format publisher page for left and right notebook holes?

How do I format/arrange the page format in Publisher so that I can have a 1"
margin on the left side of odd pages and a 1" margin on the right side of
even pages so that these pages will form the front and back sides of a page
on a three-hole notebook when slipped into a transparent sheet protector? (Or
when printed back-to-back.)

Nominal arragement gives the same margin on the left edge of every page
which would mean that the even pages would have to be composed upside down to
accomplish the desired effect.

The alternative is to have the same margin on all pages, which doesn't allow
for any "binding" margin.
0
Karl1 (54)

Assuming you are using .5 margin all around, create an one inch guideline on the left
on page 1, on page two create a guideline 1 inch from the right side.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I format/arrange the page format in Publisher so that I can have a 1"
> margin on the left side of odd pages and a 1" margin on the right side of
> even pages so that these pages will form the front and back sides of a page
> on a three-hole notebook when slipped into a transparent sheet protector? (Or
> when printed back-to-back.)
>
> Nominal arragement gives the same margin on the left edge of every page
> which would mean that the even pages would have to be composed upside down to
> accomplish the desired effect.
>
> The alternative is to have the same margin on all pages, which doesn't allow
> for any "binding" margin.

0
gsauer (5093)

Excel 2007 3 Traiffic Light Conditional Formatting
Does anyone know how to get this to work using the 3-light conditional formatting in Excel 2007 using the reference to another cell? I need it pretty much the same way as listed above, but it is not working for me. Here is the set up I currently have. ROW 1 MTD ACTUAL BUDGET DIFFERENCE ROW 2 120 120 130 -10 I want the 3-Light Conditional Formatting to be used on the MTD column with this formula set up below. GREEN LIGHT >= =D2=0 YELLOW LIGHT >= =D2=(-3) RED LIGHT Why is this not working? Any and every bit of help would be most appreciated! Thanks, nathan Nathan, AFAIK, you ca...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

Publisher's catalogue options
How do I return to Publisher's catalogue opening options to choose a different design after I select one of the publications to view? When I don't want to choose that design, I must close down Publisher to return to the catalogue. This doesn't seem right. In the catalogue task pane, click "Publication Designs." Or file, new... you wouldn't have to close Publisher. In Publisher 2000, click "Design" in the task pane -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mom Joan" <Mom Joan @d...

From new Publisher to old #2
Hi. I have constructed a document in Publisher XP, and I am now sitting at a computer with Publisher 2000. And I need the document now. Is there anyway that I online can convert the document. I realise I should have converted at the computer with the newer Publisher, and I though I did - but I must have forgotten. Is there any way I can get around my stupid mistake, or will I HAVE to pay? I will convert it for you. Send it to gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com It is very possible you will lose formatting and if images are involved, the file may increase quite a bit. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

IE cannot display web page
I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another. Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java. Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be displayed). Any idea how I can get to this site? It's http://lightoptions.net/ Thank you! Jo-Anne It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine ...

Cell Number Format
Hi, when i type for example this any number with more than 15 digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the rest of them are changed by zeros. EX: i write this 123456789123456789 and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000 Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it. Thanks, Ricardo As you can verify in XL Help ("Specifications"), XL is limited to 15 decimal digits of precision for numbers. If you're entering, say, a credit card number, which doesn't require any math to be performed on it, you can preformat the cell as Text or prefix ...

in publisher my work is printing mirrored?(backwards) why??
help!! Take a look at your printer settings. There probably is a T-Shirt or Mirror setting. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C118D617-4B58-477B-844D-7CC34E1EDC43@microsoft.com... > help!! Thanks!!!! now sorted :-) "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Take a look at your printer settings. There probably is a T-Shirt or Mirror > setting. > > -- > Mary Sauer > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > > "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:C11...

Phone Format
One of my clients is using the letter writting assistant in GP 8, the problem is that when he tries to use LWA(Letter Writting Assistant), having Phone number field is what appears to be in US format, which is really annoying, i was wondering if anyone might have come accross a similar issue. Having said that I am unable to sell modifier to him because of his budget contraints and makes it really useless from his perspective to spend about 2000 odd quid over something this small. Any ideas on how to go about it without using Modifier. Make sure you have v8.0 Service Pack 4 installed...

Table formatting lost
I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart from sennding as an Excel attachment? Do the copy as a Picture and then paste in Outlook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "him@privacy.net" wrote: > I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The > sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it > has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart > from se...

Cannot delete extra page
I am working on a resume that was created using an earlier version of Word. It is two pages long but the document has a third page. When looking at the document with the paragraph information there is a paragraph on the third page but when I try to delete it I cannot using backspace, delete or any highlighting options I can find. Is there any way to just delete a page, without using formatting? I really would just like to save pages 1 and 2 as a pdf. It looks really bad to send a resume in a pdf with an extra page. I don't want to create the impression that I can't figure...

Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...
If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit format for the phone/fax numbers? The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and are hard to read. Currently using a formula like this: =A3&" Phone: "&B3&" Fax: "&C3 I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer here. Thank you in advance! One way: =A3 & TEXT(B3,""" Phone:...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

Publisher v 2.0
I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open them with Publisher 2003 etc? You should be able to open them... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c4e5f5$c7f92a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would > like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open > them with Publisher 2003 etc? >-----Original Message----- >...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

How do I publish to the web a 3 page web pubblication from Publis.
I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? Review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "Bazbo" <Bazbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B2BCFAD-8DB3-40C3-A0E2-B1EBDC60DE74@microsoft.com... > I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it > to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? ...

I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, but my Publisher 2003 will not load as it states there is no Windows XP or 2000 running. Quite right, but do I really have to buy the 2007 version? As a UK charity we have bought the Student 2007 office version - is there a student version of Publisher 2007? -- Mark Ward Senior User Try installing in safe mode. Do you get an error other than there is no XP or 2000. Publisher 2003 should install on Vista. List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822129/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT ...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Can I use 'or' in conditional formatting?
I'd like to have 4 conditions, Red, Yellow, and Green. But I have two conditions for green, without using two conditions for green is there a way to use OR somehow to beat the limit? Thanks, Norm PS Win2000 + XL2002 Sure ... just click on "Formula Is", and you can use "OR" for more then two conditions. For example: =OR(A1=2,A1=4,A1="good",A1="bad") Will trigger the set format if "any" of the above equate to "True". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corr...

Trouble with time formats
Any help appreciated! I need to work out the average speed it would take to cover a certain distance. EG. If you covered 10 miles in 28 minutes what would teh average speed be... Column A: 10 miles Column B: 28 minutes Column C: Would return 21.43mph. I then want to to add time increments of say 15 seconds in rows so that I can see that if it took 28 minutes, 45 seconds, the average speed column would return 20.87mph. I can work it out by entering 28.75 for the time (or 70.50 for 1h,10m,30s), but I want to format it as time, i.e: 00:28:45 (or 01:10:30) Is this possible? Thanks...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

Copying sorksheet formatting
How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets in a workbook? Hi one way: formating them all at the same time: - group the sheets (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the sheets) - apply the format to a cell, column, row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany driverdriver wrote: > How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, > footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets > in a workbook? You can also select the entire sheet with CTRL+A and do Edit / Copy, then group yo...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Publisher font issue
I have an issue with Publisher 2000 and the calendar font size. The defaulted font size is 18. In each calendar date box, when I enter information is a smaller font (8 font), and save; close the program and then reopen; the 8 font text defaults to 18 font. I need the smaller font for information that needs to go into the calendar. I have tried a few tings through the help feature but nothing I do seems to work. Can someone help me with this or tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks Try this, put the calendar on the background (master page) Ctrl + m , use text boxes for your i...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...