Getting Solid Black Boxes with Boarders on Text Boxes

Help!  We just installed Publisher 2002, running on XP.
When I pulled up a document that printed fine prior to the
new version of Publisher being installed, the text box
that I have with a border line around it looks fine until
I print it out...then the box totally fills in with black.

Is this a Publisher problem or a printer problem?  How do
I remedy this?  Any suggestions??

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Strange.
This will be caused by a printer driver issue.
Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and download and install the
latest version printer driver for your model.

--
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1941)

Y axis box size incorrect in Excel 2003
I am having a problem; the y-axis box size does not display the entire text. I cannot change the size of this box. This only happens for the y-axis, not for other axis labels or the chart title. I have tried adding spaces followed by a period to fool the box and this works in Excel, but when I copy the chart to a Word document, the full text, including the final period appears. Hi, Details and suggestions can be found on Jon's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "lcare...

smtp server settings are getting changed
Somehow my smtp server settings are being changed in Outlook 2003 every time I reboot my computer. It is changing from my ISP's smtp server setting (for example mail.domainname.com) to localhost. Is this a virus or spyware attack trying to use me as an smtp relay or hopefully something more benign that someone else has experienced and knows how to fix? Hopefully it is the latter. Thanks. It is your anti-virus changing it. Disable the AV plug-in - it is useless and a major pain. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

Automatically finishes entering email into TO box
How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the person to whom I am sending mail? thanks! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gem asked: | How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering | into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the | person to whom I am sending mail? | t...

Run a query based on user input to a text box
I am creating a database to manage Auction Bids for a live radio station phone auction weekend. I have a form where the user is entering names as the bidders call in. I want to be able to have entry into a text box cause a query to run and populate a list box so that if a caller has been entered before, the user can click on an existing name. So for example, if the first keystroke is A , then the list box will be populated with all names beginning with A. If the next keystroke is l to give Al then the list box will be repopulated with only names beginning with Al (e.g. Alice, Aliso...

Two message boxes
I have two message boxes that fire off when I am going to print a report to determine what will show up on the report as far as fields. The first message box is to hide the customer price on a quote, if you answer yes it sets a checkbox on the initial form to true. The next message box is to show or hide the changes made to the quote on the report. If I say vbyes to both of the message boxes the customer pricing will not be hidden as the checkbox is getting set back to false. I am not sure why it is toggling, but it works if I answer yes to the first and no to hte second. It may ...

How do I get MSWord for Mac to keep its toolbars?
Each time I open MSWord for Mac 2008 I have to re-configure to view the standard and formatting toolbars. Then when I start a "new blank document", those toolbars have gone and I have to go to "View>Toolbars>Formatting" and see it is already ticked. So I have to un-tick it and then re-tick it before it re-appears. And then I have to do the same for the standard toolbar. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Getting MSVC to compile proper unix stuff, like hash_map, fts.h, dirent.h
I've been developing some Unix based shell tools. They work fine on Linux and MacOSX. I want to compile them on Win32. But I can't get hash_map to compile. I tried downloading stl (and stlport) which is supposed to work in MSVC, but it doesn't, it just generates tons of errors for stuff that used to work just fine. Where do I get fts.h to compile and dirent.h compile? Is there some kind of Unix-like library or wrapper for Windows? Or must I port all of that code to win32 code? Or am I just asking a silly question? Is it too much to ask to get stuff like dirent.h? I guess I wa...

How do I get our Outlook accts to accept emails froma specific dom
I know how to "Accept this domain" in each individual Outlook accout, however, when we add new Outlook accounts we have to go through the process each time. Someone in the office suggested getting a list of all of the emails from that domain and then updating the server. Would this be the best way to do this? Is there a way to get the main Outlook account to accept the domain name and then each time that we add a new account it will automatically accept emails from this domain? What version of Outlook? Do you have the junk mail setting refusing all mail except f...

Text is added as attachment after copy and paste
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an html-page-attachment to my new mail. I just want to have it added as simple text in the mail-body regards R. Save the text in notepad or something and then Insert the file - but check the button so it inserts it as text, not just as an attachment ;-) r@gnar.de wrote: > Hi > > I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text > from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an > html-page-attachment to my new ...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Name Drop-Down Box
I've got a 50 sheet excel document and i want to create names to get m to A1 on every page, so I don't have to scroll left and right all th time. So, here's my problem. I would like to increase the number of names shown when i click th drop down box. Right now it shows 7, in Office 2003. I would love t increase that to show 50, or else I�m not really getting th functionality I�m looking for. I think this will take some kind of registry tweak. Does anyone know how/where I can? Thanks in advance, Chri -- cbh3571 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

how to get internal email in the queue ?
Hi, I know that an internal email that is forwarded to an emailaddress that is setup as a queue will not arrive in ms crm, but I need to have a workaround for this. Any sugguestions ? I assume it must be possible to get around this. Please help. Regards Wim Wim - I've been able to set up a free forwarding account outside the domain - something like mydomain_helpdesk@yahoo.com - and set up that external account to automatically forward all email back into my helpdesk address - helpdesk@mydomain.com (which is associated with the CRM Queue) - So, instead of emailing the CRM Queue dire...

help on combo box...
i have a combo box cbPayee... on top of the list is "add new payee..." below which are the other names ...how can i enable it that when the 1st row is selected, a pop-up form wud appear for data entry... thanks... -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the After Update event of the combo. If Me.cbPayee = "add new payee..." Then 'Do it here Else However, a more common technique is to use the combo's NotInList event for this purpose. Set the combo's Limit To List property to Yes. Delete the "add new payee...&q...

Resizing "comments" boxes in a workbook all at once
I do not know how I did it but all my comments (about 200 of them) defaulted to a size that makes them almost invisible with only the tails showing. The only way I can resize them is by going into each one and change the shape. I gave up after about 50 and I am now desperate for the information contained in all comments boxes. Is there a way of making all the boxes the same size in one go? How did I manage to screw up and how do I avoid doing it again. Thanks Rita You could resize them programmatically. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Re...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...

custom color palette does not get transferred with the workbook. Excel 2003
Scenario:We use a custom color palette with predefined company colors, and excel 2003. Default workbook has also been modified to replicate colors to new workbooks - located at %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\workbook.xls NOw the problem: When users create a workbook based in the default and email it to outside users who does not have the custom color palette defined as default, the colors change - custom palette disappears and workbook shows excel default colors,sometimes making the document very difficult to read. Also, if we email the document back to the origina...

= Text formula problem
Hi Everyone, I am using an excel spreadsheet as a linked table in an access database for an update query. I had it working very nicely for a period of time. I am not sure if some Microsoft update caused a problem or what. The field I use t o update my database didn't work until I used this formula to make a new row. I have a column of numbers which was retrieved from a data miner program it's called Acct. For some reason Access doesn't like the formatting so I insert a blank column to the right and call that PtNum. In the first cell of this column which is C2, I type ...

Writing rules: Looking for text string in HTML Body
I am trying to fight SPAM by deleting messages that contain certain text strings in the body. It seems certain SPAM messages run in streaks and I can get hundreds of the same message but I am unable to block them with my SPAM software so I want to write a rule to delete them. Writing a "normal" rule and selecting: "with '<TARGET TEXT>' in the body" may not work on an HTML message if the sender has disguised that text as follows: Displayed text: a new home purchase HTML Code for same: a n<AJZDE>ew home purcha</LAHIOJ>se How can I fil...

How do I save Visio help text boxes as html
I have a Visio process flow containing help text boxes (mouse overs) and hyperlinks that I want to save as a web document (html). When saved, the help text boxes are no longer available. How do I save as html so that they are available? ...

Comment box defaults
Can I change the comment box default font and stop it inserting my name in each box? Peter delete user name from the tools > options > general > delete user name from the tools > options > general and replace with a space To change the default font size (Note: this will change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs) -- Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type he...

Changing field sze of labels and text boxes independently
I am using Access 2007. I created a report with the wizard. Now I can't change the size of labels or text boxes without all the fields/labels changing in concert. What do I do to permit changing these things individually? Must be simple, but the help function in Acess 2007 I find not very helpful. On the arrange tab, look for the button for Remove. Highlight the controls and click remove. This will ungroup the controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DDB6...

XslCompiledTransform Load method getting "Root element is missing" XSL Compile error...???
XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); ASCIIEncoding encodeToByteArray = new ASCIIEncoding(); MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream outputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream xslStream = new MemoryStream(); String inputString = "<foo>Hello XSL</foo>"; byte[] inputArray = encodeToByteArray.GetBytes(inputString); //write the string buffer to the stream inputStream.Write(inputArray, 0, inputString.Length); Str...

how to set value of text bounded on combo box?
Hi, I have a combo box with row sours of a table, and there is a text box. What I want to do is once the user selects a value from the combo box, the text box should be filled by a specific data. For example, the combo box has list of names, and once the user select the name; the text box shows the phone number of the selected name automatically. Note: both the name and phone number are in the same table. How can I do that? Make sure that the query for the combobox returns both the name and phone number. The Phone number does not have to be visible in the combobox. In the combobox A...

Excel name boxes
How do I change or delete a name in an Excel name box? (A name box is the white rectangle in the upper left corner of an Excel page that shows the cell address, e.g. Q143. You can change the 'name' of the cell from the cell address to a description, e.g. Sales-Other and click it from a drop down menu at the name box instead of scrolling to it.) You're referring to a named range. On the main menu, click >Insert >Name >Define. The full population of named ranges will show in the drop down: you can edit, delete, expand etc from that list. To change or delete a name: ...