font problem

I've got a problem with speech marks not appearing in a document with a =
certain font.

The font I'm using is Abbey Old Style SF.  If I type: "some text", =
(using shift+2 on my keyboard) the speech marks appear as small squares =
instead. =20

However I can go to Windows Character Map, choose Abbey Old Style font, =
select the quotation mark, copy it and paste it into the document and =
they appear!

I've just tried this, and I have the same problem in Word.

Please could someone enlighten me.  I have to use this font in this =
document, and I'd rather not have to copy and paste every speech mark =
from the character map.  I just want to be able to type it as normal!

I'm using Windows 2000 with MSOffice 2000.
Thanks.

--=20
Vicky
The best things come in small packages...

0
vrh (3)

I downloaded that font to see if I could duplicate your efforts.

If I hit shift + 2, I do not get @ either. There is no character assigned to
that keystroke combination. If you want a quotation mark, use shift + ' just
like you would with any other font. Of course I'm assuming you are using the
average QWERTY keyboard......... (I know, wicked Anglo-centric attitude but
she didn't say that she was using any other sort of keyboard.)

Although I tested this in Pub 2003 I'm sure you will find that it carries
over into other Office programs.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vicky H" <vrh@dontmailme.co.uk> wrote in message
[...]

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/18/2004 1:25:39 PM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> I downloaded that font to see if I could duplicate your efforts.
>
> If I hit shift + 2, I do not get @ either. There is no character
> assigned to that keystroke combination. If you want a quotation mark,
> use shift + ' just like you would with any other font. Of course I'm
> assuming you are using the average QWERTY keyboard......... (I know,
> wicked Anglo-centric attitude but she didn't say that she was using
> any other sort of keyboard.)
> Although I tested this in Pub 2003 I'm sure you will find that it
> carries over into other Office programs.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

I have the same font installed and SHIFT+2 gives me speech/quote marks in
Publisher and every other application.

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/18/2004 3:41:35 PM
Hmm, maybe there are two different fonts with the same name?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> I downloaded that font to see if I could duplicate your efforts.
>>
>> If I hit shift + 2, I do not get @ either. There is no character
>> assigned to that keystroke combination. If you want a quotation mark,
>> use shift + ' just like you would with any other font. Of course I'm
>> assuming you are using the average QWERTY keyboard......... (I know,
>> wicked Anglo-centric attitude but she didn't say that she was using
>> any other sort of keyboard.)
>> Although I tested this in Pub 2003 I'm sure you will find that it
>> carries over into other Office programs.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> I have the same font installed and SHIFT+2 gives me speech/quote marks in
> Publisher and every other application.
>

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/18/2004 6:23:01 PM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Hmm, maybe there are two different fonts with the same name?

You're talking to a self-confessed fontaholic, so I'd stake a month's
benefit on 'no'.

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/18/2004 7:36:04 PM
Even tho I think *I* have alot of fonts (713), you probably have a few more.
So why does the supposedly same font work differently on our systems?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> Hmm, maybe there are two different fonts with the same name?
>

> You're talking to a self-confessed fontaholic, so I'd stake a month's
> benefit on 'no'.
>

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/18/2004 7:51:28 PM
Jo & Sarah,

Maybe you two could click on the font in question in the fonts folder and
compare where they came from.

It seems reasonable that two creators could come up with the same name for a
font. ????

We'll be standing by for the 5 o'clock news!<G>

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Even tho I think *I* have alot of fonts (713), you probably have a few
more.
> So why does the supposedly same font work differently on our systems?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> > JoAnn Paules wrote:
> >> Hmm, maybe there are two different fonts with the same name?
> >

> > You're talking to a self-confessed fontaholic, so I'd stake a month's
> > benefit on 'no'.
> >

> > --
> > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> > lose his marbles?
> >

> ---

Retired (261)
8/18/2004 8:06:02 PM
Good suggestion!!

Abbey Old Style SF
Altsys Fontographer 3.5 06/11/1994
Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmBH

What do you have Sarah?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message
> Jo & Sarah,
>
> Maybe you two could click on the font in question in the fonts folder and
> compare where they came from.
>
> It seems reasonable that two creators could come up with the same name for
> font. ????
>
> We'll be standing by for the 5 o'clock news!<G>
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Even tho I think *I* have alot of fonts (713), you probably have a few
> more.
>> So why does the supposedly same font work differently on our systems?
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
>> >

>> > You're talking to a self-confessed fontaholic, so I'd stake a month's
>> > benefit on 'no'.
>> >

>> > --
>> > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
>> > lose his marbles?
>> >

>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/18/2004 8:09:54 PM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Good suggestion!!
>
> Abbey Old Style SF
> Altsys Fontographer 3.5 06/11/1994
> Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmBH
>
> What do you have Sarah?

Abbey Old Style SF
Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
All rights reserved.

So, that would be, erm, identical then...

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/18/2004 11:07:38 PM
Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system and not
mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have Win XP
Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> Good suggestion!!
>>
>> Abbey Old Style SF
>> Altsys Fontographer 3.5 06/11/1994
>> Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmBH
>>
>> What do you have Sarah?
>
> Abbey Old Style SF
> Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
> All rights reserved.
>

> So, that would be, erm, identical then...
>
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/18/2004 11:52:59 PM
Maybe you two have different country keyboards? Or does it make a
difference????

--

> Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system and
not
> mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have Win XP
> Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> > JoAnn Paules wrote:
> >> Good suggestion!!
> >>
> >> Abbey Old Style SF
> >> Altsys Fontographer 3.5 06/11/1994
> >> Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmBH
> >>
> >> What do you have Sarah?
> >
> > Abbey Old Style SF
> > Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> > Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
> > All rights reserved.
> >

> > So, that would be, erm, identical then...
> >
> > --
> > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> > lose his marbles?
> >

> ---

Retired (261)
8/19/2004 12:52:56 AM
Thanks for all your comments.  I've got the same font version too. =20

My Dad loaded the document onto his computer (running Win XP Pro and =
Office 2003) and the speech marks worked fine.

So I guess it's either Office 2000 that can't handle it, or Windows 2000 =
that can't?

What OS and version of office do you have?

> Maybe you two have different country keyboards? Or does it make a
> difference????
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>=20
>=20
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system =
and
> not
> > mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have =
Win XP
> > Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
> >
> > --=20
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

> > > Abbey Old Style SF
> > > Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> > > Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software =
GmbH.
> > > All rights reserved.
> > >

> > > So, that would be, erm, identical then...
> > >
> > > --=20
> > > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he =
eventually
> > > lose his marbles?
> > >

> > ---
> >

>=20

0
vrh (3)
8/19/2004 8:54:32 AM
I have Windows 98SE, sans Office but do have as stand alone programs,
Publisher 2000, Word 97 and Works 4.5.

For word processing I use IBM Lotus Word Pro 9.8, Spreadsheets - 1-2-3 9.8.

BTW, I don't have the font that's been discussed.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

Thanks for all your comments.  I've got the same font version too.

My Dad loaded the document onto his computer (running Win XP Pro and Office
2003) and the speech marks worked fine.

So I guess it's either Office 2000 that can't handle it, or Windows 2000
that can't?

What OS and version of office do you have?

--
Vicky
The best things come in small packages...

"Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message
> Maybe you two have different country keyboards? Or does it make a
> difference????
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system and
> not
> > mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have Win
XP
> > Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
> >
> > --
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

> > > Abbey Old Style SF
> > > Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> > > Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
> > > All rights reserved.
> > >

> > > So, that would be, erm, identical then...
> > >
> > > --
> > > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> > > lose his marbles?
> > >

> > ---

Retired (261)
8/19/2004 11:31:32 AM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system
> and not mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office?
> (I have Win XP Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)

As do I. XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro, fully updated.
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/19/2004 12:18:58 PM
Vicky H wrote:
> Thanks for all your comments.  I've got the same font version too.
>
> My Dad loaded the document onto his computer (running Win XP Pro and
> Office 2003) and the speech marks worked fine.
>
> So I guess it's either Office 2000 that can't handle it, or Windows
> 2000 that can't?
>
> What OS and version of office do you have?

Both Jo and I have the same versions of Windows and Office  - XP Pro and
Office 2003 Pro.If my office wasn't such a tip, I'd dig out my (Office) 2000
discs - unfortunately the last system I had running (Windows) 2000 has since
been upgraded to XP.

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/19/2004 12:21:29 PM
Windows XP Pro, Office 2003 - but I can try it in Word 2000 - hang
on.........................nope, doesn't work in Pub 2000 or Word 2000.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vicky H" <vrh@dontmailme.co.uk> wrote in message
Thanks for all your comments.  I've got the same font version too.

My Dad loaded the document onto his computer (running Win XP Pro and Office
2003) and the speech marks worked fine.

So I guess it's either Office 2000 that can't handle it, or Windows 2000
that can't?

What OS and version of office do you have?

--
Vicky
The best things come in small packages...

"Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message
> Maybe you two have different country keyboards? Or does it make a
> difference????
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system and
> not
> > mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have Win
> > XP
> > Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
> >
> > --
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

> > > Abbey Old Style SF
> > > Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> > > Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
> > > All rights reserved.
> > >

> > > So, that would be, erm, identical then...
> > >
> > > --
> > > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> > > lose his marbles?
> > >

> > ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/19/2004 9:51:52 PM
It's one of those "learn to accept it" things. <shrug>

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system
>> and not mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office?
>> (I have Win XP Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
>>

> As do I. XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro, fully updated.
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/19/2004 9:52:37 PM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> It's one of those "learn to accept it" things. <shrug>

Yep! Well I'm sitting here, tearing my hair out because my grandfather
*STILL* hasn't sent me the two grand he promised me over a week ago! I have
a job to complete, by the 1st, but I can't do anything without that money! I
have TEN DAYS to produce 100 packs of notelets, 600 cards and 1000 service
sheets for this damned memorial service! I daren't call him because I know
I'll just get my head bitten off (he's a cantankerous old git at the best of
times these days), but I can't buy anything without money, funnily enough!
Without the service sheets, the material cost is nearly �400.

I give up. I like to be able to pace myself, not have to rush a job in 48
hours! This is going to make me look incredibly inefficient in front of the
woman I'm doing the job for!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but I am not a happy bunny at the moment!

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/20/2004 10:18:03 AM
"A happy bunny"? Never heard that expression before but I know the feelings.
And I can't believe a relative of sweet, even-tempered Sarah would be "a
cantankerous old git". <ducking for cover>

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> It's one of those "learn to accept it" things. <shrug>
>

> Yep! Well I'm sitting here, tearing my hair out because my grandfather
> *STILL* hasn't sent me the two grand he promised me over a week ago! I
> have a job to complete, by the 1st, but I can't do anything without that
> money! I have TEN DAYS to produce 100 packs of notelets, 600 cards and
> 1000 service sheets for this damned memorial service! I daren't call him
> because I know I'll just get my head bitten off (he's a cantankerous old
> git at the best of times these days), but I can't buy anything without
> money, funnily enough! Without the service sheets, the material cost is
> nearly �400.
>
> I give up. I like to be able to pace myself, not have to rush a job in 48
> hours! This is going to make me look incredibly inefficient in front of
> the woman I'm doing the job for!
>
> Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but I am not a happy bunny at the moment!
>

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/20/2004 5:28:45 PM
> I can't believe a relative of sweet, even-tempered Sarah would be "a
cantankerous old git".

LOL

--

Hugs, Erika
0

a couple of thoughts;

the font may be corrupt

the font may not support those marks at the size and tracking you have
set..try another size (usually larger).. also, is it view or do they print
like that also?

if you have force justify set for that line it can give issue as well

or... none of the above...

good luck

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS

[...]

Budget
8/20/2004 7:15:46 PM
Yes, it does make a difference. US keyboards produce @ and UK keyboards
produce " with Shift + 2, but that obviously is not the problem Vicky is
having.

"Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote in message
> Maybe you two have different country keyboards? Or does it make a
> difference????
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I'm baffled. Do you have any clue why it works on your system and
> not
> > mine? Don't we have the same version of Windows and Office? (I have Win
XP
> > Pro but I can't see that *that* matters.)
> >
> > --
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >

> > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message

> > > Abbey Old Style SF
> > > Altsys Fontographer 3.5  06.11.1994
> > > Copyright  (c) 1990-1993 Brendel Informatik & SoftMaker Software GmbH.
> > > All rights reserved.
> > >

> > > So, that would be, erm, identical then...
> > >
> > > --
> > > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> > > lose his marbles?
> > >

> > ---

me1 (409)
8/20/2004 7:55:03 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JoAnn
Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com>!"...
> "A happy bunny"? Never heard that expression before

It's a British thing, as is having quote marks on the 2 key (I'll post a
photo if you like)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Problems in AutoShape implement in

VERIFY(Font.CreateFontIndirect(&LogFont))
Program runs fine for a while, then breaks. (The Screen changes color) The exception occurs at VERIFY(Font.CreateFontIndirect(&LogFont)) I don't believe I should have to call pDC->SelectObject(pFont); or Font.DeleteObject(); Since the Font object will go out of existance, when the function exits. but I am doing it anyways, because I do not know what is wrong. void CMyClass::DrawText(CDC* pDC) { LOGFONT LogFont; CFont Font; CFont* pFont; int nSavedDC; nSavedDC = pDC->SaveDC(); //Create Font SetDefaultLogFont(&LogFont); VERIFY(Font...

Problems with WLM beta e-mail aliases
I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed. As Outlook Express is no longer available I have downloaded Live Mail Beta and it has installed fine. I have set it up to access my ISP e-mail server (pop/smtp - no encyption) and this works fine. My problem occurs in trying to swet the account up with an alias for my e-mail address (something I have always done on previous packages). E.G. My e-mail address is bloggs53@zombiecorp.com. I own the domain smith.co.uk and wish to use the e-mail address john@smith.co.uk. Any mail sent to that address is forwarded...

setting font size in dos
I am creating a text file which has to be send for printing in DOS format. How do i set the font size. please help and guide me. Best regards Vivek Vivek, To control font sizes printing from DOS, you'll have to send control codes to the printer during print-out (normally a series of unprintable characters). Those are specific for different brands, and you'll have to consult the manual for you printer. To avoid this hassle was one of the main benefits of Windows for us poor programmers :-))) Note also that when you print normal text, the printer will treat it as such, (and not as gr...

Printing Problems #4
Dear all i group some spreadsheets but when i press the print function on the spooling it breaks the pages by 1, 12, 2, 3 so its group have differrent printing preferences.. It is excel XP Can anyone help me with that? Regards Manos ...

Copy & Paste Problem
I have the following problem and was hoping some kind person out there could help:- I have recently discovered I can "COPY" my monthly bank statements from my online account and "PASTE" them directly into EXCEL. This saves me having to tpye al my transactions in manually. However there is a problem:- The oustanding balance on the internet is shown as follow:- 123.23 DR or 1356.56 CR etc. This means when it is "PASTED" into EXCEL that is how it looks in each individual cell. If I then want to perform calculations with these numbers I can't as...

Invalid Dates in Headers cause problems with Outlook 2003
Dear All: Is anyone having problems with invalid dates in headers with Outlook 2003? I recently started receiving e-mail (most of it is spam) with an invalid date in the header. When that happens, *all* Outlook tasks cease working and they are listed as Not responding in the Task Manager. To resolve this issue I log on to my mail server, which is using Horde. I then delete and purge all e-mail which has an invalid date. I then restart Outlook and it works until it receives another e-mail with an invalid date. Thank you. :-) Sincerely, Jeff V. Pulver ...

Problem when adding existing items to an existing Matrix
When I try to add an existing item to an existing matrix, the item is copied into the list but without subdescription 1 , 2 and 3. These fields are greyed out so I cannot edit them once added. Once the item is added it shows with blank entries in RMS. I have checked that there is no security set for these fields so why cannot not change these fields? What version of RMS? Just about every hotfix for RMS 2.0 has had fixes for Matrix items. On Aug 15, 9:03=A0am, Ge...@rtl-world.com <Ge...@rtl- world.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to add an existing item to an ...

Problem uninstalling CRM for Outlook
Hi, I am having a problem when uninstalling the CRM for Outlook Toolbar. When I log onto the machine as the user who installed the CRM toolbar, I receive an error "This action is valid for products that are currently installed". We did have to delete the NT profile of the user which installed CRM toolbar, so I assume this is related to this problem. Thanks for your help! -Mike ...

Beginner's Append Query Problem

familiar problem: cant access office products after installing update
I've seen a couple of other posts for this, but after reading through them didn't find how it was resolved. I installed an update to microsoft office on my laptop and now when I try to use Word or other office products I am asked for the cd key code, which, like others, I can't seem to find as I bought the laptop a few years back now. Also like others, I was using the applications just fine prior to the update. At this point in my frustration, I really just want to uninstall the update, but can't find any documentation on how to do that. Nothing seemed to be bundled with th...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

Cursor problem
Hi there, I would like to get the rows count for all databases but from some reasion it bring me the rows of wich database I'm in How can I show the acual tables and rows count for each database? USE Northwind GO CREATE TABLE #tblRowsCount ( Database_name varchar(255), Table_name varchar(255), Row_Count int ) GO DECLARE @db_name VARCHAR(50) DECLARE db_cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT name from sys.databases WHERE database_id NOT IN (1,2,3,4) OPEN db_cursor FETCH NEXT FROM db_cursor INTO @db_name WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN INSERT #tblRowsCount SELECT @DB_NAME As Da...

Can't modify table style
I'm flabbergasted after spending over 30 minutes trying to trouble shoot a table of contents, so I deleted it and tried to create a new table of contents formatted like the one I had before (font properties wise). So I select the table of contents tab on the ribbon (Word 2007), then I select "Insert a tabel of contents..." under the automatic and manual table images above and I want to "modify" the "formal" format, since it's pretty close to what I want except for the font color, type and size. I also want to change the "options&quo...

Language Problem?
Hello. I have a problem when open the Workflow Manager or Monitor. Says something like "Error with date, time and format setting. Settings incompatible with used in Workflow Manager". I have this deployment: Server 1 - W2000 (English) + MS CRM 1.2 (English) Server 2 - W2000 (spanish) + SQL 2000 (Spanish) + AD (Spanish) Could be my problem a language incompatibility problem?. Thanks in advance. Daniel Rodriguez SMS Sistemas Argentina CRM expects all parts of it to be using the same language. you cann mix and match server languages such as sql and crm web etc -- John O'Don...

Problem assigning queue
Hi all. Installed the new v3 on mscrm and trying to get the queue workig myusing the rule deployment tool. We have an email user that has an email address of support@ourdomain.com and setup a queue with the same email address. However when we run the deployment rule is says it cant find that email address. if I change the email address to an internal user e.g support@internaldomainname.com it finds the user. Any ideas????? The upns have been setup for our internal domain name and external domain name. Thanks P ...

Font corruption?
Somehow, someway ... I have a document that has become corrupt. Better, the font seems to have become corrupt... Any cell that is Arial 16 is displayed double hight, double width!! It still shows that its Arial 16 though. ???? If I change the font to a different font name, or size w/in the same font, it looks fine.. Change it back to Arial 16, and its dbl ht/wdth. Strange too, there's a copy of this document - If I open the copy while this doc is open, it looks just as bad. However, If I open the copy first, then this original - both look fine. What the??? ...

Rule that can test for cyrillic or asian fonts?
It seems that 90% of my spam these days is in either of these fonts. Is it possible to write a rule that will put a message in a folder based on it's language or fonts? Thanks, Adam Aronson FullCity Consulting, Inc. Certified FileMaker Developer (v7 & v8) Version of Outlook? 2003/2007 can block them using the junk filter (blocked encodings option). To use a rule you need to use a rule for header contains words - look in the header for lines like this: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252", where the charset is for the types you want to block. http://a4esl.o...

Problem with a drop down window for a ccomboboxex
Hello Everyone, I'm facing a problem with a CComboBoxEx.... I've implemented a deskband & i want to include a feature like the auto-suggest feature as in the google toolbar. My problem is that when some strings are populated in the drop down & I do a show drop down, my edit control in loses focus. I'm adding strings in my function (which is called in response to a CBN_EDITCHANGE message). After populating the strings, I call CMyCombobox->ShowDropDown (TRUE); But then, my edit box loses focus. If I do an immediate SetFocus (), my drop down window disappears. Any Idea ...

IMAP4SVC problem #2
Hello everybody. I'm running MS Exchange 2003 on Server2003. IMAP4SVC in Servces appears as running, however in System Manager IMAP Virtual server is down and can not be started. When I started it from System Manager, it gave me a message: "IMAP4 Configuration The service has returned a service-specific error code. Check the Windows Event Viewer for Details" In Application Log I've found the Warning from Source: IMAP4SVC, Category: General; Event ID: 1036 " An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to s...

Problem in CSCrollView with large ScrollSizes
Hi, I have a multiple document very long in vertical size. Is there any limitation with CSrollview in vertical size? It seems to have some bugs with large scroll sizes. try this on a simple multiple document which its view is CSrollView: CSize sizeTotal; sizeTotal.cy = 10*1000*1000; sizeTotal.cx = 30000; SetScrollSizes(MM_HIMETRIC, sizeTotal); and try to use vertical scroll to reach the bottom of document, (take the scroll bar , bring it to the bottom and release it, it returns back to the top. I need such large numbers, because it take maybe 400 papers to print. Thanks, Behzad ...

Problem with Read receipt #2
I have a customer that as soon as she open her Outlook 2003 it starts sending read receipt notification to another individual. It is being sent every 1 minute and we cannot figure out what causing all this. When outlook is cloe, the read receipt is no longer sent. I have checked for rules and possible virus but no luck. Anybody have an idea where to look or what could cause such a behavior ? Thanks. Try going to Tools/Options then select e-mail options, select tracking options and at the bottom select ask me before sending a response. That might solve your problem. Jose >---...

Outlook Upgrade Problem
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP - everything work fines except my Outlook. When I try to load Outlook I get the following message : "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." I can open outlook if I choose "default" setting , but then I don't have e-mail capability. Any ideas on how to solve this ? Please post or e-mail me at hmoore4016@yahoo.com - since I can't get...

Very strange problem when inserting a picture in a 3D Chart
When trying to format the salls or the data series of a 3D Chart with a picture fill, a copy of the Worksheet the data is being taken from appears behind the picture. This is the staangest thing I have ever seen. This does hnt ha[pen when the chart is not a 3D chart. This did not happen before. We are Using Windows XP & Excel 2003. I could not find anything in the knowledgebase or support center. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Suggestions? ...

Default value and font colours?
Hi, this is probably something really simple. I have a drop-down box that gets its selections from a table, all I want to do is set it up so that it automatically comes up with one of the items like a default value unless someone wants to change it, I had a look at the default value option in properties but cant work out how to direct it to an actual entry in a table? Also if you have a combo box that shows selections is it possible to make just one of the selections a different colour font from the others? Thank You for all your help! Jay -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.co...