File format converter won't work

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C5F418.4A470D10

After several months without problem, Publisher 2003 now will not open a =
text file created in Word. I get this error message after I try to =
insert it into a text box:

"Publisher cannot start the file format converter C:\program =
files\Microsoft shared\Textconv\msconv97.dll"

I KNOW msconv97.dll is there.  I've run the "Fix" program and also =
uninstalled Publisher and then reinstalled. Other than this problem, =
Publisher seems to work well.  HELP!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance!    Hank

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C5F418.4A470D10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After several months =
without&nbsp;problem,=20
Publisher 2003 now will not open a text file created in Word. I get this =
error=20
message after I try to insert it into a text box:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Publisher cannot start the file format =
converter=20
C:\program files\Microsoft shared\Textconv\msconv97.dll"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I KNOW msconv97.dll is there.&nbsp; =
I've run the=20
"Fix" program and also uninstalled Publisher and then reinstalled. Other =
than=20
this problem, Publisher seems to work well.&nbsp; =
HELP!!!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Many thanks in =
advance!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Hank</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C5F418.4A470D10--

Try re-registering the .dll
Start, run
REGSVR32 msconv97.dll
This .dll is included in Office 2003 service pack 2
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887616

Additional text converters and image filters are available in the Microsoft Office
File Converter Pack
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;212265
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Harry Ebert" <hank.ebert@verizon.net> wrote in message
After several months without problem, Publisher 2003 now will not open a text file
created in Word. I get this error message after I try to insert it into a text box:

"Publisher cannot start the file format converter C:\program files\Microsoft
shared\Textconv\msconv97.dll"

I KNOW msconv97.dll is there.  I've run the "Fix" program and also uninstalled
Publisher and then reinstalled. Other than this problem, Publisher seems to work
well.  HELP!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance!    Hank

0
gsauer (5093)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Public Folder link to Excel File

Converting Opportunity to Account

Renaming Partial File Names

Fractions Number format

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro