error code "publisher cannot load files from a different version"

yes a popular error i know. but

no i do not have norton

basically the computer crashed, i had to reinstall everything, now previously  made pub's on office 2k will no longer load on publisher 2k. or on another version of publisher 2k.

i looked into the files and they do say publisher 3 embedded in the codes.

i am at a loss as to what to do, i have hundreds of files , i havent checked them all of course
0
paul9678 (2)

Do an installer cleanup,
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
"Paul Helpfull" <paul@helpfiull.com> wrote in message
> yes a popular error i know. but
>
> no i do not have norton
>
> basically the computer crashed, i had to reinstall everything, now previously  made
pub's on office 2k will no longer load on publisher 2k. or on another version of
publisher 2k.

> i looked into the files and they do say publisher 3 embedded in the codes.
>
> i am at a loss as to what to do, i have hundreds of files , i havent checked them
all of course

0
laserdog (1122)
5/29/2004 2:40:10 PM
false alarm i'm afriad, it turns out that they had upgraded to ms office xp and not told me, and given me the office 2k to install after the fresh setup

On Sat, 29 May 2004 10:40:10 -0400, "Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Do an installer cleanup,
>Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

0
paul9678 (2)

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

error code "publisher cannot load files from a different version"
yes a popular error i know. but no i do not have norton basically the computer crashed, i had to reinstall everything, now previously made pub's on office 2k will no longer load on publisher 2k. or on another version of publisher 2k. i looked into the files and they do say publisher 3 embedded in the codes. i am at a loss as to what to do, i have hundreds of files , i havent checked them all of course Do an installer cleanup, Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...