Fading photo/picture edges

Hello,

i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a photo
into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and a
few other options but not just fading out the edges.

is there an option to do this?

thanks for your time.

Patch.
0
Patch (14)

Is it just me? I do my photo editing outside of Publisher and then insert it
into my document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
> photo
> into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
> document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and
> few other options but not just fading out the edges.
>
> is there an option to do this?
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> Patch.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
12/11/2005 5:32:22 PM
No not jest you.
Photoshop & Xara and messin' with Acrylic beta.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Is it just me? I do my photo editing outside of Publisher and then insert
it
| into my document.
|

| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > Hello,
| >
| > i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
| > photo
| > into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on
the
| > document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen
and
| > few other options but not just fading out the edges.
| >
| > is there an option to do this?
| >
| > thanks for your time.
| >
| > Patch.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
12/11/2005 8:21:25 PM
Publisher does not offer the ability to fade out the edges of images. You
need to use an image editing program for this.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i was wondering if it was possible to fade the edges of a picture or a
> photo
> into the background - so that the image would appear to be seemless on the
> document, i understand that there is fade, grey scale, transparent pen and
> few other options but not just fading out the edges.
>
> is there an option to do this?
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> Patch.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Unable to view background pictures
I am unable to view background images I can view colors. I have tried Firefix and the images do show with that browser. What can I do to fix this? Hi April, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, uncheck "Ignore colors specified on web pages" If that setting is already unchecked, run IE8 in no Addons mode to determine if a third-party addon is blocking or changing the web page background. Regards. "April Rose" <April Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3B9B197-2939-42F4-A860-CB22325F544A@microsoft.com......

how to crop a picture in an Outlook email
I can paste a picture into an HTML email (using cntrl-v to paste from the buffer). I can drag a corner of it to shrink or expand the picture. How can I crop it AFAIK Outlook doesn't provide this capability. crop it with a graphics tool outside of Outlook, then paste result into HTML email in Outlook.. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Bernmutt wrote: > I can paste a picture into an HTML email (using cntrl-v to paste from the buffer). I can drag a corner of it to shrink or expand the picture. How can I crop it? > > ...

Create new picture (company logo)
I am trying to copy our company logo and place it in a modified report in Great Plains Enterprise Report Writer. What I did is go Tools > Customize > Report Writer. Then Choose Picture from the Resources menu to bring up the Picture Definition window. My problem is when I copy a picture and paste in the Clipboard, nothing appears on the Clipboard. Does the picture or object had to be in a specific file format? Thanks Quintin Don't know about ver 8.0 but for previous versions, it is recommended that you use a .bmp file. Please note that you have to copy and paste the ACTUAL ...

Object vs Picture Handling in Different Versions of Excel
I used to have Excel 2000. I could copy a screenshot into Paint and then grab a part of it and directly paste it into Excel 2000. When I clicked on it, it was handled as an Object with the formula of "=EMBED("Paint.Picture","")" Now when I try the same thing in Excel 2003, it comes across as a Picture with no equation. How can I force Excel 2003 to mimic what I did in Excel 2000? (The best I can do so far is to save the screenshot and then open/import it as an Object. Howeve, the formula is not the same: "=EMBED("Bitmap Image","&qu...

load picture into SDI main window
Hello all, I would like to get some hints on how to load an BMP-image into the main window of an SDI-application. I was searching the net for this information, but it didn't help me a lot. Could you please give me some hints, what I should do? Thanks a lot. V.K. You will be loading in the view for SDI. There are several examples at codeguru/codeproject. Following shows how to load a JPEG: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ You can use LoadImage to load a bmp, but the idea is the same. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Verbal Kint" <TENSOA...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

Want to place picture in top left corner of chart
I am attempting to add an annotation to a chart using the copypicture functionality. My problem is in precisely positioning the top-left corner of the picture at the top-left corner of the plotarea. The plotarea.insideleft property seems to return the offset of the left side side of the y-axis. In Excel 2003 SP2, the chart.axes(xlValue,xlPrimary).width property returns 0, so I can't work out how to offset the picture precisely. Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance.. Please ignore previous post - I was adding my picture object to the cell, not to the chart object! "Pete...

tilted photos
When I place a photo purposefully askew it prints like it went through a blender. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance, Lucie Lucie1970@yahoo.com After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lucie <lucie1970@yahoo.com>... > When I place a photo purposefully askew it prints like it > went through a blender. Any thoughts? Askew it in a graphics app and then import? Publisher's photo rotation/skewing reduces the image to web resolution -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the d...

Problems with pasting pictures
I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste it into a publsiher 2000 document, a white box appears with a large black cross in instead of the picture I copied. How can I get the picture I copy to actually paste into publisher? Pub 2000 here also. Take a look at View, Picture display... You may have the third option checked. -- Don Vancouver, USA "njj200" <njj200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB8EC5B8-A9C3-4968-B060-E76A497D302A@microsoft.com... > I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then p...

Sending Photos in Wave 4
In Windows Live Mail Wave 3, adding photos was pretty easy, and formatting the photo email was pretty good, and my parents loved doing that. My problem is with Wave 4, it seems you can't do that. The only options are to attach, or use sky drive. My parents don't have a sky drive account, and would rather no have to upload them online, so is there any way to still format photos like we used to be able to in Wave 3? Thanks. Alt + F, Options, Mail, Compose, uncheck Convert to photo e-mails when adding photos. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "SDreamer&q...

Publisher Photo Album Missing
I am using Publisher 2003. When I click insert picture, there is no option for the Phot Album. I know I have used it before, but it is no longer available. -- ffspecial There is not a Photo Album associated with Publisher. You might be remembering the Design Gallery. You can add pictures to the Design Gallery. The images will only be available for the present document. They will not be available in other publications. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ffspecial" <ffspecial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C7784A1-9F0B-43CE-AF02-53395B312988@m...

Pictures in Outlook 2003 #2
I cannot see the attached pictures with the e-mail people send to me, I always have to click on the one by one. Anyone knows how I can see them like Outlook Express? I am currently using Outlook 2003. Thank you, João Marques Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgrou...

Is there a way in Excel to insert a picture into a group of merge.
Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the picture auto fit into a grop of merged cells? Or do I have to manually resize the picture every time? hi, not possible. image controls are objects that "float" on top of the sheet. they cann't be assigned to cells. you can set the size. size the format control to the size you want it. Right click the image control, click properties. set the autosize to false. Regards Frank. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the >picture auto ...

How can I change size of the picture without changing chartobject?
Hi there, I have this code in a userform and get with it a picture in the same size as the chartobject - to small. I want a much larger (fill the screen as much as possible). I can easily solve it by changing size of the chartobject before export to gif, but i dno't want to do that. I want to change the size of the gif during or after importing it by LoadPicture. How? Help = Forever happy /Regards Dim ChartNum As Integer Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Debug.Print "frmPPT initilize " ChartNum = 1 UpdateChart End Sub Private Sub UpdateChart() Set CurrentChart ...

unable to view preview pictures (.jpg), gallery view works fine
One day Windows Photo Gallery just decided to not open pictures (.jpgs) when I click on them. I can hit "go back to gallery view" and see that, but still not just on single pictures. in order to see you have to hit slideshow. so I know the program is not totally crashing because slideshow works and gallery view works, just not viewing individual pictures. l haven't seen anyone else giving step by step instructions on how to fix. Can you help? -- laughlin ...

Update picture changes wrap points, Pub 2002 & 03
I have struggled with this problem for six months. Whenever I update a graphic in Pub 2002 or 03beta2, any custom wrap points are erased. It is interesting to note the transparency setting used via the "Magic Wand" will be the same, and the default wrap settings are the same. E.g. White is still transparent, and Tight is still Tight, but the one wrap point I moved to generate white space between the girl's hair and the text defaults to Tight. This behavior was not evident in Pub 2000, which I have used for two years. Someone suggested reclicking Text Wrapping and reselecting Tig...

Can we Save a Picture if we have IPicture Interface as demostrated by LoadPic.exe provided by Microsoft
Hey Friends Can we Save a Picture if we have IPicture Interface as demostrated by LoadPic.exe provided by Microsoft.I have seen the documentation which says that "The picture object also supports IPersistStream so it can save and load itself from an instance of IStream". I wish to save the image data. Can someone provide sample code...Plz ...

Inserting picture stored in an Access DB table
I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? Thanks hi pictures and other objects cannot be inserted into cells. objects "float" on top of the sheet. the closest you might get is to insert the picture into a comment. see this site. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture regards FSt1 "Jess" wrote: > I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a > table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? > > Thanks...

inserting jpeg photos
Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say about 50) without inserting them one at a time on each page. Kaye Payne http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00050.htm should help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Kaye Payne" <kayepayne1@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uykJn.26133$pv.4842@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say ...

envoi photo
salut çava Oui save et toi -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "abdellah" <abdellah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E18EE98C-FD4A-4A60-8226-2AA72A8E0295@microsoft.com... > salut çava ...

cricket pictures
muje cricket ki pics chahyein.plz send my e-mail ...

How can a slhouette be made from a photo?
Can Microsoft Picture Manager be used to make a silhouette from a photo with a blue sky background? Any other picture manager? I'd suggest something like Photoshop Elements. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ginghis" <Ginghis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E005687D-5319-4217-94A6-D2B29807013E@microsoft.com... > Can Microsoft Picture Manager be used to make a silhouette from a photo > with > a blue sky background? Any other picture manager? Probab...

Viewing Pictures
Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 to imbed a picture attachment into the document instead of having to open it? Outlook Express automatically shows the picture in the mail message, Outlook stores it as an attachment that must be opened. Any way to change this setting? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably...

Can I make my Hyperlink a picture?
I have hyperlinks in an excel document but I'd rather have them look like an icon or picture - rather than text - is that possible? Insert the picture Right click on the picture Click on Hyperlink... Type in the web address link. Click OK "Rachel" wrote: > I have hyperlinks in an excel document but I'd rather have them look like an > icon or picture - rather than text - is that possible? ...

Picture / Image, behind data ????
Hi, I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do this in Excel. I would love to have certain images behind cell data. Is there a way to do this?????? Hi Chris if you want watermarks you may have a look at the following sites: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip HTH Frank Chris wrote: > Hi, > > I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up > a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do > this in Excel. I would lov...