File Sharing Problem with Publisher

Publisher 2000 and Windows XP

Hello,

I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines.

Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open it up,
they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file due to file
sharing violations.  If I save the file to their workstation, then they can
open it up.

I only encounter this in Publisher.  Any thoughts?

Jeff

Jeff Bendert wrote:
> Publisher 2000 and Windows XP
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines.
>
> Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open
> it up, they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file
> due to file sharing violations.  If I save the file to their
> workstation, then they can open it up.
>
> I only encounter this in Publisher.  Any thoughts?
>
> Jeff

Publisher files abhor being saved to and accessed from remote locations.
That's the reason it works when you save it locally.
on salads.

0
noone5620 (75)
2/16/2005 2:35:45 PM
If you give them admin powers, they should be able to open the files.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

"Jeff Bendert" <JeffBendert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher 2000 and Windows XP
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines.
>
> Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open it up,
> they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file due to file
> sharing violations.  If I save the file to their workstation, then they
> can
> open it up.
>
> I only encounter this in Publisher.  Any thoughts?
>
> Jeff

0
bkvalheim (1291)

_thiscall problem
Hi There! i am facing _thiscall conversation problem, while this below given code... could somebody suggest me some work around to solve this problem [code begin] #include <iostream.h> typedef int wxCoord ; template <class T> class CTextDropTarget { private: bool (T::*m_pt2CallbackFunc)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); public: CTextDropTarget(bool (T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y)); virtual ~CTextDropTarget(void); virtual bool OnDropText(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); }; template <class T> CTextDropTarget<T>::CTextDropTarget(bool ( T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, ...

powerpoint 2007 file too large to xmit.
75 pix; each >3 megs; reduced to slightly >1 meg. Completed file comes in at 72 Megs and will not xmit. Any answer available? I'm guessing these are not jpgs?? If you can convert and then run compress picures it should come down (a lot!) Alternatively use something like irfanview to resize them before inserting. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "ZebraControl" wrote: > 75 pix; each >3 megs; reduced to slightly >1 meg. Completed f...

How to process a PO.xml file become WorkOrder can be used at POS?
I have a PurchaseOrder.xml file that have been created from SOManager, now how I can import/convert this file become a WorkOrder which can be re-called by POS and then sale items normally? I tried to use CreateWorkOrder event within QSBridge but it's not work. I think because this event will convert the current transaction into a work order transation, so first step should I make PurchaseOrder.xml into a transactin, and then call this event? If so, how do I do for each step? Many thanks. Phuong Nguyen Hi, Are you interested in cutsom solution for your requirements. Please drop a e...

Match & Index function
Hello - I am trying to use the Match and index functions together. Typically, I have been able to match and pull in the data without a problem. But now that I am using a text file that I export into excel, I am running into problems. Basically, the formula won't work (even though I have tried trimming the data, changing all columns to text, general, and number. The only way that the formula works is when I copy and paste the actual reference cell into the reference array from the range that I am seeking to pull in the data. So for example, my formula reads: =INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(Shee...

The specified path for output file doesn't exist
Hi, We are getting this error on a AR Aged Trial Balance with Options report. All users trying to print this report are getting this error. No other GP report is giving this error. What are the possible ways to determine what is preventing users from printing the report. Thanks, Open the report option and click the destination button. Check to see if there is a pointer to a file and file location. If there is, remove it. Often this indicates that a file location either no longer exists or is not accessible. Mark On Sep 16, 1:17=A0pm, cal <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

publisher 98 with windows 98
Is there a downloadable version of MS Publisher 98 available anywhere? I tried to reinstall it for a couple reasons and it would hang the system after 13% of the install. NOw, my CD Drive won't recognize the CD. Might be a damaged CD, have you tried cleaning it? http://www.allsands.com/Music/cdcleaningmai_fw_gn.htm Copy the CD to your hard drive and try installing it that way. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft Newsgroups http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Archive Old Files to USB Drive
I have Outlook 2003. My hard drive is getting full. I already manually pull (drag and drop) emails older than a month off the server and on to an Archive file on my hard drive. I would like to archive old emails from 2008 and 2009 (now on my hard drive) to a file on a USB drive. I can free up space on my hard drive but access the older years as needed off the USB. How do I create that file on the USB that I can just drag files off my hard drive Archive to the USB file? -- bob "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B787D799-F5D7-4750...

New Profile with current pst file
Hi, Hope someone can explain where I am going wrong on this. I am using Outlook 2003 and have duplicate Personal Folders in my folder list as a result of a corrupted profile; I know that I need to create a new profile and delete the old one to resolve this. I have created a new profile but all my folders are empty as I cannot seem to get my new profile to look at my current outlook.pst file. Each new profile I create generates a new data file - outlook1.pst, outlook2.pst etc. When I go through Control Panel/Mail/Show Profiles/Properties/Data Files I only seem to get the option to add a...

Two "(ALL)" Cbo box problem
I have a form with two Cbo boxes that have a list of items and has the '(All)' choice in each Cbo Box. I have a query with the criteria set as the result for each Choice for each Cbo Box. ie [Forms]![Form]![Cbo1] The query works fine when I pick an actual value from either of the Cbo Boxes. But if any of the Values I choose is "(ALL)" nothing is returned in my query. I had it working fine also when I had only one of the Cbo's with the "(ALL)" value but once I added the second, it seems the query was not able to handle it. the Query Syntax is Select ...

Outlook on a shared internet connection.
Can anyone help me with this one? I have two PC's sharing a wireless internet connection and both using Microsoft Outlook to handle email. Both accounts have been checked and are sending out mail okay. Only one of the machines is able to receive mail though. On machine 1 I sent an email to myself and it sent and received perfect. I tried to send an email to myself using a different email address on machine 2 but it sent it to machine 1. All of machine 2's email is arriving at machine 1. Any ideas guys? Billy King <jim_ukguy@yahoo.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me with...

bad pst-file
Hi, I have a pst-file of my "old" outlook data. When i try to import that data into my outlook, i get a warning "Errors have been detected in the file <drive>:\folder\backupfile.pst. Quit outlook an the use the inbox repair tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file". When i use SCANPST to check my pst file, after phase 4 of 8 the tool stops with the message that there are errors in the file and cannot continue. I have 3 different backups of my pst-file, One as of yesterday on harddisk, on weekly backup on another harddisk and another one on tapedevice, so ...

Window Hook for Open File Dialog
Hi all: Using VC6, and after updating the SDK and setting _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0500, I encountered the OPENFILENAME size problem, and tried replacing CFileDialog with the CFileDialogST that I found on CodeProject. After slight modification, it works fine (shows the Places bar), but it always puts the file dialog top left on the screen. So I added a Window Hook procedure so I could center the file dialog on my application: static UINT __stdcall OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); implemented as UINT CFileDialogST::OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wP...

SetCursor() problem...
Hi! I have already asked here some days ago, but no one responded... I have trouble with OnCursor on a derived CStatic... I'm using the ON_WM_SETCURSOR message with OnSetCursor(CWnd*,UINT,UINT) Inside the OnSetCursor I'm using the SetCursor with LoadCursor But nothing happens... If I do the same on the main window, it works just fine, but it does not catch the OnSetCursor of the child window... (I can call the main window's OnSetCursor from the control, but I do not think this is the right way) Any help appreciated... Thanks! Make sure the static control is created with the ...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

Opening a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 2002
I am desperately trying to open a previously saved Publisher 2000 website document in Publisher 2002 but every time I try to opn it, Publisher program goes into safe mode and the document will not open......can someone please help me!! Is there an error message? How large is the document? If you want you can send it my way and I will try to open it. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flying High" <Flying High@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A532EF99-...

Internet mail problem
At this moment all the users are using a user@domain.local (Exchange 2003) mail address. This works fine inside domain.local . The problem comes when I want to send or receive internet mail. If I send as user@domain.local the email will be delivered but the receiver can't answer because that address is not "correct". I would like to now how can I allow a user to send internet e-mail with a valid address like ( user@domain.com). Thanks. "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote: >At this moment all the users are using a user@domain.local (Exchange 2003) >...

File all of a sudden Read Only??
I have an Excel file saved on disk that I frequently use. I've never had any problems opening or closing this file and all of a sudden today I tried to open it and I get an error message stating it may be read only. I can't right click on it to check the properties either, doing this locks up my system. Does anyone know how I can rectify this and why it changed out of the blue?? I can open all the other files on the disk. On disk -- do you mean on a floppy disk? Try to copy the file from the disk to your HD If you can do this, you should be able to open the file, if you ...

move mailbox from 2003 to 2007 creates shared mailbox
I just moved my first mailbox from our 2003 backend server to our new 2007 mailbox server. Now I see the mailbox listed in the console as a shared mailbox instead of a legacy mailbox. I can't find information about how to prepare a 2003 mailbox for moving so it would become a normal mailbox instead of a shared mailbox. I can't find information about how to convert a shared mailbox to a normal mailbox. Any pointers will be appreciated. ...

outlook express dbx file into outlook 2000
A coworker was having problems with Outlook Express 6 - probably because of the thousands of e-mails he had stored in the program. Last week we installed Outlook 2000 on his machine and imported all of his messages and address book. Come to find out he had some other Outlook Express DBX files in a safe place on the server. The emails in these DBX files were not imported into Outlook. I haven't yet figured out how to do so and could use a little bit of guidance. Thanks! Scott Open Outlook Express and create a new folder called Restore. Right click on Restore and select properties to...

What is the maximum .ost file size for outlook 2003?
I'm still trying to justify a 2GB limit for our executives to the IT Director. Currently they are getting an error when trying to sync their current 2.5 GB mailbox(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306076). I found this article that says 2GB is the max size for an ost http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832925 Our director is arguing that since outlook is running in unicode mode the limit is 20GB not 2GB... What is the maximum size that we can have for an .ost file. -- Network Admin Your director is correct. Remember, an OST file is basically the same thing ...

Arabic Language Problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a serious troubles with arabic language I can write but the letters of every word are separated like english which is not correct in arabic language. In entourage, if the subject of the message is written in arabic, I see it something like ????? ?? ?????????? ??? ?? I hope my poor english is still enough to get you to my points Regrads <mmuzaini@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > I have a serious troubles with arabic language I'm not surprised. It's not properly supported. The fonts the...

Problems with Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server
I have Outlook attached to an Exchange Server and setup with a POP3 account. Whenever I send mail to an internet adressee I receive a message back from the Exchange server that the message delivery is being delayed, although it should not go through the Exchange server, it should go out using my SMTP setting with my POP3 account. After the delay I receive a message that the mail was not sent. The problem seems to be that the mail is going to Exchange Server instead of though my Internet Mail account. Does anyone have any solutions? ...

Sharing Folders #2
Hi Everyone, Sorry for such a dumb question but how do I share a users exchange folders. I need my assistant to be able to view all my exchange folders (inbox, contacts, etc.)? I want to give her full rights to all my folders as well as send email as if it came from me. Thanks Open up the properties of your user account in AD Users and Computers, go to the Exchange tab, and click on the Mailbox Rights button. Then give whoever Full Control to your mailbox >-----Original Message----- >Hi Everyone, > >Sorry for such a dumb question but how do I share a users >exchan...

New Money file and multiple accounts
I have just bought money 2006, since I've had some issues with my 2005 file I decided to start all over. So I downloaded from multiple bank accts. money import files. Here's the issue, I have a checking and a savings acct, different banks, I've transferred money between these two accts many times. These transfers show up in the downloaded files, but are not linked between the two accts. So the withdraw from one shows as an expense, and the deposit to the other shows as income. other than changing the category, which causes a second trans action to appear in the other acct, ...