Fading photo/picture edges

Hello,

i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a photo
into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and a
few other options but not just fading out the edges.

is there an option to do this?

thanks for your time.

Patch.
0
Patch (14)

Is it just me? I do my photo editing outside of Publisher and then insert it
into my document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
> photo
> into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
> document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and
> few other options but not just fading out the edges.
>
> is there an option to do this?
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> Patch.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/11/2005 5:32:22 PM
No not jest you.
Photoshop & Xara and messin' with Acrylic beta.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Is it just me? I do my photo editing outside of Publisher and then insert
it
| into my document.
|

| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > Hello,
| >
| > i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
| > photo
| > into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on
the
| > document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen
and
| > few other options but not just fading out the edges.
| >
| > is there an option to do this?
| >
| > thanks for your time.
| >
| > Patch.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
12/11/2005 8:21:25 PM
Publisher does not offer the ability to fade out the edges of images. You
need to use an image editing program for this.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
> photo
> into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
> document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and
> few other options but not just fading out the edges.
>
> is there an option to do this?
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> Patch.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

I never want to keep downloaded pictures. How stop that ?
When open e-mail, often asks if you want to download pictures. Usually do. The when going to close the e-mail, I get this ? every time do I want to save pictures. How can I set the default to not ask that question and just not save the downloaded pictures? Thanks "Dan Riddle" <Dan Riddle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28122FFD-C461-428B-80B6-6ECF9024DB1C@microsoft.com... > When open e-mail, often asks if you want to download pictures. Usually do. > The when going to close the e-mail, I get this ? every time do I want to > save ...

inserting photos
I have created a spread sheet with the student demographics for our school. I want to include the student photos. I have the photos in a folder. I have a text file that matches student id numbers to photo names. What is the best (is there a best) way to proceed? Thanks, Jeremy On Feb 24, 1:02=A0am, "Jeremy Schubert" <j...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote: > I have created a spread sheet with the student demographics for our schoo= l. > I want to include the student photos. =A0I have the photos in a folder. = =A0I > have a text file that matches student id numbers to ph...

vbscript to get photos from ldap provider
Hi All.... I'm trying to connect to an ldap provider and pull user photos and save them to file. The vbscript i'm using runs fine (kinda sorta). It does connect and pull the photos out and saves them to file, but it only pulls the first 500 users and then I get this error "Provider: The size limit for this request was exceeded." I've tried playing around with the provider and page size to no avail. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice! ################################################################### ' Set path to save picture slocal=&quo...

Embed Picture of Chart
Can anyone help me? I have a workbook with a number of worksheets with contain data and a chart based on some of the data. I want to be able make a create a worksheet that contains only a linked picture of the charts on the separate workbooks. The only way I've been able to this up to now is by copying the chart to the clipboard, pasting it in powerpoint as a linked picture and then moving that picture back to excel. Is there a simpler way of doing this? Any help is much appreciated! Bert ...

When I use no margins, white edges still appear in printing. How .
How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser printer? Hi Pub (Pub @discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser || printer? Because your printer cannot print to the edge. This is a limitation of your printer, and Publisher can only print to the printer's limitations. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

How can I crop a circle out of a photo?
I inserted a photo into publisher and all I can do is crop out a square. Is there a way that I can crop out a circle? burnerexpert wrote: >I inserted a photo into publisher and all I can do is crop > out a square. Is there a way that I can crop out a circle? ================================ What version of Publisher are you running? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled Hi burnerexpert (burnerexpert@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I inserted a photo into publisher and all I can do is crop out a || square. Is there a way that I can crop out a circle? ...

Hub to Edge in E2K7
Hey guys, So I have a setup of E2K7 up and running. Internal mail flows without issue. There is a single box acting as the Client access, hub and mailbox server and a separate bos acting as the edge. I have completed the edge subscription process and all seemed successful without issue. My problem is that I can't get mail to flow from the hub to the edge... atleast that's how it appears. I can see the messages in the queue on the hub in queue viewer and they list the delivery type as "SMTP Relay in Active Directory site to Edge Transport Server". From the hub I...

Publisher does not display frames and pictures from saved files?
When I create a file in Publisher [Office Pro 2003, fully updated] the borders and pictures are accessible and instantly visible. Then I save and close the file. When I reopen the file none of the pictures or borders are visible. If I click in the appropriate blank area on my document, the drag dots outlining the placeholder appear but nothing else. If I go to format ie a text box, the software will drop the selector box for colours etc, and will let me select a colour, but on closing the selector box it just defaults to a blue outline around the colour edit box. However if I pr...

open iPhone photos outlook?
How do I open iPhone photos received through Outlook? with your camera or other software that reads the format of those pictures. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "iPhone Photos" <iPhone Photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D86FABB-ED74-4C6D-8B98-2865DAB98AEA@microsoft.com... > How do I open iPhone photos received through Outlook? ...

How does one print in b&w from document with color pictures??
For what it's worth I have MSPublisher 2007. I see NOWHERE to change print color to b&w in order to save on cost of publishing. It seems basic to me to be able to designate b&w. Bevkay wrote: > For what it's worth I have MSPublisher 2007. I see NOWHERE to change > print color to b&w in order to save on cost of publishing. It seems > basic to me to be able to designate b&w. ================================= In Pub 2007...the following steps work for my old HP Printer. File / Print / Properties button / Publication and Paper settings tab / Paper Quality...

powerpoint 2007 hungs up while inserting pictures on windows 7 x86
hello, i have office 2007 professional installed on a fresh installed windows 7 professional x86. i have sp2 for office 2007 and all windows updates installed. but when i try to insert a picture in powerpoint it hungs up everytime. any ideas? regards, sebastian Do you have a local default printer driver. (Yep I know that sounds crazy but it matters) See http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00850.htm "Sebi" <Sebi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9F4DBA-4541-4E35-B3C0-6598162B026D@microsoft.com... > hello, i have office 2007 professional inst...

Download Picture in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
Hi, I have Office 2003. Last week I applied SP to it. Before the SP when I would receive an e-mail I had an option for downloading the picture in the e-mail. But since the upgrade to SP I no longer have the option. All I have in the e-mail is Giff. Anybody knows how to get the download picture back from the the right click to download the picture in the e-mail? Thanks Sepehr >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have Office 2003. Last week I applied SP to it. Before >the SP when I would receive an e-mail I had an option for >downloading the picture in the e-mail...

Outlook 2003 can't display HTML+Photo sent from Outlook 2007
User A ===== - using Outlook 2003 - able to receive HTML email with photo attachment composed/sent from Outlook 2003 - unable to receive HTML email with photo attachment composed/sent from Outlook 2007 but can received the HTML part, not the photo part. - able to received plain text email with photo attachment composed/ sent from Outlook 2007 Anyone encounter this before? or how to enable the Outlook 2003 user to be able to received HTML email with photo attachment composed/sent from Outlook 2007. Thanks. Alcali. ...

Microsoft Picture Manager 2003
When on final page selection before printing Photos, Is there any way to prevent the " Crop and rotate to fit " which is happening unnecessary, especially in 4 X 6'' album prints. Once you get the picture cropped and adjusted, It still crops the photo, no matter which way you rotate it. 27 - 4 - 10 -- Srus Picture Manager has nothing to do with printing Photos, that's handled by Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You can either configure and save the picture as a temporary picture before (ensuring you make it exactly the right size) or use a 3rd party pro...

embedded pictures #2
I recently upgraded to the office environment. I am very dismayed to find out that I now have to open each attatchment to view the contents of graphics. In the previous version of outlook express Having images open when I previewed my email was quick and easy. Is there any way to set up office outlook with this same capability? Thanks in advance. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Picture help (for an excel virgin)
ok, so at work i often have to format pictures into excel, they go fou to a page (landscape), with labels i've already done up a macro simply to resize them so all i have to d is position them, but, ever in search of an easier way to do things i was toying with the idea of making a template with specificall sized cells to insert the pictures, and just type up the labels. my question is this is there a way to insert a picture and confine its size to a cell o predetermined dimensions?? -- joga1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joga11's Pr...

How can I expand a business card to produce a picture ID badge?
I have created a picture business card template. I want to expand that card to be larger than a business card and use it for a picture ID. Can someone offer advice? What size is larger? Open your business card. Open a new Publisher file, page setup, select the size label you need, copy your business card, paste to the new setup. Adjust your objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Melvin" <Melvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DCDE432-CCD1-43E7-8088-7E0F05FF0D8D@microsoft.com... >I have created a picture business card template. I want to...

Why does an inserted and locked photo move to a 2nd page?
I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" and "behind text". When the document becomes long enough to warrant a second page the photo jumps to the top of the second page instead of staying in place at the top of the first page. Why is this happening? Is there something else I need to do to insure it stays at the top of the first page? Thanks for any input! I'm baffled! In Need of Help wrote: > I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" > and "behind text". When the document b...

Photo Printing Wizard..
Is there any type of add-on or something to change the options for Windows XP Photo Printing Wizard? Maybe there's some place I can go and edit something to make more options.. I have a program to do what I need, but I'd rather use what's built into Windows if I could. Much easier to just select my files and say print. Photo Printing Wizard has options to do Contact Sheets (35 pics to a page), but would have been nice to do say 9 per page or 12 per page, etc. yuppicide wrote: > Is there any type of add-on or something to change the options for Windows ...

Quick campaign email with picture
In Outlook, you can paste a jpeg into the body and if the user's email software does not have it set to html or rich text, it appears as an attachment. In CRM, I am not able to paste anything into the body except for text. For marketing purposes, it looks nice to have the picture in the body of the email. Is this yet another flaw or "feature" of CRM that restricts us from marketing via email? Just take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/emailsiglines.mspx Best regards "Luvsql" wrote: > In Outlook, you can paste a jpeg into ...

photo Attachment
Lately when I send my Kodak photos to my family even though it shows it only sent once on my end, they receive up to six copies of my e-mail. I never send more than two photos, even when I send one this happens. I scan once a week for viruses and have none. I don't want to condense the photo because they don't come out that great on the recipient end. Any suggestions or advice, my family loves the photos but many are still on dial up and it ties up their computers for over an hour to receive 6 copies! ...

how do I sort, cut and copy pictures with cell?
I did select the related option under Tools, Edit it did not work. Also, I selected the picture then clicked Format, Picture and under the Properties tab I selected "move and size" and that did not work either. Thanks. First off, I don't know if you understand this but the pictures aren't part of the cell. They're inherantly floating above it on the drawing layer. Most users don't realize this but for this project it makes a difference. I imported some clip art, made sure I followed the same steps you did, and came to the conclusion that the picture wont move...

exploded pie chart with background picture
I tried in vain to create an (exploded) pie chart where a background picture would be exploded into slices e.g a 'euro coin face ' (http://www.ecb.int/bc/coins/common/html/index.en.html) exploded into slices representing some percentage values. When I try to insert a picture, the entire coin face is inserted in all slices, resulting in ugly skewed pictures. PS: if that is solvable, I ultimately wanted a pie-of-pie chart. :) -- rvExcelNewTip ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rvExcelNewTip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Microsoft Picture It! Publishing Platinum v.2002
I'm unable to do anything with this. I installed it on my new computer. I click on open and edit , my computer then the picture files that I want. They are all there but when I click on one picture to work on I get an error. I click ok and everything closes. Same for all the projects. Visual C++ Runtime Library runtime error: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture IT! 2002\pip.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information. Well, fool that I am, I called Microsoft and they would like $45. t...

Can I insert a picture depending on the contents of another cell?
I have a list of data and each individual piece of data has a small logo in the adjacent cell. Can I make Excel insert the picture in various places in the worksheet, depending on which data is in the cell next to it? (It is flags for each individual country and I want the flag to be inserted automatically depending on which country is in the cell next to it). Thanks. Check out the below http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "JP" wrote: > I have a list of data and each individual piece of data has a small logo in > ...