Failure to start without CD

I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 Pro system.  It has
worked well for a couple of years, as does the rest of the
office suite.  Now, however, on starting Publisher it
triggers the Windows Installer and need the CD (SR-2) for
a few seconds only beforre its starts normally.  Any ideas
why?

John
0
jmthilton (1)

You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a
second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these
files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should
cure your ills.

Windows Installer cleaner

Cd2Cleaner

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/38.asp

Before re-installing Office and Publisher, download and install the new
version of the Windows Installer 2.0.

Windows Installer 2.0 All Versions

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=83&qu=installer&View=en-us

donotknock (1941)
1/6/2004 8:38:46 PM
PUB2000: Windows Installer Runs Every Time You Start Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827811&Product=ofw2k

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"John Hilton" <jmthilton@iee.org.uk> wrote in message
> I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 Pro system.  It has
> worked well for a couple of years, as does the rest of the
> office suite.  Now, however, on starting Publisher it
> triggers the Windows Installer and need the CD (SR-2) for
> a few seconds only beforre its starts normally.  Any ideas
> why?
>
> John

0
laserdog (1122)

Nice Place to start with COM?
Kindly suggest nice step-by-step tutorials to start off with COM. Most preferred would be web based tutorials and then of course Mankind's best friend, books! > Kindly suggest nice step-by-step tutorials to start off with COM. > Most preferred would be web based tutorials and then of course > Mankind's best friend, books! One of the better books for COM is by Andrew Troelsen. Its for ATL and COM but a good portion of it is why is it necessary etc. More of a COM from C++ perspective. You should go with ATL if you are going the COM way(instead of MFC). There are samples at co...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Aspnet_wp.exe could not be started
I have a problem with the web client of CRM 1.2 The outlook clients are running so the database connection is oke but ther e is somthing wrong with the web clients. edit the web.config in the root of the CRM (add validateRequest="false" )website did not work. verify that the ASPNET account has the correct user rights as follows: as in KB 811320 did not work Somebody seen this problem before? Reply or mail me marcemarc65@hotmail.com thanks in advance Hi, Does the event log give you any additional information (start -> run -> eventvwr)? Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlan...

add-ins without install disc
My students need to install and use some of the standard Excel add-ins, but some cannot find the required install disc. Is there a way to do this without the install disc? carbon_noodle - The experience of my students has been limited to Solver and Analysis ToolPak, and , as I recall, you definitely need the Office/Excel installation CD. However, as I recall, you can use any Office/Excel CD, as long as it's for the identical version of Office/Excel that is currently installed on the hard drive. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "carbon_noodle" <QuantumKinetics@gmail.com&...

discrepancy in starting balance
How do I verify a starting balance from my 7/21/03 statement? Everything had balanced to that point and I need to go back to verify it before I can move on. Thanks! ...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
sir, my computer os is window7 Ulimate. i have intalled window outlook7. it opened two times. now when ever tried to open i recieve following message. Cantnot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Cannot open the Outlookwindow. The set of folgers cannot opened. The file C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst is not a personal folder file please help, any solution to this problem See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/...

AutoShape arrow will not overlay text without causing wrapping
In Pub2k I could go to Text Frame Properties - uncheck the "Wrap text around objects" and the text would stay still no matter what I put around or on it. Now in Pub2003 I cannot get the text to "Not Wrap". I have tried every option in the Format Text Box/Layout. The "NONE" option may work with pictures but it DOES NOT work with AutoShapes. If I put the text "on top" then I cannot adjust my arrows "under" the text. I just hate it when a newer software version omits a major feature!!!!! Well - as soon as I posted this question I "f...

WTB: Outlook 2003
Does anyone have a training cd/dvd (original not a copy) for Outlook 2003 that they want to sell? Looking for one from below or equal. computer-training-software.com keystone learning.com thanks ...

Failure to send e-mail
Have received the follwoing 2 messages as being unable to deliver e-mails, one was to a .net address the other to a .co.u anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to resolv 1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail from 212.69.243.42 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted) 2. there was a SMTP communicatio problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 sm...

Entering information exactly without updates or adjustments for in
Hello there How can you put information in Microsoft Money 2004 exactly as it appears in your statements and not have it make adjustments or update the information? Its driving me mad!! It tells me "what something should be based on the information I put in" when the information on my statements says something else. Help Me!! You are probably going to have to give some more information and maybe an example or two of what Money is doing before people will know what issue you are trying to work and how to help. "Darryl Williams" <Darryl Williams@discussions.micro...

CHKDSK scheduled scan on start-up -- how do I abort?
I mistakenly scheduled Chkdsk to run a scan when I restarted my primary laptop, and it is now running. It is running before Windows fully boots up, which means the computer is disabled. It appears likely to take hours to finish, and I desperately need the affected computer up and running immediately. How do I tell Chkdsk to abort, so I can continue starting up the computer? Pressing Esc does not work. Please, please help! This is a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop running Windows XP with all the latest updates. Thanks, C_Kilgore There is no way to abort a chkdsk in progres...

include credit notes in select cheques without applying
the ability to include a credit note in a select cheques run without having to apply it to any invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ee64b37f-41ab-4036-a...

Failure to Print
I tried printing a spreadsheet but the rows from 73 onwards could not be printed at all. They are not even visible in the Print Preview. Can I know what are the possible reasons? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi courtesio99 Clear your Print Area in the File menu -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "courtesio99" <courtesio99.z8x4a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:courtesio99.z8x4a@excelforum-nospam.com... > I tried printing a spreadsheet but the rows from 73 onwards could not be > printed at...

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

How to copy a formula without file reference
I have a spreadsheet with formulas lnking cells in different sheets o the same file. When I copy this formula into another spreadsheet , i retains the file reference thus making it useless. Eg. When this formula - (='Sheet 1'!S1420) - is copied to another fil the formula changes as follows: ='[2006 Plan.xls]Sheet 1'!S1420, wher "2006 Plan.XLS" is the file name of the first file. I need to copy this formula to over 60 files running Excel 2000 o Excel 2003. Please help me with this issue. Thanks, Jij -- jij ------------------------------------------------------...

Print form without command button.
I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx for your insight. On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:59:03 -0700, Sokan33 wrote: > I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx > for your insight. Set the button's Display When property to Screen Only. It's on the button's property sheet's Format tab. Note: Form's are designed for data entry, manipulation , and display, not for printing. You would be well advised to create a report with the data you wish to show. If you wish to display the data within the form'...

Can I wipe my MDBDATA files and start over?
I am getting the following error and I've already tried to fix it but can't. Also, I don't have any versions that I can restore from backup. The OS is SBS2k3 Premium and the clients (only 3) are running in Cached mode. What I want to know is if I can just wipe the files and have Exchange recreate them? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Database Page Cache Event ID: 474 Date: 2/19/2004 Time: 1:15:07 AM User: N/A Computer: VISION Description: Information Store (4080) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsr...

How To Have A Form Start With A Blank?
Access 2007 I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank form. How can I accomplish that? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! (B^>)-]=[ Put the following code in the OnLoad Event of the form DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec This will open the form in a state that is ready to enter a new record, but also allow you to search existing records. On 2/22/10 9:26 AM, WSR wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank > form. > > How can I accomplish that? > >...

Error: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item..."
Hi there! In Outlook 2002, when replying back to an email, getting error message: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item. Copy the content to a new item, or save the item as a text file or RTF file." Has anyone ever heard of this? If so, please let me know!!! thanks!!! cat I have a user who is experiencing the same problem when trying to reply to an HTML formatted email. Using Outlook 2000. I attempted to "repair" the Office installation, with no effect. Does anyone have an answer for this one? ...

Can't start-up Microsoft Outlook
I just installed Office 2003, I was using Office XP. I uninstalled Office XP and installed Office 2003. When I go to check my mail after a reboot, it works fine. When I go to check my mail again, I can't open it up. Sometimes it will ask if I want to open Outlook in safe mode, to fix the problem. I receive a message in right-hand corner saying that "Outlook not responding. If you are using an exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications are, and then clicking cancel server request on the shortcut menu." ...

VS 2008 Windows Forms project will not start
Hi I have created a new Windows Forms project in Visual Studio 2008 (SP1) - this is running on Windows XP Professional When I click the "Play/Start" button in the IDE to start the debugging of the project, the IDE responds by momentarily seemingly to start the project but then instantly terminates it without showing or loading the startup form. There are no compiler errors, no compiler warnings, and almost no code in the Project I have placed a break-point on both the New() of the form and the on the _Load event of the form and neither are hit. I have plac...

Weird problems on startup. Microsoft Exchange System Attendant doesn't start
I'm encountering some weird problems. On startup, Microsoft system attendant will fail to start, I've already tested dns and all that however, if I log in and go to services.msc I can start it up manually, so right now I've set it to restart service every minute on failure. Do you have any clues? I'm on exchange 2003 enterprise SP1 and Microsoft Windows 2003 standard edition. On startup: 1) The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: The operation ...

Please help!!! Information Store and System Attendant does not start
Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions. Friday my exchange 2k box crashed on the windows side. I have put the exchange hard drives in a new pc. I repaired the drive by running the windows repair and bascially had to almost install windows again. However, it comes back up at win2k sp3. I reran the exchange sp3 patch on the server. All my drives look good. However, the information store and exchange system attendant will not start. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on why this is happening? Also on a side note I can not remote desktop into this pc which is weird? I can ping...

outlook won't start
Still having trouble - have string of emails from 1/31 but no solution - outlook says run scanpst.exe; tried, it says pst file is open - I have nothing running that I am aware of that would tie to the pst file. Rebooting, safe mode, last good configuration, none of those things help. Ideas? Is Outlook closed when you run the repair tool? Check your task manager > processes to make sure outlook.exe isn't running. "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F470ED3-F31C-4DEF-9D8F-F57A315A2B69@microsoft.com... > Still having tro...