Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?

Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with
FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ?
cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated.

0
Cracker

Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am
|| familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the
|| server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info
|| appreciated.

I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server
extensions, so you should be safe on most, if not all servers.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

My format toolbar dissappeared and won't come back... Outlook 2003
I don't mean, grayed out. I mean not there. HTML, Rich text, doesn't matter. Any ideas? Is it turned off or actually deleted? Did you try resetting toolbars? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newslette...

2000 vs 2003 12-03-07
I have a MDB database which was developed using Access 2000. I have no problem running it. My coworkers who has Access 2003 gets error periodically. How can I force the MDB to be run in 2000 all the time? Do your coworkers have both Access 2000 and 2003? If not, all you can do is run it using whatever version they have. What sorts of problems occur? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "snlcoy" <snlcoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44C3C66D-695E-45B2-966F-6839D192F4EB@microsoft.com... >I have ...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

OWA 2003 connect failure with HTTP 404
Windows 2003 SP1 with newly installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2 as a mailbox server OWA users failed to log on with HTTP error 404 right from day one after installation Right-clicking Exchange virtual directory in IIS Manager and choose Explore resulted in "Page cannot be displayed". Wasn't this supposed to display the folders in the mailbox root? Right-clicking "Exchange virtual directory" in IIS Manager and choose Browse resulted in "Page cannot be found". The "Local Path" field of Exchange virtual directory does show "\\.\BackOffice...

How do I paginate in Publisher 2003?
I have an 11 to 12-page service menu to produce for a church. My finished product before Publisher is an .rtf file, two pages per sheet in landscape form. I've tried importing the file. It produces 22 pages, which print just as they would in Word--no pagination. I can do pencil/paper pagination, but will Publisher even do it? How? It is not clear what you mean by pagination. Are you trying to print a booklet? -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Do you have an 11 (or 12) page Pub document with linked text bo...

Outlook 2003 gelen kutusu kapsitesi
mrb bebim sıkıntım outlok 2003 'ün özellikleri hakkında mesela gelen kutusunun kapasitesi ne kadar bu ve bunun gibi konuların cevaplarını nasıl bulurum yardımcı olursanız sevinirim -- ...

Exchange 2003 Scene
I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. I want to build the following scene: Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal) Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete dept mailbox contents. Is that possible? On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:02 -0700, Will <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. > >I want to build the following scene: >Commom Us...

Publisher:mac
Hello, I had a general question. I will be switching over to a mac OS and wanted to know if Microsoft has plans to release MS Publisher as part of Offiice:mac. Thank You. Hello - Few, if anyone, in this ng has any idea, and those who may know are not at liberty to disclose MS's marketing strategy. FWIW, I wouldn't hold my breath. There are already a number of low-end page layout apps available for Mac & the potential return on investment probably doesn't justify recoding Publisher for another OS. Regards |:>) In article <1136896785.242983.19080@g43g2000cwa.googlegr...

WM5 and Exchange 2003 sp2
I have problems getting my QTEK 8310 to work against Exchange I have a selfsigned certificate installed on the qtek and can access oma without beeing prompted so that should be ok. But I get the error 0x85010014 when I try to sync with Exchange, I just tried to create a new virtual directory for Exchange and called it exchange-oma just like SBS server does and change the registry (MAS) to point to this, but no go :( I have spend alot of time with this now and am really sick and tired of trying to get this to work, I have alot of customers also wanting this solution but as long as our o...

Outlook 2003 will close but not shutdown
Running Outlook (11.8010.6568) SP2 Have multiple email accounts setup for selection on startup. Once an email account is selected everything works fine. When I shut Outlook down to go to another email account, Outlook shuts down but once selected again, the other email account automatically starts again. After I shut Outlook down, and select Windows Task Manager, Outlook is still running. The only way to go to another email account is to manually shut down Outlook via Windows Task Manager. I know that this is not the way it should be, but there seems to be no alternative. Is there a...

move multiple folders in outlook 2003 Public Folders
I am using Outlook 2003 and use Public Folders to hold Project Emails etc. At the end of each month, I need to move the folders created in the month to an archive Public Folder. For example, I would have public folders called 091101-420, 091101-421, 091102-423, 091104-424 and would need to move them to an archive folder 0911. I currently right click the folder to be moved, select "Move...", select 0911 from the drop down list and then click "OK". I have to do this for each folder. I can't see a way of selecting multiple Public Folders to move them all at o...

Wnat to change email address of Public Folder email address with Exchange 2003! Get error
The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible are that the Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service i snot running. Id no: c1030af Exchange System Manager Used as part of SBS 2K3 Publick folders and information services are started and working properly! Questions? 1) How to fix Public stores are not mounted? How? 2) Fixed with Exchange SP1 "Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:z0Nqe.59554$887.53617@tornado.socal.rr.com... > The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible ...

Outlook 2003 error message #6
Has anyone seen this error message? We are running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Does not happen all the time. Usually happens on DSL link. I cannot re-create it. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: (subject) Sent: 2/25/2004 8:40 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (End user) on 2/25/2004 8:40 AM Remote was unable to open a message for submission on the server.Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Thanks in advance ...

Advice on Exchange 2003 Recovery #2
I have spent the last 6 hours going over the MS docs on Exchange 2k3 recovery, but none seem to address this situation I have. 1 Seattle office 1 New York office Both have a domain controller serving a single domain. The single Exchange 2003 server is in the Seattle location. Disaster Recovery Scenario: Seattle is Nuked Somehow I and my colleagues survive. We go to our disaster recovery facility in Portland, OR and install a fresh copy of Windows on new hardware, VPN to New York, and add the new server as a second DC to the New York DC. My question is how am I to recover exchange? I have...

outlook 2003 sent items column displays "none"
Hi.. When I send a mail message to someone (an exchange user) by Outlook 2003 ; message shown as in sent items 'to column' "to : (none)" (with arrange by to: ) and in message to & cc fields are blank... In addition mail recipients receiving mail to & cc fields are blank.. How can I solve this problem ; can anybody help me ? Thanks.. ...

Urgent case-Calendar problem after moving to Exchange 2003
Hi, We're in the middle of moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have currently 2 Exchange 5.5 sites. One of the sites has also Exchange 2003. This site's users moved to Exchange 2003. We moved only 2 users from remote site to our new Exchange 2003 server. One of the users had permission to open her manager's calendar. Now, she can't open the calendar after the move. The manager mailbox is still on 5.5 in remote site. We thought of consolidating the servers. Any suggestions? Thanks, Haim Beyhan On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:05:19 +0200, "Haim Beyhan" <...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

unable to do 1/4 page landscape postcard in publisher 2007
I am trying to do a 1/4 page LANDSCAPE layout in publisher where I can print 4 postcards per page in the landscape mode. I have done this for years with 2003, but now with the new 2007, I can do it in PORTRAIT mode, but not landscape. I do not like the looks of in portrait, but everything that I have tried, will not work. If I try to print in landscape, it will only do 2 per page, not the 4 needed. I have done custom pages, with multiple pages per sheet, but I cannot get it do in landscape. Help please! Use one of Avery's US postcard templates in page layout. They work every ...

In POwer POint 2003 can I gradually add text in the same slide?
I want to gradually add text in my presentation within the same slide. For ex: The beginning of an equation and click the mouse to complete the equation as I explain it. Read the instruction here: http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00581.htm -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "PP HELP" <PP HELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6190E093-00D4-492A-AD1A-3F589B809E5D@microsoft.com... > I want to gradually add text in ...

I need to publish my website from Publisher 2003
Please help I have no idea how to publish my website that I created in Publisher 2003. I am all done and it says something about a URL or FTP. This is my first website and its for my business. Anyone please help. Thanks My first question would be whether you have a URL. This is the address that the end user (such as me) would type in to access your site. Who is going to host your site? Talk to them. If you're going to host your own site, you may be a bit over your head for now. Since you seem to be REALLY new at this, which is NOT a crime, I'd suggest doing some homework befo...

Mailbox Size limits in Exchange 2003?
I would like to find out if there is a way to modify what the quota actually includes in the size of the mailbox. Here is the problem we are facing. We have configured quotas on mailboxes and we would like to set hard quotas but we have noticed that the dumpster is included in the size. We have also noticed that when users use the Auto-Archive feature in Outlook 2003 it creates a Dumpster for all folders archived. This does create a problem because those dumpsters are not easy to get to for most users. We have set the deleted item retention policy to 7 days and we are encouraging user...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? The Linux box is relaying the mail . Thanks "Donta" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How > do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? > The Linux box is relaying the mail . > > > Thanks You need to add an SMTP connector then set the linux server as a Smart Host (I forget where...

Outlook 2003 EAS server-based Archive solution Questions
At work they installed EAS on selected PCs including, I believe, my PC. All of my older email messages in the Inbox have a symbol that looks likke an external drive, CD disk and an envelope. When I open these messages the original attachment isn't there just the attachment titles. What do I need to do to get to the attachments? On my PC I don't see the EAS Icon in the System Tray. Does EAS need to be loaded on my PC before I can open EAS archived attachments? Thanks, Tom What is EAS???? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

Updates took out Publisher
We have 7 computers at church and our Publisher software no longer opens our latest newsletters. We have 6 Prof. XP's and one Business Vista running Business Suite 2007. Any others having similar problem? -- Al This article explains why you are experiencing failure to open old files. Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PrAl" <PrAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01EAB8BC-48E0-46E1-858B-09FCBE27D74F@microsoft.com... > We hav...

Trying to open a Publisher file from School
At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB > 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Microsoft Home Publishing and Microsoft Publisher are two completely separate, different, and unfortunately similarly-named applications. Their filetypes are incompatible. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have...