Fine lines print after I expand the article beyond orig template

Don't want the fine horizontal lines that print out after I expand an article
beyond the original template size in Publisher.
0
Riley (8)

If the template doesn't have the lines on the screen, then I suspect you are
experiencing printer driver problems. Do you have similar results from other
publications.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Riley" <Riley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Don't want the fine horizontal lines that print out after I expand an article
> beyond the original template size in Publisher.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking add-in help -- UNC's?
I'm trying to use this add-in and reference files by their UNC path and not by using mapped drives (R:, Q:, F:, etc) but it fails. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I dunno, but at least I don't think so because my UNC paths are correct. The .xlt file and resultant Access db will be on the company's intranet. This would allow one location for end users to navigate to when they needed to fill out the Excel form and save the info to the db. Is there maybe a more detailed document on using the add-in or suggestions? I did do a Google search but nothing came up that would help ...

Excel97
Hi all, Have the following code .. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value = True Or OptionButton2.Value = True Then If OptionButton1.Value = True Then SelDSet = OptionButton1.Tag If OptionButton2.Value = True Then SelDSet = OptionButton2.Tag Else MsgBox "You must select a Dataset [X/Y]." _ , vbCritical + vbOKOnly, _ "Dataset Required." OptionButton1.SetFocus Exit Sub End If ResVal = MsgBox("Please confirm the following: " & Chr(13) & _ &q...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

OE 6 -- subject line requestion, please?
i am using microsoft outlook express 6 (6.00.2800.1123) in the recent past, anytime i sent a web page link using outlook express, the subject line automatically contained a few descriptive words regarding the link i sent. however, for the past several months, anytime i do the above, the subject line always says a variation of this: "Emailing: 010672" .... plus the body of the email always says this: "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." then before i can press SEND, i have to 'manually' edit the subject line and then 'del...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Where is the template for the 2006 calendar?
I was able to locate the 2005 calendar template, but cannot locate the 2006 calendar template. Help! ...

Delete horizontal lines
Horizontal lines have appeared in my text in Word 2007 compatibility mode. I can't put the cursor on them. they don't respond to backspace or delete. They can't be treated as objects. i don't where they came from I don't find any solution in HELP. It tells how to add lines but not how to remove them. Perhaps I am asking the wrong question on the help screen. I appreciate your courtesy. Joseph Assuming the lines print (that is, they're not the drawing grid), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsof...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

header full line but page 2 rows
Hi I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. But all the data in 2 coloums. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:45:01 -0800, Bruno wrote: > Hi > I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. > But all the data in 2 coloums. Create a report the full width of the paper. Click on File + Page Setup + Columns Set the number of columns to 2 Uncheck the "same as detail" check box Enter the width of the columns wanted. Select "Down then Across" or "Across then Down", as wanted. -- Fred...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Macro runs fine from VBEditor, but not button
Hi, this macro was running fine, until the conversion to Office 2007. In the Locations worksheet I have a list of locations in Zone 1. A worksheet is created for each store in Zone 1. I manually move the created worksheets into another Book. Then I go back to the original file to run Zone 2. Only now I'm getting an error: Cannot run the macro 'Book 2.xlsx'!PrepareReport'. The macro may not be available in this workbook. Why is it looking to the new book for the macro? The macro is in the original file. It does let me click on the Developer tab, Macros...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

6 items line-column chart on 2 axis
I would like a bar chart to show (in 2 bars) the forecast dollars and actual percentage, where the forecast $$ use the right axis and the actual % use the left axis. The final 4 indicies will be charted using a line chart. When I create this chart my bars stack instead displaying beside each other presumable because each bar uses a different axis. Is there anyway to show the bars in separate columns? Thank you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "...

contract templates
Settings – templates – contract templates What if I want to create sales contract with free text (like e-mail template) ...

Instant runoff voting template?
I am currently hosting a vote for forum logo. So far we have 13 submissions. I would like to have an instant runoff vote that allows the participants to give their 1st, 2nd and, 3rd choices. It was suggested that I use a spread sheet. I have access to Excel and wondered if anyone here had such a template already built. Not sure which group to post to so I have cross posted to 2 others. Apologies for any inconvenient cross posting. thanks If you're going to cross-post, you need to include the three newsgroups in a single message's To: header. That way, only one message gets ...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...

Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email. Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on. I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I...

Publisher will not print multiple copies, other apps do? Help!
I have tried everything I know how to do. Publisher will not print multiple copies, but other applications will. What version Publisher? Doe the print fail in all Publisher projects? Have you looked into an upgraded driver? Will Publisher print multiple copies if you change the number in the printer folder? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sidewinder" <sidewinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBA3DCE-AE53-432E-8A7E-D6B3D6B1736A@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything I know h...

Allow changing printer destination after you print to screen
Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the document to a specific printer with a dialog box. I couldn't agree more! It is irritating that the printer can not be changed once it prints to the screen. Joe @ Aero Air >-----Original Message----- >Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after >you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the >document to a specific printer with a dialog box. >. > Amen. I...

Print Problems Excel 2003
Hi, I am trying to print a chart as a PDF with some data beside it. There are currently 960 points (240 rows, 4 columns, plus 2 axis) The chart displays fine within Excel worksheet, but when print or print preview is selected about half way down the 1st page the majority of the graph points are in a single row and then on subsequent pages the graph section is blank (The graph and data prints over 6 pages). I have tried sending straight to printer but with similar results. Any ideas ( I use the same chart format with less rows and more columns, but will overall less points and do not h...

line breaks
does anyone know how to do a line break in a chart label? for example, if the text of the label is too long, I want excel to add a "break" to the next line and move some of the label text below it. I used to use CTRL+ENTER but that do anything chong wrote: > does anyone know how to do a line break in a chart label? > > for example, if the text of the label is too long, I want > excel to add a "break" to the next line and move some of > the label text below it. > > I used to use CTRL+ENTER but that do anything On axes labels and chart titles, you...