Error accessing Help files

I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help
topics.  I can select a topic, which opens right up, but
then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other
hyperlinked topics, I get a script error.

I am running Windows 2000, Version 5.0.  My Publisher is
version 2000 SR-1.

Suggestions?

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from TJF <tomme_fent@iand.uscourts.gov>...
> I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help
> topics.  I can select a topic, which opens right up, but
> then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other
> hyperlinked topics, I get a script error.

Try updating Internet Explorer.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6343)
8/27/2003 4:54:23 PM
Right-click your browser icon, properties, advanced tab, tick "Disable script
debugging" un-tick "display a notification about every script error".

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"TJF" <tomme_fent@iand.uscourts.gov> wrote in message
> I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help
> topics.  I can select a topic, which opens right up, but
> then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other
> hyperlinked topics, I get a script error.
>
> I am running Windows 2000, Version 5.0.  My Publisher is
> version 2000 SR-1.
>
> Suggestions?

0
laserdog (1122)
8/27/2003 10:35:04 PM
"TJF" <tomme_fent@iand.uscourts.gov> wrote:

> I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help
> topics.  I can select a topic, which opens right up, but
> then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other
> hyperlinked topics, I get a script error.
>
> I am running Windows 2000, Version 5.0.  My Publisher is
> version 2000 SR-1.

How you handle this depends on whether or not you have installed
Service Pack 4 (SP4) for Windows 2000. If you've yet to install SP4
then you'll probably find that applying Microsoft Critical Update
811630 fixes the problem. This update is available from:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811630

If you've installed SP4, try running the following command from a
command prompt:

regsvr32 /u <drive>:/winnt/system32/hhctrl.ocx

and then run this command:

regsvr32 <drive>:/winnt/system32/hhctrl.ocx

The first command unregisters the HTML Help ActiveX control, which is
what provides the navigation features in the help files; the second
command re-registers the control. This should fix the broken registry
entries that are responsible for the problem.

--
Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)
0

Excel not Access