formatting background on CD label

How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates
of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It
looks really ugly.
0
Faith (3)

Faith wrote:
> How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates
> of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It
> looks really ugly.

Instead of using the "background" option (which is more designed for web
pages), insert the picture (either on the Master Page, or on the
publication page and send it to the back), and resize it to fill the
page (preferably without distorting it, which may require spilling over
the edge in one direction).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

using labels as reference to count
I'm trying to figure out what function or combination of functions would allow me to search for a label in a column, then count the items in the cells in the ajacent rows. The sticking point is that the labels are sorted, so my cell reference would change on a irregular interval which will not allow me to set up a specific range to count from. Any ideas would be appreciated. I believe I can use a function to count and read the labels, but the variable label location is what is throwing me for a loop right now. Again any help would be appreciated. Roy Not sure exactly what...

Open XLS file without it's number format using VBA?
An XLS file has been saved with it's numbers formatted to a specified number of decimal places. Using VBA how do you read in that XLS file with the numbers unformatted and with the original number of decimal places? Workbooks.Open (filename:="myFileName.xls", ????) Not sure what you mean by "read in". The values are still in the cells. If you open the workbook, then transfer the cell values from the worksheet to VBA, you'll get the entire number, not the version that is rounded for viewing purposes. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:55:55 GMT, Dennis@NoSpam.com wrote: >...

Product Labels
Does anyone have a solution for printing product labels (SKU, description, and possibly a bar code) from Dynamics sales order processing? We assemble orders with a large variety of SKUs on any given order, and need a simple solution to print product labels as we print each invoice in SOP. If anyone has a simple solution for this, I would be most grateful to hear it. Thanks and regards, -- S. Pennell St. Moritz Watch Corp. ...

How do I design a DVD label from scratch in Word 2007?
I don't see a way to start a new DVD label in Word 2007 and was wondering if anyone knew how to set one up. The templates work fine but they take too long to change to what I want. Word is a very poor program for creating DVD labels (and you should not add labels to DVD discs because of out of balance effects at very high rotational speeds). However investigate Surething CD Labeler software. http://www.surething.com/ For DVD case labels, you could create a three cell table (front spine and back) or use the aforementioned product. -- <>>< ><<>...

Background Color
In my Publisher 2000, I made the background a color for my brochure, however, when I print, the background color does not cover the entire page. Please offer advice. This is a limitation of your printer margins. Might try some colored paper instead. Look at your printer documentation to determine your printer margins or open WordPad, file, page setup, the default margins are usually there but if not input 0 into each margin; it will then default. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Mark" <info@whisperingcreek.net> wrote in me...

Conditional Formating and SetFocus Question
Thanks in advace. This place has answered a lot of questions before I needed to ask. Now, I need to ask. I have a Continous Form [DetailSubForm] based on table [DetailTbl] that has the following fields. *[DetailID], [DocID], [CompDate],[SubDate], [ConfirmDate], and [ExpireDate]. The [DocID] field is a dropdown list that draws the data from the [TrainDocTbl]. I would like to use GetFocus to go to one of the Date fields depending on the selection made in [DocID]. It would also be nice to be able to declare the backcolor and forecolor of the whole record depending on that choice...

0100 (24 hour) time
Hi, I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) . Which format is it - I have tried several and it drops the first zero(0) off. Cheers Mike You need to custom format the col as: hh:mm then enter the times with a colon, eg: 00:00 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "MikeR-Oz" wrote: > I wish to type in the cells 0100, 0200, 0300 etc but cannot see the format > type that retains these numbers as four digits (allows me to go to 2400) ....

backgrounds
How can I create one file that has a title background page, and then left and right background pages? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Beth Hi Beth Mc (beth.mcgoldrick@wnins.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How can I create one file that has a title background || page, and then left and right background pages? || || Anyone have any suggestions? What version of Publisher are you using? What version of Windows are you using? What kind of page layout are you using? With Publisher 2003 you can have multiple master pages (background) with different backgrounds. -- Brian Kvalheim ...

Contact View and Automatic Formatting
I have installed Outlook XP (Office XP have SP1 and SP2); I try to personalize a View of Contact folder. I want to use Automatic formatting and set this condition: "Message Class" contains "IPM.Contact". It doesn't work! When i used Office 2000 it work.. strange.. any helps?? Andrea ...

Format this cell like that cell, automatically?
I keep my grades in an Excel workbook of four sheets, of which the two relevant ones are Attendance and Grades. During the semester, if a student drops the course I mark all cells for that student in both worksheets as Locked and I apply a gray pattern to them. Having to do this in two worksheets is kind of a nuisance. Is there any way to set, say cells Grades!A11:AP11 to pick up automatically any formatting and Lock/Unlock status as it changes in Attendance!A1? I know I could do this in a macro, but I'm wondering if there's any purely worksheet way to do it. -- Stan Brown, O...

Conditional formatting based on matching record in separate query
I would like to conditionally format a patient's name (e.g., Bold) in a report, based on whether it finds that name in a separate query of New Admissions. How can I make my condition look for matching data in the query? The table name is Today'sList, and the query name is Admissions. The matching field name containing the patient's name is "Field1". Do I need to construct an expression using IIf (I'm assuming)? My question is, somehow I need my conditional expression to say "If Field1 matches any record's Field1 in this other query (Admissions),...

GP 10: Check printing format problems
When printing a check from the Payables Transaction Entry window, the check does not print with the same alignment from different workstations, eventhough the same printer and check format is used on all workstations. By alignment I mean the pay to name, check date, and check numerical amount are in different positions. Would a different operating system be the cause of this, some have XP others have Vista or would there be another reason for this? Yes, absolutely - a different printer driver can cause this. However, usually it will be a slight difference in alignment, so if they are ...

Conditional formatting based on an equal value in another workshee
I have a large spreadsheet with part numbers and prices. Have a second worksheet with part numbers and special prices. I want to have the first sheet cell to format bold/colur if the part number appears in the special list in the second sheet which is dynamic. Parts are being added or removed over time. Both partnumbers are in column B. -- Jack Create a defined name (Insert>Name>Define...) for the list in the other sheet, then use a formula of =ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,the_list,0)) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) &q...

how can I automatically put labels in a scatter graph (.xls) ?
how can I automatically put labels in a scatter graph (.xls) ? Knowing that each plot has a different name (label) and that in the menu Format/ selected data series / data labels , there is no "automatic" check box. Thanks a lot in advance! go to http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "emilie" wrote: > how can I automatically put labels in a scatter graph (.xls) ? > Knowing that each plot has a different name (label) and that in the menu > Format/ selected data series / data labels , there is no "automatic" check > box. > > Th...

Additional fields to LABEL
Hi Has anyone found out how to add items additional fields ( UnitOfMeasure by example) to Label? Ene wrote: > Hi > > Has anyone found out how to add items additional fields ( UnitOfMeasure by > example) to Label? no, you can add on rms label only fields available in label designer. cod Ene, We have an advance labeling software called RITE Label, that allows printing for additional fields such as Unit of Measure. If you are interested in learning more please give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager ...

Number format code
I can't seem to figure this one 21 1/2" vs. 21 " I am trying to create a custom format number code showing the inch hash marks after the number. My problem is when a whole number is input the space between the number and hash marks are annoyingly too far apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You could use conditional formatting using the a formula such as: =INT(A1)=A1 custom format as #\" and =INT(A1)<>A1 custom format as # ?/?\" 21 will be formatted as 21" and 21.5 as 21 1/2" Tyro "Woodbutche...

HTML Format of Comments Indicator
Is there a way to change how the HTML comment indicator shows on the HTML file? (Without manually editing the HTML file) What happens now in that every comment is sequentially labelled [1], [2], [3] and so on. Is there a way to just change it to an asterisk? Or another character? I briefly looked into the Script Editor but couldn't figure it out. Thanks! Greg ...

Help in programmatically setting formatting in an AppointmentItem
Hi, i have created a macro to generate some meeting invites. I used the WordEditor to set some formatting (Bold on/off, hyperlinks etc). However, i find that the formatting works only partially (or not at all). so far i've noticed that only the first invite generated is perfectly formatted. Can anyone help me out with this? Do i need to add something to the code or set some objects to null to ensure that the formatting stays throughout my outlook session? More info, please: Outlook version, relevant code snippet, more explanation of what you mean by "the first invite...

Date format problem #10
Hello I am having great difficulty in converting American date format int dd/mm/yy. I have used both the date format option and also the custo option, this has not been sucessful. I have attached a small dat sample and I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide som assistance in converting these dates. The dates are exported from an ERP system which operates the julia date system...unsure if this is the reason why I can't sucessfull convert all dates???! regards A Attachment filename: date format.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Conditional Formatting
Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I would like to highlight the cells in column C red if the cell value is greater than 5% of the value in column A. Here is my formula, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? The formatting highlights every cell, regardless of it's value. =$C$2>($A$2*0.05) Get rid of your absolute references (the $'s). Then try it again. HTH. "sbres" wrote: > Using Excel 2007, I have dollar values in columns A, B and C. C=B-A. I > would like to highlight the cells in col...

Problem formatting date as "dd/mm/yyyy"
Hi, I am formatting cells using the following code: sws1 is the source sheet and dws is the destination sheet. dws.Cells(datarow, 3) = Format(sws1.Cells(j, 6), "dd/mm/yyyy") The value of "31-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "31-03-2010" in dws and not as "31/03/2010" as desired. The cell in dws is formatted as general The value of "12-03-2010" in sws1 is displayed as "03-12-10" in dws and not as "12/03/2010" The cell in dws is formatted as date. The dates in the sws1 sheet are formatted as dates Pleas...

Formating cells
Hi, need a help with cell formating. Would like to format cells so user cannot input more than 10 caracters into a cell and than 4 rows with 15 caracters into each cell possible input. Is this easy to do with excel? Thanks all BT Hi, Yes, use data validation (Data/Validation). Start by selecting the cells with the same restrictions (10 characters) then go to Data/Validation, select "Custom" from the drop down menu and type =LEN(A1)<=10 (where A1 is the active cell) , next click on the "Error Alert" tab and leave a message stating that 10 is the maximum characte...

Text in custom format not showing up in cell results ... (?)
Wonder what I'm doing wrong this time ... ? <g> I've used this technique so many times before but today it isn't working. In cell B2 I have this formula: =(B1*16) The custom format for this cell is, instead of just number: @" units" All I get in B2 is a number, 32 in this case, but not " units" after it. What am I missing pls? Thanks! :oD ###" units" -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:4bhs35pbh5ljrlnipif...