footnotes #3

Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007
0
Iolani (2)

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> 2007

0
jl_paules (2768)
8/10/2007 10:55:03 AM
Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
typing.

1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
boxes for footnotes?

2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher

Thank you,
Iolani Sparks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> No
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> > 2007

0
Iolani (2)
8/10/2007 12:48:04 PM
You must create text boxes and create footnotes manually or paste them from
Word. You can create the genealogy booklet within Publisher, laying it all out
will be much easier than Word.
What version Publisher?
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx

Publisher 2003 Help and How-to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100649121033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 1:39:02 PM
I've never tried to transfer footnotes over to Publisher so I'm not sure
which way you will have to go. Try it and find out.

Is there a reason why you are using Publisher for the book? Some's Word is
the better program for a task.

As for a book, there is a dearth of information on Publisher. There will be
a Dummies book for it but it's still a work in progress and I don't know the
timeline for the project. There are several sites on the web with various
tutorials on Publisher. Use Google and see what you can find out. Also,
Barnes and Noble had a book printed on Pub 2003 for $10. I don't know if
it's still available but it's worth checking out.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
jl_paules (2768)
8/10/2007 1:46:27 PM
In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page
or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
footnote.

How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
Word Perfect format.

Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 1:49:22 PM
That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
"Things to Do"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
> footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page or
> end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
> Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
> footnote.
>
> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in Word
> Perfect format.
>
> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>> typing.
>>
>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>> boxes for footnotes?
>>
>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Iolani Sparks
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>>> No
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>> ~~~~~
>>> How to ask a question
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>>

>>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 2:25:28 PM
Mary,  I went to review the template and it is for Word 2003 and wouldn't
download for me because I have Wood 2002. Doing another search I found the
template for "Word 97 and later" at,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186191033.aspx?pid=CT101445101033

It is many pages and crossbreeding it to Publisher could be a bit more than
I have time for.  And, I'm a Publisher 2000 user. :-(

don

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
> submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
> "Things to Do"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at
>> the footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of
>> the page or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust
>> the font size. Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to
>> look like a normal footnote.
>>
>> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
>> Word Perfect format.
>>
>> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also
>>> new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
>>> the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys
>>> with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the
>>> book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
>>> done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate
>>> text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 4:56:21 PM
Beware all those converting text and photos from Microsoft Word XP to Publisher 2003!  All footnotes disappear. Sad experience this month with a family history.

> On Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:10 PM Iolan wrote:

> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007

>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 6:55 AM JoAnn Paules wrote:

>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 8:48 AM Iolan wrote:

>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

installing an Hebrew version of CRM 3 over an English version
Hello, We have an SBS 2003 with en English CRM 3 installed on it. We just received from Microsoft a CD with a localized Hebrew version of CRM 3. We have an image of the server running on a VPC for testing. We tried to uninstall the CRM and install the Hebrew version on the same DB but it refused to accept it. Installing a fresh install of the Hebrew version and restoring a backup of the DB did not work either. Does anyone have an idea what would be the right way to install the Hebrew version without losing the data and the customization we had? ...

InstallDatabaseAction failed at upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0
Hello, I'm upgrading a MS CRM 3.0 installatie to the 4.0 version. I get the following error during the install: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 1, position 135." In the log file, I see the following: 09:54:54| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invoc...

sum at 3 rows below dynamic range
HI i have a dynamic range created with =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100),COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1)) and i want to sum the values in column c with the sum 3 rows below the end of the dynamic range how do i do this? I'd just use the same criteria, but apply it to column C: either another defined name using this formula: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)+3,1) or =SUM(OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)+3,1)) dave h wrote: > > HI > > i have a dynamic range created with > > =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A...

CRM 3.0 and Faxing
I recently upgraded our systems CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. I was using Omnirush to handle all of our faxing from CRM. However it has come to my attention that Omnirush is not yet supported by CRM 3.0. Have any solutions been found that integrate w/ 3.0? Most importantly supports batch faxing I have not heard of any faxing solutions on v3 yet. However you may find omnirush works. Sometimes code from 1.2 can work on v3. Its a long shot but i recommend you at least try to run the 1.2 solution ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <...

Network Password #3
With annoying frequency a window headed ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD comes up with sections underneath: Server, User and Password, all filled in automatically and a small box asking to save this password in list. If the window is not OK'd Outlook and the e-mail falls over. This almost certainly is Outlook generated (the internet continues working fine). Is there some way to either stop this happening or at least reduce the frequency it appears. This seems to be a commom problem but I haven't come across an answer yet! Thanks, Graham Roberts It sounds like your not part o...

excel hangs on start up #3
when click on excel or microsoft word icon, 2 windows pull up, but the whole computer freezes for 1 to 2 minutes and then the second window disappear, but the document open on one of the window only. office 2000 was working fine, till i install the office 2003 as an upgrade. i appreciate if someone can help me solve this problem. ...

CRM 3 Campaign Workflow
Hi, Is it possible to use the workflow service to create tasks associated with Campaigns. I checked the Campaign entity in the Workflow and when I select action, there is no option to create a task. I can create a manual workflow that creates tasks but I don't see how to link that to the campaign entity. I appreciate your help, feedback and advice. Thank you, Donna Hi Donna - Please check here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/31/crm-4-0-campaign-vs-quick-campaign-flow-chart.aspx "Donna" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to use the workflow service ...

Categorizing Credit Card Payments #3
I have seen/read info on how to do this however, I still have a problem. The scenario is as follows: Bank Account 'A' and Credit Card Accout 'C' are both setup in Money 2005. Both accounts are automatically updated (transactions downloaded to Money) from the banks online service. Credit Card payments are made online and result in a posting to each account and hence a transaction in each Money account (after the download has occurred). So, now I have a transaction in Account 'A' for $1000 that represents my pay't on the Credit Card. I also have a transact...

Word as editor #3
I have set my Outlook 2003 to use Word as editor. When I send a mail with an inline/embedded image out to my personal internet address, the image is never sent, and I don't see it on my personal account. The attachments work fine though. Can anyone direct me to how/why this is happening and what I can do to fix it (except saying switch to Plain Text, which is what Microsoft websites say most often) Thanks Harsh ...

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports Querying of OpenDocument Format
[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File- Type Support & Output Enhancements. [Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Extended file type support and output enhancements, DataDirect XQuery version 3.1 further simplifies the performance of combining and processing heterogeneous data sources. The product now supports the abil...

CRM 3.0
Hello, I'm trying to add the Account Address (or Address from "More Addresses") to the Case. Basically we have Accounts that have multiple sites, so when we create a case we want to record which address called it in. (for many reasons). We already have all the addresses in the Account, it just doesn't relate to the case. Thanks in advance for all your help. Happy New Year. Dan Hi Dan, You can create a callout which performs the tasks as you have described here. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ ...

help with lookup #3
At the moment each month a new row of data is added to the bottom of a "RawData" sheet, this sheet holds monthly data from 2003. A Summary sheet details just the last 13 months of data. At the moment, each month I have to delete the top month and copy and paste the "new" months data on the bottom from the Raw Data sheet. The Summary sheet should show the latest 13 months records, so I would like the row A13:J13 on the Summary sheet to lookup the last row of the RawData sheet and to reflect that data. Then I want row A12:J12 to lookup the 2nd from last row on the Raw Data...

Renumber footnotes
I created a Word 2007 document by copying and pasting several smaller Word 2003 documents into one large document. Each of the smaller documents had several footnotes in it. When I combined all the documents together, the footnote numbers in the large document are discontinuous. I accepted all changes, deleted and recreated various footnotes, but nothing worked. Any advice how to renumer all the footnotes in the new document? Hi Naomi, It seems to me that you copied section breaks into your new document. It this is the case, the footnote numbering that you are seeing is a resu...

Include line chart in 3 d bar chart
I have a 3D bar chart with 3 bars and would like to have a line chart to show the tren of one of the bars ie revenue , but cannot find a way to do it . can anyone help please Anton Hi, You can not mix chart types when you use the 3D styles. Convert the chart to 2d in order to add trend line. Cheers Andy Anton wrote: > I have a 3D bar chart with 3 bars and would like to have a line chart to show > the tren of one of the bars ie revenue , but cannot find a way to do it . > > can anyone help please > > Anton -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope...

Stock Count #3
When creating a Stock Count I get hundreds of items assigned to a site with zero. How can I not include them? Thanks for any comments or help Rick, The purpose of the stock count form is to tag in any quantities found of any item in your warehouse shelves. Notwitstanding, if you feel these items should not be printed on your report, you will need to print the report to screen and click on the Modify button on the Screen Output window. Once you are taken to the Report Layout window, you will need to add a conditional calculated field that will return an integer, 0 if quantity on han...

installing crm 3.0 client for outlook 2007 erorre
hi,im trying to re install microsoft crm on my outlook 2007 and i ge this erorre : "the older virsion of microsoft crm desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook cannot be removed" how can i solved this problem? i did uninstall the crm . Hi, Looks like the outlook client has not been uninstalled completely. You need to manually uninstall it before trying to reinstall. Refer to this link for directions: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx HTH, Niths "אלירן" wrote: > hi,im trying to re install microsoft crm on my outlook 200...

Failed Update .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 3.5
This failed repeatedly by Automatic Updates. I contacted tech support - not helpful. I finally realized that .net 3.0 is not installed. I tried to install that manually and failed. I restored and decided to live with .net 2.0. Today Update tried and failed to install .net 2.0 service pack 1. Error Code 0x643. Suggestions? -- emp44 Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. When installing updates using Windows update or Mi...

scrolling #3
When scrolling sometimes the worksheet moves left to right and not up and down? ...

EXCEL SORT #3
If I leave the cursor in a single cell in a spreadsheet and sort the spreadshet, sometimes it will sort all the rows and all the colimns, unfortantly, sometimes it will sort all of the rows in some the columns. You can imagine the problem this creates. The only way I feel safe ist to highlight the entire working area, then sort the spreadsheet. Hi When you select a single cell before sorting, Excel sorts a range to first empty column/row. So you have to be sure you don't have any gaps in your table. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) ...

3.0 Upgrade question
This is the first time I am performing an upgrade(upgrading to 9.0) - I have 2 questions 1) If the upgrade doesn't work is there a "rollback" option or does the old version 8.0 still remain available 2) FRX - do we need to upgrade FRX. Thanks for the help 1) You'll want to create a backup. 2) 9.0 uses FRx 6.7. If that's what you're on, there's no reason to upgrade. "wendileigh" wrote: > This is the first time I am performing an upgrade(upgrading to 9.0) - I have > 2 questions > 1) If the upgrade doesn't work is there a "rollb...

Grid Lines #3
Is there any way to change the color of a single gridline in a bar chart? I have a presentation with a threshold and would like to make that gridline Red. Showing that anything above is and anything below is bad. Thanks in Advance, Nelson Nelson, You can't change the color of a single gridline. However, you can add a dummy series that acts like a gridline. You can then change the color of the dummy series. For an example, please see Jon's site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html Change the line to dotted to give the appearance of a gridline. ---------...

login problem in crm 3.0
I am running crm 3 and all client are prompt for username and password when they are trying to access accounts in companys configure your client's IE browser by adding the CRM url to their Local Intranet Zone "sjm" <sjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC6A6E6D-989A-4B57-89EC-58FD3652620C@microsoft.com... >I am running crm 3 and all client are prompt for username and password when > they are trying to access accounts in companys ...

How do you Ensure using DAO 3.51?
How does one "ensure that the 97 database is using DAO 3.51 and compile your database to this reference."? Thank you If it is the only entry into your references then Access 97 will use DAO 3.51. Do not have ADO referenced or any other version of DAO, such as 3.6. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19a8701c44d8b$4d70af80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How does one "ensure that the 97 database is using DAO > 3.51 and compile your database to this reference."? > > Thank you > ...

Resetting Auto-Numbering 3.0
Hey guys, we haven't gone live with CRM 3.0 just yet, but it seems that when I was playing around with it after the customizations, I produced a quote. Unfortunately, this set the Auto-Numbering for the quotes to a starting value of 1000. Our current quoting scheme is up around 55900 and I really need to set the starting quote number to be that. Most likely 56000 would be good. Is there anyway I can reset this, either in the database or with a tool? Hopefully, it's not too complicated otherwise, we need to redo our entire quoting scheme. Because there is no way I'm rei...

MS CRM 3.0 Application Examination / Certification
Hi, I am preparing to take the 'Application' certifcation at the moment. Can anyone please verify if Workflow and Administration are part of the 'Application' examination or are they part of another exam. Thanks. Hi Jerry, Workflows are part of Customization Examination and Administration is part of Installation and Configuration. Good Luck for your examination. Benjamin "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A8E7AF8F-5116-444C-8CC8-C8B6BAE81F38@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am preparing to take the 'Applicat...