have used findwindow API that returns the handle to the other window(other application), then what should i do?, can i use CStatusBar functions here? i will be grateful if anyone can send a snippet that can do this. -- thanks a lot in advance bye ...

find to select cells filled in RED
Can anyone help me how to find and select cells that are filled in RED so that I can blank the red color off all at the same time ? Any help is greatly appreciated. many thanks ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi William, Try something like this. Sub RedBeGone() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Range("Data") If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone End If Next End Sub Where the range Data ...

I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
I'm running IE8. I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't remember what it was. Might have been with a java update. Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says Downloading the latest applications Been like that at least since yesterday. Do you know what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng Right click on the area where the Menu/Tool Bars live (a blank portion, not on an icon) and turn the bars off until you get the right one. " Cal Who" &l...

Charting a straight line across a bar chart
Hi all, I have a bar gragh with a range of values: Location1 100 Location2 90 Location3 150 Location4 70 Location5 110 The cut off value that we want to appear as a line is, say 95. I want a line drawn straight acroos at 95. That way we can see the ones that fall below and those above the line. Any ideas ? Hi have a look at http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany bomber wrote: > Hi all, >...

Import data, fill adjacent formulas
Hi all, XL2003 Using the Import data from the data menu, I have just discovered, and am trying to use, the "Fill down formulas in columns adjacent to data" feature. However, I can't get it to work. I have adjacent formulas, but they refuse to fill down. I am importing a .txt file, if that's important. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Regards- Dave. Double click the Fill Handle http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-fill-handle.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01...

Office 2007 forms

Add Whisker to floating series that I put NO FILL
How can I find a series on a graph to add whiskers to if I have highlighted the series and made it disappear by selecting no fill? Sort of making my own stock chart, but can the hidden series be found? Thanks for your help! You can find it in the Chart Element dropdown on the Chart toolbar, or you can select another series and click the up and down arrow keys until the hidden series is selected. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F0...

Error bars 01-05-10
I wish to add different error bars to each and every point in my graph. How do I do it? In particular I want to show the error of my dependent variable y. Each one of which has an associated error which I have calculated by taking the std deviation. Thanks Alex Hi Alex, If you are using Excel 2007: Select the graph by clicking anywhere inside. "Layout" tab --> "Error Bars" --> "More Error Bars Options" --> "Custom" radio button and "Specify Value" rectangular button --> Select the cell range containing the er...

Problem building horizontal bar chart paired bars, centered on zer
How do I describe this in words? I need to create an Excel chart with these characteristics. There are horizontal bars, centered vertically at zero. One value is presented to the left, another to the right. They represent paired choices from a survey. For example, given the option as to whether people might pay-down debt, vs. purchase a car, about 75% will say they want to pay down debt, while 25% will say they will purchase a car. So by setting the value of 75 to a -75, and using horizontal stacked bar chart, I have a bar to the left of zero showing 75% and a bar to the ...

To Do Bar Task List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C722C8.2BB56420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If I recall correctly if I had a sub-folder in my task list then items = in these sub-folders did not appear on the OUTLOOK2003 TaskPad list. = This was either by default or I had somehow managed to filter them out. = On OUTLOOK2007, items in tasks sub-folders are included in the To Do Bar = Task List. I can't figure out a way to filter these items out. Any ideas? Thanks.=20 --=20 Greg Maxey/Wo...

Autoshape Fill Rotation Problem
Hi, I'm working with the "Freeform" autoshape and have found a fill effect (called "Medium wood") that has horizontal stripes and no vertical stripes. Problem: I want the stripes to be vertical, and the only way I've been able to do that is to first create the shape at 90 degrees, put in the fill, then flip the shape 90 degrees. How do I get the horizontal stripes to display as vertical stripes without first creating the autoshape at a 90-degree orientation? Thanks for your help. David Godinger You could create a graphic file with that pattern, using a progra...

Help For Excel 2003 "Fill"
HELP -- I've attempted to get help from Microsoft (impossible) -- I've typed in my product code, won't accept. Unbelievable. Here's my problem. I recently installed Office 2003 on a laptop. When I went to Excel and tried to "colorize" a cell by clickaing the paint can, nothing happened. I cannot get Excel to color a cell or range of cells. I also can't get it to accept a change in color for font, etc. It's not that I don't know how to do this -- I've been working with Excell 2000 for years (3 to be exact:) So what am I doing wrong, or i...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...

Automatically Filling Cells in Excel 2003
I am trying to create a function that will allow a user to select from a drop down menu. Upon selecting an option, I want the other cells in this row to automatically fill with the proper data. For example, if someone chose English I, the room number and teacher name would automatically be filled in. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? Thanks. VLOOKUP formula is one method. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site for info on VLOOKUP function to pull data based on value. Note the downloadable sample workbooks. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Also see Debra&...

How to fill cells down and change function
Ok, weird question...a co-worker has been teaching me a lot about Excel but his computer is set up in Spanish (he's from Mexico). There is a 2-part command that is: Shift + Ctrl. + down arrow (to fill all cells down that have values) and then Shift + J (or maybe it's Ctrl. + J) to update the function Does anyone know what the 2nd command is on the American/English Excel? I can't figure it out. Thanks. You can find a list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Excel Help - type in keyboard shortcuts in the index. F9 recalculates all sheets in all open workbooks, Shift-F9 recalculate...

How to give x axis titles dynamically in a mschart---bar char
Hi, I need to know how to give x axis title dynamically in a barchart. now i give that one at design time...problem is that when the user minimize the window the alignment with the titles and corresponding bar is not proper thanks, Harish ...

mouse over effect
I used to be able to use the mouse over effect to change the displayed picture on the website. I have forgotten how to do it. HELP Select the image in the page and use Format Behaviors - select the image swap from the task bar -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Bas" <Bas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853A1E23-E935-4D61-9D5C-104CEBD10C03@microsoft.com... ...

Dynamically fill a picklist
Hi Guys/Gals, Wondering if someone can throw me a clue. Wish to fill a picklist with the list of users in CRM lead/opportunity/etc forms. Basically the list(s) would be used for different roles a user may play in an opportunity/lead/etc; So nothing to do with ownership of the record. We have a 'deep' set of opportunity recording requirements. Maybe some platform level code using pre callouts?? Can this potentially achieve this? Any other ideas - apart form blowing away MS's form or unsupported customisations/jscript :-) - though I'm tempted. The idea of maintaining 10 ...

Substituting the main menu bar(s)
The MFC application framework provides for two or more menu bars - one for when no files are open and another for when a document is open (with further possibilites for different kinds of document). Has anyone tried to replace an entire menu bar and its drop down menus with a new menu resource? How is it best done? [I have in mind the idea that people can select a language, and then a new menu bar is used with items in that language, but the same command IDs.] Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http:...

Problems with Stacked Bar charts
Seeing a weird thing. When I create a stacked bar or column chart, I get bars that are one pixel wide so it looks like a vertical line. Closed the sheet, re-opened, new sheet, new data, nothing works. If I embed a worksheet in Powerpoint, and in that sheet, create a new worksheet with the data, it works fine... Baffles me !! Also, excel seems incapable of creating a graph with dates on the X axis, li lists them as ascending numbers, 1.2.3 etc. Again, works fine in an embedded spreadsheet in Powerpoint. As they use the same graph engine, I'm stumped. Hi, Excel is assuming you want yo...

Auto fill
When I have a spreadsheet #1 and would like it to automaticaly update spreadsheet # 3 in the same workbook, how do I do that. I know that there is a way but I cannot remember. Hi, in sheet2 enter a formula like =sheet1!A1 copy formula "mikki" wrote: > When I have a spreadsheet #1 and would like it to automaticaly update > spreadsheet # 3 in the same workbook, how do I do that. I know that there is > a way but I cannot remember. ...