Formatting Problem - From Word to Publisher

I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of  h7.25" x
w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around.  I've been provided with material on
floppies to incorporate into the booklet.  The material is in the wrong font
type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting.  This I've
done by opening the document into a  WORD document of the same dimensions as
stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document.  There are
some centering, indents, right or left alignment.  When I then try to insert
this into the booklet in Publisher, some of the formatting is not honored by
Publisher; e.g., left aligns align to the text box margin instead of the
0.5" margins.  Any way to insert seamlessly?

Dick

0
ralurs (8)

Why cannot you do this within Publisher? What version Publisher are you using?

Set up your printer first.. Input 9.5 x 7.25 in the printer's custom options,
landscape.
In Publisher page setup, select booklet, if you are using Publisher 2002 or 03 the
setup will reflect your printer settings. If you are using Publisher 2000 or below,
select special fold, booklet, here again the setup will reflect the printer's
settings.
You will lose formatting trying to bring this into Word.  Publisher is a page layout
application, Word tries, but fails.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dick" <ralurs@fuse.net> wrote in message
> I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of  h7.25" x w4.75"
> with 0.5" margins all around.  I've been provided with material on floppies to
> incorporate into the booklet.  The material is in the wrong font type and size and
> needs considerable change in other formatting.  This I've done by opening the
> document into a  WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring
> the content to this WORD document.  There are some centering, indents, right or
> left alignment.  When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, some
> of the formatting is not honored by Publisher; e.g., left aligns align to the text
> box margin instead of the 0.5" margins.  Any way to insert seamlessly?
>
> Dick

0
gsauer (5093)
10/22/2004 4:12:05 PM
I am using Publisher 2000.  I did try opening the data from the floppy
directly in Publisher and it does work much better.  I can format it and
then cut and paste into my primary booklet.
Thanks much for your help, Mary.

0
ralurs (8)
10/23/2004 3:22:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback... It is rare.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I am using Publisher 2000.  I did try opening the data from the floppy directly in
>Publisher and it does work much better.  I can format it and then cut and paste into
>my primary booklet.
> Thanks much for your help, Mary.

0
gsauer (5093)

Task Duration Changes on SAVE & OPEN in XML format
Hi, We have discovered a strange problem in MSProject after installing SP2 The task duration changes when MPP file is saved as XML and XML file is reopened. This is causing a havoc. There is nothing specific about the file. File with even one task shows the problem. Any help possible. Can I upload the file somehwere? Hi, I'm running Project 2007 SP2. I created 7 tasks with durations from 1d to 7d and linked them. Saved to xml. Closed. Create new project from xml file and finish date of 7th task was same and all durations same. What's the minimum you have to...

Migration and client language problem
Hi! We will migrate mailboxes from one Exchange 2003 to the another Exchnage 2003 on the other AD and on other Exchange Organization. Both servers have the language version ENGLISH. But our Outlook clients use the language GERMAN. As a test, we migrated some mailboxes to the new Exchange Server. The Outlook profiles are created after the migration on each client pc. Each client PC has Windows XP in German and also Office 2003 in German. The users logon to Exchange by using RPC over HTTPS. We found out that Outlook folders exist in both languages, for exampe "Sent Items" ( an...

Problem with Line Chart #2
Hi - I am having problems with my "Line chart with markers" where the "line" between the markers refuse to display. The chart has 3 series displayed in as a stacked column/single column and a 4th series as a line chart with markers. The line between the markers should display as a solid black line, but nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Ex...

How do I copy and paste more than two pages in publisher
My daughter has written a book in publisher which is approx 125 pages long. How can I select all the pages, so that I can copy all the text. then be able to paste it into word? It's so I can proof read it and correct mistakes. Alternatively, when I introduce paragraphs into her text, I lose the bottom text from the page, how can I stop this and make it go onto the following page? Thanks in advance Jon Now you know why long documents are best done in Word. If your daughter had never linked the text boxes... The reason why you are losing the paragraphs you are introducing is because P...

More Problems with List Box
Hi Having some problems running a report with a list box selection. Below is the code I am using. The code should create a criteria (in the field Seperator) to run a report based upon a query, however this is not happening. If I enter the criteria directly into the query and then run the query it works fine, so it would appear the criteria is not being passed to the query. The problem is the report runs and shows all records from the table regardless of the selection in the list box Private Sub cmdRunReport_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCriteria As String Dim strAss...

Complicated conditional formatting problem [Excel 2007]
Hello! I have a cell with the following formula: =(AVERAGE(Table4[Column2]))&"/"&AVERAGE(Table4[Column3]) It displays for example: 145/80 Now, I`d like to color the cell red if any of the following is true: a) First value(here: 145) is not between 90 and 140 b) Second value (here:80) is not between 50 and 90 Any ideas how to do this? Greetings :) In the CF dialogue box you need to select Formula Is and then use this formula: =3DOR(--LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)<90,--LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)>140,-- RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1))<50,...

Office 2003 Signature Problem
My Outlook 2003 intermittently will not use the correct signature line for new or replies. I do this setup correct. Any ideas? David Are there any similarities between the messages it doesn't add it to? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Ou...

publisher 2003 compared to 2002
Hi, it appears that 2002 behaves differently than 2003 when you try to insert a picture. I am using a template created in Publisher 2000 by someone else which has placeholders for images. If I use 2003 and doubleclick when using the top "Select Objects" tool in the image placeholder then I get the insert picture dialog appear I choose the image and it is resized to fit the placeholder dimension. However if I do the same thing in 2002 then I simply get the format autoshape dialog. In additon I note that if I try to create an EMPTY placeholder for an image using 2002 the help file di...

I want to change a word file into a pdf file

conditional formatting 02-19-10
Hi, Windows XP fully updated Excel 2002 sp3 is there a way to make a cell's background colour change depending upon the contents for ANOTHER cell. E.G. if cell A1 contains the word 'done' I would like the background colour of B1 to be yellow. Conditional formatting only seems to work on the cell in question not on another cell. Thanks -- Nospam This question appears as unanswered in my OE, so excuse me if this is an extra, unneeded reply. Select B1, then use CFR with the Custom option, with a formula that returns TRUE or FALSE IF A1 will j...

Safest image format to use with Word?

Word spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm copying a legal document which has double spaces between all the words. Is there some way I can make that happen automatically? Thanks. In article <59bb926d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <Weezer@officeformac.com> wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm copying a legal >document which has double spaces between all the words. Is there some >way I can make that happen automatically? Thanks. Between words, not between sentences? Well, you could do a search ...

Series Problem
My graph with two series does not match?? Any suggestions. How can u match a series to the x axis - is there any way to manipulate the chart without changing the data??? Thanks - Matt -- Mrinklin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mrinklin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25365 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391125 Hi, Bit thin on detail there. Are you using a line chart so your values are equally spaced on the x axis instead of related to the data? If so use a xy s...

Have 2002 publisher need FREEupdate/download to see 2003 version?
I have Microsoft publisher 2002. I can't open 2003 publisher files. Please help/advise. Spencer Have the sender save them as 2002 format. There are only two other choices, purchase 2003 or have someone with 2003 convert them for you. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Spencer" <Spencer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26F686C9-F645-4691-BB9D-866BAD41A3AF@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft publisher 2002. I can't open 2003 publisher files. Please > help/advise. > Spencer The good news is that 2003 and all future editions will be able to ope...

Installation problem #5
My old Microsoft Publisher 98 CD will not install. Message says files may be corrupted. Help, please. ...

Printing Excel and Word Documents From Access
Hello, I'm pretty new to access. I've been teaching myself how to write a bit of code, and get by. I'm a bit stuck on this one. I want to be able to print various excel and word documents from a list in access. The one issue with printing is that some of the documents need duplexed, some don't. Also, various numbers of copies of the douments would be needed. My initial thought is to create a combo box, or even a simple list of sorts that would list all of the various documents. Then have a text box that you could type in the number of copies you wanted. If it's pos...

Can I merge data from multiple contacts into one word document?
I would like to merge data from more than one contact record, but all into one document...everything I have tried so far results in many unique documents. Is there a way to extract data from multiple records, to produce a single document? I am running Office Xp Pro, local instalation. Thanks +@itude Use a mail merge to Word, selecting the catalog format for the merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "+@itude" <vit...

Excel hyperlink problem after sorting
I sort one of my Excel 2002 spreadsheets by data in the columns. I recently added hyperlinks to the data in one of the columns and then, to my horror and disbelief, discovered that when I resorted the data the hyperlinks no longer matched their original cells! Does anyone know a way round this problem please? V "Victor Delta" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:j2ee0n$jbe$1@dont-email.me... >I sort one of my Excel 2002 spreadsheets by data in the columns. I >recently added hyperlinks to the data in one of the columns and then, >to my horror and disbelief...

Format cells #5

XmlTextReader Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C48B76.E18EA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone else experience this problem when using the XmlTextReader? (See = stack trace below)=20 I've installed the patch from knowledge base article 839588, but it = didn't fix it. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the = range of valid values. Parameter name: The specified value must be greater than 0. at System.Net.ServicePoint.set_ConnectionLimit(Int32 value) ...

onditional Formating
If I want to conditionally format a whole row, depending on the contents of just one cell in that row, can this be done? So, let's say I have the range A1:M100 I want each individual row (A to M) to be conditionally formatted if the value in the M cell of that row is <0.95, or >1.05 (2 different conditions & formats) Is this possible? Ideally without VBA, as I'm wanting to pass the technique onto staff whose Excel knowledge, is, shall we say, limited. Amy advice greatly appreciated. Jay Select all of the rows 1:100, goto CF, change Condition 1 To Formula Is, and a...

newsgroup problem #3
I have been accessing newsgroups thru MS Outlook for 2 yrs..tried to reinstall MS xp last weekend and ever since then, when i select 'news' in outlook, outlook express opens? i cannot figure out how to change this? Any suggestions would be helpful at this point Thank You Outlook has always used Outlook Express to read news. Nothing different here. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, db asked: | I hav...

XML reader problem in latest .net build?
Latest .NET framework has problem loading XML docs, it says invalid character when there is none, works fine on last build. Whats changed? How do you fix or skip error in xml file as this is a xml feed from a news service a rdf doc so if MS XML reader cannot read it how can it be forced to read it and ignore funny character, even though all it looks like is a $ signe in a text block. ...

Publisher 98 Mail Merge
I am trying to open a file to print envelopes stored in Publisher 98. When I click on Mail Merge I get a message that Mail Merge can not continue. Can this be fixed? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com What version Windows are you using? Is there more to the error message? Update your MDAC components, see if that helps. http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hillary Norton via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:f634b16777a6474b...

Help! with code to open word
I need to write a macro that opens up word & copies a selection from the excel file into the new word document pasted as "Picture (enhanced metafile)" I am currently using excel 2003 Something like this should get you started: Sub copyRangeToWord() Dim gobjWordApp As Object Dim wdPasteMetafilePicture As Integer Dim wdInLine As Integer ' Imitate Word constants wdPasteMetafilePicture = 3 wdInLine = 0 ' Create new Word session with a new, empty document Set gobjWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") gobjWordApp.Documents.Add go...