errors

Hello, I have a coworker who is having these errors in
Publisher:

Due to low memory or use of a floppy other than the one
you started with, Publisher has had to rename your
publication C:\PUB242.TMP.  To resume, close all programs,
including Publisher, then restart Publisher and open the
file.  You may then rename the application.

and this error:

MSPUB.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x600193f0" referenced memory
at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Sometimes, clicking on OK will close Publisher and not
save the document.

Also, she got:
mspaint.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77fcb3ad" referenced memory
at "0x00000." The memory could not be "written".  Click on
OK to terminate the program.
She was getting this above error when opening a Publisher
file with a specific logo that was created in MS paint.

Her other coworker does not have any of these problems.
This coworker does save the Publisher files to the hard
drive and not the network, and she still gets errors.

She has Novell Client 4.83 SP2 and Windows 2K Service Pack
4.

Please Help.  Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

This error is indicative of a corrupt or outdated device driver, in Publisher it
usually a printer but it could be a graphics driver as well. Try opening the file in
safe mode, if it opens, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an
updated driver.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"Jonathan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have a coworker who is having these errors in
> Publisher:
>
> Due to low memory or use of a floppy other than the one
> you started with, Publisher has had to rename your
> publication C:\PUB242.TMP.  To resume, close all programs,
> including Publisher, then restart Publisher and open the
> file.  You may then rename the application.
>
> and this error:
>
> MSPUB.EXE - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x600193f0" referenced memory
> at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "read".
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program
>
> Sometimes, clicking on OK will close Publisher and not
> save the document.
>
> Also, she got:
> mspaint.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x77fcb3ad" referenced memory
> at "0x00000." The memory could not be "written".  Click on
> OK to terminate the program.
> She was getting this above error when opening a Publisher
> file with a specific logo that was created in MS paint.
>
> Her other coworker does not have any of these problems.
> This coworker does save the Publisher files to the hard
> drive and not the network, and she still gets errors.
>
> She has Novell Client 4.83 SP2 and Windows 2K Service Pack
> 4.
>
> Please Help.  Thank you.

0
laserdog (1122)

Checkbook Balance Inquiry Error
I have a client that needs to print out their checkbook balance. They have been printing it from the inquiry screen. For the month of June it looked fine on the screen, but when the inquiry was printed they got an error message as follows: Unhandled script exception Invalid year '8' in date. Function: script terminated Exception_class_script_out_of_range Parameter Type Incompatible in user defined function call. What could be causing this? They also receive the same error when they try to print the inquiry for the month of April. Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, Is this a mod...

Error Handling for Report
In my proposal database I have six Calendar objects (positioned 3 across and 2 down) in one my reports. Three of the calendars should not appear in the reports if their data sources are null. I have inserted the code below to display white boxes on top of the calendars when the data sources are empty. Yesterday the module crashed (probably a memory issue) and so I need error checking to handle this situation. What kind of error checking do I need? Private Sub Report_Load() If IsNull(Me.ProposalShip) = False Then Box87.Visible = False Else Box87.Visible = ...

Error when completing a task
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

Money 99- Error when updating internet information???How do I fix it??
I get this message when pdating internet information: Product Information: Money was unable to complete the operation. The Internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC) How do I fix it??? Please help...send any answers to: todosegalla@aol.com Thank You ...

ADMIN.exe error
Does anyone know what might cause the following error? "Admin.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to reboot your computer." I believe it may be a registry permission problem because I have applied a lockdown .inf. However, I cannot yet find the root of the problem. Thanks! ...

Error when trying to customize forms #2
Hi, I've found that i'm no longer able to customize forms or views in CRM 3.0, everytime i try i get the following error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The requ...

Funky Syntax Error
Hey all, I'm coding a portion of the form that populates a set of options in one field (SubCatBox) based on the value selected in another (Categories). I've created the required tables (named Categories and SubCats) and have set the 'After Update' event procedure for the Categories field to equal: Private Sub Categories_AfterUpdate() Me.SubCatBox.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM tbl SubCats " & "WHERE Fld Category = """ & Nz(Me.Category, "") & """" End Sub I keep getting a 'Syntax Err...

Syntax error in MFC source code!
Hi, This is not a critical problem as the error is located in an unused private macro but MFC team might want to fix the problem neverthless. Version: VC++.NET 2003 File:fixalloc.h // IMPLEMENT_FIXED_ALLOC_NOSYNC -- used in class implementation file #define IMPLEMENT_FIXED_ALLOC_NOSYNC(class_nbame, block_size) \ CFixedAllocNoSync class_name::s_alloc(sizeof(class_name), block_size) \ The macro parameter should be class_name instead of class_nbame! For those wondering what could be doing the CFixedAlloc class, I wrote an article on this class that you can read on my site. Greetings, Olivie...

Error Handling for "my" menu bar
I am creating a menu bar. This menu bar as you can imagine call out to run a macro. If that macro does not exist you get an error message. How do I capture that error message and replace it with my own "error" message? Thank you ...

Error 0x800CCC0D #2
I have MS Office XP installed on my Windows XP Home computer. I am the admin and have no problems with Outlook under my own account. However, my girlfriend, who has a user acct on the PC, suddenly cannot connect to the e-mail server to send or receive e-mail, even though she uses the same server that I do and her acct is configured properly. I am connected to the internet via cable modem through a Linksys BEFW11S4 router and am using Norton anti-virus 2004. I cannot find a working solution anywhere in the knowledge base. I ha a similar problem and solved it by changing the MTU size o...

export type error in report publishing
when i publish any report from GP to Business Portal then i recieved a message that "export type error" and when i see help for this error, help emphisis on installing PDF writer. can u tell me what is the right solution? ...

Error Sending With Distribution Lists
With some of my distribution lists, I get a dialog "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" when trying to send. If I enter the individual addresses from the appropriate address book, it sends fine. ...

error message #45
When Outlook completes the automatic or manual downloading I get an error message 'Task 'Sargent-Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted. The server resonded ?????????. Sometimes it says ?#, or+OK637 octets. I am downloading emails from 2 different email locations. The other one never reports any errors. ISP tech support says it is not a problem on there end. No idea, but, I would remove that account and re-add it, see if that fixes the problem... >-----Original Message----- >When Outlook completes the automa...

Believe there is an error with the Net Worth report programming
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem or is aware of any discussion but I just noticed there is a major discrepancy between the investment account value as shown in Portfolio and the value for the same investment account as of the exact same date as shown in the Net Worth report. I would expect that the Net Worth report would pick up the account values from the Portfolio manager but this doesn't appear to be the case. What leads me to believe it's a programming bug is that the amount changes over time. In other words, I compared the values for this accou...

Visual Basic Error #2
Hi, When I try to copy and paste some data from one worksheet into a ne worksheet I get a couple errors. In the first one the title bar say "Microsoft Visual Basic" and the error is "File not found". If I clic ok, I get another error: "Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data". Th information pastes alright though. This is in Excel 97 running on Windows XP. I've tried reinstallin office to no avail. The same info can be copied and pasted on anothe machine just fine -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a guess. It sounds like there&#...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

Error messages in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2007 and windows 7. When I started with Windows 7, and opened Outlook 2007, I reeived the following error messages: Compile error in hidden modul. On licking, I got the following: AZ WizardModul. WHen I clicked the dialog box went away and I could continue. After installing Google Chrome and some applications, and deleting them, when I tried to downlod articles from various on-line newpapers, I received the following error message: THe operation has been cancelled due to retriction in effect with this computer. Please contact your systems administra...

Is Error Help on a formula
Hello, I need a little help changing this formula: =IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,DATEVALUE(LEFT(A2,10))) to return a blank if the referencing cell is blank. I appreciate the help. jim =IF(ISBLANK(A2),A2,IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,DATEVALUE(LEFT(A2,10)))) "Jim" wrote: > Hello, > > I need a little help changing this formula: > > =IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,DATEVALUE(LEFT(A2,10))) > > to return a blank if the referencing cell is blank. I appreciate the help. > > jim =if(A2 = "', "", =IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,DATEVALUE(LEFT(A2,10)))) ...

Error running q330994 download
Environment XP Home Edition w SP1 Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633, SP1 I downloaded q330994.exe from MS Download Center Won't run: Error msg S3521 (Not valid Win32 App) MS site says download is good for all XP versions. Any help apprecitated. ...

Cannot Save The File error when creating PDF
My Publisher 2007 has been able to create pdf files using the Save As PDF/XPS plugin from microssoft for over a year. Just used it earlier today. Now I get a 'Cannot Save The File' when I try to publish or save as PDF. I see a lot of older post about this problem, but only suggestions to use other free PDF creators. If I create a new publication it works, but it will not work with existing ones. What changed? It appears to be a coruption in the pub file. Why doesn't microsoft create a file integrity or validation check to look for errors rather than pointing everyo...

Track in CRM Error 03-24-06
I changed the format of the tracking token and now whenever someone tries to track an email in Outlook they get a message saying an error has occured. I tried changing it back, restarting the server, but to no avail. Any suggestions? That is a none bug in the software, you can access the bug information on Microsoft secure site but you can't download the fix. The fix has to be emailed from a MS tech. If you don't have support go ahead and pay for a single occurence and then explain your issue they will send you the fix and refund the money for support. Not sure why they do...

Errors and incorrect display
1. When I start outlook, I receive an error message advising ZFEXT.DLL could not be found? It goes on to advise the Detect & Repair may fix the problem. It does not. 2. I send lots of email with urls. Suddenly my emails are going out looking fine but are delivered in plain text with the url information duplicated. They go with an attachment "ATT xxxxx.txt" What's changed? 3. I have extra lines in email. When I return, it does a double space - how to change? Thanks for the help! ...

On Error GoTo Label in a loop only working once.
Yesterday duncanslam (Steve Duncan) posted in Excel.misc for a way to hide charts that don't have data. Seemed doable to me, so I had a go only to discover the nasty problems associated with returning the address of a chart's data. Andy Pope cleared most of that up for me, thanks again Andy, so I then had a go and thought I figured out a way of hiding dataless embedded charts... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Cht As ChartObject Dim strSeries As String For Each Cht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects On Error GoTo BLANK_CHART strSeries = Cht.Chart.SeriesCollection(1).F...

Workstation service will not start -- gets error 2
Hi All: Without the Workstation service starting the computer is almost useless. No networking, can't install SpywareDoctor (needs to update itself), Can't install Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 (requires Crypto service which depends on workstation). Can't even look at events. Can't burn CD's. Trying to start the workstation service service gives: Could not start the Workstation service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system could not find the file specified I tried sfc /scannow. It took all afternoon but did not help the issue. My only r...

Exchange has reported a Error ?
Does anyone know anything about this error (Sender WMI@exchangeservername exchangeservername has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Unknow Drives - Unknow Services - Erro Memory - Unknow CPU - Unknow **************** Monitoring and status notifications are setup to send email when monitored items are in Critical status or Warning status. The server is up and running with no noticeable "problems" Thank Yes, if you look in Exchange System Manager and then look and the Monitoring and Status information, it will tell you which Service your monitoring that has stoppe...