Formatting - Portion of Doc Shows When Decrease in Size

I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size.
Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the
entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with
the size. Any input?
0
Patty (25)

Patty wrote:
> I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size.
> Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the
> entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with
> the size. Any input?

Publisher doesn't resize the contents of a document when you change the
page size. The easiest way to resize a document like this when printing
is to print a PDF file at the original size, and then print the PDF,
telling Adobe Reader to scale the document to fit the page.

For Publisher 2003 and earlier, a free PDF creator can be found at
www.primopdf.com. For Publisher 2007, there is PDF functionality
built-in; it can be activated using the add-in at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F1FC413C-6D89-4F15-991B-63B07BA5F2E5

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Format Autoshape Contents
Can the format for the text and background of an autoshape be a function of the value in a cell? I know the text in the autoshape can be a function of the text in a cell, but the format of the text in the autoshape seems to only have manual adjustments. You can't connect the Autoshape's formatting to a cell's contents. You could use an event procedure to change the autoshape, if the content of a specific cell changes. Joseph wrote: > Can the format for the text and background of an autoshape be a function of > the value in a cell? > > I know the text in the au...

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

Outlook Calendar doesn't show up -- magic solution post exists somewhere
There is a post somewhere, that I have searched for and searched for, that has a simple solution for making the Outlook calendar magically reappear. All it involves is hitting two keys something like <Control> and 6. Unfortunately, I can't remember the two keys nor can I find the post again. But the solution works so well . . . and I can't remember what it was. Ususally I write down wonderful tips but must have forgotten this time! Does anyone know what the magic solution is or where I can find that wonderful post> Ctrl+6 brings up the folder list so you can see all of your ...

Document Size
Hia! How are you doing friends! An explanation and if possible a suggestion to solve the problem please; I had a 40 KB document. I built Macros into it but did not add any content. It has swollen to 400 KB. Now if I remove the Macros it is still 200 KB not 40 KB as I expect. See the article "Combatting Template Bloat” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TemplateBloat.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews...

Publisher 2003 Huge file size
Created a web page using Publisher 2003. 19 total pages with pictures, some as big as 2mb. Total file size has ballooned to 650 mb. All pictures reduced to 96kb. Action only reduced file size by 17 mb. Systematically copied the file and deleted a page at a time--final result was a file with NO pages, but was 625 MB-- Any clues why a Publisher 2003 file would do this? I read about publisher 2000 and 2002 problems but ohter posts claim this is corrected in 2003. File is essentially unworkable and months of work has been wasted. Scott wrote: > Created a web page using Publisher 2003. &g...

How do I increae size of ad I did in template from 2"x2" to a full
How do I increae size of ad I did in template from 2" x2" to a full page? You'll have problems because the proportions of the 2" x 2" ad will not be the same for a full page. At best you'd get something like 8" x 8". If you really want a *full-size* ad, you need to start from scratch. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "april lady" <aprillady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC666E4B-D878-4CCF-AE5B-31D4E12C406A@microsoft.com... > How do ...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

Conditional Format order
Hi all, Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all? Thanks - Dave. Sorry, no quick and easy way - just be glad there aren't more to deal with! Do remember that you can change groups of cells to same conditions, at least you don't have to do that one at a time. "davebonallack@hotmail.com" wrote: > Hi all, > Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional > formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all? > Thanks - Dave. > > You could open...

how do I set up my daily calendar in an agenda format?
I am looking to provide a daily agenda for my myself so co-workers can see what is being worked on and by who. Any help is appreciated. "Spurs" <Spurs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBAF983B-EDFF-45A7-913A-09EE69FCAFD9@microsoft.com... >I am looking to provide a daily agenda for my myself so co-workers can see > what is being worked on and by who. Any help is appreciated. Do you have an Exchange or SharePoint server? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Custom Number Format Text
I have a spreadsheet with custom formatting of a number to show the currency name as text. This is a download from another application, so I have no control of how it is formatted or the output. For example, I might see the following cells in a given single column : 4,234 EUR 1,453 USD 2,999 CHF These will all follow the custom format "#,##0 XXX" where XXX is the currency type. How can I split off the text portion of the format to another column? If my orginal cell was A1, how could I make cell A2 = A1(CustomFormatTextOnly) I am open to a VBA solution for this as well...

how to convert between various video format?
Bigasoft Total Video Converter helps you fast convert between various video files to enjoy your favorite movie or music video on portable device, mobile phone, mp4 player, personal computer, television, YouTube and so on with ease. The powerful video conversion tool supports video conversion between a wide range of video formats, including AVI, Xvid, DivX, H.264, MP4, 3GP, MKV, WMV, RM, FLV, MOV, etc. The amazing video converter is not only an easy-to-use movie conversion tool but also a powerful audio converter which can convert between audio files like MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, etc. Moreover,...

Anyone has any idea about XF: Extended Format (E0h) record ?
Hey Gentry, I am writing a program to extract data from excel file directly. having an issue on the XF record. According the document from microsoft(Office 97 document). Every cell keep a XF index point to the XF table, you can get the format ID from the XF table, but I am trying this method against several excel file, I found the same format(for example 12,345.00) map to different format ID, in my case it's 176/179, anyone has any idea about how to get the format information of the cell ? any input is appreciated. Thanks, Tim -- ...

Format phone number
I can't get Outlook 2007 - now using Vista - to format phone numbers as (xxx) xxx-xxxx. It did it okay with XP, but since updating to Vista there is no format - just 10 numbers. Not using exchange. How can I get it to automatically display the usual phone number format? Thanks, wiersma7 Set your dialing location correctly. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wiersma7" <wiersma7@comcast.net> wrote in message news:E065A1C1-95F6-4795-8E6C-94339131E987@microsoft.com... >I can't get Outlook 2007 - now using Vista - to format phone numbers as >(xxx) xxx-xxxx. It d...

Post Create Callout to show web page
Hi. I want to know if it's possible in a post create callout source code, open a new web page where the user can choose aditional information for the entity. What I want to do is show to the user a custom web page, once a appointment is created. Thanks for your help. -- MCP SBS 2003 Hi Joel Showing a custom page would be client side behavior. It can be done using client side JavaScript. A call out is not the place to go for such functionality. Try this: 1. Create a bit field, 'firstLoad' (or something that signifies that the record is being viewed for the first time). S...

Open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc.
When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do I fix it to make it open a blank document every time? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bizbuzz" <Bizbuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D2DC41-2AC1-40D0-88EE-807FDC23C576@microsoft.com... > When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do > I > fix it to make it open a blank document every time? ...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Did Outlook 97 support HTML formats email ?
seems can't support html formats, want to confirm. If yes, How ? No, it was developed before HTML email became popular. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the Slipstick Ratings Raffle at ht...

Help adding word doc to excel tab?
Here is the deal. I have an expense report procedure written in word and the expense report itself is in Excel. Boss loves it and oh by the way can you add the Word procedures document into an Excel tab. My answer was sure and now I have farted around with it way to long. Sure can be humbling when what you though you knew wasn't really known at all. I have tried inserting an object, browsing, and picking the word document. Appears to work but only grabs the 1st page of the word doc. I have tried all sorts of things and I won't even mention most of them because all I manage to get fro...

exporting\converting Outlook 5.n data from MAC to PC format
Hello Am trying to help a friend out. He has all of his email data within Outlook Express 5.x for MAC - he wants this data transferred to his new PC - in Outlook Express 6.0. Can someone please assist, how is this done, etc. Regards Grant S> "Grant Scurrah" <kkcgps@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:23ce801c45f54$4de2d760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > Am trying to help a friend out. > He has all of his email data within Outlook Express 5.x > for MAC - he wants this data transferred to his new PC - > in Outlook Express 6.0. > > Can someone pleas...

Changing Comment font size?
Is there a way to change the default font size for the comment box t something larger than 8? These old eyes having trouble reading th comments, especially if the sheet is shown on the screen at less tha 100% size. It is time consuming to have to individually change th comment size one comment at a time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ok, I figured it out and the answer is in the Display Properties unde Tool Tips. Two more questions. 1. Where do I revise the Comment setting so the first line of th comment is not my name. 2. When I set the comment box size, close the doc...

Number formats
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi there, <br><br>How can I change the excel 2008 number format from e.g. $3 235,95 (three thousand two hundred and thirty five dollars and ninety five cents) to 3,235.95 (this was the old format in 2004) BUT it appears to have changed and I don't seem to be able to change it back. <br><br>Thank you It appears to me that you need to make a trip into System Preferences - Language & Text - Formats to make sure your Region, Currency & Numbers formats are set properly. Excel s...

Free/Busy time not showing on any computer
Hello, Just finished putting SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003 together. For some reason, whenever one user tries to schedule an appointment with another, the Free/Busy time doesn't show up. I already check the settings on Outlook 2003 itself under tools --> options --> calendar options --> Free/Busy options, it says that the calendar (next two months) will be published. Please advise. Thanks. 1. Send a test calendar entry/appointment to all users (somewhere in decemer 2006), make everyone accept and delete it; 2. Install SBS 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2; 3. You can increase the ...

How to show a tool tip on an activex control embedded in a Cdialog
Hi, I have an activex control(IWebBrowser2) control embedded in a CDialog. I need to show a tool tip on the control depending on some conditions. I have tried the following approaches- 1)Tried using CTooltipCtrl object in the CDialog derived class in which the control is embedded. The whole show - override PreTranslateMessage() { m_tooltip.relayEvent(pMsg); } This does not work. 2) Used the above approach in the class implementing the IWebBrowser2 contol - which is a CWnd derived class. This also does not work. 3)I created my own CWnd derived tooltip class and show it when some conditio...

convert poster to letter size to print
How do I convert poster to letter size to print? Create a letter size PDF copy and then print it. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "JF" <JF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:158E3B15-0A0C-4972-995D-9BC81B40A3A3@microsoft.com... > How do I convert poster to letter size to print? ...

CRM 4.0: "Lookup Address" button doesn't always show contact's add
Hey all of you masters of the CRM, here is a puzzle for ya. We made the upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend, and most things have been going well. We are noticing however that when you are in a contact, and select "orders" followed by the "New Order" button, once you click on "Look up address" it doesn't always show the address associated with the contact (even though I can confirm that the addresses show up in the contact). Some records show it. Others do not. Not sure how to figure this one out. Any ideas? -- Sketchy Only addresses with ...