Finding/matching custom color in publisher

I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color
background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to
the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find
out the RGB of a previously created background color.
0
JohnnyP (1)

Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free.
http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color
> background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to
> the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find
> out the RGB of a previously created background color.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

find and replace problem also duplicate Numbers
I have a range of numbers d4:h10 and a second range m4:r4 I would like to compare the numbers in d4:h10 to the numbers in m4:r4, if any number matches, replace the matched number with * (an asterisk) if they don't match do nothing, no changes Another problem I have is with duplicate numbers being generated wit the randbetween function. If I have a range of numbers a1:a5 using randbetween 1,25 what code could I use so I don't get duplicate numbers? any help I can get with these would be greatly appreciated Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jpm <<jpm.1...

grammar checker in Publisher
Is there a grammar checker in Publisher (2003)? I know of the office tools one can purchase, but, a grammar checker should be there right along side of spell checker. With your insertion pointer in a text box, choose Edit story in Microsoft Word from the Edit drop down menu. "NanVan" <NanVan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D5CDE59-2B5C-497A-A9EF-EA9C241F097C@microsoft.com... > Is there a grammar checker in Publisher (2003)? I know of the office tools > one can purchase, but, a grammar checker should be there right along side > of > spell che...

equalize table rows in Publisher table
How can I distribute rows evenly in a Publisher table - as in a Word table? You'll have to adjust them manually. Use guidelines. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Roddy" <Roddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC9A5757-9A22-49BB-AA09-1A6DA0168CC9@microsoft.com... > How can I distribute rows evenly in a Publisher table - as in a Word table? ...

Find and Replace: Using White Space Combination Character
Hello All, I am trying to remove the occurence of two spaces between words from my Mail Merged Publisher 2003. I am doing the following in the Find and Replace Dialog: Find What: ^W^W Replace With: ^W After that I click Replace and I get the message "Publisher Could Not Find Any Matching Text". However, there are about 30 instances of two spaces after a word because the blank Middle Name issue in my Mail Merge produced these multiple instances of two spaces. The character combination codes were taken from MS Publisher Help|Find and Replace|Find What|Tip. Any ideas on this....

background color showing only when in email form
I am aware of how to shade cells in excel but here is one that has me stumped. When I go to email a page out of my excel program (email for review, not as an attachment) the email has a blue background. If I email any other pages out of the program this does not happen...they simply have the white background I am anticipating. I have obviously done something in this one page but when I look at the spread sheet...the bacground outside of my work area is white. Any thoughts?? Hi David, Possibly you have Conditional Cell Formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm...

Customizing Excel
Ok here is my question, I must warn you it might not make sence at first... While working in Excel, when you SELECT a cell, it places a Dark Black Border around the CELL. When you select more than one cell all but the first cell will have the Black Border AND they will be filled with a light blue color. Is there a way to make the cell (even if it is just one cell) to have the black border AND light blue color? my email is raramirez@rccfc.org if anyone can help me! - Rene Are you trying to find the activecell quickly? If yes, Chip Pearson has some code that highlights the activece...

Report/Advanced find
I need to create either a report or advanced find ( reportsserver still not working yet) to show activities logged against a contact over the last month. This is to display any outstanding leads that need to be chased up e.t.c. What is the best way of achieving this? Many thanks, Neil Paddock. ...

How to find the cookies hit by paticular URL
Hi i am woring on AntiSpyware application, currently i am checking cookies. Could anybody please tell me about "How to find the cookies hit by paticular URL", like when i log in to yahoo i would be informed that yahoo is reading or writing the cookies. How i get count of cookies hit by particular site. Thanks in advance.... Mujtaba ...

Formatting a cell for color that has a formula also
I am using this formula =If ($A$1="","",A1+1) so that when i put a date in it adds the next date to it. I want to be able to get Saturday and Sunday to change to a yellow color to note that its a weekend date can this be done? I can do it manually but would like to be able to do it automatically if possible. Thanks Karl Select your range (all at once) With A1 the activecell, do: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =weekday(a1,2)>5 give it a nice format. I like to give date cells a custom format of: dddd* mm/dd/yyyy Karl wrote: > > I am using this...

Smartlist Receivables for Past Due Customers
I have a client who has GP version 9 and is using smartlist Past Due Customers to see the aging each day. The client is using multicurrency and would click to create a smarlist tha would show the aging in the functioning currency and orginating currency. Is there a way to dispaly this in the smarlist? Woud Smartlist builder be able to geneate the report required? Thanks. Lisa, Short answer, yes you can. Most -if not all- of the tables contains the currency, exchange table used and exchange rate per each transaction, in addition to the “Originated Credit” and “Originating Debit” ...

MATCH #2
Thanks Formula searches the way I need But for some reason it is not Inputting the Correct Information into AG Cells =3DINDEX(Sheet1!$AG$1:$AG$8000,MATCH(1,($D$1:$D$8000=3DSheet1!D1)*($J$1:$J$= 8000=AD=3DSheet1!J1),0)) With the data I have it will not be in the same order all the time and items and lines will be removed and added. I think this code is for if the line stay the same For example On Sheet 1 D=3D Account Number J=3D Product Code AG=3D Notes Sheet 2 is the same D=3D Account Number J=3D Product Code AG=3D Notes But the information inside the cells will mostly be...

Combining Publisher documents the hard way
This method is time consuming, but it does work. Create an one item merge list, either in Publisher or Access or Excel or Word. Open the second document you want to combine with the first. If it is a long document and the pages are unlinked in the second document this method will not work. Unlink all the pages; this will put all the text on page one even though you can't see it. Pictures on page one will combine, all others will not. Delete all the blank pages. Open the Catalog and Merge wizard, Do a couple of returns on the top of page one, insert the merge criteria. On step 5 cli...

Custom Formatting to Concatenate Two Cells
Hello, Say: A1 = 5 A2 = 8 I'd like A2 to display as "5 to 8". I realize that I can set the custom format to <<"5 to "0>> (without the <<>>), however I'd rather not hard-code the 5 when it's in the cell above. Does anyone happen to know how to include the value of a different cell in your cormatting? Thanks much, Bryon Eldridge I don't think you can do it via formatting alone. But if you can live with text: =a1 & " to " & a2 Bryon wrote: > > Hello, > > Say: > A1 = 5 > A2 = 8 > >...

What is this Strange Characet? Find/Replace
Hey guys- Got a CSV file here that has an address field using a weird character to separate the address line from the city/state/zip. The character is a square box. I'm trying to do a find/replace on the thing, but, I don't know what it is to be able to tell excel to find it. I've tried to copy/paste it into the Find/Replace search box, but it won't recognize it. Can someone tell me what this character is (is it a 'return' signal, a tab, what?) so that I can replace it with a normal character in excel? Thanks! D Chip Pearson has an addin that can help you find...

Change color of startup screen
Is it possible to change the color and look of startup screen in Microsoft Excel? I have just installed Microsoft Office Professional 2003 and I don't like the new lookup of the startup screen in Excel. Thank you ...

I guess this is something to do with "match".
Let me first built a senario. A B C 1 mathew 65 .......... 2 Moses 94 ........... 3 John 67 .......... 4 Sue 98 .......... Here the problem is I want a formula, to arrange the names in the order of scores. The C column is for that. A vlookup or rank or match or any other formula is just welcomed. So pls help me as soon as possible =RANK(B1,$B1:$B4) Nattu, Just sort columns A & B by column B descending. -- HTH B...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Third Party Tool to inventory Custom Fields
I am looking for a tool similiar to the Effective Rights tool to determine if/where Custom fields are being used in Server 2007. We have a growing list of fields that I would like to pare down, but need to determine if they are in use. Anybody know of one of those? Server 2007, SP2, Dec CU. You can see the list of fields defined by looking at the server settings. Since some of those may have default values it is impossible to know by inspection if they are "in-use" or not. Best practice is to note the use of the field in the description. -Jack Dahlgren "Dog...

How do I correct "numeric field overflow" in Publisher?
When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message "numeric field overflow". How do I correct this? PUB2000: "Numeric Field Overflow" Error Message When You Try to Perform a Mail Merge http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827321/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sweepea" <sweepea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67487F57-6E19-40A6-B558-BE5B26801E9C@microsoft.com... > When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message &g...

how do i make an object appear in publisher, but not print?
I want to make quotes which we can PDF and send to clients, I want these to include our letter head, but i dont want it to print when we need hard copies of the quotes. Has anyone got any ideas how to help? I would really appreciate any help!! Thanks Put the letterhead on the Master Page (Background) ctrl+m, check "Ignore Master page" and it will not print. This is for your local publication, don't know about a PDF, check the settings in Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sproc10" &l...

Publisher 2002 and merged records from Access 2000 question with J
I was wondering is there's anyone out there that can help me figure out this problem I am having: I have to create student ID badges. I have a file document created in Publisher 2002 that is attached to my Access 2000 database. I am trying to merge the records from Access 2000 to my Publisher 2002 doucment. When I merge the records I see the student firstname and lastname, however the picture displays a number. I think it's some code or something. As a test I created a form in Access using the same field (firstname, lastname and picture) and all 3 are displayed correctly. Howeve...

Customize Outlook Today link doesn't work.
The link to "customize outlook today..." doesn't work. when i click on it, it does absolutely nothing. how do i fix this? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

How do I find my post?
I posted a question about the links not working on my Excel 2003 template names on Monday and I can't find it anywhere to see if anyone answered. Is there a way to find my own post? I DID check "Notify me of replies" but haven't geotten any email. Try this archive for Excel posts. HTH http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Mira C." wrote: > I posted a question about the links not working on my Excel 2003 template > names on Monday and I can't find ...

WMP 11 "Find Album Info" opens an emply box nothing else
Running WMP 11 on Windows Media Center 2005 machine. All current updates are installed. Cannot use the "Find Album Info" feature at all. Will not work on any of the music I have wheather it was ripped nor purchased and downloaded. When I right click on an album and choose "Find Album Info" A "Find Album Information" box opens with a spinning globe in the upper right corner. The globe spins for a few seconds then it just stops and the window remains blank. I am assuming that this is the "wizard" box that I have seen mentioned in other ...

Why doesn't my background "picture" fill the page in Publisher 20.
I chose a picture as background, but it doesn't fill the entire page, I have an off center white border. Can I fix it? AmyK <AmyK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I chose a picture as background, but it doesn't fill the entire page, > I have an off center white border. Can I fix it? This is a physical limitation of your printer - it is unable to print that close to the edges of the paper. You could try printing to oversized paper and trimming, or you could buy a printer that supports full-bleed (edge-to-edge) printing. -- Ed Bennett - ...