footnotes #3

Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007
0
Iolani (2)

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> 2007

0
jl_paules (2768)
8/10/2007 10:55:03 AM
Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
typing.

1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
boxes for footnotes?

2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher

Thank you,
Iolani Sparks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> No
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
> > 2007

0
Iolani (2)
8/10/2007 12:48:04 PM
You must create text boxes and create footnotes manually or paste them from
Word. You can create the genealogy booklet within Publisher, laying it all out
will be much easier than Word.
What version Publisher?
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx

Publisher 2003 Help and How-to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100649121033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 1:39:02 PM
I've never tried to transfer footnotes over to Publisher so I'm not sure
which way you will have to go. Try it and find out.

Is there a reason why you are using Publisher for the book? Some's Word is
the better program for a task.

As for a book, there is a dearth of information on Publisher. There will be
a Dummies book for it but it's still a work in progress and I don't know the
timeline for the project. There are several sites on the web with various
tutorials on Publisher. Use Google and see what you can find out. Also,
Barnes and Noble had a book printed on Pub 2003 for $10. I don't know if
it's still available but it's worth checking out.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
jl_paules (2768)
8/10/2007 1:46:27 PM
In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page
or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
footnote.

How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
Word Perfect format.

Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new
> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
> the
> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with
> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
> done
> typing.
>
> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
> boxes for footnotes?
>
> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>
> Thank you,
> Iolani Sparks
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher
>> > 2007

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 1:49:22 PM
That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
"Things to Do"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at the
> footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of the page or
> end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust the font size.
> Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to look like a normal
> footnote.
>
> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in Word
> Perfect format.
>
> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>> typing.
>>
>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>> boxes for footnotes?
>>
>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Iolani Sparks
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>>> No
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>> ~~~~~
>>> How to ask a question
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>>

>>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2007 2:25:28 PM
Mary,  I went to review the template and it is for Word 2003 and wouldn't
download for me because I have Wood 2002. Doing another search I found the
template for "Word 97 and later" at,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186191033.aspx?pid=CT101445101033

It is many pages and crossbreeding it to Publisher could be a bit more than
I have time for.  And, I'm a Publisher 2000 user. :-(

don

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> That's a great template, Don. Develop a similar template for Publisher and
> submit it to Microsoft. The link is on the left on the template main page.
> "Things to Do"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>> In Publisher 2000 and probably later, you will need to get creative; at
>> the footnote marker location use superscript marker and at the base of
>> the page or end of document use the same superscript marker and adjust
>> the font size. Maybe add a line at the start of the footnote so as to
>> look like a normal footnote.
>>
>> How about creating the genealogy book in Word and saving the document in
>> Word Perfect format.
>>
>> Also you might see if the Family History template will work for you.
>>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=geneology&av=TPL000
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Iolani" <Iolani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also
>>> new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what
>>> the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys
>>> with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the
>>> book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am
>>> done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate
>>> text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

0
Engineer5094 (821)
8/10/2007 4:56:21 PM
Beware all those converting text and photos from Microsoft Word XP to Publisher 2003!  All footnotes disappear. Sad experience this month with a family history.

> On Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:10 PM Iolan wrote:

> Footnotes NOT endnotes   -   can they be created in Microsoft Publisher 2007

>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 6:55 AM JoAnn Paules wrote:

>> No
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

>>> On Friday, August 10, 2007 8:48 AM Iolan wrote:

>>> Thanks for your reply.   I am new to Microsoft Publisher.    I am also new to
>>> Microsoft Word.   I have always been  Word Perfect user as that is what the
>>> attorneys in this firm like.    I am assisting  one of the attorneys with a
>>> geneology book.    I gather from your reply that I must create the book's
>>> contents in Word and then transfer the contents to Publisher after I am done
>>> typing.
>>>
>>> 1st question:  Will the footnotes go with the text or must I generate text
>>> boxes for footnotes?
>>>
>>> 2nd question:  Is there a tutorial or a manual that helps with Publisher
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Iolani Sparks

How do I set up a 3 on 3 basketball tournament bracket with 64 tea
Please help...I can't figure this out. Thanks ...

Task Pane #3
I have accidently detached my task pane for the right hand side of the screen. While I can drag it back over it now sits over the worksheet obscuring my view. How could I re attach the task pane. I tried drag and drop. Tiling windows etc. Thanks I don't use this very often, but when I double clicked on the taskpane's title bar (New Workbook), it went back to where it belonged (nicely docked). Maybe it'll work for you. Michael D wrote: > > I have accidently detached my task pane for the right hand > side of the screen. While I can drag it back over it now >...

Outlook POP 3 and SMTP
Is there any way to configure OUtlook so that email can come in through one provider and be sent out using another. Example mail comes in addresed to john.doe@abc.com but when is sent out it goes out as john.doe@xyz.net. I tried just setting the smtp and POP 3 servers to the proper locations but the mail is blocked from going out. I think the only way to do this is setting up two accounts in Outlook. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Tom Bruss" <tbruss@aceworldwide.com> wrote in message news:0b1001c3fb14$1b167480$a401280a@p...

calculating using 3 worksheets in a file
I have and Excel file which 3 work sheets, in the first work sheet, have the data in a range of cells, in the second work sheet i hav another set of data in the same range of cells as that was in the firs work sheet. I would like to add or multiply the value in the frist shee with value in the second sheet using the same set of ranges, the outpu of this calculations, i would like to display in the third sheet in th same cell ranges as worksheet1 and worksheet2. Please let me know how i could do this. MARK112 -- mark112 ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Depreciation #3
We did a normal (monthly) depreciation procedure before we did our year end close and we realized that the depreciation amount was multiplied by 11 months some by 10 months e.g the monthy depreciation amount is 5.55 per asset but it increased to 61.05. Can someone help with the resolution on this and also maybe confirm the cause of this... Do you have more than 12 periods in your fiscal year? I've seen some strange behavior in depreciation when you have 13 or more periods setup. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspo...

Need CRM 3.0 SB Cals
If anyone has extra CALs for 3.0 Small Business please let me know. ...

Excel 2007: 3-D Pie Chart bug?
I have found a very easy to reproduce bug in Excel 2007. I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen anything about it in this group but I'll do my best to describe it. Create a new spreadsheet and enter three numbers: 25, 75, 0 Select the three numbers and click the Insert tab and select a simple 2-D pie chart. You should now see a pie chart with a small blue segment, a larger red segment and no green segment. This is correct since the green segment is zero and it has no size. Use the mouse to select the pie chart graphic and all it's segments. Click on the center of the pie char...

XMLSerializer #3
I'm using XMLSerializer to serialize hierarchical Class-based objects and their content to XML. There are a number of fields (i.e. properties) that are optional, meaning that if no data id written to that property of the object, then no entry is to appear in the XML, as the destination system already knows the default values for those fields. The issue I'm having is that although this is easy to do with String properties by setting them equal to nothing in the definition, this method doesn't work for other property types, such as Integer and Boolean. If I set Integer and Boolean...

Outlook Shortcuts #3
can you create a shortcut in outlook 2003 that points to a folder on the network like you could do in outlook 2000. Thanks Lynn <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can you create a shortcut in outlook 2003 that points to a folder on > the network like you could do in outlook 2000. I don't believe so. -- Brian Tillman ...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

scheduled payments #3
Even if you change the due date of the payments in the amortization schedule, the invoices are posted based on the original schedule that is calculated. You need access to the posting date so you can see what period the invoice will be posted to and be able to change it. You can end up with due dates before the GL posting date of the invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

Mailbox Manager #3
I seem to be having a problem with the Mailbox Manager within Exchange 2003. I have a recipient policy set up to report inbox and sent items past 90-days with no size limit. Right now I just have it set up to send report. When I recieve the report it looks like none of the inbox or sent items is going to be touched. Anyone have any hints on this, am I setting it up right? Thanks, KJK ...

Toolbars #3
Can I build my own toolbars dynamically at run-time from a bunch of ICO or BMP files, rather than using a long toolbar.bmp the Toolbar folder of the resources in Visual Studio? We use more than 16 colours, so it is not possible to even open a toolbar in visual studio once we have started to adjust the images (it crashes shortly after saying it will reduce the colours to 16). > Can I build my own toolbars dynamically at run-time from a bunch of ICO or > BMP files, rather than using a long toolbar.bmp the Toolbar folder of the > resources in Visual Studio? We use more than 16 c...

Email Disclaimer #3
We are looking to add an email disclaimer to our emails that we send out. We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with outlook 2003. Is there a way in Exchange to have all of our emails have this disclaimer at the bottom, or is this an outlook thing, or do I need a third party software for it? Please let me know. Thank you, Tim "Tim" <tim@dansko.com> wrote in message news:12uo7tmstacs19e@corp.supernews.com... > We are looking to add an email disclaimer to our emails that we send out. > We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with outlook 2003. Is there a way in > Exchange to...

External Email Address #3
I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks for your help! p.s. sbcglobal.net is fine I receive and sending mail. what is the full/exact text of the NDR you receive? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670BB210-1C67-48F4-A89C-13DA5A1C25E6@microsoft.com... > I'm not able to send to sbcglobal.net for some reason. I can send to other > external e-mail servers. How can I troubleshoot this? Exchange 20...

scroll bars #3
My scroll bars and sheet pages have disappreared from the files that I am working on i excell. How do I get them back? What did you use when you searched Google Advanced Groups as search argument. I don't think you even tried to solve your own problem. (you would also have to spell Excel with one EL ). http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 scroll.bar* missing http://google.com/groups?threadm=cmoore.wtjaa%40excelforum-nospam.com --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.m...

rename Business Units in 3.0
Why is it still not possible to rename BU in 3.0? it makes no sense to me, also reading through other discussions in this forum and 1.2 forums, I see no real answer to many questions regarding this matter. Through the years BU will have to change names then many uuseless BU hanging in the lists etc, even if they are disabled. Preparing efficient Demos will also be very difficult and time consuming. You ned to set up the DB each time new for each new demo scenario. Regards Max For demos its a good idea to use virtualpc. You can create a base CRM image then store it somewhere safe. Whe...

Junk Mail Filters #3
Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new junk mail filters in Outlook 2003 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Dave anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Props to Microsoft for doing a FABULOUS job on the new > junk mail filters in Outlook 2003 > > THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! > > Dave Dave, are you insane? They suck. I have several reasons why they suck. I wish MS would fix it. ...

Excel file size increased 3 times after saving!!!!
Hi all, I have a very strange situation with my Excel workbook. I created Excel workbook with conditional formulas (no other formulas) which total size is 3 Mb. After I put simple data for calculation and saved the workbook the size increased to 10Mb! The data itself is just about 70Kb. I use Excel 2002 at work. I should put this workbook on our company server, but our network is not very good and people can't open it because of the 10MB. I have never seen this before! Can somebody help please? Thank you in advance! I don't claim to be an expert on Excel by any...

html mail in crm 3.0 workflow manager
In CRM 1.2 it possible to create nice mail templates with html code simple in frontpage with the usage of field values. Does anybody have a idea how to build html mail templates with flied values, so that i can copy the html in the workflow "create mail" like in crm 1.2??? when i use the same field values like in the workflow manager in my html code, the field ist not displayed in the html mail. Give this a try. </pre> Your html code .... <pre> ...

CArray #3
I have 2 classes in my Model.dll project. I have simplified my Class names are for this quesion. I have a Category class and an Object class. My Category class needs to hold an array of Objects, so in my Category class header file I #include "ProductionArtifactFast.h" and I have a member variable: CArray <Object, Object> m_ObjectArray; My Object class needs to have a pointer to its parent category, so my Object class forward declares the Category class in the header file and #includes Category.h in the .cpp file. There is a member variable: Category *m_pCategory. On p...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Error message #3
Lately in out office we have been getting the following error message. As of now we have tried repairing office and reinstalling it. The only thing we have found to work is to have the file restored off of an older backup of our server. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why we might be getting this error and/or how we could fix it? 'EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.' Then the programs closes by itself. Thanks in advance. Joe ...

CRM 3.0 SBE and Sharepoint Services
I am running a CRM 3.0 development server on SBS2003. The SBS2003 server had Sharepoint Services installed by default during the intital install of SBS2003 on http://companyweb, on IIS port 80. When I installed CRM 3.0 SBE, I chose the Default Web Site option rather than having CRM "Create a New Web Site" and install itself on port 5555, so it overwrote and disabl;ed Sharepoint Services on port 80. Is there a way to re-enable or reinstall Sharepoint Services for SBS 2003 and install it on a designated IIS port where it will not install over my CRM 3.0 SBE installation, now on ...

Script error #3
When attempting to launch Outlook 2003 I receive the following message "An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 29 Char: Error: Class not registere Code: URL: outlook:toda Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No I have no idea what a script is or how to correct this problem. ...