Get a curved edge to a list in a text box

I have a text box with a list of items in it.  I am
trying to get a curve theme to my publication and want to
make the left hand edge of the list be a curve.  I have
tried creating an oval shape in the hope that the text in
the text box would wrap round it but it doesn't.

I am using Publisher 2000.

I know this can be done because I've seen a printed
Publisher leaflet but how oh how?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Mary Ann
0
anonymous (74722)

Insert, new drawing, draw a curved line, on the toolbar, click Object Frame
Properties, select picture only. You can adjust the margins in this dialogue.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a text box with a list of items in it.  I am
> trying to get a curve theme to my publication and want to
> make the left hand edge of the list be a curve.  I have
> tried creating an oval shape in the hope that the text in
> the text box would wrap round it but it doesn't.
>
> I am using Publisher 2000.
>
> I know this can be done because I've seen a printed
> Publisher leaflet but how oh how?
>
> As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mary Ann

0
gsauer (5093)
6/16/2004 2:14:19 PM
Thanks Mary - problem solved!

0
anonymous (74722)

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Getting the BCC field by default.

parameter for text

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Format List Box!

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...